report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Chat Here
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2008, 01:03 PM
Platinum Member

Re: How will the human race end?

Quote:
OH, How I Hate You!
http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...f+hate&spell=1

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...G=Search&meta=

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...G=Search&meta=

LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The internet is the last light of truth and hope...it is truly of the people, by the people and for the people. We must not let it be subverted for any purpose other than the truth. And that truth shall spread to every man woman and child across the globe. No longer will those in power carry the sole means to decide for us, yet we now shall have the power to decide to tune them out.

Old 04-05-2008, 08:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
When I say "our" it is in reference to the standards that "our", yours and mine that is, society uses as a measurement of time to start and end the day with. And that is accepted world wide by all countries.
Well in that case, think of the existence of the Human Race as a day. Now, does everybody's day in the world finish at the exact same time??? Mmm, well back to the end of the Human Race, with the big 2012 changes looming, i have come to the conclusion with vast research that Mankind will be on the brink of destroying itself. And it will take alien intervention to save us. This sounds very far fetched even to me, but i can understand why this would happen. We are one conscienceness, even with the rest of the Universe, anything from here on in is possible. But i think our race will be around for a very long time. That doesnt mean everybody! There will be great losses of life all over the world. That will be out of control of our corrupt governments.
Its time for us as a race to start thinking together, and not leaving our fate in the hands of the minority elite!!!

Peace out!

Old 04-06-2008, 02:57 PM
is a person

How will the human race end?

when they reach the finish line
"Believe nothing just because a so-called wise person said it. Believe nothing just because a belief is generally held. Believe nothing just because it is said in ancient books. Believe nothing just because it is said to be of divine origin. Believe nothing just because someone else believes it. Believe only what you yourself test and judge to be true."

Old 10-25-2008, 10:39 AM
Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work...

Here's a "Golden Oldie" by Paladine - wonder where "tthey" ae at these days. Oh, well, will "stick their head in here" when the time is appropriate.. Always interesting material - thanks!

Old 10-25-2008, 10:43 AM
Banned

Signed: AXJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladine View Post
OH, How I Hate You!

Old 10-25-2008, 11:57 AM
Banned

Most people will cease to exist during the great war called ARMAGEDDON. But others will survive and LIFE will never cease, All the billions of the dead will be resurrected, after Armageddon at the time God thinks it to be the time. John 5: 28, 29

Old 10-25-2008, 03:15 PM
U.S.A. #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxy View Post
Most people will cease to exist during the great war called ARMAGEDDON. But others will survive and LIFE will never cease, All the billions of the dead will be resurrected, after Armageddon at the time God thinks it to be the time. John 5: 28, 29
If they ever get so stupid as to start pushing thoise buttons and releasing those missles all life of any kind will more than likely perish from the radiation or starvation.,

Old 10-25-2008, 04:27 PM
Platinum Member

Maybe our species is due an evolutionary spurt. And a global catastrophe is what will be the catalyst. I'm no expert on evolution. Maybe if Kaza pops in he can explain better or tell us I'm way off. I would enjoy his input. But it seems to me as all species evolved slowly, there were periods that it seemed to accelerate for awhile. (Just going on what little I have seen on discovery and read about) And it seems to me it always occurs after a disaster of global proportions.

The species of man, while getting more intelligent {debatable}, has really evolved very little in our time as homosapians. Might be a asteroid, global warming times ten, or maybe somebody will finally get drunk, say F**k it and push that big red button we hear so much about. Either way, I think we are about due a change.

Old 10-25-2008, 05:19 PM
ɹǝpun uʍop

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinahound View Post
Maybe our species is due an evolutionary spurt. And a global catastrophe is what will be the catalyst. I'm no expert on evolution. Maybe if Kaza pops in he can explain better or tell us I'm way off. I would enjoy his input. But it seems to me as all species evolved slowly, there were periods that it seemed to accelerate for awhile. (Just going on what little I have seen on discovery and read about) And it seems to me it always occurs after a disaster of global proportions.

