report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Corporate Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2008, 12:55 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Tek Collect or TCI

TekCollect or TCI out of Columbus Ohio is SCAM...Sales Reps beware! The product is apparently good, but it is the Sales Reps that are being SCAMMED...First they bring you in a group interview and talk about how much money you can make and about the growing market...if you are money motivated you decide to move forward and take the job...They then tell you to get involved you have to PAYmoney upfront in the amount of $250 to $450 dollars...I will not disclose what i paid because i do not want to give my identity away...they tell you they will spend a whole week with you in the field after two days of training...well...what they do not tell you is they DO NOT spend a whole week with you in the field...and if you set an appointment, they go with you, they get 50% of your commissions...so if you get a deal that they made the presentation they will take 50% of your money and ON TOP OF THAT they keep the deal, it's not your client, it's theirs...so when the client renews they get the deal...you get nothing..So...the only way you get any help is if you are willing to share 50% of your earnings on deals you bring them in on...THEY HAVE DEVELOPED THE PERFECT BIRD DOG SYSTEM FOR THEM...you are the bird dog, you go out and spend your gas money, your car, your cell, your time and sales experience and then you ask them to help you close the deal and they get to keep 50% of the money...and the deal on top of that...SALES REPS 'BEWARE' OF THIS COMPANY...they are not here to HELP you but to TAKE FROM YOU and USE you as their personal birddogs or hunters..they constantly hire reps and use them to pad their pockets...RUN>>>RUN from this company :wave:

Old 07-24-2008, 03:10 AM
Newbie Member

Re: Tek Collect or TCI

BRAVO! You hit the nail right on the head on every issue about Tek-Collect (aka: TCI). Unfortunately I worked for them about a year ago. I guess I should be thankful I was wasting my gas money prospecting for them when it was under $3.00 a gallon instead of over $4.00 like it is now.

Anyway, in addition to what you said I'd like to also mention they are perpetrating this scam by using legitimate on-line job boards such as Career Builder, Indeed, and Monster to seduce candidates with their claim of a "$75,000-$100,000 base pay" Sales Rep job. There is NO base pay, not even a draw. This is a 100% commission Independent Contractor sales position with NO benefits. As for the job itself, be prepared for business owners/CFOs to lie about their finances (which ruins your chances to fit a program around their actual outstanding receivables, thereby killing the sale and/or your potential commission), and to get them to show you their A/R books is like pulling teeth! Then trying to convince them to pay an up-front fee to collect money they've already written off as bad debt is the textbook definition of a tough sell.

By the way, I never got my "refundable training & materials fee" back, and my guess is 90% of the frustrated and broke sales reps they sucker into this scheme never do either... they are either terminated (due to sales inactivity) or quit because they're not making enough money long before they'd meet the accounts sold requirements for the alleged refund. And, as you said, when you're gone TCI keeps the residual income from YOUR few sales, and you have effectively wasted your time AND paid to bird dog/prospect the market for them.

That's the cold hard truth about TCI folks. There is NO amount of spin they can counter with to contradict what we've told you here, NONE.

RUN away from Tek-Collect/TCI!

Last edited by ScamReporterVV : 07-24-2008 at 03:30 AM.

Old 08-04-2008, 07:38 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Thank you, thank you!
I HAD an interview Thursday.
I was leery already, because all of the information and the movie, they were supposed to email me, had not arrived.
They were careful, not to give me any company information.
Recruiter is who is on my caller I.D.
The drag you letter came today.
I was on the net, instantly researching the company.
Interview over!
LadyU
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScamReporterVV View Post
BRAVO! You hit the nail right on the head on every issue about Tek-Collect (aka: TCI). Unfortunately I worked for them about a year ago. I guess I should be thankful I was wasting my gas money prospecting for them when it was under $3.00 a gallon instead of over $4.00 like it is now.

