report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2008, 12:49 AM
I am new at Scam.com

inventorysource.com

inventorysource.com are they worth the money to join? are they a scam?

Old 05-22-2009, 03:15 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: inventorysource.com

http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=50044&page=1&pp=50

There is one recommendation just from this site. Inventory Source is great. You can view ALL supplier programs with 0 cost and 0 risk. It is not like those sites that say 7 day free trial and then charge you before you can cancel...the free trial at Inventory Source is ALWAYS free...no end date. You can add data services at any time, but just for being a member or finding a trusted wholesale supplier that you want to work with...this has always been a free service offered by inventorysource.com. You can also use IS as your plug-in IT department or supply chain management service.

IS is not a middle man scam site like other sites listed here. You can see how much those types of sites cost you with the IS calculator:
[link removed by mod]

Last edited by No_Moron_Here : 05-22-2009 at 03:31 PM.

Old 06-01-2009, 02:51 AM
Inoue Chiaki

I am not too sure. But I have do a search on internet and found this link. You can check it out.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...8143141AAWIdag

Old 08-30-2009, 11:25 AM
I am new at Scam.com

not at all!!
i am listin gon amazon and ebay BOTH using their services and all i can say is THEY ARE GREAT!!! and the services are cheap as compared to doba, NS etc..

Old 08-30-2009, 03:04 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru1234 View Post
not at all!!
i am listin gon amazon and ebay BOTH using their services and all i can say is THEY ARE GREAT!!! and the services are cheap as compared to doba, NS etc..
Then let the North Carolina BBB know: they think Inventory Source is out of business
NC BBB on Inventory Source

Inventory Source Home

Old 08-31-2009, 01:28 AM
Information is Power

I am not familiar with them. But I do see one red flag. There is no easy way to contact them on the site. Any time I am going to give someone money and I don't see a phone number to call if I have any issues I become hesitant.

Old 08-31-2009, 10:17 AM
I am new at Scam.com

i saw the bbb link.. i dunno since they moved to Jacksonville from NC cud be the reason..

i think whosoever is in doubt shud check the website of inventory source and see it for themselves.. i support it and i like it

Old 08-31-2009, 10:18 AM
I am new at Scam.com

and they have a no. to call!! its on the top right of the website.. their support is nice.. and they dont charge extra for support.. unlike cnet, doba and others.. :)

Old 08-31-2009, 12:45 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Terrible company. All off-shore support that is very hard to get a hold of. Nothing is easy with them except paying the bill each month. I recently signed up for the automation service and they completely hosed up my online store and created about 22 hours of cleanup programming for us. They refused to accept responsibility for the issue but Yahoo provided me with the userid (InventorySource) that completed the last database update which created the problems. Support is very difficult to understand if and when they do call you -- they like to do everything through email.

Sometimes if it sounds too good and easy to be true I guess it is. If you're just looking for catalog downloads they seem to be OK but I wouldn't give them access to your store.

Stay away from InventorySource.com is my opinion. I heard they are owned by DOBA which is another terrible company.

Good luck.

Old 08-31-2009, 12:46 PM
I am new at Scam.com

There is no way this company is based in North Carolina...most of the calls I got came from India.

Old 09-09-2009, 03:13 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Just a note to folks who doubt the legitimacy and integrity of Inventory Source: I have been a regular client for more than a year now with them, and they are a legitimate company that uses some IT support from India (so what? who doesn't?), and I have personally worked with the IS owner on issues that have arisen on my store (also a Yahoo Store) and have had nothing but pleasant and competent IT folks helping me with my store. I have over 40,000 products in my Yahoo store, and IS manages my inventory for those products very well. You can check my site if you like for reassurance: [link removed by mod]. I wouldn't trade this service for any of the other ones out there, and I dumped Doba after a week! They're fine, just be patient with Indian accents and adjust your thinking to the global workforce we now have in this country and everywhere.

Jo Hannah *****, Site Owner and VP, ****** Home Services, Inc., a registered Florida corporation with successful Inventory Source outsourcing.

Last edited by No_Moron_Here : 09-09-2009 at 04:21 PM. Reason: remove link

Old 09-11-2009, 12:17 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I have been an active InventorySource customer for close to 7 years now, and they are in fact a legitimate company. Anyone can register for a free account. After you sign into your account there is a toll free number on the right hand side of the page that you can call for questions.

The Inventory Source Support Team is located in India; however they are NOT hard to get a hold of, nor are they hard to understand. I have utilized their Support Team many times for website changes, design changes, custom file creations, etc. Communicating with them is easy. When I conversed with them over the design and development phases of our website project there were TONS of e-mails between Inventory Source and my company. We never had problems understanding them. They also resolved our issues in a very timely manner and never left us hanging with unresolved issues.

