report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2008, 03:44 AM
I am new at Scam.com

http://www.ogpal.com is Scam ! alert.

hi !
i found this site http://www.ogpal.com is scam.
i has buy some items. and don't got anything.

Old 07-16-2008, 08:45 PM
Platinum Member

Re: http://www.ogpal.com is Scam ! alert.

What did you buy from them?

Old 10-11-2008, 03:13 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxnguyen View Post
hi !
wow it happened that i have bought from this site for over two years but always they offered excellent service for me
It could be happened that there is no stock as i know it has sooooooo many buyers but they will refund me if i cannot wait more. You havenot got nothing? I think it's impossible but i advise you to contact with their customer support. They are 24/7 service and always online. All the time the supporter reply you immediately and very nice

Old 03-15-2009, 07:59 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxnguyen View Post
hi !
It's strange what you said. I have been using their MAPLE STORY service for years and they seldom let me down. I am delivered usually in 30 minutes. Their delivery guys and live help are very nice. Of course sometimes they don't have enough stock. Their live help will ask me whether to wait or get refund. Usually the refund process takes 1-5 days. But you will get your refund finally. They never scam, I'm sure!

Old 06-29-2009, 07:45 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I have bought from ogpal twice before and it was good service, until the 3rd time. They outright asked for a copy of my drivers license and credit card for "verification"

Here is a log of the live chat. I censored some of the info for obvious reasons.

Quote:
Chat InformationPlease wait for a site operator to respond.

Chat InformationYou are now chatting with 'Angela'

Angela: Hi, welcome visit our site at www.OgPal.com

Angela: I am your customer support. How can I help you today?

MS-129866-ce: Hi I would like to verify my purchase and have it delivered asap

Angela: May I please have your invoice/order ID and in game character name?

MS-129866-ce: MS-129866-ce

MS-129866-ce: *******

Angela: Please hold one moment I am checking your order.

MS-129866-ce: And the server should have been changed to ***********

Angela: I will change it

Angela: but we need you verify this order now

MS-129866-ce: ok

MS-129866-ce: what do you need?

Angela: May I know your age and real name?

MS-129866-ce: ******

MS-129866-ce: **********

Angela: whose card did you use to pay us ?

MS-129866-ce: my own

Angela: what kind of card ?

MS-129866-ce: visa

Angela: how do you find our website ?

MS-129866-ce: google

Angela: we need you send us your copy of credit card and ID card to verify this order now

Angela: coz this order is not a small one

Angela: we need to protect our customer's card not to get misused

MS-129866-ce: i dont exactly feel confortable doing that

MS-129866-ce: is there another way to verify

Angela: except this , you can change another payment way like western union or cashu

MS-129866-ce: no that wont happen, takes too long

MS-129866-ce: anf i do not have a scanner of any sort so i am unable to send you any photo of anything

Angela: if so , we can't deliver this order for you

MS-129866-ce: why exactly would you need a copy of the card

MS-129866-ce: understand my skeptisizm in this

MS-129866-ce: paypal already verified the fundz why would you need to verify it again?

MS-129866-ce: now i have order with your website before but this is starting to sound fraudulent on your part

Angela: don't worry

Angela: we won't disclose any your information without your permission\

Angela: it is very easy

MS-129866-ce: no look

MS-129866-ce: i have purchased things online before

MS-129866-ce: and never once has anyone ever asked for a copy of the card

MS-129866-ce: so understand that sounds EXTREAMLY flakey

Angela: match your information with your order here

Angela: for your ID card , we don't need that numbers, only your name, address, age

MS-129866-ce: (i gave her my address no harm there)

Angela: no

Angela: we don't need it her

Angela: here

Angela: here

Angela: we need your copy of credit card and ID card

MS-129866-ce: look i verified the information you need?

Angela: we just want to prove that you are the real buyer

MS-129866-ce: IM NOT SENDING YOU A COPY OF MY CREDIT CARD!

Angela: if you can't send us , we will refund this order for you

Angela: ok

Angela: thanks a lot

MS-129866-ce: thats flakey and fraudulent!

Angela: please wait for your re******* within 48 hours

Angela: have a nice day

MS-129866-ce: look angela

MS-129866-ce: tell you what

MS-129866-ce: you still there?

Angela: yes, I am here

MS-129866-ce: ok how bout this

MS-129866-ce: i dont post this entire flakey convorsation online

MS-129866-ce: and you go ahead and move this order along

MS-129866-ce: becuase I GURANTEE

Angela: gurantee for what ?

