report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Used Car Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2008, 10:59 AM
Newbie Member

Moneybookers?

Hi. Can anyone please tell me if this is a scam? I am so sick to my stomach because I believed it. I sent them 5,200 of my money for this truck, and now there telling me the woman SAMANTHA BROWN has not paid the insurance, tax, and shipping even though she told me it was handled before we agreed to do this? This one of the many forms I've been sent....They have horrriable customer service, and there 7 hours ahead of me.....as of today I ended this transaction and now want my money back, but of course NO one has answered me. They were quick to confirm money received, but now I want it back nothing? Should I think this is a scam and my money is gone?
Save Message Text | Full Headers

Move Options
  • [New Folder]
  • Inbox
  • Chanel handbag
  • Netflix movies
  • Rental properties
  • WEIGHT WATCHERS
  • birthday recipts
  • ebay
  • moose hunting
  • wells fargo
Forward Options
  • As Inline Text
  • As Attachment
Reply Options
  • Reply To Sender
  • Reply To Everyone
Address Book ShortcutsCalendar ShortcutsNotepad ShortcutsAdvanced Search
  • Advanced Search

Copyright © 1994-2008 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved. Terms of Service - Copyright/IP Policy - Guidelines
NOTICE: We collect personal information on this site.
To learn more about how we use your information, see our Privacy Policy

Bookmark and Share

Old 02-12-2008, 11:02 AM
Newbie Member

this is the moneybookers forum?

Internet Payment Solutions

Dear Chris Barten,

This message is sent regarding to the status of the delivery.

We regret to announce you that the shipping process will be temporarely put on hold due to the fact that a tax problem occurred during this transaction. We apologize for the misunderstanding! The problem is that the seller is for the moment unable to pay all the shipping and insurance fees he owes to us for covering this transaction ($1,920.00 USD). In this order the vehicle should be insured during the shipping and before its arrival at the buyer's address. The shipping will be on hold untill our company will be paid for covering this transaction. Again,we are sorry for this impediment but this is one of our company's policy regarding the fact that in order for the shipping to be continued in optimal conditions, all the the necessary measures regarding the security of the product to be takened. We must take important security measures regarding this transaction from its start until the moment it closes and both parts are satisfied by our services. If you want to speed up the delivery and have the car shipped at your address in time you can cover the taxes instead of the seller and the mentioned amount will be 100% refunded once the car safely arrives at destination, including the Western Union fees. We require to keep a copy from the Western Union payment receipt so you can get a full refund for the insurance amount. In case you consider yourself unable to perform the above required conditions, you will have to wait until the seller will cover the taxes that he owes to us. Please let us know if you agree on paying in order for the delivery to be proceeded. In case you agree, make the payment using the same name and address and then send us the payment details, so we can continue with the delivery. We remind you that we will keep the entire amount of money until the vehicle safely arrives at the destination and until we are confirmed that the buyer is satisfied with it and in case everything proves to be in order, we will pay the seller the entire sum for the vehicle.

For any information you desire please e-mail us and we will be more than pleased to answer all your questions. Once again,we are sorry for this issue. Thank you for your support and cooperation regarding this whole transaction!

Sincerely,
MoneyBookers Financial Department

Old 02-12-2008, 12:42 PM
Most Valued Gold Member

Re: Moneybookers?

sorry, you are dealing with a scammer. not moneybookers. there is no vehicle involved in this transaction, just you being tricked into sending western union money to an anonymous criminal. they use western union because it can be picked up anywhere in the world by anybody who knows the transaction number and the details, which you conviently send them by email.

Old 02-12-2008, 02:05 PM
Newbie Member

excuse me Mubbles, but I am not the one scamming anyone, thank you very much! I was sent that e-mail by Moneybookers, and I sent them my 5,200 for a vehicle I found on Auto Trader. Samantha Brown who is a member of Moneybookers told me to go through them it would be so easy, blah, blah....I western Unioned 5,200 and then get an e-mail yesterday say Moneybookers wants another 1900 for taxes, insurance and shipping Samantha was suppose to pay. Samantha told me that this vechilce was in Ohio so why 1900 is needed is beyone me, but I am not scamming anyone this is a crazy way for somoene to make a living. I work hard and this 5,200 was everything I worked for now i have no vehicle and no money. So my question is can I trust moneybookers? As of today I have no response from them.......I have sent over 30 e-mails...none of there numbers work and this Samantha girl as far as I know does not exsist as I have not heard from her in days....... Any suggestions??? I have every e-mail and every word from Samantha and Moneybookers. I just want my money back.....

Old 02-12-2008, 02:15 PM
I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.

Um... mumbles didn't suggest you were a scammer. He said you were dealing with scammers. The people you are sending money to are scammers....

