report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Investment Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2008, 09:21 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: Possible Scam Starpoint Investments LLC

loan C pls give me your contact info.

Old 07-27-2008, 08:29 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I have personally met Ron at his office and am continuing my due diligence. I would greatly appreciate any feedback from those that have info. to share regarding their experience in working with Starpoint and/or knowing someone who has gone through the process.

Old 08-10-2008, 11:21 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I am currently engaged with Starpoint as a principal on several transactions. I have not closed on a transaction yet, but have so far been very impressed with both Mr. Grant and Starpoint. I have experienced the details of underwriting and can say that I am very encouraged that the transaction is legitimate.

Our Due Diligence on Mr. Grant was quite extensive and I can say that some of the things posted on this site are in fact bogus.

I am enthusiastic about waiting out the 120 days contract periods for proof of concept on multiple deals. I will post the results if the transactions do not produce results. You shouldn't expect to see additional posting if it does.

Old 08-10-2008, 11:39 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I do think that it would be helpful if members like "Anthony Kennedy" would include details about his deal not coming to fruition.

I have a difficult time believing that someone that went through the contract period with a total non performance result would be kind enough to provide the details.

i wonder if this member actually put money up and went through submitting over 30 documents for the banks, etc.

I would appreciate a detailed account of how the deals didn't work out.

That is if you are anything more than a broker.

I can assure you, if our deals dont work out you will hear about it on this site in expicit detail.

Old 08-11-2008, 12:36 AM
Newbie Member

it is amazing that no one has closed a deal with starpoint. their references are all their own people. just don't fall for it.. in this scam quiet a few of the brokers have served jail time already.. bankrupsey, and a lot more.. before u know it they will all be public .. just be careful with your hard earned money and do not trust scam bags like them.
they claim the merl lynch is involved in their deal. ML has no clue what these guys are taking about..

Old 08-18-2008, 11:59 AM
Newbie Member

I have some research on Ron Grant and found out that he did not graduate out of Wharton University as he said he did on one of the websites. However, this does not mean it is a scam. I am a commercial loan broker who seeks the truth and hopefully I will find it. My client will be in direct contact with them by next week. If you are still interested in info contact me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilikecornbread View Post
Just wondering if anyone has heard of this not gonna go into great detail but i'll list the names of people involved Rade Manojlovic-Director, Rohn Grant(starpoint Investments LLC, Arthur Bird-CPA, Francis Hans CPA assist, Hugh J. Mah. Not sure if deal is scam or real, if this sounds fimiliar to anyone let me know thanks.

Old 08-18-2008, 12:06 PM
Newbie Member

Thanks for putting that out there. I am also researching on companies that have actually closed with them. If they were a scam I am sure they would have already been shut down. So far I have read only opinions and no true facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aml View Post
We as a broker advise all our clients to do DD on starpoint. spendsome money fly to Atlanta meet with Ron. Spend some money, hire a PI and do some DD. Make some calls to states to verify the company. Do not just post on blogs. The "Prime Bank Fraud" reference below has nothing to do with this particular transaction. This transaction is a simple loan against a CD Account. Any bank can do this. Also, when it comes to getting your interest payments paid for by a security house, this is no different as if your company raised Debentures and brought in and Investment Firm to service payments as most do. Also, another thing to remember is Starpoint is a US Based company dealing with millions of dollars. If they were a fraud and taking peoples money especially in the millions....dont you think they would of been shut down after 8 years of business (YES LOOK THEM UP IN GEORGIA, THEY HAVE BEEN AROUND FOR 8 YEARS)

Michael B. Columbia
CEO
AML & Associates, Inc

Old 08-18-2008, 12:13 PM
Newbie Member

My clients are meeting with Ron in the very near future about this transaction. If you have invested with Ron did you actually fund? I seek the truth not opinions. Any help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by peace4you View Post
I have read alot of junk at this site about the CD deal but the best way to find out if it works is to do it for yourself. I completed the CD transaction and I am on my third round. all you guys out their are a bunch of time wasters and you have nothing better to do than to knock something that is working. for me everything went the way it was explained to me and i got my money at closing. i can tell from some of the postings that none of the posters have ever spoken to anyone from Starpoint. I have not met or heard of anyone who have lost money doing the CD transaction with Starpoint. And did you know that you do not have to deposit any money with Starpoint and they will still do the deal for you if you provide your own bank to close the deal. pls dont ask me to invest my money with any of you guys who are doing all this posting. what some of you are doing can affect my further business dealings because there is nowhere to go for funding right now.

