report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Work at Home Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2008, 12:55 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Income at Home.com

has anyone had experience with this one...Income at Home.com...very slick...free website...cost in the high hundreds and low thousands $.....

Old 08-10-2008, 01:08 PM
Silver Member

Re: Income at Home.com

There's quite a few threads already on Scam.com about this - which is The Online Business - a.k.a. Online Business Systems...

Here's one of the longer ones:

The Online Business info at Scam.com

You can search any of these in the search box for the forum:

incomeathome
incomeathome.com
www.incomeathome.com
the online business
theonlinebusiness
theonlinebusiness.com
www.theonlinebusiness.com
online business systems

Or...you can clickthrough to run these searches in Google:

site:scam.com incomeathome.com
site:scam.com incomeathome
site:scam.com the online business
site:scam.com online business systems

Which sometimes is faster than the forum search option.

Old 10-18-2009, 10:55 PM
I am new at Scam.com

9WHAT IT SAID IN THE PRIVACY STATEMENT)

Third Party Sites

After we sell, license, transfer, and/or share your information with our affiliated companies, any of the Advertising Businesses, or any third parties, we do not have control over how they will use, collect, and/or disseminate your information. Accordingly, we recommend that you review the Privacy Statements of the corresponding affiliated companies, Advertising Businesses, and third parties with whom we have shared and/or sold your information in order to acquaint yourself with their information collection, use, and/or sharing policies. If you have concerns with how your information is being used by an affiliated company, Advertising Business, or a third party to whom we have provided your information, and your inquiries to that party are not addressed to your satisfaction, please let us know using the contact information provided below. However, you understand and agree that we are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these other websites, and you agree that we are not responsible for how such information is ultimately used.

Last edited by Administrator : 05-09-2012 at 08:35 AM.

Old 10-21-2009, 02:49 PM
Newbie Member

I love this site. It gives people a place to vent all their frustrations. I have seen all these scam reports and many others too. If you look into most MLM companies, you will find hundreds of these reports. The main reason for all these negative reports is because everyone is not cut out for this type of home business. So those that fail need someone to blame...and ofcourse it is the company. I am not telling you to join incomeathome, Online Business Systems, OBS, although I am saying that you should check them out for yourself. Quick search with the BBB http://http://www.bbb.org/us/Find-Bu...#middle-result shows that they have an A+ rating and are an Accredited company. Something to consider. Do your own research and look into the founders as well. Anytime you consider a business online, this is a good thing to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blusamikey View Post
has anyone had experience with this one...Income at Home.com...very slick...free website...cost in the high hundreds and low thousands $.....
[link removed by mod]

Last edited by No_Moron_Here : 10-21-2009 at 08:21 PM. Reason: remove affiliate link

Old 11-17-2009, 06:48 PM
Mag Boiler

I sent an e-mail to one of the talk show hosts (Medved) that advertise IncomeAtHome suggesting that they should look into this outfit as a possible scam. Unfortunately, they forwarded my e-mail to IncomeAtHome and I got a note from Amanda Schaffer, Customer Support Manager for Online Business Systems which is IncomeAtHome. She kind of suggested that I should cease and desist.

While this outfit may not be a scam, it is a MLM that does not present its product. It's intent is to sell distributorships to sell Herbalife which may be suffering as a result of this.

Be careful when you complain...they have a lot of resources.

Old 07-24-2010, 12:55 PM
I am new at Scam.com

right, anything with the title "free" is obviously bogus, nothing is ever free. It takes money to make money with anything, if you're dumb enough to fall for something like that in the first place, nothing comes easy ever. What makes me madder is they even advertise income@home.com on the radio, saying it is a legitimate business, enabling single moms to make an income from home. Sounds great until you find out they are just feeding on desperate ppll who need assistance with making a living. It is really sick & just sad actually that they take advantage of needy individuals who want to make $ doing something with their computers.
That these sort of scams still even exist anymore and are still around is even more disturbing. "If it sounds to good to be true, than (about 99% of the time) it is". I'm still "phishing" for that one percent. If you're in IT like me, there is no money to be made unless it is a legit e-commerce site, something licensed. just my rant on the subject, I went to that site hoping to find an opportunity and even though they say as seen on MSN, CNN, FOX News, CSPAN, & recommended by the BBB means absolutely nothing. They should be sued for doing so, for even posting that on their sites & advertisements - false advertising & lies

Old 07-28-2010, 05:07 AM
Information is Power

Here is a very basic rule of thumb when evaluating a MLM "opportunity". Is the main way to make money selling a product or recruiting people? If the only way to make money is by getting other people to pay the same fee you did, stay away.

Old 07-28-2010, 07:53 AM
Newbie Member

Income at home is a legitimate company that has been around for almost 8 years. They adhere to all the laws, rules and regulations set out by the governments in the countries they do business in. They have a great rating with the BBB because they deal with all issues in a timely and appropriate manner and have done so over many years earning them the accreditation. The advertising is not false or misleading, it gets you to look at the website. Those endorsing it have all looked into the company and feel safe associating themselves with Incomeathome. If you read the entire website before ordering the package, you will have a good understanding of what it is about.