There never was a truck. If there was they had no intention of sending it to you, just using it as a reason to keep asking you for more and more money... Why not? It'll all be refunded and you'll get your truck right? Wrong. They'll just keep making up extra charges until you say "enough" and then they dissapear with your money.

Don't send people money with western union. If you do it's as good as gone. I don't know that I would send money to my Mom on western union. Not that it's not secure, but there's no record of who picks up the money.

Old 02-12-2008, 03:39 PM
Newbie Member

okay my error.... But here is the question and I'm so new to this....Are you saying this is not the company Moneybookers? You think I'm sending money to a person? I did send it Western Union but it was suppose to go Moneygram I just didn't have that program out here since I live in a small town? I have a lot of e-mails from Moneybookers confirming payment? Do you still think I was scammed? I guess I should just expect it... This truck is still on Auto Trader and its still open to anyone else? Nothing I can do? Thanks for your help..:frustrated:

Old 02-12-2008, 04:23 PM
I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.

Well... I don't really have all the details or the 'other side' of the storey, but it sounds like you're up the creek. There sounds like very little you can do about it at this point. He has all the cards. It's possible that he could give you the truck and it all turns out to be a horrible mistake, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Moneygram is no better. You should have gone to see the truck and traded cash for keys inside am ownership transfer office. ( I assume vehicals require registration there as well as here)

At this point you don't even know if he owns the truck, he could be taking pictures of a random truck in suburbia.

Old 02-13-2008, 10:51 AM
Newbie Member

I probably did lose the money, but I did set up a dummy e-mail at MSN to see if this person would fall for it and try selling me the same truck twice, and YES she sure did. This morning I woke up to her selling me the same truck, and she also try selling it to my girlfriend at her e-mail address. I filed a complaint with the FBI ,and I have my local police coming over now I have all the paper work, and stuff, but I know I'll never see my money. The sad part is this same ad is still on Autotrader other people might fall for this, and I have e-mail autotrader, but gosh I feel bad if anyone else gets sucked in..... My other thing problem is, isn't Moneybookers a ligiment company? I hear people using them why can't I call them there numbers on line do not work? I'm confused....she is good I will say that much she or he could be making 15,000 this month.... and I still have no truck, and now i'm out 5,200!! If anyone knows any numbers to Moneybookers I just am so confused..in order for this person to collect this money that have to sign or somerthing I have two names...Samantha Brown is the e-mail name, but Mary Barton is the name I sent the money to? I feel defensless....:frustrated:

Old 02-13-2008, 01:21 PM
Most Valued Gold Member

this never had anything to do with moneybookers. you did not send money to moneybookers, you sent your money direct to the criminal. doubt that there is any situation that moneybookers would ever tell you use western union. the scammer faked everything to trick you.

i have never used moneybookers but would guess, like paypal, your momeybookers account would be linked to your checking account.

https://www.moneybookers.com/

site is operating slowly for me. i think you will find that you never had an account or transaction there. if you put in passwords or other valuable info into a faked site you will need to change passwords or disable accounts.

Last edited by mumbles : 02-13-2008 at 01:27 PM.

Old 02-16-2008, 11:30 PM
I am new at Scam.com

OK, so I just "bought" a travel trailer found on craigslist and paid someplace in UK via Western Union. Everything looked ok including instruction and response emails. Did I get screwed?

Old 02-17-2008, 08:39 AM
I am new at Scam.com

IT IS A SCAM!!! I did not find this site soon enough to save my daughter $2740 in "buying" a travel trailer! BEWARE!! (Nxt mssg will be actual scam info)

Just heard from MoneyBookers:
We would like to confirm that the email message in question has not been sent by us or by an "agent" of Moneybookers and has nothing to do with Moneybookers. It is a fraudulent message pretending to be from Moneybookers and intending to steal your funds.

Moneybookers does not work with agents and we do not use the services of Western Union. You should completely disregard this message and note that Moneybookers is a licensed internet payment provider - the only options for you to instruct a payment via Moneybookers or to upload funds into your Moneybookers account are displayed on our website."

Last edited by DenJFast : 02-17-2008 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Updating info

Old 02-17-2008, 08:44 AM
I am new at Scam.com

This is the scam my daughter fell for. :mad:

Seller Name: Garry Miller
Market Place: Craigslist.org
Advert Title: 1996 Aerolite Cub Travel Trailer
Advert #: 15643649
Buyer ' Richard Asche ' should feel confident purchasing from a MoneyBookers verified Seller.
Member ' Garry Miller ' has been verified by MoneyBookers and is committed to customer satisfaction and resolving disputes via mediation.
Our customer requires the payment to be made through Western Union money transfer service.
Pay using Western Union in association with MoneyBookers Ltd.
1. Locate the nearest Western Union Office
2. Make the payment with cash using the above MoneyBookers agent details
3. When the payment is made, email us the following information:
-10 digit MTCN (Money Transfer Control Number)
-Exact sender's name on file with Western Union
-Your street address on file with Western Union
-City and country where you sent the money from
-Amount sent

