report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2008, 12:20 PM
Newbie Member

Is Vindale Research legit?

Is anyone familiar with Vindale Research? They are a online survey company but I have no idea if it's legit. Can anyone help me out?

Old 02-06-2008, 01:01 PM
MomOnAMission

Re: Is Vindale Research legit?

Yes.....from my understanding they are. It's just another twist to doing surveys. They combined completing offers with completing surveys about the offers you completed.

It's a great concept....but it was not producing the kind of extra cash I wanted. When I found the Free Online Cash System, I abandoned everything else I was doing like, Vindale...AW Surveys...Inbox Dollars..Cash Crate...Send Earnings....
And so on. I still have all those accounts.....but they are doing nothing for me.

Old 02-06-2008, 01:16 PM
Banned

Welcome to scam.com.

Websites 'Contact Us' page gives,
Quote:
Vindale Research
243 Fifth Avenue
Suite 541
New York, New York 10016
1-877-4-VINDALE
The WhoIs info gives,
Quote:
Registrant:
Vindale Media, LLC
243 Fifth Avenue
Suite 541
New York, New York 10016
United States
BBB report gives,
Quote:
Name:
SAYFOREXAMPLE, INC
Additional Business Names:
Paid Samples
PaidSamples.com
Survey 4 Profit
Survey4Profit.com
Vindale Research

Address:
350 5th Avenue, Suite 5411
New York , NY 10118

Principal:
Nathanael Ehrich, President
Phone Number:
(877) 729-4392
Additional Phone Numbers:
(877) 484-6325
(866) 841-3898
(866) 841-3898

www.sayforexample.com
Additional Websites:
www.20in20.com
www.survey4profit.com
Type of Business:
Work-At-Home Cos.

Additional Locations
This firm also does business at the following locations.

243 5th Avenue, Suite 541
New York, NY 10016

Nature of Business
Consumers report to the BBB that they complete surveys for this company but they do not get paid accordingly.

Customer Experience
Based on BBB files, this business has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau, because there is a pattern of complaints, and the business has not corrected the underlying reason for the complaints.
One thing I'd point out is that the phone number given on the "Contact Us' page apperas to be one digit too long.
1-877-4-VINDALE
1-877 484-6325

Old 02-06-2008, 05:49 PM
Banned

When you complete offers, you will have to give out your credit card number and spend money. You will not make money from them, so it's a scam.

Old 02-06-2008, 08:36 PM
Newbie Member

Thanks for letting me know.

Old 02-07-2008, 10:38 AM
Wheres my Spam? Ask your friendly neighborhood moderator.. ME

Vindale is NOT a traditional survey/research site... if you choose to sign up you will get a lot of spam and they do expect you to complete offers.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:33 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I got the following in my email after applying for the following positions on *****slist:
Re: Assistant Manager (las vegas )‏
and
Re: Retail or Restaurant Manager (las vegas )‏
BOTH EMAILS WERE THE FOLLOWING and sent from:apply@pleakin.com (job@pleakin.com)

Thank you for contacting us.

If you are reading this e-mail then congratulations!

We here at Vindale Research ltd (child company of ReigningFire) have chosen you as one of our potential new hires.

Unfortunately we've had a heck of a lot of these blasted viruses coming through to our email via *****slist, so we're asking you to follow the simple steps below.

Sorry for the hassle...
We are eager to get the process moving quickly so please get this underway as soon as possible.

Simply click here: http://www.reigningfire.com/VindaleJobApplication.html

(NOTE: You will first be taken to the home page we've set up for ACTUAL customers, don't worry about this... it's just one of our online ventures.

To get to the Job Application form simply key your email in and CLICK SUBMIT. On the 3rd page you will see a navigation bar on the left. There you'll see the "Potential Hires" link. Click on that link, simply fill out the brief details and then upload your resume.)

After the above is done you will also recieve more info about the job,if we contact you saying you've been selected for the job, you alwayshave the right to say no.

We look forward to having you on the Vindale team!

Good luck,
Sean McFall, HR :)

Old 04-08-2009, 07:59 AM
Newbie Member

Hello All!

Just wanted to chime in for a moment for those wanting some truth to it all. Vindale is an actual company that will send you actual checks. I have received a few from them and they are definitely legit. They tell you how much the offer costs, how much they pay you to complete it, and your actual profit from the entire transaction. You wont get rich, but you will definitely make some extra money. Perhaps a few hundred or so in a month. Not much, but it will take care of a bill or two. Just to break the curiousity for those looking to make an income. Have a great day!

Old 04-25-2011, 08:04 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I got an offer in my email box to become an member and get paid to answer surveys. I checked them out at the BBB in New York. They have an F rating. Most of the complaints have to do with not getting paid. I'm learning to use websites like scam.com and the BBB to check out every work from home caper.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:28 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I just signed-up and have spent SEVERAL hours completing surveys and evals. When I was not credited for the majority of my work I contacted them only to hear they will not pay me as I didn't keep details on all of the work I had done.

