report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Business Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2008, 11:21 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Driving job scam

I ran across a job listing on craigslist that wanted a driver ASAP. I replied and got back an e-mail that looks like a sure scam to me. I did a simple search on google and found a couple other cities with the same ad posted. Enclosed is the mail I received:

Thanks for your response and I am glad to read from you as regards the driving job, Also for accepting the offer, My name is Brenand Charles while my wife`s name is Sherie Charles.I have contacted my wife concerning the pick up and for other purpose which she might need you for,I believe you are fit for this position in as much you will prove yourself a reliable and good person and your driving is sensible.

Her arrival date should be Sept 20. I will prefer you have your car available but if you don't have a car let me know and i will provide a car for you, I am offering you $90.00/hr and you will make yourself available Just twice a week to her schedule for 4 hours each day.

Concerning the payment i want you to know that Our financial officer would be responsible for the payment, a bank paper check or money order will be issue and send to the information you`ll provide, Here i will beleive you are someone i can trust because i will want a week salary upfront to be paid to you. I will want you to help me out cos the funds which will be issued out to you will contain the travelling agent fee, so i will want you send the rest of the funds after removing yours to the travelling agent. if this is right with you forward me your name and address where the payment will be send out to, i also urge you to send along your direct contact tel number inorder for me to be able to communicate with you anytime..

Will be waiting for your reply.

Regards

Brenand Charles

Old 08-28-2008, 05:48 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Driving job scam

Interesting twist on the standard 419 check cashing scam. Thanks for the post, t2rific.

Old 09-05-2008, 02:23 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Strange - he's very careful to use proper language and seem official. But towards the end of the email (noticeably the last paragraph) he seems to ditch this and use rough language and improper spelling.

He also leaves a '...' at then end of the letter, which actually raise's a readers suspicion.

Old 09-11-2008, 03:34 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I already replied to this but didn't cashed the check. Any suggetions or thoughts as to how the scammer may try to use my information?

Old 09-12-2008, 01:39 PM
I am new at Scam.com

i got the same thing and have been exchanging emails with him. check it out. is there any way of reporting this guy?

Hello Applicant,

Thank you for your response to my last email, and the contact
information you have provided is accurate. I would like to inform you
that, you will be receiving a payment for the service you are to
render for the Company's agent.(Mrs Kathrine Douglas)

Her arrival date is September 23rd. We have negotiated with the car
dealers.A 2007 ( 7 series bmw ) has been booked for 3 days.I would
also like to inform you that you will be receiving a paycheck for
$3,900.00,you are to deduct $1,100.00 for your services, the rest
being payment for the car dealers,her hotel reservations and other
expenses she may incure in the course of her stay. Since we do not
have a representative in the state,you'd be representing our
interest,once you get the payment,you're to get back to me as soon as
possible upon the confirmation of payment receipt.I believe you can
handle this,I'll be looking forward to your response in your next
email...

Thanks
Steven Wooter

Old 05-20-2009, 08:18 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Hey there,

This is another similar email that I got from replying to an ad on *****slist.org. I have emailed him my information. Please advise on what to do.

Sincerely,
Berry

Hello ,
How are you doing ? About the driver job offer, I am very sorry for getting back to you a little late due to some business proposal i had to deal with. However the driver job is still available for you !!! I am a very busy Int'l business man, I need a Driver for myself. Someone who could drive well, a well behaved person and neat, I will be in town for three weeks on vacation, i will be going shopping three times a
week and i will be spending at least 3hours for shopping in a day. I want a serious and
a well behaved Driver. I have contacted my wife concerning the pick up and for other
purpose which i might need you for, which i was told me is okay by me, I believe you
are fit for this position in as much you will prove yourself a reliable and and good person.

My arrival date should be 31st of May, 2009. I will prefer you have your car
available, I am offering you $450 weekly and you will make yourself available 3 times a week
to my schedule for 2 hours each day. Also I want you to know that my client who is
in Us will be sending you a pay-check payment for this job which I want you to know that
the remaining funds will be used by me for my travelling expenses, accommodations
and any other expenses.