Old 09-10-2010, 03:37 PM
Newbie Member

Income at Home is nothing more than Herbalife sneaking around in camouflage. It's the old bait and switch trick and this one is designed and funded by Doran Andry, one of the top earners in Herbalife.
They're not going to tell you it's Herbalife until you are in hook, line and sinker.
Stay away from this one with a 50-foot pole!

Old 09-13-2010, 08:17 AM
Newbie Member

I think I need to respond to Bob's posting because he has some facts wrong.

Income at home is definitely affiliated with Herbalife International and very proud of it. Herbalife is an industry leading company that is able to do business in 71 countries around the world. They sponsor major sports teams (LA Galaxy soccer team for one) as well as many individual athletes and sports events all over. They are publicly traded on the NYSE (symbol HLF).

As for Income at Home, it is not designed or funded by Doran Andry as stated. It was developed by a group of Herbalife Distributors who wanted a new and innovative way to market the business opportunity and the products. There is nothing hidden as right on the front page it mentions the affiliation with Herbalife. It is not in bold because they want people to grasp the concept of a personal business first and foremost. You learn very quickly from speaking with your personal business coach what this is all about and what you can expect from this business.

Keep in mind that this is a business as any other and you must be willing to invest in yourself through hard work, time and financial means.

Old 09-28-2010, 05:58 AM
I am new at Scam.com

A bit of a reality check on Herbalife.
According to wikipedia, they have 2.1 million distributors (!) and annual revenue of 3.8 billion. If Herbalife pays out 10% of its revenues in commission to its distributors, that's only an average of $181 per year per distributor! Obviously the vast majority of distributors' income comes from fees they charge new distributors. Which is why they aggressively seek new distributors even when they already have more than 2 million of them!

Old 09-28-2010, 07:05 AM
Newbie Member

I guess Wikipedia is a bit behind. Herbalife is ahead of that in terms of annual wholesale sales. Also your math is a bit off, but besides that, Herbalife pays out more than 10% to its distributors which means the average is a lot higher. As well, this is not taking into consideration that the distributors only pay Herbalife for the wholesale costs and not the retail portions which they collect. All in all, a smart working distributor can make a really good living with Herbalife.

Old 09-29-2010, 08:44 PM
I am new at Scam.com

What are you talking about? Your post makes no sense??

Old 10-01-2010, 08:39 AM
Newbie Member

Guess I should have explained what the structure is in terms of how a distributor gets paid in order for this to make sense. Herbalife is a legitimate multi-level marketing company which abides by all the rules and regulations set out buy the government. Herbalife, in essence is a wholesaler which sells to distributors which in turn sell retail to their customers producing a profit. Herbalife pays out dividends to the distributor at the end of the month based on personal volume (sales), and organizational volume (group sales). Distributors do not get paid based on how many people they bring in, but on how well these people do in their own businesses. So it makes good business practice to aid the people you bring in to be successful because everyone wins in the end.

Old 10-04-2010, 08:18 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I am involved with MLM and love it, I just wanted to put that out there before my commit.

The income at home system seems a little weird, they make it seem like you are starting a business or company when signing up on their site, but in fact all you seem to be doing, is paying to become a lead to a herbal life distributor.
Profit from Utility Deregulation and Telecommunication in all 50 states, Not a regional Deregulation company. Diversity of 8 products so that anyone, in any state can profit from Deregulation. http://wedidyoucan.com

Old 10-16-2010, 05:01 AM
I am new at Scam.com

This is an accredited company with an A+ rating. If you do your due diligence, you will see that it is not a scam. It may not not be the right job for YOU, but that does not make it a scam. They ask of you is to send 9.99 for the S&H of the kit, which is perfectly reasonable.

I have a hard time reading comments from people that talk in emoticons. Very hard to take you seriously.

Old 10-16-2010, 05:29 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Herbalife in and of itself is a scam. I know someone who bought their product to lose weight. If you don't mind getting other people to spend money they don't have on things they don't need, then sign up for income at home.

Old 10-18-2010, 11:19 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayT View Post
This is an accredited company with an A+ rating. If you do your due diligence, you will see that it is not a scam. It may not not be the right job for YOU, but that does not make it a scam. They ask of you is to send 9.99 for the S&H of the kit, which is perfectly reasonable.

I have a hard time reading comments from people that talk in emoticons. Very hard to take you seriously.
Just because you have an A+ rating on BBB doesn't mean you're not a scam. In fact a company can have never had any complaints whatsoever and only get a C rating because they don't pay the better business' fee to become "accredited". The BBB is a scam itself!

IncomeAtHome.com is misrepresenting themselves. If they have nothing to hide then why don't they tell you ANYTHING about their model. Even after you pay their $9.95 the only thing you receive in the mail is more "jive" about how great they are and testimonials of how much money you can make. Why not tell the people what you are selling and let them make an educated decision based on the facts? Because it's all hot air, that's why!

Last edited by katiescorner : 10-18-2010 at 01:50 PM.