report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Work at Home Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2008, 01:07 PM
Bronze Member

Arise.com

Hello everybody. A good friend just let me know about a work at home site and I want to know if its a scam or not.

The first thing I did was use google to see if anything crazy popped up. I did not see anything out of the ordinary.

From looking at the website and the terms it seems pretty straight forward. Looks like you have to pay for your own background check. It does not have the cheesiness of most work-at-home websites.

Has anybody tried this, or do you know anyone who has used them? Or they for real, or are they a (gasp) fake?

Thanks guru's!

Bookmark and Share

Old 02-12-2008, 02:27 PM
Wheres my Spam? Ask your friendly neighborhood moderator.. ME

Re: Arise.com

They are real. They do call center work (from home) if I remember right. A number of the companies that hire for wah jobs DO require you to pay for your own background check which to me just shows that you are serious about working so I don't have a problem with it. Good luck!

Old 02-12-2008, 10:50 PM
Platinum Member

Arise is a legit company, they hire WAHM

Old 02-13-2008, 01:59 PM
Bronze Member

Thanks guys! I am going to check it out and see about getting started!

Old 02-29-2008, 04:13 PM
k9nan

I tried to do the Arise thing and feel totally scammed!! They want you to pay for training to become certified and the training is a joke. First and foremost there is no consistency. In some of the materials the passing grade for the training is 90% and in other material it is 85%. The actual material "taught" does not match the practice quizzes. The material is outdated and the support is pretty much non existent. If you have a question about the material you are supposed to call or use the "Study Group" ... the course administrator rarely answers questions via the Study Group forum - it is nearly impossible to navigate easily. If you call with a question chances are you are dumped into voice mail which assures you of your position in the Que - I was called back *9* hours later!!

I am pretty sure that their software put a "backdoor" onto my computer which allows them access to my system. I was documenting my issues with the support available in the "Study Group" and the discrepancies in material and my files suddenly disappeared from my hard drive ... not to mention that all kinds of other weird things happened to my computer - printer software had to be re-loaded every time I wanted to print, CD burner no longer worked. I know - CRAZY!!! I am not a paranoid person but ...

Additionally NO ONE who was posting on the study group were getting "opportunities" (aka clients to work for). Either Arise has no clients/real work for people to do or too many people who have paid them $ for the training to get the opportunity to work through them. One girl I emailed had been out of training for 5 weeks and no work available for her.

The upfront costs to get started are pretty steep depending where you are ... separate phone line, DSL/cable, 2nd ISP, special phone, headset, you must incorporate (in my state it was $300), training etc ... the more into the "program" I got the higher the costs got.

BEWARE OF ARISE

Old 02-29-2008, 05:55 PM
Wheres my Spam? Ask your friendly neighborhood moderator.. ME

Funny.. just did a google for "arise.com scam".. this is the ONLY complaint to be found..

Here is thread with a few people who work for the company:
http://www.wahm.com/forum/forum_post...18198&KW=arise

And another of nothing but people who work for arise.. Im sure you will find a few complaints but all in all people seem to be happy:

http://workplacelikehome.com/forum/f...splay.php?f=27

Old 03-05-2008, 01:29 AM
Newbie Member

Yep they are legit as legit can get. They answer inbound calls for Walt Disney World sorry but WDW wouldn't hire a phony company to take their calls when personal info is given of hotel guests, customers and ABC. Sorry you feel you got scammed but if a legit company made you feel that way maybe you should just concentrate on a 9 to 5 job out in town and not worry about working at home.

Old 03-10-2008, 09:11 AM
k9nan

I wanted to post an update to my original post outlining my concerns with Arise - specifically the ACP training.

I have contacted the company and they listened to my concerns. They expressed a genuine desire to address the inconsistencies I noted in the material and seemed to appreciate the feedback. The assured me that their goal is to make the training experience positive for those enrolled in the training as well as for the company.

Arise has demonstrated to me a commitment to improving the ACP training which reflect a level of integrity that I respect and appreciate.