MS-129866-ce: no one will want to do business with ogpal if they see you outright ask for peoples credit card numbers

MS-129866-ce: that is horrable business

MS-129866-ce: and extreamly fraudulent looking

MS-129866-ce: you NEVER ask for someones credit card number

MS-129866-ce: EVER

Angela: oh, if so, we can refund this order for you

Angela: thanks for your time

Angela: if you don't want to send us yoru copy

Angela: we need you change your payment way

Angela: we can't give you any order

Angela: this is our company rule we must obey

I can see asking for a name and address, or maybe the ast 4 didgets of the CC number. But a photocopy of the entire card!? Yeah NO thats a scam.

Old 06-30-2009, 10:03 AM
Newbie Member

Same, I have bought from them twice. First time i got the run around because they were out of stock however still got what i paid for. the 2nd time worked out fine.
3) Contact Better Business Bureau
4) Contact the Internet hosting company of the website. (Whois Look up)
5) Write to the Federal Trade Commission: spam(at)uce.gov or file a complant here.
6) Contact State Attorney General

Old 07-19-2009, 07:28 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummby8 View Post
I have bought from ogpal twice before and it was good service, until the 3rd time. They outright asked for a copy of my drivers license and credit card for "verification"

Here is a log of the live chat. I censored some of the info for obvious reasons.

I can see asking for a name and address, or maybe the ast 4 didgets of the CC number. But a photocopy of the entire card!? Yeah NO thats a scam.
. Verification is also a part of their work. For verified customers, their customer service won't ask you so many questions. If you use an unverified PayPal and your order history is not very long, you wont have good credit in their systems and their live help will ask for your help to verify your order in case of someone's card being misused, espeically when the buyer's name is different from the payer's name. And other sites also have such verification regulations. Anyway, if you are not satisfied with the customer service agent, you can ask to talk to their manager, and he will help you out. OgPal is perfect indeed!

Old 08-05-2010, 12:12 AM
I am new at Scam.com

http://www.ogpal.com is not a Scam Scammer will try to get your bank information to take your money out, Scammer will send you fish link to hack your computer. But ogpal got none of them^^ I bought from them always. Yeah, sometime they may dealy your mesos delivery, sometime they may make some mistake, sometime they may "cheat" you they have mesos in fact they haven't But at last they will do a reasonable solution: 1. If they cheated me, they will give me more mesos while they can deliver:) But they are not always do it. Just because sometimes they sold out. 2. If they really can not deliver the mesos on time, they will give options to choose, waiting or refund:) I always choose waiting, cause i trust them and i can get bonus:)

I support OgPal.com they are nice!

Old 08-16-2010, 04:09 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Theys Dont Scam i had to verify my account too and it still fine NO PROBLEM THERE ! GOGO OGPAL!

Old 10-18-2010, 10:53 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummby8 View Post

alrighty first of all the site isnt a scam they provide amazing customer service ive worked with them on diffrent games some orders processed slower than others depending on the game guildwars for example does seem a little odd but when u think about it its actually the way most people should do it

but regardless i can understand why u think giving out credit card info seems fraudulent and i agree i had a similar convo with them but unlike u i didnt rage on them like a 12 year old i kept the convo calm n they gave in n jus asked to see me through webcam on msn n it all worked out its probably cause u freaked out n raged on them that 1 they didnt like u and 2 as one who works in retail business guys who use stolen credit cards will tend to freak out on you when u ask for a id jus saying that i think u should stay on ur meds for a while ;P

Old 06-19-2011, 09:28 PM
I am new at Scam.com

i had a similar thing happen except 3 things to add 1. they requested photocopy of the first 2 digits of my cvc number...and u dont give ur cvc no matter what..its not used in any verification except to let the bank kno the purchase is legit
2. they requested i let them charge an extra 70 some dollars to make it an even 500 dollars as something to prove i had the money there and i havent recieved a refund yet and its been over the 10 day period they said it was going to be...like over 3 months...
and finally a so called jagex maitnence was on the account i used to get the 500m while i was on another account and when i was able to recover bc my password was changed (i recovered it like 30 minutes later) everything on me and in my bank was gone...even the 1 gp pots u put flour in was gone and my bank pin was deleted and i contacted jagex personally and through many mods and jagex knew nothing about being on my account.
long story short ogpal isnt just scammers...they will hack ur account after they gain ur trust as a long standing custemer

