report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Retail Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-14-2008, 08:20 PM
Chrissiann Chrissiann is offline
Newbie Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 19
Caracol Cream scam

Caracol cream is a fraud and a scam.
If you go to the Caracol Cream website www.caracol-cream.com,
you are greeted by a fictitious character “Pam Estel” who is the website claims is a “Dermatology Expert and Anti-Aging Guru.” But upon researching this lady, I discover she does not exist. The only place I can find her is on the Caracol cream website. If she truly were a dermatology expert or anti-aging guru, there would be a plethora of information based on her dermatological knowledge, but there is nothing else out there on her except this website. She is obviously a model of a middle age who was hired for this purpose.

And whenever you visit this website, it will say that they have a special offer that will end at “11:59 pm (today’s date).” No matter what day you visit, THAT day is the day the offer will end, and they only give you a few minutes to order, or else you will supposedly miss out on the great deal. This is a ploy to get the consumer to feel pressure to purchase quickly before they lose the “deal,” not giving the consumer enough time to research.

If you attempt to research information on Caracol cream, they have a clever new “organization” they created to lead unsuspecting customers back to them. The Caracol cream group has created a commercial website for the fictitious “American Anti-Aging Association.” This group claims to be a “non profit organization” for the consumer, yet their website suspiciously ends in .com, which is a flat giveaway that this is a commercial website. (the .com stands for “commercial.)

A real organization will end in .org This fake website is clever in that it mimics the true organization of the real American Aging Association. The real group organization website is .www.americanaging.org

The fake website is http://www.americanantiagingassociation.com

The fake website is rather humorous. If you click on the link, it features a building that obviously has typed text superimposed on the building that says “American Anti-Aging Association.”

On this website, there are also errors in grammar, syntax and punctuation in addition to use of colloquialisms, which is a hallmark of scammers. Furthermore, if you go to their “history” section, they actually misspelled the word “history” to “histroy.” Such blatant errors should be a red flag to any consumer. Legitimate websites hire editors to ensure professional quality of their sites.

They also boast that they have a Dr. Yangoff who has been a “highly respected and decorated dermatologist” on their team for 30 years. However, notice they do not bother to mention a first name of this “doctor.” And upon searching for this Dr. Yangoff, you can not find ANY information on him/her. The only information you can pull up about this character is on this website.

If there is a Dr. Yangoff who is that highly respected and decorated for over 30 years, his/her name would appear in many publications and have many references and citations, and not be only on a counterfeit “AmericanAntiAging Association” website.

Additionally, this website says their studies are “highly regarded for years” but they offer no panels who have stated this information.

Bottom Line: The “American Anti-aging Association” is merely a made-up commercial website linked to Caracol cream to mislead the unsuspecting buyer back to the Caracol site, and is not a legitimate organization. Caracol cream is an unethical site, not only for creating a fictitious “organization” to make unsubstantiated claims, but also for creating fictitious characters such as “Dr. Yangoff” and “Pam Estel” who also make uncorroborated assertions. Buyer Beware…


Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old 07-28-2008, 02:55 PM
Itty Betty Itty Betty is offline
I am new at Scam.com
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1
Re: Caracol Cream scam

I don't think Caracol Cream is a scam at all! I have ordered from them many times over the past 6+ months and every time I deal with them and their customer support team they are extremely helpful. I know for a fact they have their warehouse in California as that is where they ship my product out of, now how can a company with such a wonderful product be a scam? It seems to me you have some sort of personal issue with this company and that you should deal with them directly before turning everyone off this product. I know if I would have read this before ordering my first time I don't know if i would have ordered...GOOD THING I DID ORDER THOUGH



Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old 07-30-2008, 10:47 AM
badbox badbox is offline
I am new at Scam.com
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1
Re: Caracol Cream scam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itty Betty View Post
I don't think Caracol Cream is a scam at all! I have ordered from them many times over the past 6+ months and every time I deal with them and their customer support team they are extremely helpful. I know for a fact they have their warehouse in California as that is where they ship my product out of, now how can a company with such a wonderful product be a scam? It seems to me you have some sort of personal issue with this company and that you should deal with them directly before turning everyone off this product. I know if I would have read this before ordering my first time I don't know if i would have ordered...GOOD THING I DID ORDER THOUGH
I don't know whether the cream works or not, but the site is an utter fabrication. Any company that would fake a research institute, online voting, etc. is crap in my opinion.

Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old 08-03-2008, 11:53 PM
Chrissiann Chrissiann is offline
Newbie Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 19
Re: Caracol Cream scam

Dear Betty,
did you not read what i wrote??
I thoroughly check out any online company before I purchase a product. You should be grateful I share my results for you.
Please, do not take my word for it. research it yourself. Yes, I have personal issue with ANY company that scams innocent victims. I also belong to one of the medical institutions that Caracol website quotes as promoting their product, which is yet another fabrication on Caracols' part. I have alerted the proper authorities and the matter has been assumed by the General Counsel.
Do you work for Caracol Cream by any chance??

[quote=Itty Betty;546463]I don't think Caracol Cream is a scam at all! I have ordered from them many times over the past 6+ months ...

Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old 08-04-2008, 12:03 AM
Chrissiann Chrissiann is offline
Newbie Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 19
Re: Caracol Cream scam

Dear Betty,
I am really wondering if you do work for Caracol Cream. I got an email in my inbox that you replied to my comment (praising Caracol), so i decide to check the American Anti-Aging association website, and lo and behold, you, er, they changed the picture of the building and corrected the mispelling of "History."
Also, if you go to the link of the fake AAA,
http://www.americanantiagingassociation.com/index.html
at the bottom there is a place where you can supposedly submit a comment. but when you try to submit, it won't submit. I try this on several different computers, of different makes and models, and i can NEVER submit. Maybe you can fix this as well. Hmmm?
The only "submissions" are all glowing.
Just come clean already, OK?
[quote=Itty Betty;546463]I don't think Caracol Cream is a scam at all! I have ordered from them many times over the past 6+ months ...

Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old 08-09-2008, 12:46 PM
smartguy01 smartguy01 is offline
I am new at Scam.com
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1
Re: Caracol Cream scam

I was refered to Caracol Creams website after doing some online research on facial skin care. The website I initially looked at that referred I believe was called the American Anti-Aging Association (mentioned above & also believe to be a bogus front for Caracol). They claim to be an indepent set of Dermatologists who have become fed up with all the hype & false claims about skincare products (non profit) and stated the winner of their most recent tests was Caracol Cream. So I went to their website an took a look. It appeared to be an acredited site stating "as seen on CNN, Today Show"..etc. So I ordred their 14 day free trial. They didn't tell me that I was signing up for monthly shipments (automatically auto debited from my credit card) upfront. This came in the confirmation receipt after the order went through. So I immediately called their 888 customer service number to immediately cancell (their "No Hassels Cancellation policy") only to get greeted by a very young lady who told me she was only a sales rep & could only take my name and number and have some call me back 1st thing in the am. I recieved no calls and I then received an e-mail the next morning stating:Caracol Cream- Do Not ship has been shipped

The e-mail said sorry but the order has allready been shipped. I doubt that I will be able to return the product within the 14 day's and get a full $59.99 refund either.

Buyers Beware !!


Last edited by smartguy01 : 08-09-2008 at 01:06 PM.
Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old 08-11-2008, 05:08 PM
Chrissiann Chrissiann is offline
Newbie Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 19
Re: Caracol Cream scam

I am really sorry they got to you already. I am sure there are countless people who have been scammed by these people.

I too was searching for good face cream, and this Caracol Cream site seemed too good to be true... but there was something very fishy.

First, they put a little too much pressure to buy quickly (running out of jars! Only a few minutes left!). They wanted me to buy that day because the free offer was expiring that day. So i decided to wait, and every day I'd log on was the day it was going to expire.

Also, they claim this is America's fastest selling cream, yet i have never heard praises from anyone except Caracol site and their other site they created, the Am Anti-Aging Assoc.

Also, their before and after pics are just a little bit too unreal. There is NO cream on earth that will give a full face lift.

I did not trust them, so i researched them to the hilt and found that both of their sites (Caracol Cream) and (American Anti-aging Assoc) are utter fabrications with made-up "experts" that do not exist anywhere except on these sites.

Caracol Cream is not the only scammer of face cream, and I ask anyone who orders online to PLEASE research anyone before they buy. Check with the BBB; check online (google anything you can from what they claim); check to see if the "doctor" exists, or the "expert" exists; check to see if the clinic exists. (One thing to be careful of is when they claim that others endorse them: Ex if they say "CNN" or "Yahoo" endorses them, may not be true. I am with one of the medical institutions they claim that endorses their product, and we do NOT! I was very upset to see this and have forwarded this matter over to our legal department.)

Scammers are parasites that prey on unsuspecting people whenever they know there is a demand. With baby-boomers getting older, there is a desire to have a non-surgical "miracle cream," and these fakers are popping up all over the place.

Please beware before you give your credit card or debit card number to anyone! We cannot trust just because a company is online.
**
I was refered to Caracol Creams website after doing some online research on facial skin care. The website I initially looked at that referred I believe was called the American Anti-Aging Association (mentioned above & also believe to be a bogus front for Caracol). ....

Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old 08-22-2008, 01:02 PM
Chrissiann Chrissiann is offline
Newbie Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 19
Re: Caracol Cream scam -- Update

I am keeping tabs on these Caracol cream people. I have noticed that they "update" the dates on their link praising their products. when i checked them in July the "praising" comments were all dated in July (I have the saved printed page from last month). Now that we are in August 2008, I notice the same exact comments as before, but now they are all dated as if they were posted in August. Caracol cream updates their Am Anti-Age Assn page every month to ensure that unsuspecting customers think these are real customers posting and that the posts are recent, but these are the same exact posts Caracol faked before, only they update the dates to keep them current.
Click here to see updated fake posts praising the product. Also try to submit a post and see it is not really set up to submit. It is only there to make you think it is a real online submission page. http://www.americanantiagingassociation.com/

Also, please beware of another scam that is put on by the same people who scam you for Caracol Cream. They have also fabricated a website for weight-loss tea,
http://www.wu-yisource.com/indexFTCB.php
Caracol cream scammers are using the same exact tactics on this fake tea website as they use on their Caracol website and they have already taken a few suckers. (Please do the research and see it for yourself.)

Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old 09-01-2008, 09:20 PM
Amathena Amathena is offline
I am new at Scam.com
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1
Re: Caracol Cream scam

You have to wonder about the Chilean Mountain snail extract, too. I couldn't find much info on the internet either. Mostly just the Caracol Cream website. I even tried searching for articles about it on USAToday.com and CNN.com and only found web search results. With the limited supply and short deadline for the free trial offer throwing up red flags in my mind, I thought it sounded too good to be true! I won't be ordering from them.

Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old 09-14-2008, 07:46 PM
PK83 PK83 is offline
I am new at Scam.com
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 1
Re: Caracol Cream scam

Caracol Cream has been the worst online purchasing experience I have ever had - they falsely dupe you into signing for a "free 14 day trial" which (without you knowing) locks you into monthly $60 shipments of the cream (which is similar to sorbolene cream and the worst moisturiser i've ever put on my skin). It is very hard to cancel your order - the "customer support" they provide is shocking and the whole company (and their sales/scamming technique is disgraceful). Honest, hard-working, innocent people are being conned into purchasing this product all over the world. Everyone should know not to go near this website and do not purchase/trial this product.

Reply With Quote

  #11  
Old 09-15-2008, 04:57 PM
Chrissiann Chrissiann is offline
Newbie Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 19
Re: Caracol Cream scam

Update: The "American Anti-Aging Assn" has updated themselves again! they are keeping up with my posts, i see. :)
Now they have decided to alter their site from what it was previously, (but psst fake AAA, your new site is still riddled with errors in grammar, syntax and punctuation. I was previously an editor, and I spot these errors very quickly. You should hire someone to look your site over because you really want to look professional, scammer or not.)
Now they decided to add a few more products to their site so as not to blatantly look like they only endorse Caracol Cream, though they still put CC as #1 again. Also, the site is now written from an individual perspective, though it started out as an "association" previously. But who is this individual, I ask? S/he gives no indication. Also, they finally removed the fake online submission.




http://www.americanantiagingassociation.com/

Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old 09-18-2008, 01:21 AM
Shirley T. Shirley T. is offline
I am new at Scam.com
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1
Re: Caracol Cream scam

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK83 View Post
Caracol Cream has been the worst online purchasing experience I have ever had - they falsely dupe you into signing for a "free 14 day trial" which (without you knowing) locks you into monthly $60 shipments of the cream (which is similar to sorbolene cream and the worst moisturiser i've ever put on my skin). It is very hard to cancel your order - the "customer support" they provide is shocking and the whole company (and their sales/scamming technique is disgraceful). Honest, hard-working, innocent people are being conned into purchasing this product all over the world. Everyone should know not to go near this website and do not purchase/trial this product.

I have fallen for Caracol's free trial offer even though red flags were going up. I immediately was sent an email from this company confirming my order and I replied back asking them to cancel my order immediately or I would report them to the Attorney General of the state of Arizona. What else can I do to stop this fraud? I am a senior citizen on S.S. and I don't need this hassel.

Reply With Quote

  #13  
Old 09-18-2008, 12:35 PM
kassyjo kassyjo is offline
I am new at Scam.com
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1
Re: Caracol Cream scam

Thanks so much!!!!!!!! for having a link on google for your website relating to Caracol Cream!!!!!!! I almost feel for it !!! and decided to do some research first!!!! Buyer beware!!!