The species of man, while getting more intelligent {debatable}, has really evolved very little in our time as homosapians. Might be a asteroid, global warming times ten, or maybe somebody will finally get drunk, say F**k it and push that big red button we hear so much about. Either way, I think we are about due a change.
Hey :)

There's really no such as being "due" for an evolutionary spurt, but you are correct that it happens faster at some times rather than others, it's called "punctuated equilibrium" if you want to search for it.

A disaster could cause quicker evolution, but it would probably be a pretty bad way of going about. In any case, evolution occurs over enormous timescales, especially for humans because our generations are so long. Any large evolutionary changes would be occuring over periods of hundreds of thousands of years (for comparison, human civilization is only ten thousand years old). The disaster would have to be on an enormous physical and temporal scale to really change the direction of evolution.

I think what's far more likely is that we will take evolution into our own hands. We can already choose the sex of our children, and it won't be long before we can start testing for various genetic disorders before birth. I'd say that within a hundred years we'll be able to modify our genes quite significantly.

As scary as that sounds, I think it's inevitable. No amount of laws or regulations will stop it from happening.

Old 10-25-2008, 05:50 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazza View Post

There's really no such as being "due" for an evolutionary spurt, but you are correct that it happens faster at some times rather than others, it's called "punctuated equilibrium" if you want to search for it.

A disaster could cause quicker evolution, but it would probably be a pretty bad way of going about. In any case, evolution occurs over enormous timescales, especially for humans because our generations are so long. Any large evolutionary changes would be occurring over periods of hundreds of thousands of years (for comparison, human civilization is only ten thousand years old). The disaster would have to be on an enormous physical and temporal scale to really change the direction of evolution.

I think what's far more likely is that we will take evolution into our own hands. We can already choose the sex of our children, and it won't be long before we can start testing for various genetic disorders before birth. I'd say that within a hundred years we'll be able to modify our genes quite significantly.

As scary as that sounds, I think it's inevitable. No amount of laws or regulations will stop it from happening.
Thank you Kazza. You know what really scares me about genetic manipulation? Not even a moral thing for me. When you start taking out the genetic disorders, and I assume they'll be able to make people less likely to get diseases, you take away the natural selection. Sound's wonderful I know, but I fear it will affect population. More people, more places needed to house them, more forest destroyed, more affects on the atmosphere... etc etc.

Old 10-25-2008, 06:03 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:

A disaster could cause quicker evolution, but it would probably be a pretty bad way of going about. In any case, evolution occurs over enormous timescales, especially for humans because our generations are so long. Any large evolutionary changes would be occuring over periods of hundreds of thousands of years (for comparison, human civilization is only ten thousand years old). The disaster would have to be on an enormous physical and temporal scale to really change the direction of evolution.

I believe we as humans are getting ready to cross into an new threshold. We have encountered mass tragedy before. I feel we are at that point now. Will we move ahead?
What has happened before? The question I feel in my humble opinion is.... How many times as humans have we been at the point where we are now? How many times have we had the choice to advance or regress? I feel we are at the point we have been many times before. To advance or to regress. Is the word regress even being used correctly in this post?

Old 10-25-2008, 06:51 PM
U.S.A. #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdy View Post
I believe we as humans are getting ready to cross into an new threshold. We have encountered mass tragedy before. I feel we are at that point now. Will we move ahead?
What has happened before? The question I feel in my humble opinion is.... How many times as humans have we been at the point where we are now? How many times have we had the choice to advance or regress? I feel we are at the point we have been many times before. To advance or to regress. Is the word regress even being used correctly in this post?
Mayhaps we are advancing to the rear??

Old 10-25-2008, 07:47 PM
ɹǝpun uʍop

Well, I'm not sure about any big changes on a biological level, but certainly on a technological level we are reaching a very significant point. A point usually referred to as the singularity.

