report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Mortgage Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2008, 01:17 PM
Newbie Member

CMS and Brad Daley

...anyone familiar with Brad Daley and Court Mediation Services...

It appears legit but I am doing my due diligence...the one report on RipoffReport.com has apparently been settled and the other one is spurious.

They claim to be able to not only get rid of your debt similar to bankruptcy but to clear your name within a year without a bankruptcy on your record.

Their website is www.debtrelief.com. Any info good or bad would be appreciated.

Old 07-30-2008, 06:06 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: CMS and Brad Daley

I'm in the same boat. I saw those comment too. What he is offering sounds so good..but i'm so skeptical. But i'm so desperate for a better life.. any information would help!

Old 07-31-2008, 03:16 AM
Diamond Member

Quote:
They claim to be able to not only get rid of your debt similar to bankruptcy but to clear your name within a year without a bankruptcy on your record.
Sounds too good to be true and probably is.

Old 07-31-2008, 04:31 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrybrown61 View Post

It appears legit but I am doing my due diligence...the one report on RipoffReport.com has apparently been settled and the other one is spurious.

That link does not go to Brad Daley or Court Mediation Services.

And CMS is a scam. I would caution against paying anything in advance for "services" of this kind. And there is no legitimate assumption of the debt on their part. Nor will their submission of new terms and conditions back through the credit card company via sending a check with a new agreement enclosed. They can't force a new agreement on the credit card company. It won't work any better than writing "payment in full" on your check.

You'll be out whatever you pay to CMS, your credit rating will be trashed and the creditors will ignore them and still come after you. And because CMS doesn't promise it will work in their agreement with you, you'll have no recourse.

The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
http://www.loansharks.blogspot.com

Old 07-31-2008, 05:02 PM
Banned

The WhoIs info has the same address as the website at debtrelief.com.
Quote:
William E. Brewer Jr., Attorney at Law
619 N PERSON ST
RALEIGH, NC 27604-1213
US
(919) 832-2288
A look-up using Whitepages.com gives 3 returns there.
Quote:
Brewer William E JR
work
619 N Person St
Raleigh, NC 27604-1213
(919) 832-2288
Job title: unavailable
Company: Brewer William E JR

The Bankruptcy Clinic
work
619 N Person St
Raleigh, NC 27604-1213
(919) 832-2288
Company: The Bankruptcy Clinic

Wright Victoria S Attorney
work
619 N Person St
Raleigh, NC 27604-1213
(919) 832-2288
Company: Wright Victoria S Attorney
There is also a BBB report for that address. But it says,
Quote:
Name: Brewer, William E. Jr Attorney At Law
Phone: (919) 832-2288
Address: 619 N Person St
Raleigh, NC 27604-1213
Original Business Start Date: July 1977
Principal: Mr. William E. Brewer, Owner
Customer Contact: Mr. William E. Brewer, Owner - (919) 832-2288
Employees: 7
TOB Classification: Lawyers
BBB Accreditation: This company is not a BBB Accredited business.

Additional DBA Names
Bankruptcy Clinic

Out of Business
According to information in the BBB files, it appears that the company is no longer in business. The phone numbers the BBB had for this company are disconnected, and directory assistance does not have a listing for this company. The BBB's mail to this company has been returned as undeliverable. If you have an unresolved dispute with this company you may wish to seek legal advice.

Last edited by nomaxim : 07-31-2008 at 05:05 PM.

Old 08-01-2008, 01:53 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I too have looked at this. Judge how do you know that this is not legitimate. Can you give a law that doesn't allow funds to be transferred or do you have any other knowledge of the services in question?

Old 08-02-2008, 04:22 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwill3 View Post
I too have looked at this. Judge how do you know that this is not legitimate....
Because they can't cite one single case where their presentment of the novation to the creditor has resulted in an elimination of the debt.

They'll give you all kinds of anecdotal mythology but conveniently they can never produce a case where they've prevailed in court.

A bankruptcy court would do more than just laugh at your attempt to assign the debt to this alleged "company."

Again, your credit score will be trashed and they won't be able to fix that for you any more than they will be able to represent you at trial if you let it get that far. Nothing they supposedly do will protect you from a collection suit and a potential resulting judgment.

The link the original poster put up was to a law firm that has nothing to do with the bogus debt elimination scheme being promoted by Daley.

Old 08-04-2008, 12:18 PM
Newbie Member

"Judge" Bean...

I looked at your blog...you have interesting reading on there.

I have delivered your comments to the rep I am talking to and asked her (again) to provide references of three individuals who've completed the process successfully.

The first time I asked her she made some excuse about having only been doing this about 6 months so none of her clients had finished the procedure.

I then asked if she could get me other clients of the company that had gone through this procedure with CMS and she said she'd see what she could do but that was a week ago and I haven't seen anything.

If she doesn't reply to me concerning your comments, I would venture to say you are correct.

BTW, obviously you are using a historical figure as your nom de plume, what are your credentials, Mr. Bean?

Old 08-04-2008, 12:22 PM
Newbie Member

...oh, one more thing...with the real estate crash and my getting caught in that and having over $200K in credit card debt, it's likely I'll be filing for bankruptcy anyway...

CMS wants $5k for their services, so I had initially figured my credit would be trashed either way, but only for a year under their system rather than 3-7 under a Chapter 11 bankruptcy.

