report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2008, 12:21 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Thrive Learning Institute ???

Hi Everyone,
I was wondering if any of you have had any experience with this school. I have done my "due diligence" in research the best that I know how and I haven't come across anything bad. They are with the BBB and they are reporting 0 complaints in the last 36 months.

I just thought I would post in here to see if anyone knows anything more about this company and if they have been successful with it.

Thank you for your time.

Old 07-25-2008, 02:01 AM
Diamond Member

Re: Thrive Learning Institute ???

Looks like they faked their LLC registration. I checked Utah.gov and there is no business with the name "Thrive Learning" is registered in Utah. Thats how they faked BBB accreditation. They told BBB that they were incorporated in 2001, but in reality they launched website four month ago. First comments on the web on Thrive Learning started in June, so that probably when they started their operations.

Quote:
Thrive Learning Institute is the leading provider of online training in the world.
Bold face lie. You do not become leading provider of anything after 2-4 month of operations.

Quote:
Powering individuals, independently-run businesses, as well as syndicated and corporate stores, we teach every aspect of doing business online. Including storefront development, online marketing, search engine optimization, and selling on eBay.
Everything that you should be learning on your own or hiring outside company with years of experience. If you need hand to hold you, you are not built for online business.

Also check ripoffreport website. Looks like they do not honor refunds.

Last edited by borisf96 : 07-25-2008 at 02:10 AM.

Old 08-13-2008, 02:14 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Thank you for responding. I am sorry that it has taken me a while to say thanks. I am glad that we didn't go through with their company. We found out that they are charging different people different prices for the same service. They were trying to get us to pay $15,000 for their school. I saw online that someone else had spent $3000 and there was another person that had some other amount. They do, however, "guarantee" that you make your money back within 90 days. They try to sell you on using "other people's money" when in actuality, they just want you to charge your credit card. Their claim is that it is "the bank's" money. I gues they'd win that on a technicality, but you still have to pay the bank back.... anyway, i think if you look hard enough, you can get most of the information you need on the internet.

Thank you so much!

http://www.theprofitleaders.com

Old 08-13-2008, 05:52 PM
Banned

The BBB report states,
Quote:
Name: Thrive Learning, LLC
Phone: (866) 334-3672
Fax: (801) 224-3997
Address: 350 South 400 West Ste 101
Lindon, UT 84042
www.thrivelearninginstitute.com
Original Business Start Date: November 2001
Principal: Mr. Zach Bradshaw, Customer Relations
Customer Contact: Mr. Zach Bradshaw, Customer Relations
Email Address: support@thriveli.com
Entity: Limited Liability Company
Incorporated: November 2001, UT
TOB Classification: Training Programs, Business Consultants, Marketing Consultants
BBB Accreditation: This organization is a BBB Accredited business.

Additional DBA Names
J.C. Residual, LLC
Utah SoS records show,
Quote:
Name:
J.C. RESIDUAL, LLC.
Type:
Limited Liability Company
City:
American Fork
Active
Business Name:
J.C. RESIDUAL, LLC.
Entity Number:
5014050-0160
Registration Date:
11/01/2001
State of Origin:

Address
947 S 500 E #110
American Fork, UT 84003

Status
Active
Status Description:
Good Standing
This Status Date:
01/15/2008
Last Renewed:
01/15/2008
License Type:
LLC - Domestic
Delinquent Date:
11/01/2008
Sorry, there borisf96.

The company 'Thrive Learning, LLC' indeed has no records with the Utah SoS. However, that appears to be a DBA for 'J.C. RESIDUAL, LLC.' The DBA seems to check out with the Utah Sos. Perhaps the BBB, or someone, made a error in the listing?

Even though the BBB report shows only one complaint it does also have this.
Quote:
Industry Tips
SEMINAR MARKETING

Consumers who plan to attend free seminars should be aware that in most cases the presenters will promote products and services that are for sale. Products sold at these seminars include self improvement, investment education materials, and home based businesses. Individuals interested in home based businesses need to consider all aspects and costs of starting and operating a business. This may include:

* licensing, advertising, bookkeeping and other related expenses.

In any business venture, area saturation can occur due to a lack of territorial restrictions. In all cases, a wide variation in earnings should be expected. Be sure to read and understand any cancellation policies or guarantees before making a purchase.