Kassyjo--North Carolina

Reply With Quote

  #14  
Old 09-22-2008, 05:40 PM
Chrissiann Chrissiann is offline
Newbie Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 19
Re: Caracol Cream scam

Dear Kassyjo,
You are so welcome!! :)
I am happy that i prevented someone from falling into this pit. So many people have been scammed it is disgraceful. The best bet is to please, no matter what the product it, check it out first. Even just googling "scams" and "(name of company)" could help out some. In the case of Caracol Cream, you can pull up a lot of information on how much they have scammed others.
I will soon be posting warnings on another scammer out there: a company that offers to help you avoid foreclosure on your house, then takes the deed of your home. Human parasites know no end... whenever there is a dire situation, they pop up to suck the blood of the downtrodden. It is despicable that some people have no souls...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kassyjo View Post
Thanks so much!!!!!!!! for having a link on google for your website relating to Caracol Cream!!!!!!! I almost feel for it !!! and decided to do some research first!!!! Buyer beware!!!Kassyjo--North Carolina

Reply With Quote

  #15  
Old 10-19-2008, 09:30 PM
elmgroves elmgroves is offline
I am new at Scam.com
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1
Re: Caracol Cream scam

I bought the trial sample, with was a bigger jar then expected, and it works.
My package came in fast, i been using it. It dont leave a grease feeling on your skin., which is a plus for me because I have acne, "blackheads" bad, so you can still use your day cream with it as well.
I been using my proactive under the Caracol Cream to control my blackheads and now, my blackheads are disappearing, beacause the cream is shrinking my pores, clearing my complextion, it is amazing. I love it. I am almost blackhead free now.
I never believed it was going to work.
I been using proactive for a long time and it never did that alone.
I've only been using it for a week now.
Its hard to believe after all this time I found something that works. I have some many bottles of different creams, its redicules.
I will continue using after I use up my sample. I'm a believer now, I'm hooked.

Reply With Quote

  #16  
Old 10-22-2008, 07:22 PM
SpcZil SpcZil is offline
I am new at Scam.com
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1
Re: Caracol Cream scam

I had a HUGE problem with the Caracol Cream company. I didn't realize when I was signing up that it was going to set me up for monthly deductions. The instant I saw that it was a montly program, (about 2 seconds after I agreed to do the trial offer,) I cancelled.

First, contacted one of their online operators. I cancelled with her. To make sure it was done, (because at this point, it felt a little fishy,) I called as well. Both the online operator and the phone operator told me I was cancelled, no $4.95 trial was going to be processed.

Just to be safe, I e-mailed them, too. No sense leaving any stones unturned.

The next day $4.95 was taken from my account.

To make a long story short, they sent the stuff I'd cancelled, (which I refused once it arrived,) gave me nothing but form letters in reply to my cancellation requests, and even had the audacity to try and bill me for another shipment after the trial--which I'd refused--had made it back to the company!

Fortunately, I had the foresight to let my credit card company know they were scammers. Who knows how much longer they'd have gone on if they were still getting my money?

Reply With Quote

  #17  
Old 12-04-2008, 09:35 AM
JM1 JM1 is offline
I am new at Scam.com
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2
Re: Caracol Cream scam

I had ordered Caracol Cream about 3 weeks ago and had gotten my shipment within a timely matter. Unfortunately I did not see results in time with my skin to be completely satisfied with this cream (maybe I should give up in fighting my wrinkles). I had called their number as I was unsure how a livechat system works and they had given me complete return instructions for the cream and my money back. Their people were helpful I just wish thier product could have worked better for me. Overall I didn't believe they scamed me but will watch out for other companies if i decide to try another wrinkle cream.

Reply With Quote

  #18  
Old 12-16-2008, 08:52 AM
joblessmomhouston joblessmomhouston is offline
I am new at Scam.com
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2
Re: Caracol Cream scam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissiann View Post
Caracol cream is a fraud and a scam.
If you go to the Caracol Cream website www.caracol-cream.com,
you are greeted by a fictitious character “Pam Estel” who is the website claims is a “Dermatology Expert and Anti-Aging Guru.” But upon researching this lady, I discover she does not exist. The only place I can find her is on the Caracol cream website. If she truly were a dermatology expert or anti-aging guru, there would be a plethora of information based on her dermatological knowledge, but there is nothing else out there on her except this website. She is obviously a model of a middle age who was hired for this purpose.

And whenever you visit this website, it will say that they have a special offer that will end at “11:59 pm (today’s date).” No matter what day you visit, THAT day is the day the offer will end, and they only give you a few minutes to order, or else you will supposedly miss out on the great deal. This is a ploy to get the consumer to feel pressure to purchase quickly before they lose the “deal,” not giving the consumer enough time to research.

