report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Investment Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2008, 01:01 AM
Newbie Member

Omicron Group LLC

I wouldn't advise anyone to put their hard-earned into this "investment". Sounds just like other medium term note/zero coupon/promissory note/debenture schemes.

Also some of the people involved in Safevest are associated with this company.

Old 02-24-2008, 08:54 AM
Newbie Member

Re: Omicron Group LLC

what is your basis for this statement?

Old 02-24-2008, 11:05 AM
Diamond Member

What is their website?

Old 02-24-2008, 05:58 PM
Newbie Member

The basis for my scepticism?
1. The promise of a 'guaranteed risk-free' investment that would double my money every 3-4 months
2. The SEC website (I think) lists a number of things to look out for in what they generally termed "Prime Bank Guarantee" scams - the Omicron product description ticks just about all of them (is also over 20 pages long full of financial jargon -some of it accuarate, some of it not - and even includes a potted history of post WWII European industrialisation by the Fed Reserve under the Bretton Woods agreement)
3. I heard about this scheme from the same person who told me about Safevest and who still insists Safevest is all above board

And imo, if it looks like duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck - then it probably is a duck.

They don't have a website, in fact there's no info that I know of on the net about this company. Just thought I'd raise a warning, caveat emptor as they say

Old 03-11-2008, 07:38 PM
Silver Member

Omicron Group LLC seems to have the same shills working for it as Safevest. Stay away.

Old 03-11-2008, 10:09 PM
Newbie Member

The only person I know that is associated with both companies is Art Weiss (a sales/marketing guy). What other info do you have XNCI?

Old 03-20-2008, 04:50 PM
VIP Member

Last i heard was all the people who are associated with Omicron Group LLC have been fired from Safevest LLC... does anyone have any solid document to proof otherwise?

Old 03-20-2008, 05:19 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by USATradeCorp View Post
Last i heard was all the people who are associated with Omicron Group LLC have been fired from Safevest LLC... does anyone have any solid document to proof otherwise?
You can not be fired from scam. This is some kind of trick to legitimize their new "venture".

Old 03-21-2008, 03:32 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisf96 View Post
You can not be fired from scam. This is some kind of trick to legitimize their new "venture".
I take that as, NO WE DO NOT HAVE ANY DOCUMENT TO SUPPORT WHAT WE SAY.
i dont wanna argue, just looking for some facts.

Old 03-21-2008, 04:17 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I just invested money with Omicron. Please tell me it is not a scam. I don't think I can say much because I signed a Nondisclosure.

Old 03-22-2008, 02:39 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastg View Post
I just invested money with Omicron. Please tell me it is not a scam. I don't think I can say much because I signed a Nondisclosure.
If you know the poeple and trust them. how could it be a scam?? but if you invested in them without doing a background search, hard to say.

Old 03-23-2008, 03:52 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastg View Post
Their ND agreement isn't worth the paper it's written on - and assuming that Blastg isn't your real name where's the problem?.

Unfortunately I'll think you'll find out that Omicron is just another "Prime Bank" type scam - go to Quatloos(?) website or google 'medium term note scam' or 'prime bank scam' for more info.

Old 03-26-2008, 07:47 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisf96 View Post
What is Safevest's new adventure?

Old 03-26-2008, 08:01 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu3356 View Post
The basis for my scepticism?
1. The promise of a 'guaranteed risk-free' investment that would double my money every 3-4 months
2. The SEC website (I think) lists a number of things to look out for in what they generally termed "Prime Bank Guarantee" scams - the Omicron product description ticks just about all of them (is also over 20 pages long full of financial jargon -some of it accuarate, some of it not - and even includes a potted history of post WWII European industrialisation by the Fed Reserve under the Bretton Woods agreement)
3. I heard about this scheme from the same person who told me about Safevest and who still insists Safevest is all above board

And imo, if it looks like duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck - then it probably is a duck.

They don't have a website, in fact there's no info that I know of on the net about this company. Just thought I'd raise a warning, caveat emptor as they say
So what you are saying is that you don’t know a thing about Omicron but you have a “hunch”. I’m trying to make some decisions on investing and do not appreciate your “hunch”. There is enough to read without having to weed through an uneducated opinion. If you have facts, please post them. If you don’t, please go to the horse or dog track and bet on a race.

Omicron does not appear to be a scheme. I have read their paperwork and sat down with a rep. No promises were made and no figures were quoted. In fact this person made it a point to emphasize these FACTS. I am leaning towards sending in my money.

Old 03-27-2008, 08:13 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by financial_affairs100 View Post
So what you are saying is that you don’t know a thing about Omicron but you have a “hunch”. I’m trying to make some decisions on investing and do not appreciate your “hunch”. There is enough to read without having to weed through an uneducated opinion. If you have facts, please post them. If you don’t, please go to the horse or dog track and bet on a race.

Omicron does not appear to be a scheme. I have read their paperwork and sat down with a rep. No promises were made and no figures were quoted. In fact this person made it a point to emphasize these FACTS. I am leaning towards sending in my money.
Well good luck then , especially if you're basing your decision just on their paperwork and the word of their rep.
What due diligence on Omicron have you carried out personally?
Have you verified that their trading platform actually exists or checked that major banks sell notes at 20% discount to their face value to an agent who can immediately re-sell them for a 14% profit?
Do you know how the financial markets work?

Old 03-31-2008, 03:53 PM
I am new at Scam.com

As financial adviser said above Any investment that guarantees 100% risk free every 3-4 months - not might be a scam - IS A SCAM. If they stated they had a device that was a perpetual motion machine; I would not need to know anything else - I would know that to be a scam as well (perpetual motion machines violates the first law of thermodynamics). By the same token, I don't have to investigate; ANYONE that GUARANTEES 100% risk free, is a fraud. The greatest investor of our time, Warren Buffett, made 25% per year (compounded over many, many years). Even he could not, would not make that type of outlandish guarantee. Those that defend this are either fools (and I don't use this term lightly); scam artists themselves, naive investors (whom I hope have not put in a penny), or are part of an ongoing Ponzi Scheme with a self interest in perpetuating this. Good luck in your investing, but avoid trash like this.

Old 04-05-2008, 06:15 PM
Banned

gmail is a spy, they keep all your emails you have written and keep all the emails you get from other people, why deal with your company when they keep everything under lock and KEY forever, they work for the government the NEW WORLD ORDER

Old 04-07-2008, 12:34 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBestBet View Post
We have a terrific investment opportunity to all "QEP's" or "Accredited Investors" as stated by the SEC. This is NOT a PPP, or any HYIP. This is what my firm believes to be the BEST, investment opportunity, like nothing else available. This is not a riskless, transaction, but one we believe has the least amount of risk associated with it. If your interested in discussing more about this opportunity, please email me at simonsayz322@gmail.com. Once it is clear your a QEP, or an accredited investor, I will give you our corporate phone number and email address. You may than discuss at length about our offering and the principles, of our firm, or if you choose, meet with us at our offices. To those still uncomfortable, we can allow for you to talk to our SEC and fund lawyers, www.pepperlaw.com too. We are licensed professionals, and NOT offering some get rich quick in 30 day scheme, or scam! After exchanging information you will be sent a PPM, should you qualify under SEC guidelines. Best,

simonsayz322@gmail.com
I think I know what "fund", your talking about, but will email you.

Scott