Last edited by nomaxim : 08-13-2008 at 05:57 PM.

Old 10-07-2008, 03:16 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I know someone that works for a company that feeds Thrive it's clients. The reason there is a price difference is in the package they get. Some will just get the eBay package, and some will get all the bells and whistles. They give the people what they can afford, and it can be upgraded later. It seems to be a legitimate business. There are a lot of coaching programs out there - some are valid, some are not. This one appears to be valid.

Old 10-10-2008, 01:25 PM

Yes, BEWARE of Thrive Learning Institute! The latest addition to UT online 'educational' scams. The former founders of Tafiti Consulting a division of Media Learner, started Thrive because they got greedy and wanted the whole pie. Thrive uses the Lightwave Builder which is really a Bright Builders product (all these are UT based companies) who is in bed with Echo (Electronic Clearing House of SF, UT) online merchant account processors who also rip everyone off - they use First Regional bank, Ca - it's easier to get a mortgage or auto loan than a merchant account here. Then there is Prosper Inc, Mentoring of America, PMI (recently became a part of Media Learner) - all these coaching companies charge thousands of dollars to provide online websites and coaching by inexperienced kids. There is a 3 day cancellation policy which the major sales companies that sell you these programs such as Summit dont tell you about-it is almost impossible to get your money back. Watch out for Matt & Dave Rasmussen (Thrive), S. Sonnenberg (Media Learner) Todd Baum (Echo), Alex of Summit. These are scams and all UT based. Good Luck!

Old 10-13-2008, 12:42 PM

Here is a ROR link - FYI -

http://ripoffreport.com/reports/0/376/RipOff0376327.htm

Old 10-24-2008, 07:11 AM
I am new at Scam.com

No its not!

Old 11-28-2008, 02:52 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Please stayaway from these people. They are connected to Tafiti Consulting which will fleece their own grandmothers. I mistakenly answered an ad and became involved with Angela Penbrook/Penbrook Productions which we all know now is connected to Angel Stevens/ProcessAtHome. Penbrook/Stevens, in turn, sells your information to Tafiti. I really wonder what my information was worth. I have had to cancel credit cards and now I am being called by collection agencies. I do not own any past due bills. One of the people's name on my answering machine is Christenson which is one of the name in a long line of people connected with these scammers.

Please do not become involved with them. Good luck! Auntie Em

Old 01-12-2009, 03:45 PM
I am new at Scam.com

SCAM!!!!!!

They use college students to do their "coaching" and rip you off. They also hide their 3 day cancel policy in their contract which starts from when you tell their sales company "yes".
AVOID!

Old 01-13-2009, 07:27 PM
Newbie Member

I have talked to a few people who have been really happy with this company. I do not work for, or am affiliated with them in any way, however, I can tell you this. They are NOT, in any way, shape or form, connected to Tafiti. The same individual started both companies, but left Tafiti after the other owners got too greedy.

Thrive doesn't have a 3 day policy, or a sales organisation.. they are a coaching fulfillment company. PERIOD! If you feel poorly about your decision to become involved, then you should take that up with the company who sold you Thrive's service.. but i promise you, it was not Thrive who sold you. And, for that matter... your sale happened on the phone, right? Nobody twisted your are to join.. and all you had to do was hang up the phone if you weren't interested. I think it's time that people start taking responsibilty for their own actions.

Thrives service is not perfect, but it's the best thing I've seen for helping people who would otherwise be doomed to failure in starting an online business.

98% of all online businesses fail in the first 90 days. (that statistic comes directly from the SBA) That equals a 2% success rate. As far as I can tell.. with everyone I've interviewd in the US and Canada.. Thrive's success rate is more like 75%. That is my own analisys of the 2 or 3 dozen people i've intervied.

I'm not sure even Disneyworld has a 75% success rate... when I went there, more than half of my family was bummed at the lines, the heat, the cost, the crowds.. etc.

Just think about what you are doing here.. you are getting an education, and paying a price for that education. Just like college. Pay the price, do the work and get the rewards, that what it seems like I get told over and over by those people who are somewhere between satisfied and extatic with Thrive Learning.

