report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Chat Here
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2008, 06:27 PM
Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work...

Re: How will the human race end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spamma Scammer View Post
We may end on this planet with a large bang, but i think our conscienceness will go on for eternity!!!

One way I have heard it stated which may be the most accurate is that out individual "intelligence" survives.
That is, without a body, as well. However, somewhere in the future, another body? Who knows? Anything is possible. I think perhaps not of this Planet and not of this form which we presently are familiar with. We refer to it as "human".
By the way, what do you think of this idea?: It seems logical that something, anything, CANNOT come from NOTHING, therefore, since we are her now, we must have been before we came here. Does that make sense? Some people say: "we were with God". That is another one of those "blind alley answers that just serves to leave one scratching their head!
Otherwise, we must have come from "nothingness" which seems impossible. And I don't mean as we are here now, in human form, we were NOT necessarily in that form before.
Interesting to think about. There again, there's no proof of anything or circumstance, in ANY regard. Besides, it doesn't really matter, as what is, IS! We know NOW; the PRESENT [we refer to it' and that is all. That is besides our creating our own reality and believing that it has substance.

Last edited by coontie : 10-26-2008 at 07:35 PM.

Old 10-26-2008, 06:32 PM
U.S.A. #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by coontie View Post
One way I have heard it stated which may be the most accurate is that out individual "intelligence" survives.
That is, without a body, as well. HOwever, somewhere in the future, another body? Who knows? Anything is possible. I think perhaps not of this Planet and not of this form which we presently are familiar with. We refer to it as "human".
By the way, what do you think of this idea?: It seems logal that something, anything, cannot come from NOTHING, therefore, since we are her now, we must have been before we cam here. Does that make sense?
Otherwise, we must have come from "nothingness" which seems impossible. And I don't mean as we are here now, in human form, we wre NOT necessarily in that form before.
Interesting to think about. There again, there's no proff of anything or circumstance, in ANY regard. BEsides, it doesn't really matter, as what is, is. We know now and that is all. THat is besides our creating our own reality and believing that it has substance.
good point. But didn't we come from nothing and won't we return to nothing as long as we believe that to be true? And of course no other plausible explaination is availale. and I really don't know what the heck I am talking about.

Old 10-26-2008, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
good point. But didn't we come from nothing and won't we return to nothing as long as we believe that to be true? And of course no other plausible explaination is availale. and I really don't know what the heck I am talking about.
yeah Jim, 'ya got me sratching my old nogging trying to figure out 'ur point?
Have you, yet?

Old 10-27-2008, 02:04 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazza View Post
Perhaps, but we don't need whales and we do our best to save them. We try to save the monkeys and the gorillas and preserve their natural habitat. Sure they're in poor shape right now but that's been a side-effect of our industrialization, we never set out to exterminate our less-intelligent ancestors.
That's because we as humans have a conscience. AI would likely not. Or have an obscure one.

Old 10-27-2008, 02:05 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Stop smokin with the hippies next door man! Or at least send some this way. hehehehe

Old 10-27-2008, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Perhaps, but we don't need whales and we do our best to save them. We try to save the monkeys and the gorillas and preserve their natural habitat. Sure they're in poor shape right now but that's been a side-effect of our industrialization, we never set out to exterminate our less-intelligent ancestors.
That is one of the primary problems where humans are involved; the arrogance of thinking tha we have the "natural authority" in making decisions in regard to "what life is needed" and how we see out effect on the planet as merely incidental and of no serious content [the majority of us, at least. Some think otherwise] My feeling is that we really have no right nor are we qualified to make these deteminations because we still sorely lack insight into the "connected-effect' that ALL living creatures has in the entire life circumstance of the planet.
One thought I have in this regard is that there must be a need for virtually ALL creatures, otherwise, they wouldn't be here.
I think that humans should take on a more Benign attitude in regard to our role here and our attitude that we are supreme and lord it over all other things. Mostly as we see ourselves as the most superior beings here. Which I think is a mistake.
Problem with such mistkes is, that when they have been taken too far, some line is crossed, so to speak and now the consequences are undesirable and irreversible.
I continue to maintain that when this poinst is reached by humans, the Planet, in its own way will just destroy us and rid itself of such harmful beings. Perhaps not entirely, but decimated in great enough numbers to where whomever is left will have serious reasons to reflect upon human activity and perhaps relent from the same in the future.
However, this is doubtful, as human arrogance and the idea of our "superior intelligence" blinds us to the oncoming consequences of our actions. We, in the majority, are a species that pushes something, or some thing/s to the point where we "red line" or approach the destruction point and s perpatrated wherein all out calamity and destruction results.
Eventually, our "lick" will run out...

Old 10-27-2008, 01:32 PM
U.S.A. #1

Quote:
That is one of the primary problems where humans are involved; the arrogance of thinking tha we have the "natural authority" in making decisions in regard to "what life is needed" and how we see out effect on the planet as merely incidental and of no serious content [the majority of us, at least. Some think otherwise] My feeling is that we really have no right nor are we qualified to make these deteminations because we still sorely lack insight into the "connected-effect' that ALL living creatures has in the entire life circumstance of the planet.
One thought I have in this regard is that there must be a need for virtually ALL creatures, otherwise, they wouldn't be here.
I think that humans should take on a more Benign attitude in regard to our role here and our attitude that we are supreme and lord it over all other things. Mostly as we see ourselves as the most superior beings here. Which I think is a mistake.
Problem with such mistkes is, that when they have been taken too far, some line is crossed, so to speak and now the consequences are undesirable and irreversible.
I continue to maintain that when this poinst is reached by humans, the Planet, in its own way will just destroy us and rid itself of such harmful beings. Perhaps not entirely, but decimated in great enough numbers to where whomever is left will have serious reasons to reflect upon human activity and perhaps relent from the same in the future.
However, this is doubtful, as human arrogance and the idea of our "superior intelligence" blinds us to the oncoming consequences of our actions. We, in the majority, are a species that pushes something, or some thing/s to the point where we "red line" or approach the destruction point and s perpatrated wherein all out calamity and destruction results.
Eventually, our "lick" will run out...
Seems like old T-Rex once thought that he was supreme to. But his "lick" also ran out. And who is to say that it can't or wont happen again. There could be a really big one with our name on it headed our way right now and just out of sight. We could very well become the next "extinct Dinosaur".

