report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2008, 08:37 AM
I am new at Scam.com

DataEntryCorp.com - Scam?

Today, I received an e-mail from DataEntryCorp.com. It is a work at home job where you type ads for various companies. However, they want you to pay a $47 membership fee, tell you that you have to register with Yahoo, and also need to register with a web hosting company.

They don't promise a get rich scam. Just a regular income depending on how many ads you type per month. Now, I do realize there are people who work at home. I know of two who used to do data entry from home.

Does anyone know anything about this DataEntryCorp.com? I haven't been able to find anything in the search engine on this site or anywhere else on the Internet. Thanks!

Old 06-14-2008, 09:35 AM
Banned

Re: DataEntryCorp.com - Scam?

First off, you should never have to pay to get a job.

Second, per the WhoIs info this website has a private registration. No way to tell who they are or where they are. The WhoIs info also shows that the website went online 3APR2008, and only for one year. If you scroll down slightly at dataentrycorp.com/ you'll see a claim of money made since 1APR2008, and a link that actually shows money made since 15MAR2008. They sure didn't use this website to make that as the site wasn't even online yet.

Third, there are many references to clickbank on the site. Some of the payment checks shown on the site are from clickbank.

Fourth, other payment checks also show a company called 'eKnowledge Marketing'. Which leads to the website dataentrycompany.com/ which per that WhoIs info is located at the following address in India,
Quote:
Domain Name: DATAENTRYCOMPANY.COM

Registrant:
Eknowledge Marketing
Vipul Gupta (vipulkrgupta @gmail.com)[edited, remove space]
AE 90, Rabindrapally
Kestopur
Kolkata
West Bengal,700102
IN
Tel. +91.25913796

Creation Date: 30-Dec-2004
Expiration Date: 30-Dec-2008
Fifth, A search of the BBB for 8345 NW 66th St, Miami, FL 33166 and a reverse address look-up using Whitepages.com show that none of the above company's are listed at that address. At least that I can find.

Sixth, both of these websites have pretty much the same layout, minor differences only that I can see.
http://www.dataentrycorp.com/
http://www.dataentrycompany.com/
Even down to the 'proof' of earnings.

Seventh, the "McAfee SiteAdvisor" for 'dataentrycompany.com' has that website red-flagged with 3 reports as a 'Phishing or other scams' site and 1 report as a 'Bad shopping experience'. Overall McAfee SiteAdvisor says, "Misleading offer."

EDIT:
I see no evidence that this is a 'job' offering from what is on the websites. See the disclaimers at the bottom,
Quote:
Originally Posted by dataentrycorp.com
Anyone caught selling illegal copies of our website without permission from us will be reported to their billing company, their hosting company, and any other related companies for immediate account closure. We will also follow up with a copyright infringement lawsuit in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
* GOOGLE is a trademark of Google Inc. We are not affiliated or endorsed with Google in any way whatsoever.

** We guarantee that all tutorials provided by DataEntryCorp are easy to understand and easy to follow. No gimmicks, no tricks, no surprises. If all directions are followed, you are likely to earn money by partnering with companies we will provide you with. NO B.S. As you understand though, individual successes may vary depending on the work put in.
If the e-mail you recieved was different then please post that message.

Second EDIT:
I also find it interesting that one of the websites quote the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), which is a US Act. Yet, I have not seen any evidence that these "company's" or "websites" are actually located in the US. One is located in India, and the other has a private registration in the Netherlands (Holland). But, both are hosted in the US, Tennessee. Therefore, the DMCA may or may not apply.

Last edited by nomaxim : 06-14-2008 at 10:10 AM.

Old 06-14-2008, 09:02 PM
Wheres my Spam? Ask your friendly neighborhood moderator.. ME

The short version: They aren't HIRING you for a job.. you will just be placing ad's through adwords and similar sites (YOU pay for the ads) and if someone clicks on one of your ads and makes a purchase, you get paid.... unless you know a LOT about bidding for keywords and what you are getting into save your money.. If you are thinking about doing this, you probably don't know much about keyword bidding and could lose a lot of money.

Old 06-15-2008, 12:02 AM
Money Maker

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum, registered today itself. I registered when I found this thread on DataEntryCorp online.

Well actually I am a member with them. I received their email one day and thought to try it out.

They are not offering a job position that is true! But their system does works, I mean I am making money with their tutorials. Not as much as they claim on their site but definitely its not a scam.

The only thing they can be lynched for is that they are offering a biz opp advertising for a job position but who cares if you can make money with it, right?

Patrick

Old 06-16-2008, 07:37 AM
I am new at Scam.com

No, they don't claim that they are offering you a job. Just that you can make money by using their system. I found a couple of other companies that have the exact same wording on their site, but charge a higher membership fee.

If I had seen this when unemployment checks were coming in regularly, I may have tried it out. But, because I'm on my last check, I'm too afraid to give this company a try. I don't need to lose $47 and whatever other fees may be included.

Thanks everyone for your detective work and for answering my question!

Old 06-16-2008, 08:09 PM
Platinum Member

It is just like any other marketing opportunity, you can sign up at Clickbank for free

Old 06-23-2008, 10:00 AM

wuts weird iz this guy who's in the sales letter is From: Vipul Gupta
yup from India or BFEgypt who knows ?

an in http://www.dataentrycompany.com/
is
Monday, June 23, 2008

hey flexy Im lookin into 2 free survey programs
i may hav sumthing for ya BRBack
Make free $ Like You're Printing It
http://buzurl.com/im91

Old 07-10-2008, 07:43 AM
I am new at Scam.com

In the beginning of June I myself fell for Data Entry Corp, I didn't mind paying the $49.00 then the $119.00 to get the website for 2 years...but....they were supposed to e-mail me with the details I needed to continue to start the website, I have been e-mailing them ever since with no reply. So I decided to file them under "Consumer Fraud reporting" and I will pursue it until I get my money back
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick8411 View Post
Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum, registered today itself. I registered when I found this thread on DataEntryCorp online.

Well actually I am a member with them. I received their email one day and thought to try it out.

They are not offering a job position that is true! But their system does works, I mean I am making money with their tutorials. Not as much as they claim on their site but definitely its not a scam.

The only thing they can be lynched for is that they are offering a biz opp advertising for a job position but who cares if you can make money with it, right?

Patrick

Old 07-10-2008, 12:06 PM
Gold Member

Bottom line. Don't pay money to work for money.