report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > MLM Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2008, 04:55 PM
Marianne

World Financial Group - Avoid Them Like The Plague

Listen, do not go to any WFG location. If you are offered an 'interview'. They will butter you up, tell how wonderful you are and how they want you to 'work' for them. In the end you will be paying for the background check, classes, books,etc. With no promise of a paying position. They will ask for family and friends telephone numbers in hopes of selling them their products. You will only lose the respect of your friends and family.

If you do decide to take on their position as 'New Associate', then be forewarned. I got out before it was too late.

California
U.S.A.

Last edited by Dont Be Scammed : 06-10-2008 at 04:58 PM.

Old 07-01-2008, 02:37 PM
The fly in your Anti-MLM ointment...

Re: World Financial Group - Avoid Them Like The Pl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dont Be Scammed View Post
Listen, do not go to any WFG location. If you are offered an 'interview'. They will butter you up, tell how wonderful you are and how they want you to 'work' for them. In the end you will be paying for the background check, classes, books,etc. With no promise of a paying position. They will ask for family and friends telephone numbers in hopes of selling them their products. You will only lose the respect of your friends and family.

If you do decide to take on their position as 'New Associate', then be forewarned. I got out before it was too late.

California
U.S.A.
What do you base that on, Please?

Thanks.

Kerry Hein
― Criss Jami
BEWARE:Joecool44, aka 'joecool', anti-MLM fanatic, Trolls here anonymously!!
Click Here!
Joecools ugliest LIE!...~"I'm not hiding my identity."
Some common sense Re:MLM/DS can be found, here...!! Click Here

Old 07-11-2008, 03:22 PM
Marianne

What do I base this on? Have you been reading all the threads here?

First of all, WFG - a multi-level marketing company calls people randomly supposedly from Careerbuilder or perhaps Craigslist. They say they are paying positions and offer an invitation to their "job fair".

The "job" they offer is not a job but as a position as an independent contractor. You have to sign a 1099 form. Using your credit card, pay for a background check which breaks two laws. You never get to see this background check. Which goes against FRCA (Fair Credit Reporting Act) and state level law.
Guess what, the background check takes 1 day. They say that they only care about whether you have to commit only federal securities crime on your background check. Which means if you are a felon, you can work for WFG. Tell me would you like to share an office space with a possible rapist, thief, etc.

All that saying, wouldn't you like a job where you can get benefits, vacation time, etc? Real jobs pay for your classes, conferences, etc.

All I can say is stay away from these people.

Old 07-14-2008, 08:23 AM
The fly in your Anti-MLM ointment...

Quote:

First of all, WFG - a multi-level marketing company calls people randomly supposedly from Careerbuilder or perhaps Craigslist. They say they are paying positions and offer an invitation to their "job fair".

The "job" they offer is not a job but as a position as an independent contractor. You have to sign a 1099 form. Using your credit card, pay for a background check which breaks two laws. You never get to see this background check. Which goes against FRCA (Fair Credit Reporting Act) and state level law.
Guess what, the background check takes 1 day. They say that they only care about whether you have to commit only federal securities crime on your background check. Which means if you are a felon, you can work for WFG. Tell me would you like to share an office space with a possible rapist, thief, etc.

All that saying, wouldn't you like a job where you can get benefits, vacation time, etc? Real jobs pay for your classes, conferences, etc.

Thanks for clarifying a little.

Sounds like an awfully slippery slope!

If you hear anything more please update this.

Welcome to scam.com

Kerry Hein
― Criss Jami
BEWARE:Joecool44, aka 'joecool', anti-MLM fanatic, Trolls here anonymously!!
Click Here!
Joecools ugliest LIE!...~"I'm not hiding my identity."
Some common sense Re:MLM/DS can be found, here...!! Click Here

Old 07-14-2008, 11:37 AM
Newbie Member

Don't Be Scammed, I have to correct you on what you are saying. First of all, WFG is NOT a scam....far from the truth.

WFG is involved in the insurance and securities businesses, pretty much like Merril Lynch, Dean Witters, Metlife, Citigroup etc. I have involved in many businesses and industries and I have to say securities (i.e. stocks, mutual funds etc.) is the TOUGHEST industries to get started and maintain. Why? Because you have to take the 3 licenses in order to begin to make $ with WFG because their focus is on Variable Insurance Products. So you will need to passed both State insurance licenses (Life and Disability) and then the toughees: NASD and SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission) Series 6 and 63. So you are talking about background checks from the STATE level by the Insurance Commissioner office and from the NATIONAL level of NASD and SEC. Tell me if these guys will let you get away with scam?

The thing that is wrong in your situation is not WFG that is scam but the ONE who tried to recruit you. He/she has mislead or misrepresent or is NEW and didn't answer you correctly regarding the background check. YOU CAN'T work with WFG, or more specifically, you can't make $ with WFG if you even have a misdemeanor. Why? Because you won't be able to get your licenses from the STATE or the NASD. Infact every couple of years you will have to do continued education on both of these entity and they will check your background again. If you have committed any crime, they can and will terminate you. Don't believe me? Just go and ask any of the company I mentioned above to verify what I just said regarding the licenses and background check.

