report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > MLM Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2010, 06:30 AM
The fly in your Anti-MLM ointment...

Re: MonaVie-- What are your experiences?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubapro48 View Post
Look close at the chart & notice that LESS than 1% of those people in Monavie make a living of 50K/year! Also, 87% are customers ONLY which means they can't convince others to buy it.

Honestly, aren't Mela's numbers very similar, Tom?
― Criss Jami
BEWARE:Joecool44, aka 'joecool', anti-MLM fanatic, Trolls here anonymously!!
Click Here!
Joecools ugliest LIE!...~"I'm not hiding my identity."
Some common sense Re:MLM/DS can be found, here...!! Click Here

Old 11-22-2010, 06:36 AM
The fly in your Anti-MLM ointment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
The topic of the thread for one thing. None of your posts have been pertinent. Rather than comment on Monavie, you instead chose to mock obese people who have heart attacks as a result of smoking and eating fast food. It's your right to do so, but it's off topic and more than a little bit callous.
Give it a rest. Callous? Shallow & insensitive?

Tough. You no likey, you no read/post.

Quote:
Then, puzzlingly, you tried to defend yourself (like a little tattletale beoch, I might add) by complaining that Doc uses naughty words.
Sorry, you're the one that complained about words used, not me. I wasn't complaining, I was showing you that Doc's a "shallow insensitive" asshole, more so than anyone else here....

Quote:
Since you sign all your posts with a bunch of spam links to wonky MLM websites, I would have thought you might have something relevant or remotely interesting to say on the topic, but apparently you don't.
What's wonky? Which one?

Quote:
Putting it mildly, MLM has an image problem,
I agree with you there.

Quote:
and you aren't helping it any by calling obse people "fat Fs" and pointing fingers at Doc. It's really that simple.
The only fat f**k I was pointing any fingers at was Doc. If you missed that, or it went over your head, that's your issue, not mine.

That's your perspective. I don't agree. That's OK.

Kerry
― Criss Jami
BEWARE:Joecool44, aka 'joecool', anti-MLM fanatic, Trolls here anonymously!!
Click Here!
Joecools ugliest LIE!...~"I'm not hiding my identity."
Some common sense Re:MLM/DS can be found, here...!! Click Here

Old 11-22-2010, 06:49 AM
Most Valued Platinum Member

Quote:
Good grief. Maybe you never studied basic math in elementary school, so allow me to help you out: it works out to less than $6 dollars an hour -- that's below federal minimum wage. That does not include expenses and taxes; that does not include the more than 90% of "distributors" that didn't even get factored into the IDS because they never qualified to receive ANY money.

If you want to favorably compare selling Monavie to a child's lemonade stand or newspaper route, you'd still have your work cut out for you; but it's absurd to call this a "business" when it generates, at best, below-minimum wage for the vast majority of distributors. Business??? Indentured servitude is more like it.

It's a "business" of sorts though for the few at the top who are taking all the money from the distributors; it's just not an ethical one.
Considering that the vast majority either do nothing, or are just customers, why do you expect them to be earning more than a little or nothing?
Thise links basically had comments that looks like it waas written by Amway IBO's.
About 10 minutes later:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joecool44
Learn to read you fvcking moron. I never claimed those pages were from IBO's.
And he admits to changing people's posts!
Quote:
By the way, I only change links when people make personal (unsubstantiated) attacks on me. I find it works quite effectively when I employ that tactic.

Old 11-22-2010, 07:25 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDoyle View Post
Considering that the vast majority either do nothing, or are just customers, why do you expect them to be earning more than a little or nothing?
Do you EVER bother to do any research? The Monavie IDS very clearly states that non-distributors are not factored into their statistics. It only includes what they define as "active distributors".

How many pitches do you get to swing and miss on before you'll walk back to the bench? Are you so "special" that you should get to whiff a dozen times before you'll admit to striking out?

