report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Investment Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2008, 01:22 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Possible Scam Starpoint Investments LLC

Just wondering if anyone has heard of this not gonna go into great detail but i'll list the names of people involved Rade Manojlovic-Director, Rohn Grant(starpoint Investments LLC, Arthur Bird-CPA, Francis Hans CPA assist, Hugh J. Mah. Not sure if deal is scam or real, if this sounds fimiliar to anyone let me know thanks.

Old 05-28-2008, 04:27 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: Possible Scam Starpoint Investments LLC

I know quite a bit about this group. I believe they are a fraud. For instance, he does business through brokers who are known con artist.

Old 06-27-2008, 02:59 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I too am interested in any info on this group. I have the same bad feeling and my friend has money at stake. Their website has been under construction for months with no information about what they do.

Old 06-28-2008, 08:34 PM
I am new at Scam.com

My name is not Anthony Kennedy. I chose the name because Anthony Kennedy is the broker for Starpoint who brought myself and others to the firm. None, I repeat none of our deals were ever completed. Hence my post of knowing he works with brokers who are shady.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/...Off0187535.htm

Old 06-30-2008, 03:31 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Did any of your deals involve some sort of CD leveraging program, and did you lose any investment money when they did not go through? I don't know Kennedy but Ron Grant was the contact. I'm very concerned for my friend. Thank you for anything you can tell me so I can pass along the info. Something definitely does not smell right to me.

Old 07-02-2008, 06:19 PM
Newbie Member

what about AML? they advertise the same program CD Leverage..
I know of someone that is about to submit paperwork for this deal. Has anyone closed adeal with this AML or Starpoint Investment? if not who knows of this cd leverage program?

Old 07-09-2008, 04:54 PM
I am new at Scam.com

In doing more research I came across a lot of information which I believe is very useful.

If you type in the words "Prime Bank Fraud" into google there is all kinds of articles and websites worth reading.

Go to the SEC, FBI and US Treasury sites for all the warnings. This link is also useful

http://wwww.quatloos.com/prime-bank_HYIP.htm

Let me know if this sounds very similar to what Starpoint is offering.

Old 07-09-2008, 07:39 PM
Newbie Member

This is the program that is out there and AML and Starpoint Investment LLC advertise this all over, I know of someone that just sent them their money and I am just trying to find out if someone really did close on with them. If you Google CD leverage program 345 you will find the same advertisement all over internet with only one or 2 companies.

Then it gets broken down like this (Example using 5M)

5M times 345 = 1.725B
1.725B put into a CD account in the clients name (NO THIRD PARTY"S)
HSBC, or UBS LENDS AGAINST CD (ALREADY SET UP) 100%
56% of loan proceeds go back to hedge fund, with CD interest strip
25% go to Security House to secure interest payments on loan
5% to Investment Bank
3% to AML & Associates, Inc
1% to brokers

Client Nets Out $172,500,000 NON RECOURSE- NO PAYMENTS

For Procedures, visit our website at www. amlassociates. com or email
michael. columbia@amlassociates. com

Old 07-11-2008, 09:03 PM
I am new at Scam.com

We as a broker advise all our clients to do DD on starpoint. spendsome money fly to Atlanta meet with Ron. Spend some money, hire a PI and do some DD. Make some calls to states to verify the company. Do not just post on blogs. The "Prime Bank Fraud" reference below has nothing to do with this particular transaction. This transaction is a simple loan against a CD Account. Any bank can do this. Also, when it comes to getting your interest payments paid for by a security house, this is no different as if your company raised Debentures and brought in and Investment Firm to service payments as most do. Also, another thing to remember is Starpoint is a US Based company dealing with millions of dollars. If they were a fraud and taking peoples money especially in the millions....dont you think they would of been shut down after 8 years of business (YES LOOK THEM UP IN GEORGIA, THEY HAVE BEEN AROUND FOR 8 YEARS)

Michael B. Columbia
CEO
AML & Associates, Inc

Old 07-12-2008, 10:12 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I know Mr. Grant and his family and plan to speak with him about investment management and foreign exchange through starpoint. He has a wealth of knowledge that would benefit me greatly in this financial game and I plan to receive all that he has to pour into me. I personally don't know of any wrong doing concerning starpoint investments or any of the individuals that he is associated with but I can't blame anyone for being cautious about their money. It's your choice to make investors and good luck with your future plans.

