report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Chat Here
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2008, 07:56 AM
U.S.A. #1

Politicians--who needs them

This takes just a minute to read. It is a short essay by Charlie Reese a former columnist of the Orlando Sentinel Newspaper. It is quite a message to think about as we head to the voting booths this year.

545 People By Charlie Reese

Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.

Have you ever wondered why, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, we have deficits?

Have you ever wondered why, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, we have inflation and high taxes?

You and I don't propose a federal budget. The president does.

You and I don't have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House of Representatives does.

You and I don't write the tax code, Congress does.You and I don't set fiscal policy, Congress does.

You and I don't control monetary policy, The Federal Reserve Bank does.

One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one president and nine Supreme Court justices - 545 human beings out of 300+ million - are directly, legally, morally and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.

I excluded the members of the Federal Reserve Board because that problem was created by the Congress. In 1913, Congress delegated its Constitutional duty to provide a sound currency to a federally chartered but private central bank.

I excluded all the special interests and lobbyists for a sound reason. They have no legal authority.

They have no ability to coerce a senator, a congressman or a president to do one cotton-picking thing.

I don't care if they offer a politician $1 million dollars in cash. The politician has the power to accept or reject it. No matter what the lobbyist promises, it is the legislator's responsibility to determine how he votes.

Those 545 human beings spend much of their energy convincing you that what they did is not their fault. They cooperate in this common con regardless of party.

What separates a politician from a normal human being is an excessive amount of gall.

No normal human being would have the gall of a Speaker, who stood up and criticized the President for creating deficits.

The president can only propose a budget. He cannot force the Congress to accept it.

The Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land, gives sole responsibility to the House of Representatives for originating and approving appropriations and taxes.

Who is the speaker of the House? She is the leader of the majority party. She and fellow House members, not the president, can approve any budget they want. If the president vetoes it, they can pass it over his veto if they agree to.

It seems inconceivable to me that a nation of 300+ million cannot replace 545 people who stand convicted -- by present facts - of incompetence and irresponsibility.

I can't think of a single domestic problem that is not traceable directly to those 545 people.

When you fully grasp the plain truth that 545 people exercise the power of the federal government, then it must follow that what exists is what they want to exist.

If the tax code is unfair, it's because they want it unfair.

If the budget is in the red, it's because they want it in the red.

If the Marines are in IRAQ, it's because they want them in IRAQ.

If they do not receive social security but are on an elite retirement plan not available to the people, it's because they want it that way.

There are no insoluble government problems.

Do not let these 545 people shift the blame to bureaucrats, whom they hire and whose jobs they can abolish; to lobbyists, whose gifts and advice they can reject; to regulators, to whom they give the power to regulate and from whom they can take this power.

Above all, do not let them con you into the belief that there exists disembodied mystical forces like 'the economy,' 'inflation' or 'politics' that prevent them from doing what they take an oath to do.

Those 545 people and they alone, are responsible. They and they alone, have the power.

They, and they alone, should be held accountable by the people who are their bosses - provided the voters have the gumption to manage their own employees.

Old 06-01-2008, 10:15 AM
Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work...

Re: Politicians--who needs them

Yeah, this "Phenonom is that they campaign, are elected, are installed into office and all the things they promised and all the people they asked to vote for them are quickly forgotten. It is termed "Political Ammesia"... My idea!

p.s they are actually at the other end of the Welfare arrangement = "socially kept people" [my term!] they get huge handouts from the public for which they do nothing in return for...

Old 06-09-2008, 12:10 PM
Banned

~ Blah, blah, blah, Charlie has heartburn, headaches, stomach aches and constant diarrhea of the mouth. I didn't read but the first line of what Charlie Reese said. Hey Charlie get "hooked" on to this message, because man, you are so "scammed" by the "actors" in the "political field". Listen up marshmellow brain. ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ It is very important to NOTE that both " parties are "controlled" you understand that word? "controlled" alright, then they are "controlled by the ELITES, the Global Elites, the Shadow Government the Bilderbergs. They are paid by them and told what to say and do, slaves puppets. The Powerful Elites, are in the background, but their slaves are the ones who get Kicked around, for they are part of this "whole sinister plot" They are contributing and getting this "system" set up for the One-World Governmen/ The Elites are selllin illegal drugs, and so this nonsense of trying to getrid of it will never happen. This is how the ELITES make most of their money to get the new world order set up. & they are the ones that telll the OIL PLACES to HIKEUP the price of OIL read about LINDSEY WILLIAMS put a search for him.. The Energy Non-Crisis www.reformation.org/energy-non-crisi.html he has videos online also at youtube.com Excerpt from his book there is also his whole book online yu can read it for free, i missplaced that website but www.sweetliberty.org/issues/environment/energy The Toxic Prices www.toxicprices.com/lindseywilliams.htm ) lots of places to read what is really going on. ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Terrorism is nothing more/less than a TOOL that is used today to "manipulate" the masses. The ultimate synthesis or result of which is TYRANNICAL SYSTEM ... the global elites wish to implement. They the ELITES ( bilderbergs) have ben wrking to build a world wide command and control structure for "generations" for various reasons and none of it is good for the people, they only want to get rid of s all an spy an lie to us lik they have all along. They are killing h babies with vaccines and giving them al sorts of brain injuries yet denying it all, but the drug company has known about this since the 1930's Eli Lilley and Bush, sr, worked for them before. More later.