If you agree to the above stated conditions as well as the policies and procedures of Moneybookers, please notify us of such via email at our email address -
support@mbookersonline.com

MoneyBookers Agent Details:
You have to send the payment to:
First Name: Mark
Last Name: Dorchester
Street: 57 Aston St
City: Birmingham
Zip code: B4 7ES

Old 02-19-2008, 05:58 AM
Nothing is as it seems

Read my lips:

NEVER pay via Western Union. I don't care if they tell you that Jesus himself if brokering the deal. It is a SCAM.

Old 06-11-2008, 08:07 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RA4life View Post
excuse me Mubbles, but I am not the one scamming anyone, thank you very much! I was sent that e-mail by Moneybookers, and I sent them my 5,200 for a vehicle I found on Auto Trader. Samantha Brown who is a member of Moneybookers told me to go through them it would be so easy, blah, blah....I western Unioned 5,200 and then get an e-mail yesterday say Moneybookers wants another 1900 for taxes, insurance and shipping Samantha was suppose to pay. Samantha told me that this vechilce was in Ohio so why 1900 is needed is beyone me, but I am not scamming anyone this is a crazy way for somoene to make a living. I work hard and this 5,200 was everything I worked for now i have no vehicle and no money. So my question is can I trust moneybookers? As of today I have no response from them.......I have sent over 30 e-mails...none of there numbers work and this Samantha girl as far as I know does not exsist as I have not heard from her in days....... Any suggestions??? I have every e-mail and every word from Samantha and Moneybookers. I just want my money back.....
looks like you are tricked into parting with your hard earned money by a crook. if you are buying an truck, why dont you go over to that place and have a look at it and see the documents are proper or not. i feel you are at fault for having paid an unknown person. may this be a lesson not just for you, but for all others.

Old 06-11-2008, 08:08 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Valdez View Post
Read my lips:

NEVER pay via Western Union. I don't care if they tell you that Jesus himself if brokering the deal. It is a SCAM.

well said.

Old 07-24-2008, 10:57 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Moneybookers?

I am not saying Moneybookers is scamming people. Seems like this cat has a pattern down. He didn't get my money thanks to this site. Below is our communication. In red is text where he isn't being creative and using the same lingo with all people he scams:

"Hi,
There are 11240 miles on it, the bike is in great condition, has been properly maintained, has never been dropped or abused in any way. It has a clear title and the price I`m selling it for is $2700, which is including all shippings charges.
I live in Spokane I`m currently working in the UK (London) and I`ll be staying here for the next approximately 7 months, anyway I`m using MoneyBookers services so I can sell this bike without difficulty. I left it at their warehouse before leaving to the UK. They are supervising the entire process from payment, shipping with a 14-day inspection period included, returns (if needed) and refunding.
If you want to purchase it, let me know and I will explain you how MoneyBookers works and how we can move forward.
I am waiting your email.
Thanks"

So, I asked him if my friend who lives in Spokane could stop in and take a look. I like how the bike moved to Portland. Here it is:

" Hi again,
the bike is stored in Portland (at MoneyBookers storage facility). Usually they deliver the products with a 14-day return policy right after the payment is confirmed, for inspection and to pick it up instead of have it delivered you have to schedule an appointment, and it could take up to 25 days until you have it which is more than I`m willing to wait.
If you want to purchase it, let me explain you how MoneyBookers works and how we can proceed:
To start the official transaction I need your full name and delivery address, I forward it to MoneyBookers and they will notify you with all the instructions (payment, shipping, my account status etc.). One of their agents will be assigned to receive and handle the payment. You have to transfer the funds to their agent as per their email directions and when the payment is complete, you have to send them the transfers information, they verify it, deposit the purchase amount in their trust account and start the shipping process. You will have a 14-day return policy, so you will have the chance to test and inspect the bike before funds are released. If you decide to keep it, they have the power of attorney so they will transfer the title into your name and release me the funds, if not they will be responsible for the return shipping and you will have a complete refund within 3 days.
Anyway, they will explain you detailed the entire process.
I am waiting your email.
Thanks"

I probably should have begun the process just to track a phone number or IP address.

Old 07-24-2008, 05:12 PM
Most Valued Gold Member

if it was that easy to track the criminal he would already be an inmate.

Old 08-07-2010, 07:36 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Its August 2010 and Samantha lives on! She is now Samantha Murray living in Canada after a rush divorce. I hope the FBI catch this nasty virus of a person! Didn't fall for her scam, but she doesn't know it yet! Hoping to get someone on it before we put the fire out! As soon as I saw the detailed info required before purchase I was on google and found poor RA4life...hope someone does something about this...but its all over the web. Obviously if one is looking online to buy, they have some research savyness to protect themselves. Its just sad that Samantha is still out there, 2 years later, doing this scummy thing to people that actually do need a break and can't afford the high prices out there in consumer land.

