report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Religious Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2008, 05:05 PM
Silver Member

good friday not so good

What do you think since its a over hyped holiday. What do people think about it.

Old 03-21-2008, 06:33 PM
-- ---- --------, ---- ----.

Re: good friday not so good

It's all more tradition than historical fact anyway so why not commemorate it for what it is and enjoy it for what we have made of it.

Old 03-22-2008, 10:54 PM
Most Valued Platinum Member

are you saying "payday" is a BAD day!?of course,traditionally friday was payday!?you receive your reward!?just a coincidence!? hehe!!......just askn...

Old 03-31-2008, 08:17 AM
Gold Member

Good Friday is the day my saviour bore the sins of the world for those that choose to follow him.
That is highly significant!!!
It is not about the bunny.

Old 04-02-2008, 10:25 AM
Qwerty Kabal

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelight View Post
Good Friday is the day my saviour bore the sins of the world for those that choose to follow him.
That is highly significant!!!
It is not about the bunny.
Why is the rabbit used as a symbol at easter?

"All things are perfect to every last flaw and bound in accord with Eris's Law."
-HBT; The Book of Advice 1:7

Old 04-04-2008, 08:09 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti_thesisofreason View Post
I dont know but hey who cares he tastes nice.

I hope the next religion invented for the mindless has more holidays, in summer would be good.

Old 04-05-2008, 09:26 AM
Qwerty Kabal

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazzaa View Post
I dont know but hey who cares he tastes nice.

I hope the next religion invented for the mindless has more holidays, in summer would be good.
Gotta agree there, more summer holidays would be preferred. Maybe I will create a religion that has nothing but summer holidays.

"All things are perfect to every last flaw and bound in accord with Eris's Law."

Old 04-09-2008, 09:32 PM
Bronze Member

I didn't know it was hyped holiday at all. It is a day some Christians have an extra service on in recognition. Next year I want some chocolate palms for Palm Sunday though. That would make Good Friday mighty good.

Old 04-09-2008, 09:43 PM
Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work...

Quote:
If you will notice "Good Friday" occurs in early Spring or on the verge of a new "Spring" season. This is the time when all the plants, trees, birds and other creatures awake after a long sleep or dorminacy of the Winter - Winter is like death, but everything including humans are supressed. In Spring there is regenration of all flora and fauna.
The Rabbit is a symbol of fertility, fecundity, new beginings, resurrection, new life.
It actually works out in reality - get a pair of Rabbits of opposite gender and in a year you will have proably over twenty or more. The folliwng year you will have over a hundred...

Old 04-09-2008, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyboy View Post
I didn't know it was hyped holiday at all. It is a day some Christians have an extra service on in recognition. Next year I want some chocolate palms for Palm Sunday though. That would make Good Friday mighty good.

another occasion to load the offering plates with more money. Gotta cover all the bases!

Old 04-11-2008, 10:10 AM
Qwerty Kabal

Quote:
Originally Posted by coontie View Post
If you will notice "Good Friday" occurs in early Spring or on the verge of a new "Spring" season. This is the time when all the plants, trees, birds and other creatures awake after a long sleep or dorminacy of the Winter - Winter is like death, but everything including humans are supressed. In Spring there is regenration of all flora and fauna.
The Rabbit is a symbol of fertility, fecundity, new beginings, resurrection, new life.
It actually works out in reality - get a pair of Rabbits of opposite gender and in a year you will have proably over twenty or more. The folliwng year you will have over a hundred...
Yep rabbits are a fertility symbol as are eggs.

I was actually wondering if Bethelight knew what he/she were talking about.

Old 04-11-2008, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Yep rabbits are a fertility symbol as are eggs.

I was actually wondering if Bethelight knew what he/she were talking about.

Not sure she did... lots of symbology used in the religions - not just Christianity. Symbolism is a powerful tool. It is like a memory jogger, such as a "catch phrase" might be to invoke information to the fore of the mind.
As for the Egg - correct. Reminds me of the debate: "what came first; Chicken or Egg"? I am partial to the idea of the Chicken first, as there could be no Egg present without the Chikcen "laying" it. The Chicken is a species of Fowl that has genetically evolved. Interesting creature when you really examine it. There are scale like marking on the skin. It has Feathers which seem to be an alteration of scales and it has a beak and claws. Seems like it evolved from the ancient reptillian creatures - all birds for that matter.

Old 04-11-2008, 12:24 PM
Qwerty Kabal

Quote:
Not sure she did... lots of symbology used in the religions - not just Christianity. Symbolism is a powerful tool. It is like a memory jogger, such as a "catch phrase" might be to invoke information to the fore of the mind.
As for the Egg - correct. Reminds me of the debate: "what came first; Chicken or Egg"? I am partial to the idea of the Chicken first, as there could be no Egg present without the Chikcen "laying" it. The Chicken is a species of Fowl that has genetically evolved. Interesting creature when you really examine it. There are scale like marking on the skin. It has Feathers which seem to be an alteration of scales and it has a beak and claws. Seems like it evolved from the ancient reptillian creatures - all birds for that matter.
Ah but dinosaurs laid eggs and from what I understand birds evolved from some species of dinosaurs so I believe then, the egg came first. lol

Old 04-11-2008, 05:57 PM

I figured you would do that...... But you have got to do better with your deductive logic than to try to put that one over on me. Perhaps a runted Petrodactyl, butr a Dinosaur is a sort of qunatum lizard leap...
However... that is a far cry from demonstrating that the Egg cam first!:music:

Perhaps that is where "Orphan Annie" got the expression: "leaping lizards Daddy Warbucks!".

Last edited by coontie : 04-11-2008 at 06:01 PM.

Old 04-12-2008, 06:08 PM
Qwerty Kabal

Quote:
I figured you would do that...... But you have got to do better with your deductive logic than to try to put that one over on me. Perhaps a runted Petrodactyl, butr a Dinosaur is a sort of qunatum lizard leap...
However... that is a far cry from demonstrating that the Egg cam first!:music:

Perhaps that is where "Orphan Annie" got the expression: "leaping lizards Daddy Warbucks!".
It stands to reason that even if birds did not evolve from dinosaurs, it is a fact that dinosaurs laid eggs and egg laying reptiles were in existence long before chickens thus the egg came first.

Old 04-12-2008, 06:23 PM

Hmmmm... appears that we are digressibng as in devolving - so now we are back to Dinosaurs pooping Eggs. If a Dinosaur had to regenrate by laying eggs then where did the Dinosaur come from. Don't pull that "from and Egg" stuff... Something/s has to lay Eggs.... - Eggs don't just happen!:music::c razy1::wave:

Old 04-13-2008, 12:24 AM

an Egg is an Embryo of another creature. It takes two of same creatures of opposite gender to create and egg. How can the Egg be first? It cannot create itself!

Old 04-13-2008, 06:21 PM
Qwerty Kabal

Quote:
Hmmmm... appears that we are digressibng as in devolving - so now we are back to Dinosaurs pooping Eggs. If a Dinosaur had to regenrate by laying eggs then where did the Dinosaur come from. Don't pull that "from and Egg" stuff... Something/s has to lay Eggs.... - Eggs don't just happen!:music::c razy1::wave:
But the question was what came first the chicken or the egg not the dinosaur or the egg and I believe I gave you a very good answer. lol