Anyway, they theory goes like this...

Say we design an artificial intelligence (AI) that is equally as intelligent as we are. If it's as smart as we then it could also accomplish the same things we have, whihc would include building an AI of the same intelligence level.

Now imagine we we design an AI that is slightly more intelligent than us. If it's more intelligent than us then it could be an even better AI designer than we are, and hence design an AI even better than itself. The new AI could then design an AI even better still, and so on and so on. That's the point at which intelligence could skyrocket and hence it's called the singularity.

Old 10-25-2008, 08:06 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Well, I'm not sure about any big changes on a biological level, but certainly on a technological level we are reaching a very significant point. A point usually referred to as the singularity.

Anyway, they theory goes like this...

Say we design an artificial intelligence (AI) that is equally as intelligent as we are. If it's as smart as we then it could also accomplish the same things we have, whihc would include building an AI of the same intelligence level.

Now imagine we we design an AI that is slightly more intelligent than us. If it's more intelligent than us then it could be an even better AI designer than we are, and hence design an AI even better than itself. The new AI could then design an AI even better still, and so on and so on. That's the point at which intelligence could skyrocket and hence it's called the singularity.
Who is to say that we already long ago reached the singularity? If we have, would we be able to tell reality from non-reality. I really don't know what the heck I'm talking about here when it comes to this subject. It was just the first thing that came to my mind. I am curious though.

Old 10-26-2008, 08:02 AM
U.S.A. #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by howdy View Post
Who is to say that we already long ago reached the singularity? If we have, would we be able to tell reality from non-reality. I really don't know what the heck I'm talking about here when it comes to this subject. It was just the first thing that came to my mind. I am curious though.
But if we were to be able to build that type of "AI" Wouldn't they or it soon realize that we weren't needed any more and eliminate us? And even if we were to place stop gaps so they might not be able to do that wouldn't the new AI be able to over come that and still want to eliminate us as they would consider us inferior and a liability?

Old 10-26-2008, 03:52 PM
ɹǝpun uʍop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Timer View Post
But if we were to be able to build that type of "AI" Wouldn't they or it soon realize that we weren't needed any more and eliminate us? And even if we were to place stop gaps so they might not be able to do that wouldn't the new AI be able to over come that and still want to eliminate us as they would consider us inferior and a liability?
Perhaps, but we don't need whales and we do our best to save them. We try to save the monkeys and the gorillas and preserve their natural habitat. Sure they're in poor shape right now but that's been a side-effect of our industrialization, we never set out to exterminate our less-intelligent ancestors.

Old 10-26-2008, 04:17 PM
Banned

What kind of question is this?

Let's analyze it carefully. Taking for granted the author is part of the human race, why would he ask when it will end?

Does he have some interest in it ending sooner than later?

Why does he think it will end?

Why does he assume it will end?

The human race will evolve and when it gets nasty on earth will create space stations to orbit the earth until thing calm down again and they can return.

Maybe not for a few thousand o million years in the future but we will be back...

Earth is still the coolest place to live...you can spend your life travelling around the universe but eventually you want to return to your roots...

Obama returned to Kenya didn't he?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladine View Post
OH, How I Hate You!

Old 10-26-2008, 06:02 PM
U.S.A. #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXJ View Post
What kind of question is this?

Let's analyze it carefully. Taking for granted the author is part of the human race, why would he ask when it will end?

Does he have some interest in it ending sooner than later?

Why does he think it will end?

Why does he assume it will end?

The human race will evolve and when it gets nasty on earth will create space stations to orbit the earth until thing calm down again and they can return.

Maybe not for a few thousand o million years in the future but we will be back...

Earth is still the coolest place to live...you can spend your life travelling around the universe but eventually you want to return to your roots...

Obama returned to Kenya didn't he?
How would you know? Have you been around the universe? There may well be better places to go than here where hate and war run rampart.