report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Retail Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2008, 11:14 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Best Buy Credit Card Fraud/Scam?

So on my way out the door today for work I get a package from UPS ground...I open it up and it's a brand new red Dell Laptop. I am very confused I double check the address and name and it's in my name and it's my address.

I call all my relatives and friends (my birthday was less than a month ago) and no one was THAT generous to surprise me with something so expensive. So I call Best Buy and after a few transfers I find out that this has been charged to my Best Buy card! What the hell!?

I also learn that a PS3 has been purchased in late January that was not mine. I never got that in the mail though so whoever has my card must have correctly rerouted that item, but just didn't reroute shipping for this laptop.

I signed up for a Best Buy card when I bought an HD television back in late November but never got the actual card. Since I planned on just paying off the TV purchase I didn't think much of it but now I realize that whoever is ordering stuff in my name probably has my card.

So I'm thinking it's one of two things...either someone intercepted and opened my mail and took my card or it's an inside job with an employee or employees at the Best Buy I made my television purchase from. I really hope it's not the latter because that is really shady business...

So far Best Buy has been helpful but the verdict is still out on what went on. I have to either bring them the laptop back or someone is going to come pick it up. I'm hoping to get a few more answers tomorrow as I need to know if these people making charges with my card may have my social security number or other personal info. I'll let you guys on this site know how the issue gets resolved. Moral of the story...fraud can happen to anyone!! Be careful!

Bookmark and Share

Last edited by Highfive : 02-18-2008 at 11:18 PM.

Old 02-20-2008, 10:25 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: Best Buy Credit Card Fraud/Scam?

Update: Best Buy is asking me to go fill out police reports in numerous towns...definitely not convenient for me. They also are having me return the laptop to the store. I'm a little frustrated to be doing all the leg work for this but I want to find out what happened.

Old 05-02-2008, 07:34 AM
Banned

the laptop was a joke with you from a credit card crime who stolen your credit card info and purchased a laptop for you because most of online shoppings only ship to billing address

Old 06-13-2008, 10:50 PM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaymentProcessing.cc View Post
the laptop was a joke with you from a credit card crime who stolen your credit card info and purchased a laptop for you because most of online shoppings only ship to billing address
Thats not true. Back in 2003 someone used my husbands bankcard info and made a purchase from amazon. The product did not come to our home.
And this last christmas my dad bought us a tv from walmart and used his card. It was shipped to our house. all that is needed is the information and it can be shipped anywhere. Makes shopping online for someone that lives far away easier because it can go straight to them.
However because of that you can also get screwed if you don't pay attention to your account.