Anyway, in addition to what you said I'd like to also mention they are perpetrating this scam by using legitimate on-line job boards such as Career Builder, Indeed, and Monster to seduce candidates with their claim of a "$75,000-$100,000 base pay" Sales Rep job. There is NO base pay, not even a draw. This is a 100% commission Independent Contractor sales position with NO benefits. As for the job itself, be prepared for business owners/CFOs to lie about their finances (which ruins your chances to fit a program around their actual outstanding receivables, thereby killing the sale and/or your potential commission), and to get them to show you their A/R books is like pulling teeth! Then trying to convince them to pay an up-front fee to collect money they've already written off as bad debt is the textbook definition of a tough sell.

By the way, I never got my "refundable training & materials fee" back, and my guess is 90% of the frustrated and broke sales reps they sucker into this scheme never do either... they are either terminated (due to sales inactivity) or quit because they're not making enough money long before they'd meet the accounts sold requirements for the alleged refund. And, as you said, when you're gone TCI keeps the residual income from YOUR few sales, and you have effectively wasted your time AND paid to bird dog/prospect the market for them.

That's the cold hard truth about TCI folks. There is NO amount of spin they can counter with to contradict what we've told you here, NONE.

RUN away from Tek-Collect/TCI!

Old 09-10-2008, 08:01 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Tell me more, I had interview Tuesday went through the process but did not at this point pay the 350.00. Still thinking as to what to do.

Old 10-01-2008, 09:40 AM
I am new at Scam.com

if you weren't such a poo-see and knew how to sell, you wouldn't be spending your time cyring about a sales job that you couldn't hack. All sales jobs are the same, they only thing that changes is the product. The techniques are always universal. They're not scams just because they ask for an up-front fees for training. People REALLY do get back that fee when they sell enough (which, by the way, happens all the time to BSD's, such as myself). Its cry-babies like you who think they have it all figured out. Sales is about guts and determination. Not finger-pointing and excuse-making. Before you start throwing more rocks in glass houses, stop and take a real good look at yourself and ask
"why can't I sell? Is it because I make excuses all the time? "
YES. You know its true. Try using your time to expose REAL scams and stop bad-talking legitimate Co's that pay great money for great talent.
ihavetoo

Old 10-11-2008, 12:40 AM
Newbie Member

I've got an idea... how about you address each of the issues brought to the forum here about Tek-Collect and tell us specifically how we've got it wrong. I DARE YOU TO.

The fact is you're a company shill who is still drinking their Kool Aid, and you don't have a leg to stand on.

First off, all companies DO NOT charge an up front fee for the privilege of working as a 100% commission Independent Contractor for them. In fact, job boards such as Careerbuilder.com have a specific rule against companies posting employment opportunities that require a fee. Why would that be if it's so proper to do so?

Also,all sales jobs are NOT the same you delusional dimwit. Some products and services are harder to sell than others. That's a FACT. Another fact is that legitimate companies pay you at least a draw for your time and effort, AND a commission for a sale. Tek-Collect shares none of the investment in your time, expenses, or effort and ONLY pays you a commission with no residual for a client YOU secured if you leave the company.

Everything we've stated here are FACTS, not "excuses", and you conveniently didn't address any of them. As I said, "There is NO amount of spin they can counter with to contradict what we've told you here, NONE." Despite your pathetic attempt to put the blame on the individual instead of the company whose turnover of sales reps is beyond astronomical, my statement stands.

Old 10-15-2008, 01:16 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I want to thank you for this blog. It's what I have been looking for. I have an interview scheduled next Wednesday with TCI. I had several red flags flying and that is why I did this search.
Red flag 1 - Group interview
Red flag 2 - They keep hounding me to come and interview with them.
Red flag 3 - Revolving door for Account Execs. Too big of a turn over.
Red flag 4 - From this forum... they ask for money.