Would there be, do you think, a greater negative if this didn't work than just going bankrupt?

Old 08-04-2008, 11:06 PM
Newbie Member

I'm in the same boat. Thinking it's too good to be true, yet after extensive research, the National BBB has no negative reports, but the Alabama Consumer Protection Agency/Attorney General has 4 complaints in the last 6 months, which they have not acted on or brought cause against CMS for that small number. It seems to be successful for now, but coming under scrutiny recently in a relatively small minority of people/customers. I researched this ALOT! And it does seem to be successful for now, but may come under fire, but for now seems to be working. Please let us put our heads together and help each other with scouring for information to help each other in advance.

I would think there would be at least some complaints with the nationwide BBB, even if they had intense suppression methods, those can not be removed by any threat, and there are none. 4 recent complaints with the A.G. in AL in the last 6 months.

Any contributions and relevant information are appreciated!

Old 08-05-2008, 01:01 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I have contacted the local BBB governing the district CMS is located in and they told me that CMS was in a satisfactory state. The website shows no rating which according to the BBB should read satisfactory (some type of software upgrade issue).

I asked CMS for specific case law that is mentioned in radio interview and was told there was none because no one has had a problem before. So, I clarified my question to CMS to provide me with case law that is governing the assignment of debt.

Old 08-05-2008, 10:02 PM
Newbie Member

I asked Joan Kearns, the rep from www.debtrelief.com for three people who've successfully completed this program...at this juncture I have gotten no response in the past two days from her and if they can't come up with references I would suspect this is a scam or will be soon.

They claim to have been doing this since 2002, so they should be able to get three people who would give them permission to allow me to talk to them.

I own a business, and if a major client wanted to talk to three of my clients I would certainly be able to come up with 10!

So, I will post an update either way within a week. Any lack of response will be telling. Wanting this to be true doesn't necessarily make something so.

Old 08-06-2008, 10:35 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:
I asked Joan Kearns, the rep from www.debtrelief.com for three people who've successfully completed this program...at this juncture I have gotten no response in the past two days from her and if they can't come up with references I would suspect this is a scam or will be soon.

They claim to have been doing this since 2002, so they should be able to get three people who would give them permission to allow me to talk to them.

I own a business, and if a major client wanted to talk to three of my clients I would certainly be able to come up with 10!

So, I will post an update either way within a week. Any lack of response will be telling. Wanting this to be true doesn't necessarily make something so.

I asked to speak with satisfied CMS clients also and they said they would get too many calls and didn't want to subject their customers to that. I would be willing to talk with other people like me if I had a good experience. The reps say they have brought in family members who were successful at this. There is still a remarkable lack of negative reoprts floating around. Even this post and this site will come up on Google. I don't hear any actual complaints, and they couldn't suppress the BBB or all the complaints if there were alot.

Please lets all keep digging! Thank you for the exchange of information.

Google Search Keywords: CMS, Court Mediation Services, Integrity Debt Relief, Brad Daley.

Anyone with any information or experience good or bad, please reply!

Old 08-06-2008, 12:46 PM
Newbie Member

BTW, I gave the wrong company name...the correct website is www.debtclear.com/programs.

My apologies to those of you who did research on www.debtrelief.com...

Old 08-06-2008, 04:08 PM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keventerprises View Post
I asked to speak with satisfied CMS clients also and they said they would get too many calls and didn't want to subject their customers to that. I would be willing to talk with other people like me if I had a good experience. The reps say they have brought in family members who were successful at this. There is still a remarkable lack of negative reoprts floating around. Even this post and this site will come up on Google. I don't hear any actual complaints, and they couldn't suppress the BBB or all the complaints if there were alot.

Please lets all keep digging! Thank you for the exchange of information.

Google Search Keywords: CMS, Court Mediation Services, Integrity Debt Relief, Brad Daley.

Anyone with any information or experience good or bad, please reply!
I agree...I did speak with Joan Kearns today and shared this blog with her...she said she had clients who are partially through the procedure who would be willing to speak with me...

So now I'm waiting for her to connect me with those people. Unfortunately I am still running into a wall finding anyone whose been through this program successfully and Joan says it's been working since its inception in 2000.

Do note that this is not DebtRelief.com but rather DebtClear.com, two entirely different entities.

Old 08-06-2008, 04:12 PM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Roy Bean View Post
That link does not go to Brad Daley or Court Mediation Services.

And CMS is a scam. I would caution against paying anything in advance for "services" of this kind. And there is no legitimate assumption of the debt on their part. Nor will their submission of new terms and conditions back through the credit card company via sending a check with a new agreement enclosed. They can't force a new agreement on the credit card company. It won't work any better than writing "payment in full" on your check.

You'll be out whatever you pay to CMS, your credit rating will be trashed and the creditors will ignore them and still come after you. And because CMS doesn't promise it will work in their agreement with you, you'll have no recourse.

Sorry, that was www.debtclear.com.

Old 08-06-2008, 04:13 PM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomaxim View Post
The WhoIs info has the same address as the website at debtrelief.com.A look-up using Whitepages.com gives 3 returns there.There is also a BBB report for that address. But it says,

Sorry, that was supposed to be www.debtclear.com.

Old 08-06-2008, 04:14 PM
Newbie Member

Quote:

Whoops! www.debtclear.com/programs is the correct site.