report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Work at Home Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2008, 07:50 AM
Newbie Member

Pictures for profit

Has anyone heard of this website "pictures for profit today?" Is it a scam?

Old 08-06-2008, 08:45 AM
Wheres my Spam? Ask your friendly neighborhood moderator.. ME

Re: Pictures for profit

I would guess that they tell you to put together a portfolio showing your work, make up some business cards, (you may also need to check your cities requirments for business licenses, etc). You could also make up a brochure..

Take it around to your local real estate and mortgage companies and offer your services..

Pretty simple.. I've seen ad's in our paper from real estate companies looking for a photographer but unless they are hiring and placing those ads, you will need to get out there and drum up your business. Hence the part of their ad:

Quote:
we currently have well over 100 NATIONWIDE COMPANIES that would LOVE to hear from you IMMEDIATELY!

Last edited by katiescorner : 08-06-2008 at 08:55 AM.

Old 08-06-2008, 12:05 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by palobia02 View Post
Has anyone heard of this website "pictures for profit today?" Is it a scam?
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...5132343AAuyr1m

Apparently, you aren't the only one curious about it. :)

Old 08-06-2008, 08:15 PM
Platinum Member

They only offer a training manual, as Katie said, you will have to market yourself to the clients. They already may be having photographers from your area on their rolls.

Old 08-08-2008, 12:34 AM
Scam Surfer

I would guess katiescorner is pretty close on her guess. If you have no idea what real estate companies are looking for in photos, it might be worth a glance, but I wouldn't expect a super-comprehensive and guaranteed business strategy.

If it is just info you're after, you might be able to get it for cheaper...Amazon has a Taking Pictures for Profit: The Complete Guide To Selling Your Work paperback for less than 3 bucks, and it is 160 pages.

You might also be able to find free info on sites such as photopreneur or some similar site.

As for simply selling photos for money, I have seen sites which are free to join and upload photos too. They can be in any genre. Then you get a portion of what your work sells for. Unfortunately, I cannot remember a single one of them right at the moment....sorry.

Anyway...hope this was useful in some shape or form

Old 08-26-2008, 08:51 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Don't do it don't do it don't do it! I figured I would take the risk I mean hell its only 20 dollars right? Well you go thru the payment process and it looks very official and all but once they take your money nothing happens! They give you no password to access information they do nothing but take your money. If you read the website it says you'll receive a training manual with contacts etc. I've never received this training manual. Its suppose to come via email, nothing has come and no emails are answered, don't waste your money. Its not that the program doesn't work, its that they take your money and give you nothing in return. Sounded too good to be true but I figured I'd take a risk, it may only be 20 bucks but even that small amount of money feels bad, some jerk sets up a website does a good job at it two and laughs away with your money and that stings! Its only 20 bucks but thats money you could have spent on something else, flushing it down the toilet would have felt better then getting robbed. Save your money, don't get robbed like me.

Old 09-11-2008, 11:09 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Stoneharker,
I am disgusted! I was on Yahoo Hot Jobs tonight and saw this link for a job that dealt with taking pictures of real estate, houses, etc. When I got to the website, which was picturesforprofittoday, yes, it was more of that sickening, "Send us $20 and we'll send you this lovely manual that explains it all" garbage! I have seen so many nauseating "work at home" scams in the past few days, but what really got me here was that this was posted along with legitimate jobs on Yahoo Hot Jobs. The internet is making me sick! Vickie aka Currygirl

Old 10-18-2008, 07:15 AM
Newbie Member

I am not sure why this company did not send you the guide however there are several sites out there that will send you the information on "How to Make a Profit with Your Camera"

The guides will explain the different types of jobs available such as taking pics for insurance companies. A guy I used to work with drives around and takes pics of the cars at car dealerships, types the description in this computer and prints out those stickers that we all see on the car windows. He got this job because his brother in law works for the company. He doesn't make a ton of money but gets a company car.

Basically there are lots of opportunities for taking pics that people are unaware of and this is how they sell the information.

They will also list companies that hire photographers for these "unknown" jobs. YOU STILL MUST APPLY AND INTERVIEW with these companies and in most cases, they are not hiring.

Old 04-22-2010, 09:31 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I bought this once a few years ago. I recieved the manuel read it and contacted a couple of the companies and like everything eles i try, i got bored with it.

about a month ago i got a phone call from someone asking me if i still take pitcures. I explained that I never did anything but he continued to offer me a job.

I did the job and two weeks later got my check for $25

This makes me want to persue it more now that I know it works.

Unfortunetly, the company i did work for is in the bay area of california and i live in western mass. He told me he rarely gets work for out here. The good news for me is that I am is only contact if he does.

I know its gonna be a slow process to get it going. Part of the problem is many companies want to to have Ommissions and Errors Insurance with is rather expensive. (about $2,000 a year which isn't a lot if your getting enough work)