Old 06-09-2008, 12:16 PM

SSSSSSCCCCCHHHHHEEESSSSSHHHHH. What's that smell? Who F*****d?

Old 06-09-2008, 12:20 PM
Banned

This stupid keyboard is driving me nuts. Anyways, I know that O.T. put an article in here that this man CHARLIE wrote, but I am typing tohim like I am typing to all of you who read this. My batteries are looosing power, I dont know if I an finish this. BRANDNEW and not wrking.

Old 06-09-2008, 01:03 PM
Banned

LOL coon fart, is at the computer and who else could of farted by coon fart. I told you folks tis is the season of the LUNATIC person, coontie. ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ So their tricks of the trade to keep repeating the same lies every week on the news, like this way the Elites wil convince the people this is the actual truth. But little did the "marshmallow brains the Elites" fail to recognize there are millions of people "above them". We the brilliant ones, have not fallen into the TRAP, like most of the people on scam.com has, still being scammed by the Political Field and still thinking the next PUPPET will turn everything around. Aint gonna happen for they are working for the new world order. The real Policy makers who hide in the Shadows come out unscathed by te controversy and treachery. Bush is a Puppet and all behind him ad into the future, all puppets. If they do not listen to their MASTERS they will be gone one way or the other, look what happened to Eliot Spitzer they lied d about him an dyou all believe it, suckers! so "gullible" you all are! Remember how you'll hated Clinton, well you can hate the Bilderbergs, for they are behind everything excep his "romp with Monica". ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ This turkey-Bush will leave and another Traitor President and Vice President etc will take their place. The New Traitor who will be equally commited to the Destruction of National Soverignity and Individual Liberty. ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ The names of the Global Elites will not be known for there are too many of them working behind the scenes. CHANGE will happen but not for the better it will only get worse. The two candidates will say anything so you can vote for them. But voting is a scam and a sham, for the global elites pick who they want. they hve to trick you every step of the way and you fall for it. Just think about those new voting machines, that leave no paper trails, that is proof something fishy is going on. the laugh is on you, LOL!

Old 06-10-2008, 07:43 AM
U.S.A. #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
LOL coon fart, is at the computer and who else could of farted by coon fart. I told you folks tis is the season of the LUNATIC person, coontie. ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ So their tricks of the trade to keep repeating the same lies every week on the news, like this way the Elites wil convince the people this is the actual truth. But little did the "marshmallow brains the Elites" fail to recognize there are millions of people "above them". We the brilliant ones, have not fallen into the TRAP, like most of the people on scam.com has, still being scammed by the Political Field and still thinking the next PUPPET will turn everything around. Aint gonna happen for they are working for the new world order. The real Policy makers who hide in the Shadows come out unscathed by te controversy and treachery. Bush is a Puppet and all behind him ad into the future, all puppets. If they do not listen to their MASTERS they will be gone one way or the other, look what happened to Eliot Spitzer they lied d about him an dyou all believe it, suckers! so "gullible" you all are! Remember how you'll hated Clinton, well you can hate the Bilderbergs, for they are behind everything excep his "romp with Monica". ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ This turkey-Bush will leave and another Traitor President and Vice President etc will take their place. The New Traitor who will be equally commited to the Destruction of National Soverignity and Individual Liberty. ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ The names of the Global Elites will not be known for there are too many of them working behind the scenes. CHANGE will happen but not for the better it will only get worse. The two candidates will say anything so you can vote for them. But voting is a scam and a sham, for the global elites pick who they want. they hve to trick you every step of the way and you fall for it. Just think about those new voting machines, that leave no paper trails, that is proof something fishy is going on. the laugh is on you, LOL!
I noticed that you mentioned the Bilderbergs, nice people. Had them over for supper last week. We have also invited the Elites and the Masters to our annual get aquainted block party next month. Hey Galaxy, maybe you should come to so you can meet them to.