Get back to me with the following details of yours ,

Full Name :
Address :
City/location :
Post Code :
Contact phone number :

Please make sure your details above is correct, so the pay-check can be forwarded to you as soon as possible and I will appreciate quick response from you. Thanks and please get back to me asap. NOTE : URGENT RESPONSE IS ALWAYS NEEDED, SO YOU NEED TO CHECK YOUR MAIL MORE REGULARLY FROM TIME TO TIME FOR
UPDATES.

Regards,
Roland Smith

Old 05-20-2009, 08:49 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by berrylin View Post
Hey there,

This is another similar email that I got from replying to an ad on *****slist.org. I have emailed him my information. Please advise on what to do.

Sincerely,
Berry

Full Name :
Address :
City/location :
Post Code :
Contact phone number :
He can not do too much with it(anybody can get this info), but chances are you will have more emails, calls and mail packages with scam offers.

Old 05-20-2009, 11:40 PM
Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktp View Post
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I already replied to this but didn't cashed the check. Any suggetions or thoughts as to how the scammer may try to use my information?
Take the payment to your bank, along with a printed copy of the email. Chances are the check is fraudulent. The bank will give you free advice.

Usually these work by getting cash back from you, leaving you a larger amount in your account. But once the check bounces, you'll be out the amount of cash (untraceable) that you gave them back.

Old 05-27-2009, 05:22 PM
Silver Member

It is very interesting to see how this scam is evolving into new forms and shapes.

Always keep in mind that there is no logical reason for someone to handle money through your personal account, that just does not happen in the real world.

So anyone who asks you for the use of your bank account as part of your job description is not offering a job opportunity, but a scam opportunity in which you will be the victim of course.

Old 06-12-2009, 04:42 AM
I am new at Scam.com

This is also a response from that website. And I even mentioned I thought it was a scam, and he just resent the same email, with spaces this time, and changed a few words. Each time I asked a question, I got a copy/pasted response. That's when I looked it up. I'm quite glad I found this forum.

Unfortunately, I was previously ignorant of this scam. There isn't anything you can do with an address but stalk someone, I guess. So, after several emails to get a better explanation, I passed it off as poor English and I sent my address.
The subject of my post at that website had nothing describing the details of it's content. It's awful that there are actual people who go through and read those posts, working tediously to screw innocent people.

It's kind of silly. There is no reason that his "client" or he himself, could not just write two checks.

Yay for feeling a bit stupid.

~Kaerina

Hello
Thanks for your prompt response and your interest,am Paul,i m seeking for a Nanny for my daughter which is presently living with her mother in Illinois but now i want her to move down here as for i am a very busy man,i want her to stay with my Father,you will be taking care of her from the hour of 2pm to 6pm daily ,exemption weekend,so i need an experience and God fearing and caring nanny that can understand the well being of a child to take care of her for the week till her father is back on her feet.shes a very bright and talented girl of age 8, so she will be moving down here on June 25th, i want you to make your self available for the hours, concerning the price,i am offering $450 for the week and additional 50 for your well being and for my child care.so i want you to get back to me so i can assure i have someone to take care of her for me.Hope to read from you soon As regards the payment,you will be having a payment in form of bank paper Check Via my client,that will be issued to the information you will provide.My Client will send you over payment that will cover your upfront salary and her flight ,in which you will deduct your first week payment as upfront salary and the balance will be remitted to her Travelers Agent as regards of her flight schedule to be arranged.this i just a kind of helping me cause its the same client that's gonna issue the payment for you both.I will greatly appreciate if you be delighted in accepting this offer and as well look forward in having a better service from you.Kindly get back back asap with the information below required,Thus,Further proceedings can take places

Full Name:
Address:
Zip Code:
Phone number:

Regards
Paul.

Old 06-13-2009, 11:47 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I met the same guy via a job posting for an english tutor. This one took me a while to figure out because the poor english fits perfectly into his story. But all of the other details are the same as your stories. Working 4 hours a week, making the check out to me to in a greater total to cover expenses.