If you attempt to research information on Caracol cream, they have a clever new “organization” they created to lead unsuspecting customers back to them. The Caracol cream group has created a commercial website for the fictitious “American Anti-Aging Association.” This group claims to be a “non profit organization” for the consumer, yet their website suspiciously ends in .com, which is a flat giveaway that this is a commercial website. (the .com stands for “commercial.)

A real organization will end in .org This fake website is clever in that it mimics the true organization of the real American Aging Association. The real group organization website is .www.americanaging.org

The fake website is http://www.americanantiagingassociation.com

The fake website is rather humorous. If you click on the link, it features a building that obviously has typed text superimposed on the building that says “American Anti-Aging Association.”

On this website, there are also errors in grammar, syntax and punctuation in addition to use of colloquialisms, which is a hallmark of scammers. Furthermore, if you go to their “history” section, they actually misspelled the word “history” to “histroy.” Such blatant errors should be a red flag to any consumer. Legitimate websites hire editors to ensure professional quality of their sites.

They also boast that they have a Dr. Yangoff who has been a “highly respected and decorated dermatologist” on their team for 30 years. However, notice they do not bother to mention a first name of this “doctor.” And upon searching for this Dr. Yangoff, you can not find ANY information on him/her. The only information you can pull up about this character is on this website.

If there is a Dr. Yangoff who is that highly respected and decorated for over 30 years, his/her name would appear in many publications and have many references and citations, and not be only on a counterfeit “AmericanAntiAging Association” website.

Additionally, this website says their studies are “highly regarded for years” but they offer no panels who have stated this information.

Bottom Line: The “American Anti-aging Association” is merely a made-up commercial website linked to Caracol cream to mislead the unsuspecting buyer back to the Caracol site, and is not a legitimate organization. Caracol cream is an unethical site, not only for creating a fictitious “organization” to make unsubstantiated claims, but also for creating fictitious characters such as “Dr. Yangoff” and “Pam Estel” who also make uncorroborated assertions. Buyer Beware…
I am a single parent living in the Houston area. I have not been able to live in my home since September 08 due to damage incurred by Hurricane Ike. To make matters worse I was laid off from my job in November. As soon as I found out I'd been laid off, I called the Caracol Cream phone number listed on my bank statement debit to cancel the membership. I was told on Nov. 1 that it was cancelled and I was no longer obligated to having my account debitted each month. Guess what? Mid November I was charged again and did not even receive the product! I called back and was told that there must have been a mixup and that it would not happen again. Guess what? Caracol wanted to wish me a Merry Christmas on December 12th by charging my account again! I told them my financial plight again and that my checking account was now in the negative due to lack of employment and unemployment compensation only goes so far! Basically I only had 20.00 in that account for gas and they took it! A girl named "Crystal" told me that I had to email her dept manager and tell him what was going on dwells@caracol-cream.com. No phone number for him just his email address! Now I have to call my bank and cancel a debit card number I've had for 5 years and also call my creditors with new account information! So we have thousands of people out there with no job and people at this company making money dishonestly! I think I'd rather collect my unemployment than manipulate money out of honest peoples checking accounts! This is truly a SCAM!!!!! Trust me! Michelle


Reply With Quote

Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RE:HYDROXATONE under eye cream desertratlou37 Business Scams 1 02-07-2011 11:46 AM
repcillin eczema cream african cures- a scam? scammed_suffering Retail Scams 2 11-08-2010 08:31 AM
~~** Scar cream?**~~ ladyemily Chat Here 4 06-21-2006 06:38 AM

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump




This site may contain advice, opinions and statements of various information providers. Scam.com does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information provided by any information provider, any User of this Site or any other person or entity. Reliance upon any such advice, opinion, statement, or other information shall also be at the User’s own risk. Neither Scam.com nor its affiliates, nor any of their respective agents, employees, information providers or content providers, shall be liable to any User or anyone else for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, alteration of or use of any content herein, or for its timeliness or completeness, nor shall they be liable for any failure of performance, computer virus or communication line failure, regardless of cause, or for any damages resulting therefrom. Just because a business, person, or entity is listed on scam.com does not necessarily constitute they are scammers. This is a free open forum where people can debate the merits from the consumer's or business owner's perspective. Registration and participation is always FREE.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:54 AM.




Scam.com Is Proudly Hosted By Rackco and Protected By CloudFlare


Scams Message Board - Copyright 2004-2013 Scam.com , All Rights Reserved.