I am now being stalked by insurance agents, credit card companies, etc. due to all of the garbage I had to sign up for only to not get paid in the end.

If you ask me they are very much a scam.

Old 04-26-2011, 03:42 PM
Wheres my Spam? Ask your friendly neighborhood moderator.. ME

Wish you had read this thread before joining. They were one of the companies I joined early on when I was learning about survey companies and my inbox was FILLED with spam in a short period of time. If I remember right when I did ask to opt out of their list they did take me off of it after a few weeks.. but wow, it was a nightmare for awhile there.

Old 05-08-2011, 08:04 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I seriously want to do a paid surveys thing for a little extra money over the summer. I wanted to do Vindale because the cash payouts looked pretty good, but of course watch what offers I complete because I sure as hell won't give out my credit card # or sign up for any trial periods.

I mean, come on, the trial periods have to be cancelled carefully do I get the money, but I have to phone in order to get the period cancelled. It's stupid when customers are more comfortable sending emails.

After reading the posts here, it sounds like," Vindale is legit, but they don't care about resolving customers' complaints and don't say anything about your spending money and all."

From accounting and a business class I took, I think some companies do this because they want to get more customers in order to make a profit.

Just wondering if there are any good paid survey sites. Dollarsurvey's FAQs included a note that each survey completed earns me just $1, and that some of the surveys can be up to 25min long. There is no way I'm spending 35% of one hour just for a dollar, it's got to be worth at least $10.

Thanks!
Brom2855

Old 07-05-2011, 02:33 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Vindale is legit, you can choose to not make any money and buy stuff to get rewards, or have patience, fill out surveys (yeah some go on for 5 min before you don't qualify, quickly learn, unless strongly interested in an area, act dumb). I have received a $50 check, it spent just fine, took about 4-5 months, over half way to next check. I have had some months I never qualify, and some days like today I completed 4 surveys. I don't use my credit card, I don't buy anything, just fill out surveys while watching a program on tv to pass the time (too many commercials on tv). If I have something else to do, I ignore the email, the same survey is there to do later on. So the question is, how bored, or desperate are you?

Old 07-05-2011, 07:22 PM
Newbie Member

I signed up some years ago and within a month or 2 I earned around $50...The problem is a lot of the high paying surveys require you to purchase something, usually a subscription for a service, then it is up to you to cancel and get a refund which can be a nightmare....Then I found that after completing a survey and submitting it, it never got through the system as being verified to enable payment, so I gave up on it...You could probably earn more by promoting it and getting $5 for a referral

Old 09-12-2011, 09:50 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Most of these sites sell your email address. Expect the SPAM.

The smartest thing to do is to set up a separate emal account for these types of sites. Then when the SPAM gets too heavy, drop the address and pick up a new one. Start all over and say good-bye to the SPAM. With this
"trash email box" system, you don't have to notify anyone of your address change.

Old 09-19-2011, 10:20 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindabibles View Post
Vindale is legit, you can choose to not make any money and buy stuff to get rewards, or have patience, fill out surveys (yeah some go on for 5 min before you don't qualify, quickly learn, unless strongly interested in an area, act dumb). I have received a $50 check, it spent just fine, took about 4-5 months, over half way to next check. I have had some months I never qualify, and some days like today I completed 4 surveys. I don't use my credit card, I don't buy anything, just fill out surveys while watching a program on tv to pass the time (too many commercials on tv). If I have something else to do, I ignore the email, the same survey is there to do later on. So the question is, how bored, or desperate are you?
Hey I just got my 2nd check, still did not use credit card to buy a thing, no spam, as i said before, when bored and nothing better to do, and ADD like I am, while watching tv, fill in surveys, a couple of months later get $50 to blow. Not bad, about 1.50 per hour pay and sometimes less, cause dont qualify, but hey, I had nothing better to do, and have some money to pay bills. Not bad

Old 09-19-2011, 06:31 PM
I am new at Scam.com

To protect you from scams, maybe you should use : www.mywot.com

Old 10-16-2013, 12:20 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Vindale Is A Scam Pure And Simple.

1. They Pay Selected Individuals Which Is How They Get Away With The Pretense They Are Legit. Keep A Few People Happy.

2. They Will Let You Get Them Referrals But They Wont Pay You For Them. I Had 10 Referrals And Not Paid For One. They Tell You Its Becuz The Referral Didnt Complete A Survey Yet.

3. The Surveys Are A Joke. They Ask For Personal Info Regarding Finances Etc. You Take 15 Mins Answering Questions Then You Are Told You Dont Qualify And No Credit Is Given.

4. You Cannot Post On Their Fb Page. Red Flag Right There.

5. The Surveys That Supposedly Pay From 10.00 To 75.00 Are A Scam Too. They Want You Complete An Offer Giving Cc Info First.

6.they Are Simply An Info Gathering Site And Credit Card Number Stealing Company.

7. STAY FAR FAR AWAY

Last edited by zaccius : 10-16-2013 at 12:22 PM.