Old 06-28-2011, 09:47 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by torenel View Post
i had a similar thing happen except 3 things to add 1. they requested photocopy of the first 2 digits of my cvc number...and u dont give ur cvc no matter what..its not used in any verification except to let the bank kno the purchase is legit
2. they requested i let them charge an extra 70 some dollars to make it an even 500 dollars as something to prove i had the money there and i havent recieved a refund yet and its been over the 10 day period they said it was going to be...like over 3 months...
and finally a so called jagex maitnence was on the account i used to get the 500m while i was on another account and when i was able to recover bc my password was changed (i recovered it like 30 minutes later) everything on me and in my bank was gone...even the 1 gp pots u put flour in was gone and my bank pin was deleted and i contacted jagex personally and through many mods and jagex knew nothing about being on my account.
long story short ogpal isnt just scammers...they will hack ur account after they gain ur trust as a long standing custemer

I donít know whether trading virtual gold online for real cash is legit or not. But I do know that ogpal will not scam. I have been traded with ogpal since 2007 and spent a lot of money for runescape gold, powerleveling services etc. They asked me to send my copy of cc to avoid some one used my cc without permission, but only to show the last four digits of my credit card copy. At first, I felt a little uncomfortable to give my private information out, but since only show the last four digits of my cc, I thought thatís totally acceptable.
In your case, the gold you got from ogpal was gone and some information of your account has been changed or deleted. If you just ordered gold from ogpal, they canít access to your account, since they donít have your password, pin etc. if you ordered powerleveling, they would change your password for the time being, after they finished the powerleveling, the password will be changed back to original one and the customer service will remind you to change to new password.
I am sorry for what happened to you, I have been playing runescape for years and I know I would be pissed off as well if I encountered those bad things. But I suggest you to try to remember if some one (like your friends or others) used your account, or have your account been hacked? Things happen and as a loyal customer of ogpal, I think you can contact them to figure things out.

Old 09-20-2011, 03:16 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I have been buying from them once a week for maplestory. Every single time I order though they do their math incorrectly and short you some mesos. Today I made a huge order and bought 2 billion mesos. When you trade mesos in maplestory, maplestory taxes it to keep the currency down and to help discourage people from buying/selling. Anyway I can say they do provide, but they are horrible with math. The guy traded me up to 1.8 billion mesos then asked if I had it all. I told him no and also told him how they are always short when they do it. In my other orders I was only getting 100 million here and there so I was only shorted around 7-10 million, but with the 2 billion order I was shorted 100 million. I even asked if he would take a screenshot that I took and of course he believes he was right and that they don't make mistakes. He seemed as though he couldn't speak good english either. So my advice to people that buy for maplestory is to just deal with getting shorted, becuase they don't really give a crap if you got it all or not. Even if they are 1 meso off, you won't get another one from them.

I will say this though, OgPal is one of the only places (For maplestory anyway) that allows Google Checkout. I think google checkout is WAY better than paypal. It's very fast, and the guy at ogpal contacts you just as soon as your money gets in their pocket so you don't have to hover around their live chat like you do on other sites.

OgPal if your reading this, fix your MATH for Maplestory. Becuase of that incident and your failure to show that you care. My 20$-50$ a week is going to another website, to someone else that makes a poor living selling virtual currency but actually cares for their customers!

Last edited by Exidium : 09-20-2011 at 03:25 PM.

Old 09-26-2011, 07:10 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exidium View Post
I have been buying from them once a week for maplestory. Every single time I order though they do their math incorrectly and short you some mesos. Today I made a huge order and bought 2 billion mesos. When you trade mesos in maplestory, maplestory taxes it to keep the currency down and to help discourage people from buying/selling. Anyway I can say they do provide, but they are horrible with math. The guy traded me up to 1.8 billion mesos then asked if I had it all. I told him no and also told him how they are always short when they do it. In my other orders I was only getting 100 million here and there so I was only shorted around 7-10 million, but with the 2 billion order I was shorted 100 million. I even asked if he would take a screenshot that I took and of course he believes he was right and that they don't make mistakes. He seemed as though he couldn't speak good english either. So my advice to people that buy for maplestory is to just deal with getting shorted, becuase they don't really give a crap if you got it all or not. Even if they are 1 meso off, you won't get another one from them.

I will say this though, OgPal is one of the only places (For maplestory anyway) that allows Google Checkout. I think google checkout is WAY better than paypal. It's very fast, and the guy at ogpal contacts you just as soon as your money gets in their pocket so you don't have to hover around their live chat like you do on other sites.

OgPal if your reading this, fix your MATH for Maplestory. Becuase of that incident and your failure to show that you care. My 20$-50$ a week is going to another website, to someone else that makes a poor living selling virtual currency but actually cares for their customers!
I have dealt with ogpalcom before and they often can deliver what i ordered quickly. But sometimes, they might be too busy to deliver items accurately. I suggest you try to contact their live help, since you have traded with them and they accept the payment way you like, they deserve another chance to win you back.