report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Work at Home Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2008, 01:47 AM
Newbie Member

"Get Paid To Watch Movie Previews"

Hi,I am new to this site. I recently got scammed by two survey sites. Both of these sites said they offered, "get paid to watch movie previews." If it's ok, I would like to provide the names of these sites. The first is called, "PaidSurveysEtc." The second is called "ExpessPaidSurveys."

Neither of these sites offered what they claimed. Of course, when I asked for my refund, I never heard from them again.

I really am hoping to find a legitimate site where I will get paid the $4.00 or $5.00 for watching thw trailers. Many sites like the previously mentioned claim you can make from $4.00 to $25.00 per hour to watch trailers. I'm sure because of the rediculous earning of $25.00 per hour, they are all full of Bologny. Thank You For any help! Sincerely Yours, C.

Bookmark and Share

Old 04-03-2008, 01:38 PM
Wheres my Spam? Ask your friendly neighborhood moderator.. ME

Re: "Get Paid To Watch Movie Previews"

I've been taking surveys for over 4 years now but can't think of any sites that pay for watching trailers.. It's much more common to have to sit through an idea for a commercial than a movie.

Now there ARE a couple of mystery shopping companies that have movie shops and sometimes THOSE consist of just having to watch the trailers but you actually go to the theater..

Old 04-03-2008, 04:02 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiescorner View Post
I've been taking surveys for over 4 years now but can't think of any sites that pay for watching trailers.. It's much more common to have to sit through an idea for a commercial than a movie.
I remember I watched movie trailer surveys from GoZing, I think other sites as well but I couldn't remember which ones..But I don't take GoZing's surveys anymore since they have become part of greenfield.

Old 04-03-2008, 06:12 PM

That's when I quit gozing too...

Old 04-04-2008, 03:27 AM
Newbie Member

Thank you for your help. Katie, you said something about a mystery shopping thing. Can you please recommend an honest program?

Also, both of you guys don't like Greenfields. If you don't mind sharing why you don't like them, you will be helping me. I just signed up with them, and if have a heads up for me, It will certainly be appreciated! thanks again!

Old 04-04-2008, 01:34 PM

Greenfield IS legitimate and they do pay. However their surveys are tediously long (even the screeners) and they take forever to pay.

There is a huge list of mystery shopping companies on my site and the schedulers have been posting jobs on my message board as well. You can use it or you can go to http://www.mysteryshop.org/index-na.php to learn all about mysteryshopping and search for assignments once you are signed up with the shopping companies as well.

Old 04-05-2008, 03:45 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rythmmkr View Post
Thank you for your help. Katie, you said something about a mystery shopping thing. Can you please recommend an honest program?

Also, both of you guys don't like Greenfields. If you don't mind sharing why you don't like them, you will be helping me. I just signed up with them, and if have a heads up for me, It will certainly be appreciated! thanks again!
The problem with Greenfield online is that many of their surveys I have no idea what the survey is about, how much it pays, how long it takes, I just delete those emails. But I still do their interactive survey/focus groups though.

Regarding mystery shoppings, besides the site Katie suggested, I have seen mystery shopping companies posting jobs on work at home message boards, such as Katie's and wahm...Good luck!

Old 04-06-2008, 01:34 AM
Newbie Member

Thank you again for helpful replies. Have an awesome day!:wave:

Old 09-23-2008, 04:41 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Hi katie... I have been trying to earn some extra cash thro' paid survey... I signed up in few sites like globaltestmarket,acop.com etc but i have not received a single mail from any of these sites yet..It has been almost a week.. Will it take such a long time?? Or am i doing anything wrong??

Old 09-23-2008, 06:52 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Hi katie i wanted to earn some extra cash thro paid surveys so i joined few sites like globaltestmarket, acop etc... I have joined upto 5 -6 sites but i have not received a single mail till date.. Does it take such a long time or am i doing something wrong? I live in india, do u think that might be the problem... please help me out!! Thanx

Old 07-31-2009, 06:27 PM
I am new at Scam.com

[quote]
Hi. I am responding to the Mystery Shopping part of your email that your thread arrived at.

I belonged to mysteryshoppers.com and did a few mystery shops. Firstly, please note you don't make any money from doing it as it costs you more in time and sometimes expenses which deletes any money they might send you. They do send the money. The reports required to complete the Mystery Shop are usually very extensive which is more time.

However, the 2 reasons I am writing you is:

1. Through MS I was offered a job. It seemed like a credible job with a legitimate website and so on. I had to open an account with Yahoo so we could communicate directly with the business owner and myself. Remember this was all through MS. Well, by the time all was said and done and I missing $2,500 that I got scammed for by the business owner. MS said that they had no control on the type of businesses that use their services and offer work to MS clientele. So be aware.

2. The other reason I am contacting you; is people look for out of country (United States) postings like yours. Usually the post does not say they are out of country like yours did (India) they can tell by the broken English or grammatical construction of the sentences. They then offer you employment at a ridicules pay rate and then resell your talents at much higher fees to other Companies, pocketing the difference. Just thought you should know.

Before signing up with a Company, ask for their website - check it out on Alexa.com, WhoIs.com and also the Affiliate Forum.com.

Hope this helps.

Darlene