Old 08-18-2008, 12:21 PM
Newbie Member

Can I get your contact information?

Quote:
Originally Posted by peace4you View Post
loan C pls give me your contact info.

Old 08-18-2008, 12:22 PM
Newbie Member

Can I get your contact information?

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgrt View Post
I have personally met Ron at his office and am continuing my due diligence. I would greatly appreciate any feedback from those that have info. to share regarding their experience in working with Starpoint and/or knowing someone who has gone through the process.

Old 08-18-2008, 06:34 PM
Newbie Member

I've been reading this thread for some time now and want to set all you people straight.

Starpoint Investments, LLC is a SCAM.

Ron Grant, the president, is a convicted felon who served in prison for several years. His real name is Rohan Grant. He has a shared office in the office building he works out of. There is more information... hire a reputable private investigator and he can get all of the information. It's what I did.

I went through the leveraged CD transaction for 7 months and all I got was excuses and more excuses. That's what will happen to all of you. Grant, being the professional con man that he is, has no intention of even attempting to carry out the proposed transaction.

He is scamming you without scamming you. He takes your money, promises you funding, gives you excuses for a few months, then you get tired of waiting, he'll give you your money back.

He probably has several clients at a time equaling several million dollars and invests that money in liquid investments in order to give back the money to inevstors when the investor gets tired of waiitng.

Grant is a slcik dressing, smooth talking guy with an answer for everything.

Riddle me this... his minimum transaction is $1M, in which he makes $10M... then why is he in a shared office. Why is the wbesite under ocnstruction, for several years now? Etc, etc.

It was 6 months into the transaction and Grant said the transaction was too small and he was going to pull it. I agreed to put up more money. Long story short, I hired a PI and that night the PI found out Grant had tried to declar bankruptcy in like 02-03. Court disallowed as it was found that he had $500K inthe Bahamas.

This information was presented to Grant that evening and the following morning Grant IMMEDIATELY, through FedEx Overnight, sent me a cashiers check for my money.

The the other juicy information, (pirson time, charged with several counts of fraud, etc.) was presented to me by the PI the next day. grant would not take my calls after this.

People... Grant is a professional con man. He's a piece of sh*t with no conscience.

Anyone in this thread who says they have funded are liars. Either they are in on the scam or they don't know any better and are just joker-broker morons.

AML and Associates is a moron. He is just like Grant, charging up front fees for everything and promises to refund the money if said funding does not work. Check out his website.

People, stay away from Starpoint and scammer Ro(ha)n Grant. If you follow through after reading this, you deserve to not only get scammed, but lose your money.

You have been warned.

FOr those of you lying about Grant, such as AML and Associates, do the world a favor and go jump off a building.

Old 08-22-2008, 06:33 PM
Newbie Member

Rohan Grant from Starpoint Investments has been arrested by the FBI. I think that should clear up whether anyone here thought the guy was legit.

Old 08-23-2008, 01:02 PM
I am new at Scam.com

This is not true, Mr. Grant is not under arrest by the FBI. You know this since you are most likely the one who initiated this through one of your "friends" but haven't the courage to retract or modify your statement. If I were you I would think about the words liable, and defamation. It is of little wonder you were given the money back, who would want you or anyone like you for a client?

Old 08-23-2008, 09:20 PM
Newbie Member

You're right... the agent I spoke with from the FBI detailing me the circumstances regarding Rohan Grant and Starpoint Investments is not really an FBI agent... he's an impersonator!!!

Old 08-23-2008, 09:25 PM
Newbie Member

Hey Camelot...

I just noticed...don't you mean "libel" and not "liable?" Go back to school genius.

And stop misleading folks here... Grant was recently arrested.

Old 08-25-2008, 08:10 AM
I am new at Scam.com

The Real Ron Grant

Wondering if anyone has heard that there is a "Ron Grant" that actually performs this transaction in New York. I understand that Rohan was using his name so that when people would inquire with their buddies at ML his name would be verified. I understand that the real Ron Grant does the transaction but not for private parties but for major corporations etc, and is based out of NY. Anyone hear something similar?

Old 08-25-2008, 08:46 AM
I am new at Scam.com

The Real Ron Grant

From what I understand, there is a Starpoint investments that does this transaction out of NY, but they are actually a Delaware Corp. Any information on the accuracy of this would be appreciated.

Old 08-25-2008, 04:21 PM
I am new at Scam.com

The real Ron Grant

I have heard there is an individual in NY who is capable of this transaction!