Old 06-18-2009, 02:35 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Mine is a little different. I just got it about an hour ago. The only thing he asks for is Full name, mailing address and phone number. He also asks for present work place address and phone number but you could just say unemployed for that. I have also seen some of the others people have posted but this new one seems the least like a scam. Is he just getting better at it?
What can he con me out of with the info he asks for?

Hello Driver,

This driver opening is for a personal driver,someone who will be committed and ready to work with good manners and attitude.My name is Dr. John Anderson and i live here in Bradford,U.K with my wife .You will be driving my wife who has gotten an Evaluation offer to run in many hospitals at some many parts of the United State which includes your state and your city. This scheme is for her to Evaluate all Hospital for the time frame she can do them and we are only looking for a driver who will be able to take care of the driving duty in good competency.The project will be started from July 5th but she will arrive by 30th , I suppose you know what an Evaluation is , sometimes you evaluate companies without a notice of evaluation and many times it is secretly done this might include walking in as a patient and then taking records of how you are been attended to and how others feel about the hospital.You have a privileged to work with her after getting the good credibility about you and further more will be discussed.This job is with a good flexible time and you can decide when you can have time as the evaluation has not timely frame of running as you know that hospitals are open 24hrs.

An arrangement will be made for the car that you will drive and also and apartment will be made ready where she will stay for the time being, all this information will get to you as soon as you are confrmed as the driver.The car will be brought to you 2 days prior to when my wife arrives the State after i have confirmed you for this driver job.

MORE INFORMATION:

Dress Code during work: Black Pant and white shirt, well mannered.
Date work starts: July 5th
Airport: (Fill in your closest airport for your convenience on booking her flight)
Weekly pay: $650
working Hrs a week: 14Hrs.
Max of 3Hrs each ...Monday - Friday.

QUESTIONS:

What type of Car will you prefer?

What times will you be available?

What is your present work places,name and address with phone Number.

Do you think you are a better driver for this open? Yes....Give reasons.

If you think you have read and answered this correctly and you have concluded that you are worthy of the open, I will need the following details from you.

-- Your Full Name
-- Your Mailing Address
-- Your Phone Number

All this will be required as the car rentals are supposed to make a car delivery to you for for this job.

Reply back answering all questions and details as requested.

Greetings to you !

Dr. John Anderson
48 Grattan Rd,
Bradford, West Yorkshire,
U.K ..BD1 2LU
johnandersonmedicine@yahoo.com
+447024061683

Old 06-18-2009, 08:51 PM
Most Valued Gold Member

yes, this is a scam.

Old 06-22-2009, 01:18 AM
Bronze Member

tizo1c,

He claims to be from England, but his English sucks worse than the common American grammar in current use today.

If his wife is coming, and needs to drive, then he'd put the car in her name.

She's not coming.

They'll pump you for more info and may wind up demanding a security deposit for the car or insurance on the car.

This isn't a job.

Dennis

Old 06-22-2009, 10:41 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBeavers View Post
tizo1c,

He claims to be from England, but his English sucks worse than the common American grammar in current use today.
Yeah, I can usually tell the difference between the more relaxed American English vs. the more properly syntaxed British English. Having said that these people don't just say they are from England, but other countries as well.

Do you think you are a better driver for this open?

"open" instead of opening.
That and stuff like "my wife arrives the state" I know what you mean. There is some funkyness here and there.

By the way, I don't think British people refer to things as sucking...do they?

Old 01-09-2010, 10:12 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I got this email....
Too good to be true!

Thanks for the interest,i am LeeAnn,I`m seeking for a Driver for my aunt Denise,i need someone who could drive well,a well behaved person and neat,she will be in the states for two weeks on vacation, her arrival date should be January 25th, she will be going for shopping three times a week and she will be spending at least 3hours for shopping in a day. i'm instructed to get a driver with Good record..
You must have a clean driving record. Have at least 2 years experience to drive my aunt for the weeks, now that you are interested in the service , here is the details of the Car you will be driving for my aunt .
2007 Honda Civic VTEC
Mileage: 17,202
Exterior Color: Gray
Interior Color: cream
Engine: 4 Cyl
Transmission: Automatic
Body Style: Coupe
Details: 2WD,Adjustable Steering Wheel, Air Bags, Air Conditioning, Anti-lock Brakes, CD, Cruise Control, Power Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Premium Wheels, Spoiler, Sun/Moonroof .