It is not legitimate practice to request money for a job, unless it is the type of job that you do at home and recruit people in your downline, then yes you pay for that. I am currently in insurance sales and am 100% commission 1099. Through my commissions I pay for my marketing and lead system (I don't see that money going out though, just know it upfront). I do see money come off my commissions for a reserve account that takes care of any chargebacks I get from cancellled sales. I am not totally unhappy with my sales job, just want to explore opportunities where I can make more and want to get into B2B selling.

Thanks for the heads up on this company. It was something I already felt in my gut that was not legit. I won't be wasting my time going to the interview next week!

Old 10-15-2008, 02:24 PM
Newbie Member

Wow, I could not agree with you more.

I've been unemployed within the past year due to becoming pregnant immediately after I was laid off of my job the very end of last year. The company went under.

I've worked over 10 years in sales roles for manufacturers,to project account managers, to just a flat out Online sales consultants for various products. I NEVER had to pay any one.

Today I drove to one of these lame interviews...surprised to see that "interviews" were done as a group setting vs. one on one. I was about to walk out of the door just then knowing this was one of those independent contracting business that you'd most likely had to pay for..and I SURE WISH I HAD! They had this pleasant group interview room, free tasty coffee, and a low budget projector set up to present all of their companies information in. Keep in mind this interview was held in the Portland Oregon office. I will not fear posting that on here. I could care less since there is no way they can come after me for posting this since it's only an honest and personal experience and all of us in America have freedom of speech, am I right or am I wrong?! Yes. We do.

Thus, I had to sit through a long speech of how awesome our company is, how much we pay you, how hard it is to become fired from this jobs [they joked and said you'd practically had to SHOOT SOME ONE TO GET FIRED? Um...no chuckling from me..]...yadda yadda...then they BRIEFLY skimmed over the fact that you had to pay a bond of $350 for the supplies of a breif case and the sales supplies inside of it. Once you reached your $6K in sales profit then you'd be able to receive that bond back in full. They said it was a guarantee. I asked if they had a very motivated sales person sitting right in front of them that they'd be excited to hire since they've had previous experience with performing, would they waive that fee?

No dice.

It's required for EVERY ONE. I had an older gentle man tell me that the fee was actually $600 when he first started out almost thirty years ago. He could not keep a straight eye-to-eye contact with me during our whole "personal one-on-one interview process" which to me is a huge sign some one is lying. I have a pretty good guess of people when it comes down to that.

I told him, as a sales person, you should be PAYING ME, to work for you, which NORMAL companies typically pay expenses outright for you, not you paying them to front that.

Just think about it! If they interview a certain amount of people per day, and charge everyone that $350 fee to see if they are hard core closers, who will even die for them as most chain sales-oriented companies can be like the food chain, they will do anything to get you to fork that up. The more people they interview the higher increase chances they are able to pocket that money. Think about it, it might be 1:4 ratio. Which means if they interview, lets say an average of 8 people per day for five days a week that equals 10 people listening to their speech and forking out a total of: $3500 a week to them!

How much do they get paid off of signin up people?

Did you ever think about that? Seriously, that's a potential of $17500 a month the company could pocket.

What is also the ratio of people whom of which do not complete their sales process to the full $6K in order to get their "deposit/bond" back? I'm guessing at least 50% of that one full month of interviewing. Now, do the math. $17500 divided by 50%= $8750!

Maybe that is where their getting the figures for the people who miracle up a generous salary for their company or agency?

For example, I kid you not. The guy today said a lady who has been working with them just picked up her check last week for the total of $17,000 for a sale that was x amount dollars....what kind of sales was it?

I stirr up so many questions. This scam really interests me the break down of it all. Maybe 60 seconds should take some thing like this on to get inside their pocket books to see what is really happening inside of there. Tell the others falling into this trap the real truth of it all.

I tell you what, for a legitimate company they would pay your expenses including internet specially if you worked independently fro them. I've worked for a contracted business whom paid my expenses 80%. It's only fair since not even taxes gives you that money back into your pocket!

