report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Retail Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2008, 03:49 PM
Newbie Member

Ticketmaster is a scam

Beware of buying anything through Ticketmaster!!!
I tried to order two Broadway tickets as a gift for some friends, but then the guy in the phone told me that only I (the person paying with his card) could pick up the tickets, so I told him to cancel the transaction, to which he agreed.
However, a few weeks later I see they billed my credit card with the full amount for these tickets. I tried to contact them to solve the issue, but they refused to return the money, calling on their "no refund" policy, no matter how much I insisted that I never ordered these tickets.
This company is a total scam, no matter how big and almighty they are they still rip off people whenever they have a chance.

Old 07-13-2008, 11:05 PM
Gold Member

Re: Ticketmaster is a scam

Just because they have no refund policy doesnt make it a scam. But I unfortunatly understand you frustration of the pick up. My mother - in law bought us tickets to a show and we almost missed it cause they didnt tell us til we went to pick them up.

Old 07-14-2008, 12:45 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy12982 View Post
Just because they have no refund policy doesnt make it a scam. But I unfortunatly understand you frustration of the pick up. My mother - in law bought us tickets to a show and we almost missed it cause they didnt tell us til we went to pick them up.
I wasn't asking for a refund, I never actually wanted the tickets in the first place. I only gave them my CC number because the guy told me he would send me a confirmation to my email which i could then print out and give it to my friends. Later it turned out theat this wasn't possible with an international (non US) credit card.
So yes, it is a scam.

Old 07-14-2008, 01:05 AM
Banned

Sorry to hear this story we all thought Ticketmaster was legit...did you contact your credit card company? What did they say...next step...contact the local Better Business Bureau...if they ask tell them AXJ sent you...you'll get your money back...tell Ticketmaster AXJ sent you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyteleco View Post
Beware of buying anything through Ticketmaster!!!
I tried to order two Broadway tickets as a gift for some friends, but then the guy in the phone told me that only I (the person paying with his card) could pick up the tickets, so I told him to cancel the transaction, to which he agreed.
However, a few weeks later I see they billed my credit card with the full amount for these tickets. I tried to contact them to solve the issue, but they refused to return the money, calling on their "no refund" policy, no matter how much I insisted that I never ordered these tickets.
This company is a total scam, no matter how big and almighty they are they still rip off people whenever they have a chance.

Old 04-30-2009, 03:01 AM
Newbie Member

Finally after many months of fighting I got my money back from my CC company. It turned out that since my address was in Spain and they couldn't pass the data like that they made up a US address (they found a street with the same name as mine somewhere in Florida) and they just passed the charge like that!!!
Finally the CC comapny had to admit it was a fraud, although it took me a long time and quite a hassle...

so I repeat: TICKETMASTER = SCAMMERS !!!!!!!

Old 04-30-2009, 04:42 PM
Platinum Member

I wouldn't classify Ticketmaster as a scam, but I would classify them as a total rip-off. Their markup is outrageous.

Old 04-13-2010, 04:50 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I'm not sure that Ticketmaster may be classed as a scam but they are very underhanded in their trading practices. And YES... in your case you were a victim of fraud and Ticketmaster should be held accountable for this.

It seems to me that Ticketmaster hold a virtual monopoly on the majority of live events. This however is not good enough for them and they further exploit their stranglehold back tacking on ridiculous and unjustified charges that have no relation to actual services rendered.

Still not satisfied with milking every last penny out of entertainment seekers everywhere, their practices seem to be getting ever more underhanded in the pursuit of yet more profit. Their latest little "gotcha" - which snared me recently - involves EventTicketProtector Insurance which is somehow linked into the purchase of tickets via TM. At some point during the order process there must be an option to purchase this insurance and I can only imagine (as I never requested insurance at any point) that this requires the purchaser to "opt-out" rather than "opt-in". This auto opt-in tactic has been outlawed in some countries as it is identified as a devious way of getting unsuspecting customers to buy something they never intended to. The first the buyer knows about it is when a few days after buying tickets they recieve and email from Mondail Assistance containing the policy document. You do have ten days to cancel the policy but why should you have to go through the inconvenience of cancelling something you never purchased. And what happens if you miss the email or it gets diverted to your spam filter...?

I can't believe that companies can still get away with such practices and in my opinion it's a legal scam that should be made illegal.