Old 06-12-2008, 03:20 PM

Both the McCain and O'Bama Campaigns are giving away Condoms with political sayings touting the positive aspects of these candidates printed on the on the packaging.
I heard what some of the sayings are. I don't recall them right now, nor that they are suggestive in a parallel fashion of the ordinarily intended function of Comdoms.
Wouldn't it be weird if the likenesses were indelibely printed on the rubber material as well?
WWWHHHHOOO... STRANGEEEEEE!!!
Would that be considered as perverse?

Last edited by coontie : 06-12-2008 at 03:22 PM.

Old 06-12-2008, 03:23 PM

Today, Ron Paul [R] declared a termination of his political campaign for President...

Old 06-12-2008, 05:26 PM
U.S.A. #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by coontie View Post
Today, Ron Paul [R] declared a termination of his political campaign for President...
Is there a problem with that????

Old 06-12-2008, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
Is there a problem with that????
SEEMS "A BIT" LATE, WOULDN"T YOU SAY??? HMMMMM...

Old 06-12-2008, 07:40 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
SEEMS "A BIT" LATE, WOULDN"T YOU SAY??? HMMMMM...
I thought he'd given up months ago. lol

Old 06-13-2008, 07:17 AM
U.S.A. #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinahound View Post
I thought he'd given up months ago. lol
To bad they all don't give up and just go away

Old 08-19-2008, 06:11 PM
REBEL

Great article! Very true. Politicians do more harm than good.
What is the opposite of progress?
Congress!!

Old 08-19-2008, 06:23 PM
U.S.A. #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight-mare View Post
Great article! Very true. Politicians do more harm than good.
What is the opposite of progress?
Congress!!
Thank you Knight-Mare. On that we agree 100%. we should call every fourth year that is an election year a " smear year " isn't that what they collect all of those millions for so they can travel around the world doing just that.

Old 08-19-2008, 07:57 PM
Platinum Member

Old Timer, what you say is true, and sad. What we really have to admit is that we the people are to blame for some of this. We could change things for the better if we really wanted to. The federal reserve, and our money supply, we could change if we wanted to. The same politicians getting elected to the same office over, and over again. We could change if we really wanted to. The root of the problem, starts with us. The solution is up to us. Congress is a reflection of us. Our laziness, our out of control spending. Our wanting others to conform to our different beliefs.

Old 08-20-2008, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
To bad they all don't give up and just go away
Suggestion: discontinue allowing "Politicans" to be the individuals that "lead" [ I had to choke over that one] our Government. Instead, we hire people to take these different positions. That is TO CARRY OUT THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE
AS INDICATED BY THE PEOPLE. Not to determine or interpret the will of the people as the Politicans see personall fit. They historically prove to be self-serving; taking care of their personal interest, both in the present and for the future.
LEt ALL issues affecting the function and well being of the public to be put to a public vote - not dictated and carried out by these individuals.
Yes, we would be votin a lot more, but we would know that we are in control of our nation and our destiny - not so as it is now.
Think of all the money that we pay to these politicans now, then consider what we get in the "bargain" [choked again]. Once in office we people of the nation get the "who are you treatment".
If we hire people in this stead, we wouldn't have to go through the Impeacement process which is just another rigged political arrangment, we could just summarily fire the bastards on the spot!
Another things this would eliminate if Politcal Parties which are just another cunniogly devised fabrication to set the american public against each other and causes people to lose sight of what [the individual] they are really voting for. After all, Politicans are gifted in devisive "think-speak".

Old 08-20-2008, 10:07 AM
U.S.A. #1

Quote:
Suggestion: discontinue allowing "Politicans" to be the individuals that "lead" [ I had to choke over that one] our Government. Instead, we hire people to take these different positions. That is TO CARRY OUT THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE
AS INDICATED BY THE PEOPLE. Not to determine or interpret the will of the people as the Politicans see personall fit. They historically prove to be self-serving; taking care of their personal interest, both in the present and for the future.
LEt ALL issues affecting the function and well being of the public to be put to a public vote - not dictated and carried out by these individuals.
Yes, we would be votin a lot more, but we would know that we are in control of our nation and our destiny - not so as it is now.
Think of all the money that we pay to these politicans now, then consider what we get in the "bargain" [choked again]. Once in office we people of the nation get the "who are you treatment".
If we hire people in this stead, we wouldn't have to go through the Impeacement process which is just another rigged political arrangment, we could just summarily fire the bastards on the spot!
Another things this would eliminate if Politcal Parties which are just another cunniogly devised fabrication to set the american public against each other and causes people to lose sight of what [the individual] they are really voting for. After all, Politicans are gifted in devisive "think-speak".
COONTIE FOR PRESIDENT