I would suggest people who are looking for an actual career they want to stick with, do not enter their interview process. As we all know, time is money and money equals loss of your time or more time. I will not be doing their follow up interview. Not only because my husband has an important work date but also because they said, "heck you could even bring you kid in!" about the interview process. I threw my head back looking baffled, "to an interview??!" and he said, "well, we are all family oriented here" that is when I KNEW. I KNEW this is not legit at all. Who would allow you to bring your child to an interview then a daycare? I might be a woman, but hell....I'm smarter then that. I'm a working mother who has made just sly of a $100K income in sales before. Don't waste my time.

I should of found this site before.

Thank you everyone for reassuring me of this place being a scam.

As for the man above...do your research as well. How much is your profit loss vs. income potential? These places are equal to a leech. They suck you dry with nothing to give back but lies or false hope. Sales is not the same thing across the board but different products each time. Sales is a way to make a huge income potential as long as the company pays you not you paying them.

Go to another interview this company is not worth your time. It's a waste of your gas, time, and money. You might as well start your own company online. Heck, it reassured me that is what I'd rather do then work for a scam like this.

Think about it. Let us all do people favors--report careerbuilders.com job listings of this company when ever you come across it or have a request for a job interview from them.

I had another travel magazine company also attempt to offer me a job but they wanted a measly $30K to get started with a certain amount of published magazines to sell to local companies. Um, excuse me? I reported his company FAST. He was removed off of careerbuilder IMMEDIATELY.

Let us tell this to others. Spread the word. Blog, post on forums, heck even make a website about it. This is not legit!

Old 10-20-2008, 05:35 PM
I am new at Scam.com

This is "scamreporterCNN" I am one of the original authors that TekCollect is a SCAM...and i've read all the responses but want to speak directly to those who say it is not a scam or that "if you could really sell" you would not be crying. Let me set the record straight...I sold TCI for about four months, I was in the top 1% producers of the team i was hired with...I am a good sales person sold the product successfully...I did get my $350.00 back because i met my quota...all the other shmucks, suckers if you will, people with families, children lost that money...these people were not good sales people but were told they would be nurtured into good reps....but they were led down a dream and lost there money...

I'm not saying this is bad of TCI...TCI can not be responsible if sales reps can not sell and succeed...they gave them an opportunity and they failed. IF the company wants to charge a fee to join that is their business. I'm not knocking them for that...They can do whatever they want, i'm not knocking them for that...YOU CAN make money at this, only if you have no conscience! See, I brought on a lot of clients, TCI DID NOT PRODUCE AND COLLECT LIKE THEY SAY...THIS IS THE SCAM...IT'S A LIE...you show up at a clients door and you tell them give me 10% to collect your outstanding debt...say they write you a check on the spot for $2200 bucks....you get 30% of that...that's good money, you do that all week and you make some good cash....but your client is out $2200.00...they get screwed...the reason i quit is because they collected nothing for none of my clients...TCI uses you to do the dirty work...the managers sit back and get commissions off of your sales...your a dumb ass bird dog...they win...and all your clients lose...all of them...it's a scam...

HERE IS HOW the SCAM WORKS....Most contingent companies make you pay somewhere between 35-50% of collected debt...this means the client only pays if a debt is collected and it could be up to 50%...Say you have a $100,000 debt out there and a contingent company collects, you could pay up to $50,000 to the contingent company.