Again, many time in MLM, the companies or products are not the ones to blame but the people selling or representing these products are the ones. I suggest you do a little bit more homework next time before you say someone or some company is a scam. And show this to the one who tried to recruit you and tell he/she next time to get the FACT straight before saying anything. Otherwise he/she won't last long in the securities business whether it is with WFG or any other company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohein56 View Post
Thanks for clarifying a little.

Sounds like an awfully slippery slope!

If you hear anything more please update this.

Welcome to scam.com

Kerry Hein

Old 01-27-2010, 07:07 PM
I am new at Scam.com

World Financial Group actually a very NEW company in Canada (12 years), so you are bound to come across someone who is not 100%. Mind you there are some not so great people in EVERY company. WFG has really stepped up in terms of compliance and service and is now the fastest growing financial services company in Canada because they are different. After this recent recession , and all of the issues with retail banks that have come up, DIFFERENT is exactly what families need.

Last edited by Moneycoach : 01-27-2010 at 07:11 PM.

Old 02-23-2011, 10:32 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I am amazed at the ignorance of people who posted this originally. Wake up guys corporate america has changed ...it has become a cunsumer of product instead of producer or goods.....30 yrs ago made in america had an international appeal today made in america is at the verge of extinction.......PEOPLE LOKING FOR REAL JOB WITH BENIFITS ........GOOD LUCK TO YOU ...since ther are going to be very low in number........or you go to china......WFG is owned by AEGON third largest insurance company in the world and all of you run to insurance agents for one or the other insurance....Any one calling insurance industry of america is s****D...since its the most heavily regulated sector in america. Corprate america is Multi level ..in fact whole world is multilevel.....you only get you deserve no matter where you go.....at least WFG is giving people achance to change thier life....which no company in insurance industry offered any one..talk about loosing respect of friends and family.......again they all go to insurance agents with teir money if giving you is loosing respect then you certainly dont deserve to be even shown a candel even let alone an oppertunity.

Old 02-23-2011, 06:27 PM
Silver Member

Go read the WFG group thread in the Investments section to see why this company is problematic. Let me recap:

Some people claim it is a scam and obviously those who believe in the company are quick to jump on the defense.

I don't think it's a blatant scam because it would have been shut down a long time ago if it was. You need to keep in mind that successful scams will do anything and everything in their power to seem legitimate, and many MLMs are able to do this. Again, this does not mean that all MLMs are scams.

The main problem with WFG is the withholding of CRUCIAL information. Information that would sway your decision to sign up with the company to the opposite direction if you knew about it (or at the very least influence it).

1. Don't give me the analogy of "just because one or two people are unethical doesnt make the entire company bad". The other thread has dozens upon dozens of first hand experiences from all over the continent at countless branches.

2. They COMMONLY approach individuals by proposing a "job interview". They make it more appealing by vaguely describing it as the financial field. Now certainly this is the financial field but they are in no way divulging the sales and RECRUITING aspect of the business. I guarantee you very few people would be initially interested if you told them that a good portion of their success depends on bringing more people on board, starting with family and friends. When it comes down to it, it's all about sales. They might add that there are some administrative/secretarial positions to boost your interest, but clearly they have the main mlm model in mind. On top of that, they don't immediately tell you that it's not an actual interview they are inviting you to, but a group presentation. Let's say you went into the presentation and were swayed to continue, then you find out about the 100 dollar background check.

I have just listed a few examples of not just bad business practice, but arguably unethical ones. This is your life were talking about. Despite the fact that they convince you that it's a minimal investment of time and money (which initially it is), you are being led down a path where over 95% don't make money from it, in fact they LOSE. I won't get into the negatives of MLM itself but as you see, it's hard to not be skeptical of WFG when from the very first minute of introduction they are deceiving you. Let me reiterate, this is NOT a matter of a few locations here and there. This is a much more prevelant problem than supporters would have you believe...of course you will now hear about how it's what you put into it, it's about helping others. You will hear these things because they conveniently ignore the problems i have listed.

They will not address these problems, and if they do, they will brush them off as inconsequential or non-problematic. This is the problem i have with WFG.

Last edited by spovat : 02-23-2011 at 06:30 PM.

Old 04-09-2011, 12:41 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:

First of all, WFG - a multi-level marketing company calls people randomly supposedly from Careerbuilder or perhaps *****slist. They say they are paying positions and offer an invitation to their "job fair".

The only thing that I see that is not a good practice is the fact that WFG reps should be clear that they are not not offering an employment, instead they are offering a professional opportunity or "job" as independant contractor in financial services. Period.