Here is my response to all parties involved.

Sam,

Since you wanted to explain your divorce car dilemma to me, I thought I would tell you a bit about myself.

When I was about 13 years old - I used to hang out with a group of kids, all about the same age. We would hang out at whomever' parents weren't home and just hang out, sit around. Some would fool around privately, others drink or just sit around shooting the sh**. It really wasn't a big crazy party, just some bored kids. Those of us that chose to go home early, would just head out. I never remember that part, going home...for some reason. I think it was late and I had a good many blocks before I'd hit home, I may have been very scared and just ran like crazy the whole way. So much for our independence and maturity.

Anyway, there was always a couple of boys that were going to do a B N E (Braking 'n Entering, Stealing) later that nite. I never knew what they did, never asked, never cared enough as to why they always had money and seemed so self confident. They never showed us anything and they never talked about it, only that they were staying up late and were going to do the B N E that nite. The cute boy in the bunch, Gordy, always tried not to look nervous, but his cheeks would turn a little red when he would tell us he was staying up. I thought, shame? Then we all would forget about it. Never talked about it.

Him and his buddy eventually grew away from us as teens always do. Girls go one way (to more mature friends) Boys just continue on the same path that eventually leads them to their own maturity, pretty much both good and bad aspects of who they were when they were young. The two boys that did the BNE's - never heard from them or any news of what happened to them. I know Gordy was a big ladies man with us, until we moved on, and I think him and his sidekick ended up quitting school, later in foster homes (his dad was really old), juvi homes and later, just another version of what they were like as boys growing up in the suburbs, most likely, some jail time.

For me, coming from that early 70's suburb life which was mostly unstable large families, crazy nites as a teen drinking etc., finally I ended up living an entirely different life. Because I was exposed to such diverse living conditions, I have been able to see it all, live a very diverse and different life. But I never chose that route. Drugs, theft, scams and most importantly, walking away from my family, kids or anyone I loved. Not perfect in any sense of the word as I am not sure what that really means, yet.

But, I am a perfect candidate for this opportunity - to buy a vehicle dirt cheap and in such pristine condition. Someone like me, living a life on the peripheral of those whose lives that were always two or three shades darker than mine. To be that person, who deserves a break as opposed to those who choose to give them "a" break, well......is almost non existent. Generosity is mainly given by those whom have nothing to give materially, only - kindness. We here, in the first world, have no idea what nothing is - unless we go into that world with open eyes and see that even in the poorest countries, greed is the number one survival mechanism, victims publicly abound as part of the "norm".

Balance comes with the realization belonging to the human family, we have two ends of the spectrum, life and death. What makes us different from mammals is what happens in between, our ability to experience moment by moment, and our ability to interpret those moments on some kind of level within our current existence, sending us eventually to the other end of life's spectrum. We all end up at the opposite end of the spectrum, death. So what is the purpose in making the in between good or bad? Well,...Joy Laughter Love Peace Sadness Loss Respect Kindness Compassion Guilt Innocence. All just words until you fully experience them. All colored by our present environment based on circumstance. Some moments are crisp and clear, some are always grey and discolored. Something beautiful, or something ugly, your creation, your life in between. The whole purpose that most of us forget, is that this is your life, your benefit, your chance to create something unique like "this is me!" or something that blatantly breaks life up into pieces, destroying the integrity of all involved including the self. What does it matter?.....there are many such experiences in every life, on every path, rich and poor. No matter, the last word will be yours and the decisions you made. Does anyone really care? No, not for most of us who have seen worse, unfortunately. It is the moments in between that are yours to keep, only you. Thats' the secret, thats' the gift. Because believe me, I am not going to lug this huge SUV you posted on SF Gate Classifieds, with me when I go. Only the hearts and light of those I have had the ultimate experience to love. Pure and simple.

Thank you for choosing me. Thank you for making me your ultimate victim today. $900 dollars worth that is. You know its all relevant. One persons loss - anothers' gain. My gain, this time. Not your usual victim, huh?

I am one of many.

As is,
Saved by the Bell

PS (Your famous! Congrats! Please follow links below and notified persons/agencies.)

http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?p=544845

http://www.olemedia.net/fraud/autoscams.html

and notified including the above, MoneyBookers, Department of Justice, SFGate Crime Dept.
Internet Crime Complaint Center: http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

I really wanted to string you along alot longer, but in the end I figured out this is just bad ****** and you can keep it, its all yours.

Last edited by savedbythebell : 08-08-2010 at 01:57 PM.