Now enter TCI. They are a Flat Fee company...this means on the front side first phase or primary phase as they call it you pay a flat fee up front, usually 10%...this is where the hook and scam is. Now, you are the client with the 100,000 dollar debt issue...what sounds more attractive, 35-50% or 10%...of course 10% sounds better...this is how you get in to make a presentation...Mr. Prospect, you only pay a flat fee of about 10% or $10,000 in this case....so they buy (bite)...but the scam is not done...the primary phase as they told me last about 90 days, after 90 days it is transferred with the clients approval to the "hard debtor" phase which means TCI if they collect they get 50%...this is where TCI wants to be...they don't give a shit about collecting money in the primary phase...they want to collect debt in the secondary hard core debtor phase because here is where they make real money...SO...you the client just wrote them a check for 10% or $10k...but after "x" amount of days they get you to send those accounts to the second phase...this is where TCI turns up the collection heat....they collect the 100k...they get now 50% or 50k...TCI made 10k plus 50k...they made a whapping 60,000 dollars or 60%! This is the scam...I've been to tom cahills home in Ohio...he is a millionaire i'm sure...it is a lavish beautiful home in Ohio...the man is successful by no doubts...a very rich man, but he and his company of scammers is ripping off hard working business owners out of their money...he says, we'll collect but they collected no money from my clients ... and i can only speak about my clients and my experience. It is a lie, but some reps don't mine taking money from honest hard working american businesses...then i'm no different from the debtors who don't pay their bills...I don't want to lie to my prospects...if you do that's your business.

Old 10-21-2008, 10:07 PM
I am new at Scam.com

First of all, this is my first time on this website, as I was reviewing some things about this particular company.

Obviously, many of you are skeptical about commission only positions and those that you have to pay a bonding fee to get employed. In most cases, yes this would be a red flag. Please allow me to share a story in regards to THIS company as compared to who I am now working for.

I recently applied for a job With Tek Collect and I did get a phone call and an email and even a letter in the mail for me to attend a session at a local office building in my area. I am not going to tell you what city I am as it will give away who I am if you try hard enough. The lady who was a District Manager was friendly, not aggressive and very informative, yet I was not told about anything upfront, but I was awar that several people would attend in a group session, then each peson would be given 8-10 minutes 1 on 1.

However, the day before I was supposed to go, I was hired as the actual Region Manager for a competitor for the entire Metro Area, where I will personally get to recruit, hire, train and promote General Agents to management positions under me directly. Now, I was recruited and I had to pay a much larger up front fee, BUT my compensation is much different, yet still all commission based and overrides on my agents.

I cannot speak for managers in other cities and how they run their operations. Many of them I am sure are misleading and do not help. however, my ENTIRE time I was fully aware of EVERYTHING up front and there were no secrets with my current company. UNLIKE TEK-Collect (I know becuase they recruited me for a regular sales job), when my company receives a resume that is deemed qualified, they will send them an email with a video link and a brochure link. They also will provide you the cell phone number (it will be mine now once I start running ads in my area) of the Region Manager to contact AFTER you have watched the Video presentation. We do this so that YOU the recruit are NOT blindsided at all in the process AND you know everything up front, yes including the bonding fee, which you can recoup most of it back with new sales.

You want to know who I represent? It's a company also based in Columbus Ohio called AmerAssist. Now let me tell you how they relate to Tek-Collect. The Chairman Emeretus of AA has been doing this for over 30 years and EVERYTHING he does he backs up and guarantees. He originally founded and ran NRC (later NCO) and sold it off many years ago. NCO recently shut down their outside sales force just a month ago and AA is now hiring a lot of these guys after 20+ years in the industry because they once worked for the AA founder when he ran NRC/NCO.

Now as far as it's relationship to Tek-Collect. Tek-Collect was once called "Collect-Tek" and the AA Chairman also owned that, BUT he gave it to his BROTHER to run as a gift while he ran several of his other businesses as well as AmerAssist. Tek Collect is a mess and has a lot of complaints and in many cases does not follow thru with what they promise---I personally asked that question of who they were when I was in my training school out of state.