Additionally all contact by phone that I have had with Arise has been positive. Please note - if you are taking the ACP training or take it in the future please be advised that at present the computer support is not as strong as the phone support. Time is of the essence so please be advised to stay on top of questions, problems or issues you encounter to ensure that you are able to successfully complete the training in the alloted time.

I'm pleased to be able to update my original post with one that reflects a positive overall impression of the Arise Corporation.

Old 03-10-2008, 04:37 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Arise is not a scam. They are legit. I can say that I've known them for quite some time. I rather not say to much as they have a no blog policy. But they are legit. It is great for WAHM and WAHD.

Old 04-16-2009, 08:03 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9nan View Post
I tried to do the Arise thing and feel totally scammed!! They want you to pay for training to become certified and the training is a joke. First and foremost there is no consistency. In some of the materials the passing grade for the training is 90% and in other material it is 85%. The actual material "taught" does not match the practice quizzes. The material is outdated and the support is pretty much non existent. If you have a question about the material you are supposed to call or use the "Study Group" ... the course administrator rarely answers questions via the Study Group forum - it is nearly impossible to navigate easily. If you call with a question chances are you are dumped into voice mail which assures you of your position in the Que - I was called back *9* hours later!!

I am pretty sure that their software put a "backdoor" onto my computer which allows them access to my system. I was documenting my issues with the support available in the "Study Group" and the discrepancies in material and my files suddenly disappeared from my hard drive ... not to mention that all kinds of other weird things happened to my computer - printer software had to be re-loaded every time I wanted to print, CD burner no longer worked. I know - CRAZY!!! I am not a paranoid person but ...

Additionally NO ONE who was posting on the study group were getting "opportunities" (aka clients to work for). Either Arise has no clients/real work for people to do or too many people who have paid them $ for the training to get the opportunity to work through them. One girl I emailed had been out of training for 5 weeks and no work available for her.

The upfront costs to get started are pretty steep depending where you are ... separate phone line, DSL/cable, 2nd ISP, special phone, headset, you must incorporate (in my state it was $300), training etc ... the more into the "program" I got the higher the costs got.

BEWARE OF ARISE
I am not sure where to begin with this one... I have been an ACP with Arise for over five years and they are NOT a scam. What most people fail to realize is that there are peaks and valleys in the retail market. You can not possibly expect to get on with ANY retail type of company in January, February & March (Q1) and have TONS of work. The massive retail time has passed- where was your desire to work during the holidays (October, November & December) when there was TONS to do...? While I understand January is typically when most start to look for new work (those pesky resolutions...)it is NOT a busy time for retail and about 80% of the applications Arise has are retail based. Those of you tracking complaints, please look at the dates when most complaints are submitted... it will be within Q1 and the start of Q2... the dead as a doornail time of the retail year. This it out of Arise's hands...

The Support Desk did not put a back door on your system. According to what you have written, it is apparent there were formatting issues with your machine. If your PC met or exceeded the workstation requirements, you would not have had any issues. The SD can help with Arise related tech issues, but they will not go over every issue with your PC. Best practice would be to COMPLETELY review the workstation requirements with a tech savvy person to ensure you are compatible. Please do not assume it is.

With regard to start up costs- remember Arise is a BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY - not a direct employer. Like ANY home based business, there is initial investment. You are working for yourself servicing the application YOU choose when YOU choose to work.

In any event, if the Arise model does not appeal to you, you have a choice to not apply. Just ensure you complete your research BEFORE applying as all information is pretty up front for those who actually read the website.

I understand the person posting this has since posted a positive reply, however the inaccuracies in this post forced me to respond.

Callie

Old 06-19-2009, 07:22 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Arise does business above the board in a very self serving way.
But lets start with their instruction;

Once you have spent that $200 on training, non refundable...
There is no Manual, not a single iota of something they can send you. their advise, go to the site and explore.
Their alternative is to overload you with just one training flash card after another. Believe me, these get old after a few weeks.

Trainers... as you know, some are not a bright as others and some and not as bright as them.