No matter how many e-mails I sent to their Support Team they were always happy to help me. They are extremely friendly and pleasant people to work with. I have also received replies from them on the weekends and in some cases late in the evening. To me, this demonstrates a very high level of service. Many companies will only answer you during business hours. It’s nice to know that Inventory Source is going the extra mile to respond outside of normal business hours. Recognize the fact that they want to help you! Show some respect and be patient instead of coming here and posting things that are untrue.

And for the user above (“wimac75”) who states InventorySource likes to do “everything” through e-mail……what they are saying is that if you have any support issues, problems, questions, etc. YOU need to contact their Support Team by sending an e-mail to support [at] inventorysource.com. Support issues cannot usually be resolved over the phone because it takes time for them to look into the issue and correct it. Again, my issues were resolved in a very timely manner; I waited no more than a day or two. The turnaround time for support is very good. Just be patient and send them an e-mail and they will take care of you. Not to mention, it’s a lot easier to track e-mails instead of phone calls.

I use their Automation Service for my Yahoo! Store and my osCommerce Store to keep my products updated for YEARS! They even had access to my Yahoo! Store and they never caused me any problems.

Inventory Source is the data service provider for MANY reputable companies. A lot of people know who they are even large reputable companies.

I highly recommend InventorySource to anyone. Take a look at the site which Inventory Source designed for us:

Last edited by Blue Crab of PAIN!!! : 03-30-2010 at 11:30 AM.

Old 11-05-2009, 08:44 AM
Newbie Member

The value of a site like this one is that it can protect users from real scam sites and fake services. This in NO way applies to InventorySource.com To be very clear with the free account access you can view all details from the product data and content captured, guides, instructional support, supplier contacts and supplier program details, etc. Unlike other sites the reseller will still have their OWN account with the supplier for orders. There is absolutely NO way for Inventory Source to add hidden markups or take money from any of your sales. In fact we provide a free
"Middle Man Calculator" to show how much scam sites and middle man sites really cost you. IS captures the data from your supplier, formats it for your site or market place and provides the automation service or custom feed per your need for this data. We act like your plug in IT Department or Supply Chain Management service. We do not pretend to be the source of the products, and we help the reseller to get an account if needed with the suppliers directly.

Several of the comments above from existing members seems to have provided some clarification as to how we work. To respond to a few of the questions and false statements made above:
1- As for the BBB we are still an active member and have been for almost 10 years. We relocated our US office from Charlotte, NC to Jacksonville, FL recently. During the transition the NC BBB account was closed and the FL chapter affiliation was opened.
2- Our contact details are fully displayed once you log into your free account and are also emailed when you register as a free member.
3- A comment was falsely made about a connection to Doba. This is 100% false. We are a privately owned LLC and after 0% ownership from any secondary companies. We have 0% involvement or connection to companies like Doba. We provide no services for them. They provide no services for us. And to be very clear we share no resources, ownership, services, referals, etc....there is no connection to Doba, and we always recommmend that our resellers work with suppliers directly for their product sources and not through 3rd party services.
4- Yahoo Store Updates- For users who have a Yahoo Store platform we provide them with the bulk import product files and detailed instructions in the IS account for how to upload the products. We use the user ID "inventorysource" to find the SKU and update price, quantity, and status and then publish the change. It is not possible with the Yahoo Store structure to add products or change database fields. That is just the design of the Yahoo Store platform. The update will run on the site and publish any unpublished changes after the updates run. The errors reported by Wimac75 would have occured if any unpublished data was left on the site. Also, the client confirmed after the updates ran that they changed the format for where they loaded title and sku in their database tables and confirmed that they had not uploaded the Yahoo Store files provided in the default Yahoo Store format. The same process that ran on Wimac75's site runs on all other Yahoo Store users without issue. When a user follows the steps for the integration and uploads the Yahoo Store files provided before the update runs it will also allow the user to clear out any unneeded data that they have left in their store and ensure their Yahoo Store format matches the Yahoo Store file.
5- We do not have an outsourced call center. We have our own employees in both our Indian office and in our US office. Both locations are used to service accounts and respond to client questions. Wimac75 also delt with employees from both locations, including myself. We provide free phone and email support for our users on the automation services, ecommerce platform questions, marketing, drop ship, etc. We do not have a preference for phone or email support, but it is quicker for us to respond via email, because some client calls and questions by phone can take 30mins or more since there are not many outside resouces to help them by phone when getting started in ecommerce.