Old 10-27-2008, 03:15 PM
ɹǝpun uʍop

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinahound View Post
That's because we as humans have a conscience. AI would likely not. Or have an obscure one.
Perhaps, but perhaps not. If the AI were designed in our image then I don't see any reason why it would not gravitate towards the same sort of conscience. It would not see any reason to eliminate us.

In fact, I wonder if it would even worry about dying. The reason we don't want to die is because evolution has programmed us with the desire to pass on our genes to the next generation. AI wouldn't have that desire so unless we programmed it specifically to avoid death then maybe it wouldn't really care.

Old 10-27-2008, 03:39 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Perhaps, but perhaps not. If the AI were designed in our image then I don't see any reason why it would not gravitate towards the same sort of conscience. It would not see any reason to eliminate us.

In fact, I wonder if it would even worry about dying. The reason we don't want to die is because evolution has programmed us with the desire to pass on our genes to the next generation. AI wouldn't have that desire so unless we programmed it specifically to avoid death then maybe it wouldn't really care.
I don't see how you could program it to lean toward a conscience. That would involve it having some sort of emotions. And if it has emotions, it can get pissed and remove the conscience from others. Or, if it is emotionless and anything like some computers I've known, it can certainly get a processer crossed and go nuts.

Old 10-27-2008, 03:49 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
I don't see how you could program it to lean toward a conscience. That would involve it having some sort of emotions. And if it has emotions, it can get pissed and remove the conscience from others. Or, if it is emotionless and anything like some computers I've known, it can certainly get a processer crossed and go nuts.
It would seem that I am going to watch the movie Blade runner again. I think that is movie. The one with Harrison Ford. It seemed to deal with some of the AI issues. Near as I can remember when the AI got to the point where they were surpassing us, we got nervous. The Matrix seemed to echo some of these themes.

Old 10-27-2008, 05:03 PM
ɹǝpun uʍop

Quote:
Maybe...

But then remember that as far as we can tell our brains are nothing more than a computer anyway, and we don't do any of those things. It's possible that we could create an AI that was exactly like a human in every single way. All of it's chips could be wired together to form something that behaves just like a human brain.

Old 10-27-2008, 05:13 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Maybe...

But then remember that as far as we can tell our brains are nothing more than a computer anyway, and we don't do any of those things. It's possible that we could create an AI that was exactly like a human in every single way. All of it's chips could be wired together to form something that behaves just like a human brain.
I don't think we could stop there. Though that day is way off in the future , or is it?

Old 10-27-2008, 05:38 PM
ɹǝpun uʍop

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdy View Post
I don't think we could stop there. Though that day is way off in the future , or is it?
Not too far. There's a really cool project going on that is based on the creating hardwired connections in a computer that mimic the human brain. Unfortunately I can't find it on google right now, I'm sure it will pop up again in my news reader in the near future.

In the mean time....

http://www.elbot.com/

Old 10-27-2008, 06:01 PM
U.S.A. #1

Quote:
Not too far. There's a really cool project going on that is based on the creating hardwired connections in a computer that mimic the human brain. Unfortunately I can't find it on google right now, I'm sure it will pop up again in my news reader in the near future.

In the mean time....

http://www.elbot.com/
Well they can have mine. I don't use it much anymore.

Old 10-27-2008, 06:04 PM
Most Valued Platinum Member

Quote:
I'm not bothered or concerned, but thanks anyhow for the "heads up". Paladine, in my opinion is one of the better posters on here that demonstrates they have substance.
I think you do as well.
Namaste!
have substance!?what is the basis/makeup of the so called substance!?wouldn't be pixie dust now would it!?but if we break the word up we see that it means to be standing in a sub position,under,possibly supporting!?foundational/fundamental in some way!?we usual think of it as "material" in nature there's nothing in human terms to make that necessary!?in fact it seems to indicate what would be called "real" and eternal as far as we can determine!?or that you can basically count on it as it would relate to a starting point to judge all other things of mind/experience/sense!? hehe!!.....just askn....

Last edited by lexx : 10-27-2008 at 06:34 PM.

Old 10-27-2008, 06:08 PM
U.S.A. #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexx View Post
have substance!?what is the basis/makeup of the so called substance!?wouldn't be pixie dust now would it!? hehe!!.....just askn....
possibly intellegence

Old 10-27-2008, 06:26 PM

intelligence!?is it an ability!?or a function!?i can understand "in" and "tell" but the gence has got me flustered!?is it a "gene" fence!?inner telling affects/is your genes!?and all tellings are fenced into their own habitat/origin!?so while it may be fine to visit the different corals of the phsyche,if you go in and shut the gate behind you you,you find then there is no way out!?but of course that only happens after you become aware that you ever entered a corral!?"man's gotta know his limitations"!? hehe!!.....just askn....

Last edited by lexx : 10-27-2008 at 06:41 PM.

Old 10-27-2008, 06:49 PM

Quote:
That is easy to prove. You were born, you are living and you will die. So you have a beginning and an end. Even the bible has a beginning which is the first word and an ending which is the last word. So once again you lose. You can never silence the voice of reason.
colt 45 says your wrong!?....either 1!?better yet,.....both together!? hehe!!......just askn...