report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2008, 07:24 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Care One Credit Counseling.... legit? or scam??

Okay so I am in a horrible situation right now. I'm a young single mom, living along and for the last 3 months I've been job less. After losing my job a while back I've been constantly looking for a new one all summer, finally i got one. The thing is, over the the last 3 months I haven't been making my credit card payments now I'm completely over my head in credit card debt! It's gotten to the point that I owe about 1200 a month memium! I do not have that kinda of money. So i decided to finally give up on trying to talk down the debts with my credit card companies and try to do a debt consolidation. Care One said I'd only have to pay 150 a month, for basically the next 5 yrs. Thats a long time, but I have no other options. It all sounds fine to me, I'm just concerned I'll be giving 150 dollars to them every month and it be some big rip off. They're going to contact me in two weeks to start this whole process so in the mean time I need help ASAP! Anyone know for sure if this is legit?? please let me know!

Old 08-19-2008, 10:23 PM
Most Valued Gold Member

Re: Care One Credit Counseling.... legit? or scam?

google is your friend-

http://www.usdoj.gov/ust/eo/bapcpa/ccde/cc_approved.htm

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/.../kneedeep.shtm

http://www.consumerlaw.org/initiativ...unseling.shtml

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Willard's Plot To Dump Obama-Care For Romney Doesn't Care dchristie Political Chat 0 09-09-2012 11:44 AM
Care One Credit Counseling....heard of it??? Angel143 Internet Scams 32 03-23-2012 07:05 PM
Is this legit? 100k for your good Credit ragtopman Corporate Scams 6 08-08-2007 08:34 PM
Stutus 850- Credit Card that promises to up your credit score sold via MLM. Wishyouknew MLM Scams 3 08-22-2006 02:27 AM
New requirement for counseling may put debtors at risk sojustask Political Chat 6 10-17-2005 01:00 PM