Old 11-22-2010, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Do you EVER bother to do any research? The Monavie IDS very clearly states that non-distributors are not factored into their statistics. It only includes what they define as "active distributors".

How many pitches do you get to swing and miss on before you'll walk back to the bench? Are you so "special" that you should get to whiff a dozen times before you'll admit to striking out?
You can be an ''active'' distributor and still do nothing. In fact, you can be an ''active distributor'' (order the minimum amount of product per month to be one), and still only be a customer.

Not too good at the basics, are you? (dont worry, you're like most on here)

Do you believe that a person who signs up to buy at wholesale, then buys enough product to qualify as an ''active distributor'', but does nothing else to build a business, should earn good money?
Thise links basically had comments that looks like it waas written by Amway IBO's.
About 10 minutes later:
Quote:
Quote:
By the way, I only change links when people make personal (unsubstantiated) attacks on me. I find it works quite effectively when I employ that tactic.

Old 11-22-2010, 07:40 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamwil View Post
So it works out to less than $6 per hour...for those folks who are getting product at a discount. This is entry level, learning skills. How much does college pay you per hour?
Did you really just compare a less-than-6-dollar-an-hour MLM job to college??? ROFLMFAO! Monavie’s wages work out to below minimum wage for about 86% of ACTIVE distributors BEFORE expenses. I can drink any other non-scam juice and not have to take on a second job as an indentured juice whore to a bunch of Utah pyramid scammers just to get a discount. How can Monavie possibly compare to that?

College certainly paid off for me and my classmates. However, I wouldn’t recommend college if it was anything like Monavie and only was capable of successfully graduating a minute fraction of its enrollees.

BTW, I’m sure those “learning skills” one gets from joining a pyramid scheme and flushing their time and money down the toilet will be very impressive on their resume when they go looking for that cherry position in the job market. You need to poke your head outside the MLM world some time and get a dose of reality. [/font]

Old 11-22-2010, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Did you really just compare a less-than-6-dollar-an-hour MLM job to college??? ROFLMFAO! Monavie’s wages work out to below minimum wage for about 86% of ACTIVE distributors BEFORE expenses. I can drink any other non-scam juice and not have to take on a second job as an indentured juice whore to a bunch of Utah pyramid scammers just to get a discount. How can Monavie possibly compare to that?

College certainly paid off for me and my classmates. However, I wouldn’t recommend college if it was anything like Monavie and only was capable of successfully graduating a minute fraction of its enrollees.

BTW, I’m sure those “learning skills” one gets from joining a pyramid scheme and flushing their time and money down the toilet will be very impressive on their resume when they go looking for that cherry position in the job market. You need to poke your head outside the MLM world some time and get a dose of reality. [/font]
Do you really understand what the term ''active distributor'' means?

I'll give you an example for my company.

If you buy one product worth 25 business points every month...a box of 30 cookies, or a bottle of LimuPlus for example, I would be regarded as an ''active distributor''. I wouldnt have to do anything else. I wouldnt earn anything either, but why should I earn anything for buying a product for myself and nothing else?
About 10 minutes later:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 11-22-2010, 08:50 AM
I'm no crook...my upline told me to do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamwil View Post
I enjoy the side job of the MLM world...as do millions of us.
That's alot of "side" money...

You can stop licking your computer screen now....

Here's a good one....
"That's why I changed my 'story'".
Where else can you find this nonsense besides here?

Old 11-22-2010, 09:57 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop Express View Post
Yes, because you knowing a guy blows the entire "I know a guy who makes millions working for 10 hours a month in MLM, and you can too!" false claim made by most MLMers looking for schmucks out of the water.

You got me man, how will I ever live with myself?