Let me know if you are familiar with this kind of car , and if you can handle it carefully and drive it perfectly and safely..
Concerning the price we are offering 70$/hr , I am offering you $630 weekly and you will make yourself available 3 times a week to her schedule for 3 hours each day and you will be driving her,
starting from 10:00 am - 1:00 pm.i want you to get back to me on time.
so i can recommend you to my aunt .
I want a timely response , from you so i can assure her of a driver.
Regards

LeeAnn Whittingham

Old 05-31-2010, 07:40 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by t1z0c View Post
Mine is a little different. I just got it about an hour ago. The only thing he asks for is Full name, mailing address and phone number. He also asks for present work place address and phone number but you could just say unemployed for that. I have also seen some of the others people have posted but this new one seems the least like a scam. Is he just getting better at it?
What can he con me out of with the info he asks for?

Hello Driver,

This driver opening is for a personal driver,someone who will be committed and ready to work with good manners and attitude.My name is Dr. John Anderson and i live here in Bradford,U.K with my wife .You will be driving my wife who has gotten an Evaluation offer to run in many hospitals at some many parts of the United State which includes your state and your city. This scheme is for her to Evaluate all Hospital for the time frame she can do them and we are only looking for a driver who will be able to take care of the driving duty in good competency.The project will be started from July 5th but she will arrive by 30th , I suppose you know what an Evaluation is , sometimes you evaluate companies without a notice of evaluation and many times it is secretly done this might include walking in as a patient and then taking records of how you are been attended to and how others feel about the hospital.You have a privileged to work with her after getting the good credibility about you and further more will be discussed.This job is with a good flexible time and you can decide when you can have time as the evaluation has not timely frame of running as you know that hospitals are open 24hrs.

An arrangement will be made for the car that you will drive and also and apartment will be made ready where she will stay for the time being, all this information will get to you as soon as you are confrmed as the driver.The car will be brought to you 2 days prior to when my wife arrives the State after i have confirmed you for this driver job.

MORE INFORMATION:

Dress Code during work: Black Pant and white shirt, well mannered.
Date work starts: July 5th
Airport: (Fill in your closest airport for your convenience on booking her flight)
Weekly pay: $650
working Hrs a week: 14Hrs.
Max of 3Hrs each ...Monday - Friday.

QUESTIONS:

What type of Car will you prefer?

What times will you be available?

What is your present work places,name and address with phone Number.

Do you think you are a better driver for this open? Yes....Give reasons.

If you think you have read and answered this correctly and you have concluded that you are worthy of the open, I will need the following details from you.

-- Your Full Name
-- Your Mailing Address
-- Your Phone Number

All this will be required as the car rentals are supposed to make a car delivery to you for for this job.

Reply back answering all questions and details as requested.

Greetings to you !

Dr. John Anderson
48 Grattan Rd,
U.K ..BD1 2LU
johnandersonmedicine@yahoo.com
+447024061683

I have recieved somethimg similar, same address, different name. This is the first e-mail I got back after sending my basic info.

Dear Agent,

CONGRATULATIONS !! Refrence No:- LSLCA/2031/ 8161/05 Batch No:-R4/A313/2-6

Partial review has been done and you have been selected among the first shortlist for the advert scheme. Arrangement will be made for the vinyl decals, also known as "auto wraps which will be on the car and it will speak for itself more. The auto wraps tend to be colorful and eye-catching and attract lots of attention. Plus, it's a form of advertising with a captive audience, meaning people can't avoid seeing the wrapped car alongside them. We also will make arrangement for handbills which will say much about the company , so when people come close to know more about MYHOMEŽ you only give them the handbills to read some more. The expected amount you will earn weekly is stated below and it marks a total of $350. We have arrangement for people who have attention of more people depending on the response we get on there location.

PAY ANALYSIS:

* $200 WEEKLY FOR THE CAR
* $50 FOR GAS ON EXTRA MILES ON ADVERT
* $100 FOR EXTRA WORK ON HANDBILLS SHARING.