Now, the reason their program works almost the same as AmerAssist is because it's the same structure, but with a little different numbers is all. However we do have a 100% guarantee WITH a minimum Return on investment (ROI) of 400%, this is once you have activated your last account do the guarantees kick in. What does this mean? Well, for example, if you buy 100 accounts in the "Plus" Service for $30 per account, you pay $3000. The more you buy (250, 500 or 1000) the less per account it is. Now, Plus level accounts range from $400-$999, thus paying $30/each is much less than 10%. Now, let's say EVERY one of your 100 accounts is $500---that's $50,000. With our 400% guarantee, we guarantee a client that we will collect AT LEAST $12,000 in the PRIMARY PHASE. Now, here's the kciker...i dont know if TK has this but in our PLUS & Executive LEVELS we give you a free replacement every time we do not collect an account in the primary phase---period. This means that if you buy 100 accounts, you WILL get 100 primary phase collections, even if you (the client) have to submit 133 accounts overall to get 100. Even if we collect in the SECONDARY PHASE, this does NOT count in your 100 accounts.

Because of the free replacement guarantees, if you have 100 accounts and EVERY ONE was exactly $500, then ultimately, YOU WILL receive $50,000 in PRIMARY phase collections, thus totally blowing out the 400% guarantee! The Basic Level of services are much less expensive, yet of course less services, yet still have the 400% ROI, but no free replacement program.

I don't want to offend anyone, but this job is NOT for everyone! It is HIGHLY recommended that you have a sales background, specifically in B to B sales, etc. I woud NOT hire someone that I would not think it would be good for just to get them in...to me that's NOT right, and this is why once I build my sales force, it will be done right!

The office setting that some of you refer to is a Regus Center, where many businesses operate out of because they are mostly in the field. Many Region and District Managers will set up shop in one of their local Regus Centers, but then rent out the small or large conference rooms for Recruiting sessions as well as the 2-day training schools.

Now yes it is true that the manager or trainer that takes a new rep out in the field is subject to a 50-50 split, BUT the account stays with the Rep. Now, the way I would personally do I, I would go out, help the Rep close the deal, give HIM/HER FULL CREDIT, and then I still get my % override anyway...these are just greedy managers and they wonder why reps fail. As the Region Manager, I have full reign on how I want to run things. My attitude is take care of my reps and I'll make more $$$ in overrides from their efforts instead of trying to squeeze everything out of them. Now if it's NOT me that is with them and it's a District Manager or Area Supervisor that helps them close the deal, because they make a lot less than I would overall, they would do the 50-50 split BUT the REP ALWAYS gets the account UNLESS he/she does absolutely nothing in the meeting.

You can make serious $$$ in this industry if you give full disclosure to your clients AND EXPLAIN IT CORRECTLY, as many reps that fail screw up the presentation, it's that simple! SOme people are not meant to be in sales (my wife included). I also pay my clients a 5% referral fee for any business that buys that they refer me to as a nice gesture...those that I know personally very well, then I work out my own deal and give them 10%. My goal is to work out a lot of trade association and medical biller full program endorsements thus my agents will be too busy just running around making easy sales with Association Membership endorsement---that's how the agents really make $$$!

I hope that I have explained enough, but if anyone wishes to talk to me privately about this industry, please comment below mine and leave me your email address in your posting. That way, I can email you privately. Again, I cannot speak about Tek Collect other than what I already know, but the key is to have the right Region Manager run a great operation and environment with sales background people who can present properly, work hard and most of all DO NOT EVER MISLEAD A CLIENT...that is my #1 instant firing if an agent is found to have mislead a client in my book. I hope that I have eased any reservations for some of you about my personal experiences, even though I myself am new to the industry---I'm busy already!

Old 10-21-2008, 10:27 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Oh, one thing I forgot to mention in my "Long" post! The reason why we FULLY DISCLOSE in our Video link & brochure Link email is so that everyone is fully aware of what to expect AND it weeds out people who are not serious about starting a career in this industry. For $350 ($250 refundable with AA), it shows a commitment from the prospect that you are serious. Those who are not serious will not ever pay the $350 bonding fee, thus the less people we as Region Managers need to go thru in our recruiting sessions, and making it a more pleasant experience for all those that do attend. Many people who apply with little to no sales background would not work out well in this position anyway. As far as having a salary or draw vs. commission, when you are a 1099, you are not an employee of the company. THere are MANY advantages to this, including being your own boss, work your own hours, being able to DEDUCT almost anything for business related expences (GET A CPA), and of course being able to put away almost $44,000/year in self-employment retirement, thus if you make big $$$, you can put a lot more away as compared to 401K maximums! Deductions include compter, internet, home/office phone bill, cell phone bill, mileage at 50.5-cents per mile, office products, business lunches, partical home office write offs--ask your CPA.