Anyways...Michele has figured it out, and it's people like you who helped her determine the inevitable outcome of her son-in-law. And for that, I thank you.
lol sorry I couldn't resist responding to this...it is pretty amusing/pitiful that chris considers hearsay as a good argument against your skepticism. I do feel bad for him

Old 11-22-2010, 09:57 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I must admit I giggle when I read these comments
The company is not a scam, but it takes hard work, effort and consistent behavior to make a company work.

If you really look at the hours he is putting in, would you say it is not much more then 20 hours/week. I say to distributors all the time, if you had paid 25,000 to get into this business would you attend the trainings, meeting and other events that the company has for you to succeed. When asked this question every person answered YES.
Then even though you paid a low risk amount to start the business treat it like you have invested $20,000 into the busines and you will see your success grow.
If not, how do you think you will build a business without time, sweat and consistency.

If his family life is suffering, it might be good idea to involve the family. Talk to them about what this business can do for all of us.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:03 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
See, this is one of the many glaring problems with MLM and MLMers -- a complete lack of self awareness. MLM exists in a vacuum, and MLMers continually pat each other on the back without realizing how they and their industry are really perceived. MLM needs to mature and learn to be self critical; or at least it would if there were any real aspirations toward legitimacy rather than just serving as a smoke screen for selling pyramid schemes, snakeoil scams, and laughably bad motivational lectures.

You don’t define your image because it has already been defined for you by those outside of the MLM industry -- the public at large. And in reality, those outside the MLM industry should be the opinions that really matter to you the most, because that is your consumer base; or at least it would be if it weren’t the fact that very little MLM selling actually goes on outside the distributor network -- it’s a basically just a game of pushing worthless overpriced overhyped products back and forth between distributors.

Any veneer of milk and honey and rainbows in MLM is exactly that – veneer. The general perception of MLMers is that their sunny demeanor is: (a) completely fake (ever seen how quickly an MLMer turns evil after being turned down by a prospect?); (b) absolutely necessary, because when you’re trying to sell some worthless purple pee in a bottle for $45, you don’t have even a remote hope of succeeding without practically licking the boots of your prospects/victims.

In simpler terms, Monavie sellers are con artists, and it’s almost impossible to pull a con like this without at least pretending to be nice about it. We all know what’s behind that mask though; and it sure ain’t pretty.

Your overall self-perception of MLMers (sunny and well-liked) is pretty much the exact opposite of how you are really perceived by those outside of MLM. Most people I know loathe MLMers and think that Amway drones are annoying clowns. They are known as the goofs who pester you to death at the gym; the neer-do-well cousin who ruins holiday get-togethers by hard-selling “the business” to all the relatives; the “friend” who suddenly stops being a friend when you decline to buy their asinine miracle-fruit-punch and get rich-quick scheme.

And all that MLM BS about hard work and perseverance is nonsense too. MLMs like Monavie are essentially giving people a pail of sand and telling them that if they can sell it for fifty bucks, they can keep five. Sure, maybe with Herculean effort scouring the earth for suckers, one could make a living doing that; maybe they’ll have to tell a few lies along the way (like perhaps saying it's holy magic sand that can cure cancer). But good lord, what a colossal waste of time, effort, and dignity. The same effort applied in any other area of endeavor would yield REAL results, but in MLM, 99% of the effort is wasted in order to fill the pockets of a few greedy conmen.

You need to wake up and see how bizarre and grotesque your industry looks to those on the outside. Stop sticking your head in the sand and saying that WE don’t understand MLM. We understand; it’s YOU that doesn’t get it. And unless all you aim to do is sell juice to other distributors, you need to grapple with the reality of your public image. You can solve the PR crisis by simply not scamming people; otherwise, you’ll have your work cut out for you. I won’t wish you luck.
Very well said. I would make your post a sticky If i could.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spovat View Post
lol sorry I couldn't resist responding to this...it is pretty amusing/pitiful that chris considers hearsay as a good argument against your skepticism. I do feel bad for him

If it was hearsay, then maybe. Do you know its hearsay?
About 10 minutes later:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 11-22-2010, 10:19 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
Shallow? Insensitive? You must mean Doc's post that I was responding to. I guess you skipped that...
I guess you missed/skipped/avoided that one! Did you even bother to look at Docs enormous history of nothing but, "shallow & insensitive" posts?! I'd be willing to bet you didn't. Careful who you side with around here, Bodhi.