Keep in mind that is not the stupidity of the instrustor, but the fellow classmates that get to ask questions. This is when you wish you had a recorder. We sit through these classes, listening to the transcripts of material and listening to questions out of this world, we wonder if we are getting what we paid for.

Your instructor for the class is probably not the smart one she pretends to be. I took a class, and just asking questions she corrected herself 6 times, and I still have never gotten answers on the other 30 that she said she would get back to us on.

LOL, next the tests, that's a joke. Things that were never covered and ambiguous questions about sales. Here's a hint about getting through the test. Copy paste every question to a text document along with your response. When you submit your answers, it does tell you you answered number 2 wrong or number 8, so you know where to correct and double check. Second try, you have restudied and should succeed.

I use the term succeed lightly, and want to succeed in giving them another $200 to pick out who you want to work for... if there are any available. As thing go with Arise, after you sign up, it's usually a month wait to start a class, completion could take from the time of sign up 2 months to 7 months to complete. Read your SOWs carefully.

Upon your success, you will be greeted with open arms and the opportunity to spend another $200. Keep in mind this is in addition the the hardware and additional phone line you just added, and the hardware (don't even mention the time).

Then the realization sets in, I have to get 20 hours this week or I don't meet my SOW (Statement of work) and I have to sit by the computer night and day to try to get it.

You get the hours, but have a sick child. You would think Arise would care, but instead your Commitmittent adhearance suffers, your attendance didn't meet SOW requirements, as Mr. Trump would say... Your fired!

So off to find another... well I just lost a job that I paid $225 for, and this one looks good. Problem is you have a bad Commitment or close ratio. No one is going to hire you.

Arise is really a great way to profit if you work for directly for Arise there in Florida. With that in mind I would think they would rename their company "ARTERIES".

They will bleed you till you are dry. They don't care about you. Close ratios and talk times. They say friendliness and apathy, LOL.

Enough Blood, Bad_Deal

Last edited by Bad_Deal : 06-19-2009 at 08:01 PM.

Old 06-20-2009, 07:59 AM
stormy48

Howard Cark has a radio show that list this on his web site as being a good place to work for hope that helps stormy48o

Old 10-22-2009, 03:09 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Deal View Post
Arise does business above the board in a very self serving way...
But lets start with their instruction;

Once you have spent that $200 on training, non refundable...
There is no Manual, not a single iota of something they can send you. their advise, go to the site and explore.
Their alternative is to overload you with just one training flash card after another. Believe me, these get old after a few weeks.

Trainers... as you know, some are not a bright as others and some and not as bright as them.

Keep in mind that is not the stupidity of the instrustor, but the fellow classmates that get to ask questions. This is when you wish you had a recorder. We sit through these classes, listening to the transcripts of material and listening to questions out of this world, we wonder if we are getting what we paid for.

Your instructor for the class is probably not the smart one she pretends to be. I took a class, and just asking questions she corrected herself 6 times, and I still have never gotten answers on the other 30 that she said she would get back to us on.

LOL, next the tests, that's a joke. Things that were never covered and ambiguous questions about sales. Here's a hint about getting through the test. Copy paste every question to a text document along with your response. When you submit your answers, it does tell you you answered number 2 wrong or number 8, so you know where to correct and double check. Second try, you have restudied and should succeed.

I use the term succeed lightly, and want to succeed in giving them another $200 to pick out who you want to work for... if there are any available. As thing go with Arise, after you sign up, it's usually a month wait to start a class, completion could take from the time of sign up 2 months to 7 months to complete. Read your SOWs carefully.

Upon your success, you will be greeted with open arms and the opportunity to spend another $200. Keep in mind this is in addition the the hardware and additional phone line you just added, and the hardware (don't even mention the time).

Then the realization sets in, I have to get 20 hours this week or I don't meet my SOW (Statement of work) and I have to sit by the computer night and day to try to get it.

You get the hours, but have a sick child. You would think Arise would care, but instead your Commitmittent adhearance suffers, your attendance didn't meet SOW requirements, as Mr. Trump would say... Your fired!

So off to find another... well I just lost a job that I paid $225 for, and this one looks good. Problem is you have a bad Commitment or close ratio. No one is going to hire you.