**There is an OLD saying...you can't get rich working for the man! This is because you don't get to take advantage of all of the tax laws and write offs that are out there, as well as incorporating yourself.

With AmerAssist if you make ONE SALE per week that is $3000, you'll make $39,000 + $6000 in car allowance bonuses, thus $45,000/yr for selling LESS THAN $160,000 in volume! This is with no taxes taken out as you have to do that on your own---but then factor out all your deductions that you are currently NOT getting working for someone else and this amount drops dramatically! Trust me, one year while working for myself in another industry, I got a $8000 REFUND from the Feds, and another one of $2500 from my state--all legitimate and done by a CPA.

How many sales jobs are going to pay you $45,000/yr. for selling ONLY $156,000??? HA! My last job working for someone else, I had a base of $35,000, and I made around $65,000 total BUT I sold $370,000 in actual volume, AND I got no tax breaks because I was NOT a 1099, thus I had to pay up front FED & State Taxes & FICA all up front, and not quarterly, and many times you may not have to pay anything quarterly based on your commissions minus all your deductions. Bottom line is, I probably made around $47,000-$48,000 total after taxes for selling $370,000 in volume!

Many people view a salary as a safety net (AKA my wife), but then people get lazy and don't produce, it's a fact! Whereas if you sell 100% commissions, you actually get paid a lot more than the traditional way of base + salary. I will also be PROMOTING reps to Area Supervisors & District Managers thus they will get paid a higher percentage of their own sales AND an override on reps under them.

Bottom Line is, we as a company do NOT throw out surprises like Tek Collect springing it all on you WHEN YOU GET THERE, you know it all up front with us! Me personally, I'll tell people the truth on what to expect and just how you get paid, period...that is how I run my show, so that no one can ever accuse me of not being forthright. My Region Manager bonding fee is a LOT MORE than $350---but I see and understand the program and how it works for me the rep/manager as well as from a client's perspective. Hope this helps!

Old 10-24-2008, 12:55 AM
Newbie Member

Well thanks for the long winded, ad nauseum recruiting pitch Mr. Regional Manager. Gee, why does everything you said remind me EXACTLY of what I was told by my RM at Tek-Collect?

Look, you can pour as much perfume on this pig of a job as you want, it's still a pig! The fact is...
  • It's a hard sell, PERIOD
  • It's an independent contractor position with NO benefits.
  • It's a 100% commission based job with no base to support you while you build your client base (assuming that you can ever build it)
  • It's cold calling, no matter how much spin you put on an alleged implied referral
  • Once again you are paying for the privilege of being hired. This crap about the "seriousness" of the recruit and "bonding" is absolute BS! If a company is "serious" THEY pay for an investment in their hired talent to sell their product, not the other way around.
Sorry, I'm not beating up my car at $3+ a gallon, pounding the pavement, and facing rejection after rejection, hurdle after hurdle to make YOU rich off of my efforts for a lousy $30K a year paycheck, and neither is any other sales professional who values their time, ability, and actual worth in the marketplace.

Save your sales pitch for your unsuspecting recruits at your pseudo office. This scam and your ilk who help perpetrate it have been exposed for what they are here. Deal with it!

Old 10-27-2008, 04:27 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Thanks Scams, I couldn't have said it better myself! You wrote exactly what I was thinking while reading this plug and recruit effort from Mr. Regional Manager!