The background check is required since your be representing financial products (life insurance, annuities, mutual funds). It is obvious that you did not fill out the application form. The requirements for a license for life insurance will push you out of the opportunity if you don't have a clear criminal record anyway.

I have learned, not every one wants to be an employee for the rest of their life. Independant contractors may loose money but also may have and real life!! I have known much of them making $500 - $1500 per month part time (not much to replace an employment. I have know personally others making $50,000, $130K, $250K, $500K. Are you happy with your employment? Well, fine. That's ok.

Companies like WFG will not pay for vacations, but a lot of employers are cutting on benefits. And there is no safety as it used to be 10 years ago with an employment.

WFG offers you a free Virtual Office, a personal trainer, marketing materials, a free website, internet tools and calculators, clients website, a marketing director who watch for the integrity of your business and lots of trainings with experts in the field with no additional charges.

This company just charge $99 for a system that will cost you thousands if you try to do it all by yourself.

The final question should be : Do I am looking for a JOB as an employee (looking to have a boss) or I am looking as an JOB as independant contractor with the opportunity to become a business in the future?

Old 05-25-2011, 01:56 PM
Newbie Member

Which is better world or primerica?

Old 05-26-2011, 06:48 AM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachivir View Post
The only thing that I see that is not a good practice is the fact that WFG reps should be clear that they are not not offering an employment, instead they are offering a professional opportunity or "job" as independant contractor in financial services. Period.
The background check is required since your be representing financial products (life insurance, annuities, mutual funds). It is obvious that you did not fill out the application form. The requirements for a license for life insurance will push you out of the opportunity if you don't have a clear criminal record anyway.
I have learned, not every one wants to be an employee for the rest of their life. Independant contractors may loose money but also may have and real life!! I have known much of them making $500 - $1500 per month part time (not much to replace an employment. I have know personally others making $50,000, $130K, $250K, $500K. Are you happy with your employment? Well, fine. That's ok.
Companies like WFG will not pay for vacations, but a lot of employers are cutting on benefits. And there is no safety as it used to be 10 years ago with an employment.
WFG offers you a free Virtual Office, a personal trainer, marketing materials, a free website, internet tools and calculators, clients website, a marketing director who watch for the integrity of your business and lots of trainings with experts in the field with no additional charges.
This company just charge $99 for a system that will cost you thousands if you try to do it all by yourself.
The final question should be : Do I am looking for a JOB as an employee (looking to have a boss) or I am looking as an JOB as independant contractor with the opportunity to become a business in the future?
Apparently, this company has no problem getting people to sign up and pay them to take a shot at a state or federal license, when they know the person has very limited skills speaking english. A legitimate company would know that the person had little, if any, chance of passing the tests.

Old 06-24-2011, 08:46 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Hi, I was wondering if you can help me find a way or what it is I need to do to get out of it. i recently just signed everything without really realizing what I was getting myself into. I know, I honestly feel like a damn fool. I read this book that they gave me after and I don't believe in anything that they sell. Can you please help me?

Old 06-25-2011, 04:36 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabzy7 View Post
Hi, I was wondering if you can help me find a way or what it is I need to do to get out of it. i recently just signed everything without really realizing what I was getting myself into. I know, I honestly feel like a damn fool. I read this book that they gave me after and I don't believe in anything that they sell. Can you please help me?
What do you mean by signed everything? Which licenses do you currently have? No reason you can't use those licenses elsewhere and join other companies instead. Unless I am missing something here.

Old 01-26-2012, 12:53 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabzy7 View Post
Wow you signed shit without reading
Dumbass

Old 01-26-2012, 07:14 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAmike View Post
Which is better world or primerica?
primerica is better

Old 01-30-2012, 06:52 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Just refer to the following posts dated at:

05-26-2011 06:48 AM
02-23-2011 06:27 PM
07-14-2008 11:37 AM

They provide more accurate information about this subject.

I feel that the person that invited "Gabzy7" did not took the time to even let know that this is not a PAY PER HOUR opportunity. THIS IS A BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY TO WORK STARTING AS INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR in the financial industry as insurance agent or annuity agent. The company will provide training to people that has no experience in this area. This is a risk WFG is taking. Please reps, take your time to explain that and you will avoid 95% if these kind of negative posts in the internet.

Old 02-14-2012, 10:45 PM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thane View Post
primerica is better
PHP Code:

This is a question you will have to answer yourself. It's like asking how does a lamborghini ride versus driving it yourself?

Old 02-14-2012, 10:52 PM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Once Upon a Time View Post
Apparently, this company has no problem getting people to sign up and pay them to take a shot at a state or federal license, when they know the person has very limited skills speaking english. A legitimate company would know that the person had little, if any, chance of passing the tests.
This is so so far from the truth. There are many associates that have limited English and not only do they pass but exceed native English speakers in most cases. I an not saying its easy and some may have to take the test several times. The ones that breakthrough often times succed.