Arise is really a great way to profit if you work for directly for Arise there in Florida. With that in mind I would think they would rename their company "ARTERIES".

They will bleed you till you are dry. They don't care about you. Close ratios and talk times. They say friendliness and apathy, LOL.

Enough Blood, Bad_Deal
It's very unfortunate you had a bad experience with Arise, but to mislead others with false and incomplete information isn't fair.

I happen to know someone first hand who has been with arise for over three years, and I am now going thru training myself. You must first pass an aptitude test before you spend a dime. Then initial training to qualify is $99, not $200 and if you wait you'll will most likely catch a deal like I have. So far I've only paid for my background check, a $13 fee. AND if I complete the course as scheduled I'll recieve another $100 voucher toward training classes. They run these specials all the time.

Speaking of training, you only have ten days to complete a self paced course estimated @ 20 hours. I have gone thru more then half of it in about five hours. During these sessions there are downloadable "Job Aides" you can print if you need a manual. There is also a "crash course" version with live chat that is seperated into two five hour sessions. So I'm not sure what class you took that was weeks long or $200. Unless you had to take the course a second time. Then you would have to pay for it a second time.

I sympathise with you having issues with your child and losing your job, but that is not the fault of Arise, that is between you and the company that hired you THRU Arise. You tecnically do not work for Arise, they only serve as a sort of broker. Some of the company's can be real strict about silly things, and on that note, from our experience I would avoid Circuit City like the plague. My friend met ALL the requirements and then some, only to be fired at the day before Christmas as "Seasonal Help", even though she wasn't told she was only hired seasonally. THAT was money well wasted, but no fault of Arise.

Bottom line is Arise is legit, and just like any other small business it takes a serious commitment on your part. If you can't commit, you probably will have a bad experience with any opportunity like this!

GOOD LUCK !
~MAC~

Old 10-27-2009, 05:25 AM
k9nan

Dear Mac -

Your friend who has been with Arise for 3 years actually recommended that you give Arise a try?

Most people I interact with that have been around longer than 2 years lament the good old days.

3 years ago actual employees of the "client" evaluated agent calls and most people did really well. Now Arise people do the evaluations and scores (and ability to select hours and make the better money) have plummeted.

SUpport - for classes, any issues one has with the system, errors in pay, etc is jsut about non-existent.

It often feels as if everything is designed to keep agents from making decent money.

This is NOT a real business. Arise can terminate at will, completely controls pay but relieves itself of tax issues - win win for Arise and lose lose for agents.

Flexibility is not a hallmark at Arise - you take what you can get in terms of hours.

I have talked to agents who started with one client several years ago and the pay was $1.70 per call ... call volume was good. Agents made good money. We are at $1.05 per call now and call volume is low - I have been on now for 15 min and have taken 2 calls. Do the math - $8.20 per hour out of which Arise takes their $40 per month, electric, computer costs, phone and internet AND 15% of every dollar earned goes directly to the government for "self employment" tax (social security and medicare) THEN pay the income tax! So that $8.20 per hour instantly dwindles dramatically.

Often circumstances out of the agents control could and do cost them their "jobs" - internet provider goes down for an extended period of time.

Old 11-24-2009, 01:11 PM
I am new at Scam.com

My take? Being a Mac professional, I personally charge $100 per hour, which is a bargain. Another point, any Apple certification other than that from an Apple Certified Training center, is not worth the paper it is written on. You can self-train via the training series manuals but the exam must be through a ACTC.

This may pertain to any other "training" you may get as well. (MS, C+, etc)

Bottom line, you want to be paid crap wages for the convenience of WFH...all the power to you.

Old 01-22-2010, 11:38 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I am new to Arise, still in my enrollment process, they list the fee's and expectations.
The training was a little silly BUT, in the end they test you and they need to make sure you qualify. What may be easy for you may be hard for others.
Now I paid $75 certification- there was a sale
and I will recieved a $50 voucher towards client training for completing my enrollment with in a certain amount of time.
I did the study group, and the "hub" chat! it helped.
back ground check was about 13 bucks,
my bus. lic. was 15 and free to get the EIN number for the IRS.
..... Thats as far as I am today I will pay me MSA.
you need to have a home phone - no features, dsl, back up dial up.
so I feel everything was straight foward.
Also the have A + raiting with the better buisness.
GO For it!