Old 10-27-2008, 08:51 AM
I am new at Scam.com

The last two of you that posted are perfect examples of those that DO NOT belong in sales positions, and I wouldn't have wasted my time hiring either of you. This is why we send out video links and brochure links so that you know everything up front.

There are all sorts of businesses out there that do require bonding fees so that you can be protected in the event you or your company is sued for whatever reason...that is why it is called a bonding fee.

If you were in the Top 1%---which I seriously doubt, otherwise you would've made a lot of money, then why did you quit?

What sales jobs out there just give you tons of accounts to work without ever putting any effort to it? Sounds like most of you just want to be spoon fed, and not put in the effort.

Like I said earlier, this job is not for everyone, and if you ever really worked a sales job before in ANY industry, "No" is a coment that you experience MOST of the time...that is why it is called a SALES JOB and why pay is so good to those that produce.

If you were selling a product that EVERYBODY wanted and needed, then WHY would you need SALES PEOPLE? Those people are called "ORDER TAKERS" and are paid like order takers, so if that's what you are looking for, then go ahead and take orders and get paid your $10/hour.

We don't need people that work the job for a week or a month, or just 4 months, and then give up---bottom line is, it's not for you and neither is sales. Just ORDER TAKING.

Old 10-27-2008, 11:50 PM
Newbie Member

First off, despite all your spin you still can't refute anything we've said here. Funny how the truth works that way, huh?

Second, you are nobody to tell anyone else who is qualified to be in sales or not by the criteria of your high turnover, independent contractor job, period. We were there and we cut our losses and got out. That's called common sense.

The fact is I'm a successful salesman for a company right now. I work warm and cold leads, and I book and close people all day long, and for a service that costs more than the vast majority of your collection programs. The difference is I'm being paid (read carefully) ---> a "SALARY" plus commission plus benefits for my time and my effort, and I'm not beating up my car or spending my money to bird dog a market and bring the company business. Oh, and I didn't have to pay a bond or any other ludicrous fee to get hired either. Got that?

Like I said, you can try to pour all the perfume you want to on your pig of a job, but it's still a pig. The turnover of sales reps in your industry is beyond alarming, and you can't deny that either. Therefore, given that fact one of the following must be true:

1) You and all your Regional Manager ilk in this industry are very poor judges of talent.

or

2) The job sucks, and the reps figure that out in short order and quit.

Now, which scenario infinitely more likely? I dare you to answer that question.

What you don't like is the truth about your so-called "high income potential" sales careers in this industry has been exposed for the shallow lie that it is. Those who have taken the time to learn the facts at this thread are now thoroughly informed of what they're getting into, which makes your next impersonal group interview for recruits at your rented faux office that much more difficult of a sale for YOU.

Oh well, go get 'em Mr. Zig "Top 1%" Ziglar! By all means don't let the facts and the truth get in the way of your sales. After all, that's what they pay you for, right? Here's hoping you're "taking orders" for a living at McDonalds by this time next year.

Last edited by ScamReporterVV : 10-28-2008 at 12:02 AM.

Old 10-29-2008, 10:30 AM
Newbie Member

tell me what can i do it

Old 11-03-2008, 04:07 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Mr. Bigred, you have NO idea what you're talking about. You don't know me or what I'm capable of doing in sales. I am very successful in my sales job, top 10%, earn my incentive trips every year and reach sales goals every year. I am not an order taker, which btw you are truly misinformed on that. Pharma reps are order takers and they earn a 6 figure income. A far cry from $10 an hour. I am an insurance agent and I do pay my companies to be appointed with them, but it's only about $5, 10, 15. NOT $300 or more.

I'm done with your ignorance and this thred. It is what it is.

Old 11-03-2008, 08:47 PM
Newbie Member

Thanks for the update. I have an interview with them Wednesday this week. After reading your post, I think I'll just be a no-show.

DWBASNM (Don't Wanna Be A Sucka No More)