Old 01-19-2009, 12:50 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Thrive Learning Institute is owned by the same people that started Tafiti consulting being partnered up with "media learner". They were fired by media learner from their management positions at Tafiti because they got greedy and did shady/dishonest things. Because of this they went and started their own similar company called Thrive Learning Institute. They take in about 250+ new "clients" a week being taught by so called "coaches" that do NOT do this themselves successfully and do NOT live up to what the salesman hype them up to be. 1 in about 1000+ "clients" actually make any kind of money and it is no where near riches or even making your original money spent back. That is NOT a 75% success rate. All you are doing by entering this program is making the owners of the "lead generator", sales company, and "fulfillment" company (tafiti/thrive), rich. PERIOD. You are MUCH better off keeping your 4-12 grand and doing your own research and eventually using some of that money into advertising/website design etc. If you have any questions please post. Avoid Thrive and all companies like it.

Last edited by darthpwnage13 : 01-19-2009 at 12:54 AM.

Old 01-19-2009, 12:51 AM
I am new at Scam.com

In addition to my previous post, 90% of their testimonials are actually the companies owners websites.

Old 02-19-2009, 01:44 PM
I am new at Scam.com

My previous 3 posts were based on facts that are not true about the company. I decided to join up with thrive after a long conversation with one of their sales team reps and am very happy with Thrive Learning and they way they are helping me become successful. Everyone there is very helpful and professional and actually help me make PROGRESS! I am almost done with my first website and it is looking great. I highly recommend trying out Thrive Learning if you are looking for a company that will help you finally become financially stable.

Last edited by darthpwnage13 : 02-19-2009 at 01:47 PM.

Old 03-05-2009, 02:18 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Darthpwnage, you sound like an ex-employee that had a grudge and now are being threatened to say nice things about the company. The information you gave previously about the company is 100% accurate on what this company is like and only someone who used to work for them would know that much about them. I know because I used to work in the building by Thrive and that is exactly what they were, a bunch of college students who read off scripts.

Old 04-07-2009, 07:58 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyYuval View Post
Hi Everyone,
I was wondering if any of you have had any experience with this school. I have done my "due diligence" in research the best that I know how and I haven't come across anything bad. They are with the BBB and they are reporting 0 complaints in the last 36 months.

I just thought I would post in here to see if anyone knows anything more about this company and if they have been successful with it.

Thank you for your time.
Hello,
I have had some experience with Thrive, what a joke, they promised several things, none of them were true. After you get involved, if you fall for it, they claim that the sales team, that sold you the membership is not part of their company and they are not responsible for what ever they might have promised. They promised me that if I didn't make my money back in six months they would pay it all back. THEY LIED, they said they would get me exclusive imformation about marketing from ebay that they paid big bucks for, THEY LIED. They didn't explain that they were going to borrow all the money they could against my credit rating, no matter what and they were really only selling me a limited number of weeks of their so called "training" for that money. They are nothing more than a huge scam, don't go there, trust me. If you want more info, contact me, I will be glad to explain further.

Old 04-07-2009, 08:03 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joose09 View Post
Darthpwnage, you sound like an ex-employee that had a grudge and now are being threatened to say nice things about the company. The information you gave previously about the company is 100% accurate on what this company is like and only someone who used to work for them would know that much about them. I know because I used to work in the building by Thrive and that is exactly what they were, a bunch of college students who read off scripts.
Does anyone out there have any hard evidence we all can use to help get our money back from Thrive? Does anyone have recordings of the promises they made, does anyone have any hard copies of the money back promises they made. I have heard talk about a class action suit, Thrive ripped off a lot of people and we need to pool our resourses and take these guys to court. I'm so sick of seeing a bunch of crooks rip people off, we need to put a stop them, NOW. If anyone has anything please let me know, thanks.
J D nvestnu2002@yahoo.com

Old 04-07-2009, 08:10 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlyraven View Post
I know someone that works for a company that feeds Thrive it's clients. The reason there is a price difference is in the package they get. Some will just get the eBay package, and some will get all the bells and whistles. They give the people what they can afford, and it can be upgraded later. It seems to be a legitimate business. There are a lot of coaching programs out there - some are valid, some are not. This one appears to be valid.
This one is a scam, they lie through their teeth,,,WATCH OUT.