report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Work at Home Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2008, 02:21 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Homejobstop scam?

Just wondering if anyone knows about homejobstop, do they really sceen potential employers for scams, or are they part of the problem...

Old 02-24-2008, 11:12 AM
Wheres my Spam? Ask your friendly neighborhood moderator.. ME

Re: Homejobstop scam?

I don't know if they do or they don't from firsthand experience but I do know that there are a couple of websites that do and do it for free.

Old 02-24-2008, 10:47 PM
Platinum Member

What is the url of the website?

Old 02-25-2008, 10:05 AM
Wheres my Spam? Ask your friendly neighborhood moderator.. ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcwork View Post
What is the url of the website?
Ummmmm add a .com and you got it? You know that already though.. interesting

Old 02-25-2008, 12:33 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket#9 View Post
Just wondering if anyone knows about homejobstop, do they really sceen potential employers for scams, or are they part of the problem...
Rocket#9, I don't know if they actually screen employers or not, but I have heard about this site, some people said that many of the jobs listed on their site can be found online free on other job sites such as monster.com and careerbuilder etc.

pcwork, I think the url is homejobstop.com - there are no homejobstop.net or homejobstop.info...

Old 06-23-2009, 07:18 AM
So blessed to be His

Personally my opinion is: you should NEVER EVER have to pay to get access to work at home jobs. Therefore I consider this company to be a scam. I have known real places that you can access for FREE to get REAL work at home jobs. I used to work for one called AOP (Associated Order Processors) last year and the pay was great. I don't think they're hiring right now.

Old 06-25-2009, 01:41 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket#9 View Post
Yes, HomeJobStop is legit, but I agree you should try to find your jobs for free.

People have completely confused the mantra of "never pay for a job" with "never pay for a legitimate database of pre-screened jobs".

FlexJobs, TJobs, HomeJobStop, TeleworkRecruiting are all legitimate paid databases.

Several of them, including HomeJobStop are even listed on the United States Department of State website right here:
http://www.state.gov/m/fsi/tc/79980.htm

...of course with the requisite legal disclaimer that "listing them does not mean they are endorsed".

But I've seen the number of quality free telecommuting job lead resources growing over the past fix months so the paid databases may have had their day now.

That being said, for some reason the major news media seems to love interviewing the people behind FlexJobs.com - I haven't checked them in a long time, but they are actually one of the more expensive paid telecommuting lead databases.

Last edited by justtoomuchtime : 06-25-2009 at 01:44 PM.