To summarize, Inventory Source has been providing data solutions for drop ship resellers for years now. We have helped many companies get started with drop ship and grow and our proud of our recoord. Our services continue to be recommended by platforms from eBay ProStores to CRE Loaded and from the suppliers directly. There are many, many scams and poor services in the drop ship segment and our employees have always taken price in being able to help our members avoid these traps and find real solutions that match their needs.
-Andrew

Old 03-20-2010, 01:23 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazytupper View Post
inventorysource.com are they worth the money to join? are they a scam?

I think the best way to judge them is to read their terms of service and compare that information to what they say on their site.

Registration is apparently free and there are some free services. The fine print says there will be fees imposed. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any specific information regarding what these fees are for or how much they are. As a businessman, I need to know that info or I can't plan my business very well. I have no clue how much in fees I will pay--so for that reason I have shied away from inventorysource. Lack of specific information is always a deal breaker for me. I can't say they are a scam, since I never tried them, but scams have a tendancy to withhold information--that's how they trick you.

Old 03-22-2010, 04:29 AM
Newbie Member

"Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be any specific information regarding what these fees are for or how much they are."
--We list the price and service details externally in our FAQ section. Also, you can register for the free account (life time free...not just some 7 day trial, etc). When we say "FREE" we mean it is free and there is no cost for the free account. When you create the account with simply an email ID as the required field you get access to the internal site which has all of the costs and service details. We also send you a service and price summary documentation and provide a self-assessment to recommend the best service for you. There are a variety of different services that we provide. Download accounts start at $25/month and then discount down to $15 for each additional supplier subscription. Full inventory automation users start at $50/month and discount down to $30 for additional supplier automation services and all services are cancel at any time. If you have a question on any of our services or prices JUST ASK US. We also recommend that you tell us a little bit more about what you do online or what type of needs you have so our drop ship consultants can recommend the best service for your specific needs.

Inventory Source is here to help. Again, besides the prices and service details listed on our external account, the free account registration provides more details to our services and solutions that we offer and all prices, etc....but thank you for your thoughts. We will add more details in an easier to read format on our external site as well this week to ensure there are no questions about the services we provide or our costs.

Old 03-30-2010, 09:54 AM
I am new at Scam.com

If it's free, why do they need my credit card info? I certainly wouldn't send them an order for something until I had received the money for the purchase from the customer.
From something I read, I got the idea that IS wants to collect the money from the customer?

Old 04-05-2010, 04:47 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beckyj4 View Post
If it's free, why do they need my credit card info? I certainly wouldn't send them an order for something until I had received the money for the purchase from the customer.
From something I read, I got the idea that IS wants to collect the money from the customer?
Questions on our service would be best sent to our support desk for details and not 3rd party sites like this.

To respond to this question:
1- We do NOT require your card details unless you want to add a data service. We have a free account and we also have optional paid services.
2- We do NOT collect any payments from our members' customers in any way.
3- You do not send us payments for your orders. Unlike scam sites, we help you work directly with the wholesale supplier. You pay your supplier directly when you have an order. The optional services that we provide are a monthly data service for customizing the product data feed into a format you can use for your platform like Magento, eBay Prostores, Yahoo Stores, osCommerce, etc or for marketplaces like Amazon, Price Grabber, eBay, Shopzilla, Nextag, etc We act like your plug-in IT Department or supply chain service managing the data between your supplier source and your product listings with automated product loading services, custom feed tools, custom price setting options, and price, quantity, and status updates each day.
4- There is NO request for the card details during the registration process for the free account. As noted on our site we have the option to also verify your account with a card. Again, there is no charge for this. Many of the wholesale suppliers do not want their prices published online without any verification step or identifier of who is looking at their wholesale prices and require a verification step of us for our members looking for additional program details. We use the card as the verification/identifier rather then a SSN, Tax ID, credit check, etc since we have no other use for these details. The card used in the verification process can be removed or changed at any time. Once verified the user has additional access to the product details and cost values as well as additional program details on each supplier including the steps for creating an account with them. Later if an optional data service is added by the member to their account the card on file can be used at that time for their subscription service.

Again, if there are questions about our service, please feel free to send them to us directly so we can provide you with any details you need.

Thanks

Old 04-05-2010, 08:34 AM
Bean Sidhe of the Duannan

Quote:
Questions on our service would be best sent to our support desk for details and not 3rd party sites like this.
Or you could put these questions and answers in a 'Frequently Asked Question' section on your website.

Quote:
The card used in the verification process can be removed or changed at any time.
And the directions on how to do that are on the website where?

Found a romance scammer? Post the information over at RomanceScam.com