We will give a date when the Auto Wraps (vinyl decals) will be delivered to you and also it will come with example of past pictures from our printer and it will also include the handbills for people to read more.

yours Sincerely,

MYHOMEŽ
Human Resource Dept,
Recruitment Manager
Graham Guinn
48 Grattan Rd,
U.K ..BD1 2LU

This is the next e-mail;

Dear Agent,

We have only delayed the wraps(vinyl decals) and handbills to be delivered to your residence.We have planned it to start the second half of the year and this will last for another 6 months.Our printer has informed us that all gadget ( Wraps and handbills) are ready and will be sent out to different agents from beginning of June. Also your weekly payment will be arranged and we have be sure we have extra funds for Agent who have for us more contacts in there various environment.Your weekly pay $350 still firm and will issued every last day of the week.

We implore you to always keep your vehicle clean and functional at all time as it serves as part of us for the time of the deal. Special job offer as an office Agent for any Agent who has the job of MYHOMEŽ at heart.

No place like MYHOMEŽ.

yours Sincerely,

MYHOMEŽ
Human Resource Dept,
Recruitment Manager
Graham Guinn
48 Grattan Rd,
U.K ..BD1 2LU

This is the last;

Dear Agent,

We are to inform you that your payment has been issued and will be delivered to you at your Residence today ,it will be delivered by UPS Courier service and can be tracked online with that track number :J2271253386 at www.ups.com. Kindly confirm you have received the payment and then cash/ deposit the payment with your bank for clarification. The payment sent includes your first week payment and the rest goes to the printer for the Auto Wraps and the Handbills printed. You are to deduct $350 and discussed in your pay analysis and the printer take $1700 for the jobs and the printer will be responsible for the courier service to send the Auto Wraps and Handbills to you. the sum of $2250 was sent to you , $350 for your Weekly Pay and the sum of $1900 will be left after your pay deduction. The sum of $1700 is to be sent to the Printer whose name will be given below and the $200 extra is set aside for the transfer charges you will need to send the funds to the Printer.

PAY ANALYSIS:

* $200 WEEKLY FOR THE CAR
* $50 FOR GAS ON EXTRA MILES ON ADVERT
* $100 FOR EXTRA WORK ON HANDBILLS SHARING

PRINTER'S PAY:

* $1,700 AUTO WRAP AND 10, HANDBILLS.

WESTERN UNION CHARGES FOR TRANSFER:

* $200 CHARGES AT WESTERN UNION TO MAKE TRANSFER

PRINTER'S INFO NEEDED TO MAKE FUND TRANSFER:

NAME : ROSS MISCKHE
ADDRESS: 20 woodfield mall
CITY: Schaumburg,
STATE: IL
ZIP CODE: 60173

Your are to get back to us with the Money Transfer Control Number (M.T.C.N) that will be given to you at the Western Union office when you are done sending and it will be transferred to the Printer for pick up for Rapid delivery of the auto wraps and handbills.Please Ensure you use (10 minutes money transfer service).

DETAILS OF TRANSFER:

* MTCN(Money Transfer Control Number).. 10 digit number.
* Senders Information (If funds were not sent by you).

Your swift attention and urgency to this will is highly appreciated in anticipation.

yours Sincerely,

MYHOMEŽ
Human Resource Dept,
Recruitment Manager
Graham Guinn
48 Grattan Rd,
U.K ..BD1 2LU

Old 06-01-2010, 07:42 AM
Bean Sidhe of the Duannan

Thanks for posting up the emails from that scammer, glad you found us before losing money to that scammer. There are several red flags in those emails that you can look for in other emails.

1) Use of Western Union or moneygram.
2) No using your name, using the word 'agent' instead The scammer has stock cut-n-paste emails and just sends #1, #2, #3, etc and can't be bothered to even add your name to the top.
3) +44-70 phone number, that is a cell phone re-direct service that lets its users look like they are in the United Kingdom but are really continents away.
4) Tracking number from UPS that starts with a letter instead of '1Z' (the number one then letter Z).

Any one of those is suspect, more and you have scammer.

Found a romance scammer? Post the information over at RomanceScam.com