You missed the intent of my post. I was NOT paying Monavie a compliment. I was razzing DocBunko.

WTF are you babbling on about?! You're not making any sense here. Sorry. I was simply asking doc a question, that he never answered!

I am NOT a Monavie Rep, nor was I referring to McD's as "the restaurant".

You're talking out of your ass. You're clueless. What does this have to do with anything? Again, I was posing a question to Doc, that related to something we were "discussing" some time ago that you know nothing about, I'm sure. Butt out.

[/font][/size]And, who's at fault? McD's or the fat f**k that wouldn't stop eating there? (That's Doc's "remedy"? Sue the restaurant, they were at fault!...RIGHT DOC!?)

Again, I was posing a question to Doc, that related to something we were "discussing" some time ago, that you know nothing about, Bodhi.... Butt out.

Doc? Care to answer the question?

What's really surprising is you come out of left field, trying to pull me up short, about a prior discussion Doc and I had, that you don't know anything about!

Get a clue!

(Note to the occasional objective reader....see how easy it is to post BS when posting anonymously! You don't have to even have a clue what the topic is! No problem-o! Right Bodhi?)

Just what this forum needs, another clueless anti-MLM zealot, making mountains of mole-hills! Again, I'm NOT in Monavie.

Kind of like your strategy here. Not very effective.

Much like your posts here!

Welcome (or, welcome back!) to the forum, sort of...

Kerry
man Ohein, you are the perfect example of all the fallacies that render communication useless. You seriously couldn't comprehend an argument for the life of you. You make it pretty clear with your responses that you've mastered the art of ATTEMPTING to turn the tables on someone and you actually believe you're making a good point by doing so. You speak of objective readers..well you might not be willing to accept this but I doubt anyone of relatively average intellect can even take you seriously here.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:20 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
If it was hearsay, then maybe. Do you know its hearsay?
do you know what hearsay is?

Old 11-22-2010, 10:24 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
HeY Bodhi...

I didn't have alot of time, so I just grabbed a few quotes from DocBunk-o's first page of his post history...

There were PLENTY of "shallow insensitive" posts to choose from. He's one of the most prolific around here...

Deep and sensitive? NOPE.

From that small sampling, I feel the MLMr's here are far more respectful and "sensitive" than DocBunky could ever be!

Still siding with the rabid, "sensitive" Anti-MLMr's here, tough guy?

funny how one of bodhi's points was that you seem to justify your position by comparing yourself or a product to something else and now you do exactly that. How is it relevant that Doc also makes insensitive comments? Bodhi is telling you that MLM isn't taken seriously for a number of reasons, one of which being comments like yours. And if your point is that he overlooked Bodhi's comments, again that's not relevant because that's another argument to make. It's almost juvenile to justify yourself with the claim "he does it toooo"

Old 11-22-2010, 10:28 AM
Cranky Old Fart

Quote:
man Ohein, you are the perfect example of all the fallacies that render communication useless. You seriously couldn't comprehend an argument for the life of you.

Spot on - and something the majority of regular readers here are painfully aware of.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:39 AM

Quote:
do you know what hearsay is?
I sure do, do you?

I'm not relying on hearsay when I say that someone I know does part time hours for a very large income. I know its fact.
About 10 minutes later:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 11-22-2010, 11:10 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
I sure do, do you?

I'm not relying on hearsay when I say that someone I know does part time hours for a very large income. I know its fact.
in that case you don't know what hearsay is because you telling me about this someone makes it hearsay to me, unless you have something else to back up that claim (which I realize you have no obligation to do so).