Ticketmaster and their fellow rogues should be stripped of their market dominance in favour of open competition for events tickets. That way we might get what we pay for and actually pay only for the things we want.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:19 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyteleco View Post
Finally after many months of fighting I got my money back from my CC company. It turned out that since my address was in Spain and they couldn't pass the data like that they made up a US address (they found a street with the same name as mine somewhere in Florida) and they just passed the charge like that!!!
Finally the CC comapny had to admit it was a fraud, although it took me a long time and quite a hassle...

so I repeat: TICKETMASTER = SCAMMERS !!!!!!!

thanks for the info i was just about to buy tickets from them but not now

Old 05-20-2010, 09:07 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I had a similar situation where I purchased a ticket at midnight for an event the next day. I got a message from Ticketmaster saying my ticket could not be downloaded because of some glitch in the computer system. I contacted TM the next day and asked that my card not be charged. It was anyway and when I asked for a refund, I was told of their no-refund policy and told I should have read the disclaimers before purchasing. I think people should complain...go to the BBB and the attorney general in the state you live. If enough people raise a ruckus, maybe something will get done.

Old 08-19-2011, 11:25 AM
I am new at Scam.com

THIS HAS TO BE A SCAM!!!! I just spent 400 dollars on tickets for 311 and Sublime w/ Rome @ Verizon Wireless and ticketmaster waits till the day before the concert to call and notify me that my 8 tickets are only good for parking and "club access", which is not inside the venue. No where on the TM page that I bought the tickets on did it say Parking Only or This Is Not a Concert Ticket. The order even has section, row, and seat numbers on it. So when I see my ticket online that says VIP Package - Unity Tour 2011: 311 & Sublime with Rome Section-VIPCL Row-GA0 Seats 36-43, why would there be any reason to think that these aren't legit tickets. Apparently they put section, row, and seat numbers on their parking tickets for there own inventory purposes, so the Supervisor told me. So when I asked why they printed section, row, and seat # on peoples parking passes they told me it was for inventory purposes and couldn't explain why they can't keep that to themselves and not print misleading parking tickets making them look like venue tickets. No where did it say this is not a concert ticket or the the VIP Club is not inside the arena. I had to argue with they're customer service where they were trying to tell me that they cant give me a refund, until I told them I was going to report this to the credit company as fraudulent for false advertisement. I still wanted to go to the concert so i had to pay an extra $64 for cruddy terrace seats, when I should of had the best seats in the house because I bought the tickets the minute they went on sale. The only thing their customer service did was sell me tickets that I could have bought my self. Horrible horrible scam. I feel terrible for the people that haven't yet realized that there concert tickets for tomorrow are parking lot tickets.

Old 12-02-2011, 10:02 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by betyouaint View Post
I'm not sure that Ticketmaster may be classed as a scam but they are very underhanded in their trading practices. And YES... in your case you were a victim of fraud and Ticketmaster should be held accountable for this.

It seems to me that Ticketmaster hold a virtual monopoly on the majority of live events. This however is not good enough for them and they further exploit their stranglehold back tacking on ridiculous and unjustified charges that have no relation to actual services rendered.

Still not satisfied with milking every last penny out of entertainment seekers everywhere, their practices seem to be getting ever more underhanded in the pursuit of yet more profit. Their latest little "gotcha" - which snared me recently - involves EventTicketProtector Insurance which is somehow linked into the purchase of tickets via TM. At some point during the order process there must be an option to purchase this insurance and I can only imagine (as I never requested insurance at any point) that this requires the purchaser to "opt-out" rather than "opt-in". This auto opt-in tactic has been outlawed in some countries as it is identified as a devious way of getting unsuspecting customers to buy something they never intended to. The first the buyer knows about it is when a few days after buying tickets they recieve and email from Mondail Assistance containing the policy document. You do have ten days to cancel the policy but why should you have to go through the inconvenience of cancelling something you never purchased. And what happens if you miss the email or it gets diverted to your spam filter...?

I can't believe that companies can still get away with such practices and in my opinion it's a legal scam that should be made illegal.

Ticketmaster and their fellow rogues should be stripped of their market dominance in favour of open competition for events tickets. That way we might get what we pay for and actually pay only for the things we want.
We bought concert tickets. Had a death in the family. Provided Mondial Inurance with the appropriate proof and they still denied our claim. So even if you do get the insurance it doesn't over anything. SCAM

Old 04-11-2012, 04:55 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I purchased tickers for a Coldplay concert back in December. At the time, when looking on Ticketmaster, the cheapest I could find for 3 seats together was 90 dollars on the upper level, which were not that good, but there was nothing available for cheaper. They made it seem like anything else was sold out. Now, 4 months later and 2 weeks before the show, my friend was on Ticketmaster looking at tickets, and they are now selling Coldplay tickets in a similar section as mine for only 37 dollars!!! These tickets were definitely NOT available 4 months ago.. I feel completely ripped off by Ticketmaster.