Old 07-13-2008, 04:07 PM
Newbie Member

This is to AML:
You as a broker how many of these CD leverage closed for your own clients personally in the past few years? Did you use the service of Starpoint Investment? or AML directly handles this program? I hear that Mr. Grant has a bankrupsy on his record and that is public record, you don't need to hire PI to find that out. Also how many did starpoint closed in the past 8 years? and if it is for real why don't they have a web site? why doesn't MR. Grant advertise? It seems like AML is all over the internet advertising and always it is Michael Columbia the contact person? and that goes back to starpoint... it is a mystry.. what is AML relationship with MR. Grant and his company "starpoint Investment"?

Old 07-13-2008, 04:22 PM
Banned

How much did you "invest"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony kennedy View Post
My name is not Anthony Kennedy. I chose the name because Anthony Kennedy is the broker for Starpoint who brought myself and others to the firm. None, I repeat none of our deals were ever completed. Hence my post of knowing he works with brokers who are shady.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/...Off0187535.htm

Old 07-13-2008, 04:25 PM
Banned

Looks like there site is still under development...after 8 years?

http://starpointinvestments.com/default.aspx

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocha View Post
This is to AML:
You as a broker how many of these CD leverage closed for your own clients personally in the past few years? Did you use the service of Starpoint Investment? or AML directly handles this program? I hear that Mr. Grant has a bankrupsy on his record and that is public record, you don't need to hire PI to find that out. Also how many did starpoint closed in the past 8 years? and if it is for real why don't they have a web site? why doesn't MR. Grant advertise? It seems like AML is all over the internet advertising and always it is Michael Columbia the contact person? and that goes back to starpoint... it is a mystry.. what is AML relationship with MR. Grant and his company "starpoint Investment"?

Old 07-17-2008, 04:20 PM
Newbie Member

it is ironic that no one comes forward saying they closed one transaction and willing to prove it... what does that tell you?
Scam? maybe? remains to be seen!!

Old 07-17-2008, 08:11 PM
bunglungchingdong

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocha View Post
it is ironic that no one comes forward saying they closed one transaction and willing to prove it... what does that tell you?
Scam? maybe? remains to be seen!!
I say you are a scam an possibly a retard. This site is for losers just like you. How fitting

Old 07-18-2008, 07:57 AM
Newbie Member

I am impressed the way you put it..
"I say you are a scam an possibly a retard. This site is for losers just like you. How fitting "

it makes two of us, since you are using the same site and reading all the postings... ha let me think... Loser is the word or retard.. don't lose brain cells over thinking about this one ..u might not have anymore cells left.. keep on trying your other scams such as Phil Town Investing . FYI this site is for public awarness from people like you. see how many people are hurting because of your kind. I think you need to stay out of this web site with posting your scams. we are trying to prevent YOU from having another victim.

Last edited by mumbles : 02-08-2009 at 09:11 AM.

Old 07-18-2008, 07:58 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunglungchingdong View Post
I say you are a scam an possibly a retard. This site is for losers just like you. How fitting
I am impressed the way you put it..
"I say you are a scam an possibly a retard. This site is for losers just like you. How fitting "

it makes two of us, since you are using the same site and reading all the postings... ha let me think... Loser is the word or retard.. don't lose brain cells over thinking about this one ..u might not have anymore cells left.. keep on trying your other scams such as Phil Town Investing . FYI this site is for public awarness from people like you. see how many people are hurting because of your kind. I think you need to stay out of this web site with posting your scams. we are trying to prevent YOU from having another victim.

Old 07-23-2008, 02:51 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I have read alot of junk at this site about the CD deal but the best way to find out if it works is to do it for yourself. I completed the CD transaction and I am on my third round. all you guys out their are a bunch of time wasters and you have nothing better to do than to knock something that is working. for me everything went the way it was explained to me and i got my money at closing. i can tell from some of the postings that none of the posters have ever spoken to anyone from Starpoint. I have not met or heard of anyone who have lost money doing the CD transaction with Starpoint. And did you know that you do not have to deposit any money with Starpoint and they will still do the deal for you if you provide your own bank to close the deal. pls dont ask me to invest my money with any of you guys who are doing all this posting. what some of you are doing can affect my further business dealings because there is nowhere to go for funding right now.