Old 04-09-2010, 09:56 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I am working with ARISE right now. The problem I have with them is NO communication via the phone just thru the website. It is very stressful during the training of which ever client you choose to work with. Remember you have to PASS two tests PLUS the LIVE phone which is the most important part. I suggest that you try and work UNDER someone's LLC before you go off into for yourself that was you aren't left with a business you don't know what to do with. Now the business application is another story as the amount of money you need to put out is up to you. The state I live in DOES NOT tell you to fax, or send the first initial paperwork into them. Which custs down on the cost that companies charge. DO NOT let them bully your way by doing this too fast.
I didn't not pass my certification and I haven't heard what I can do next and one of them is CAN'T take the course over again. It's all the fine print that needs to be looked at as they are a business wanting to suceed. I do WISH you all the luck in the world but it's the expense of it all plus trying to find the right client to work with that CARES about the people they have working for them. Do your homework as I thought I did but didn't work out at this time. I'm not writing this out of anger more about flustration.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clown Hunter View Post
Hello everybody. A good friend just let me know about a work at home site and I want to know if its a scam or not.

The first thing I did was use google to see if anything crazy popped up. I did not see anything out of the ordinary.

From looking at the website and the terms it seems pretty straight forward. Looks like you have to pay for your own background check. It does not have the cheesiness of most work-at-home websites.

Has anybody tried this, or do you know anyone who has used them? Or they for real, or are they a (gasp) fake?

Thanks guru's!

Old 09-16-2010, 11:56 AM
I am new at Scam.com

You know the old adage "If it's too good to be true, it usually isn't."

Did it ever occur to anyone that has been submitting negative feedback, and getting all these positive rebuttals that the authors of those post work directly for Arise.com? Is it outside of the realm of possibility that these people are paid to scour the internet and rebut negative comments about the companies that pay them?

A lot of companies have larger parent companies that own them out right. A lot of these parent companies own other companies, such as websites, and others forms of media. If I owned more than one company, I would use one to promote the other. "Hey, I wanna post a review on xyz-website-that-I-own.com about another company I own saying nothing but good things" I hire some IT professional to make it happen, and watch the money roll in.

All those dudes on late-night TV, selling their secrets on how to make a fortune are just like websites like Arise.com promising an easy way to make a fortune. In reality, the dude on the TV, and the people that own Arise.com make their money from the schmucks who buy the product. "Hi, I'm Jake Q. Salesman, I'm trying to make a profit, so I'm gonna lie through my teeth, convince you to buy this book full of info that you can get for free, and I will become rich that way...maybe if you're smart enough you'll use my example and do the same"

Bottom-line, people who work for Arise.com posting on here that they have success with the company have a vested interest in the company's reputation. If someone wants you to pay them, just so that you can work for them when it should be the other way around, it's a scam.
If there is not a back out clause, a money-back gaurantee or some modicum of government regulation (Department of LABOR, anyone? Do they have a "Human Resources Office"), it's a scam. If they need your personal information, to include but not limited to addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, social security numbers, type of vehicle you drive/own, living situation (rent/own)... it's a scam. They use this info to market products that their parent companies sell. They use this info for demographic purposes, and sell it to the highest bidder. Information is profit, human beings are the crop, corporations are the farmers.

So in the end what happens... You give them your money in hopes of making more, they take your info and sell it other companies who sell products to you, a consumer, that you buy using some of the money that you "earned". When you have a problem or need help, you basically call another person who does the same thing you do, and henceforth perpetuate the cycle, and all the while some corporate fat cat sits in his office counting the money he made off of selling you false promises, as well as the money he made selling you a DVD.

Last edited by Anonymous User : 09-16-2010 at 12:07 PM. Reason: typos