report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Religious Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2008, 08:14 PM
Qwerty Kabal

Who is being described???

1. He was born on December 25th.

2. He is described as spiritual light contending with spiritual darkness, and through his labors the kingdom of darkness shall be lit with heavenís own light.

3. He was know as "the good shepherd," "the way, the truth and the light," "redeemer," "savior," and "Messiah."

4. He was identified with both the lion and the lamb.

5. He was known to have owed his prominence to the belief that he was the source of life, and could also redeem the souls of the dead into the better world.

6. The followers of this god purified themselves by baptism.

7. The most important of celebrations was his birthday, celebrated on December 25th.

8. Sunday was held as sacred.

9. The followers placed a flood at the beginning of history, they believed in the immortal soul, in a last judgment, and in a resurrection of the dead.

10. The followers formed and organized a church, with a developed hierarchy. They possessed the ideas of Atonement, and a savior, who is human and yet divine.

11. They had a Eucharist.

12. There was a description of an infant seated in the lap of his virgin mother, while on their knees before him were Magi adoring him and offering gifts.

13. He was buried in a tomb and after three days he rose again. His resurrection was celebrated every year.

"All things are perfect to every last flaw and bound in accord with Eris's Law."
-HBT; The Book of Advice 1:7

Old 02-04-2008, 08:34 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Who is being described???

Lucifer!!!!!
The internet is the last light of truth and hope...it is truly of the people, by the people and for the people. We must not let it be subverted for any purpose other than the truth. And that truth shall spread to every man woman and child across the globe. No longer will those in power carry the sole means to decide for us, yet we now shall have the power to decide to tune them out.

Old 02-04-2008, 10:26 PM
Deus Ex Machina

Probably jesus. who are you thinking.

Old 02-05-2008, 03:04 AM
Silver Member

Mithras ????

Old 02-05-2008, 07:06 AM
Qwerty Kabal

Lets wait for a few more guesses then I will tell who I'm thinking of.
I have a long road trip for work today so it won't be until much later or tomorrow even.

"All things are perfect to every last flaw and bound in accord with Eris's Law."

Old 02-05-2008, 07:11 AM
I am God because I say I am. Prove me wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rally_Racer View Post
Probably jesus. who are you thinking.
I'm pretty sure I know who he's talking about, but it's widely accepted that Jesus wan't actually born on Dec 25th. That's just an example of the christians abducting another pagan holiday.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:09 AM
Platinum Member

Who is being described

background; Ancient Sumerian God.

General interests; World destruction. Ritual sacrifice. Cats and dogs living together. Mass hysteria.

Music Stevie Nicks

Films Evil Dead Trilogy (minus the last one)

Television Baywatch

Books The Roylance Guide to Secret Societies, Tobin's SPIRIT GUIDE

Heroes; Stay puffed Marshmellow Man

Groups: Windshield Taggers, Extreme Party Photos, Movie and TV Characters of MySpace

Body type: 272cm / Athletic

Ethnicity: Other

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn

quote "Are you a god?"
The internet is the last light of truth and hope...it is truly of the people, by the people and for the people. We must not let it be subverted for any purpose other than the truth. And that truth shall spread to every man woman and child across the globe. No longer will those in power carry the sole means to decide for us, yet we now shall have the power to decide to tune them out.

Old 02-05-2008, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladine View Post
Who is being described

background; Ancient Sumerian God.

General interests; World destruction. Ritual sacrifice. Cats and dogs living together. Mass hysteria.

Music Stevie Nicks

Films Evil Dead Trilogy (minus the last one)

Television Baywatch

Books The Roylance Guide to Secret Societies, Tobin's SPIRIT GUIDE

Heroes; Stay puffed Marshmellow Man

Groups: Windshield Taggers, Extreme Party Photos, Movie and TV Characters of MySpace

Body type: 272cm / Athletic

Ethnicity: Other

Zodiac Sign: Capricorn

quote "Are you a god?"
Gozer! But he was defeated by the Ghostbusters. Who ya gonna call?

Old 02-05-2008, 12:20 PM
Gold Member

im pretty sure its mithras, i dont know where but i remember reading something like it on another thread

Old 02-05-2008, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
im pretty sure its mithras, i dont know where but i remember reading something like it on another thread
Oh yeah mythras might be closer. I thought it was Horus.

Old 02-05-2008, 06:59 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_jag View Post
The ghostbusters tell us the truth about new york and cults that are trying to control...

gozer represents the goddess columbia

http://www.vincentbridges.com/Columbia.html

http://vincentbridges.com/2001/09/22...ghost-capital/

http://vincentbridges.com/2002/09/23...lumbia-part-4/

http://thefreemanperspective.blogspo...nkgifanna.html

http://cadeveo.wordpress.com/2007/04...n-perspective/

http://thebravenewworldorder.blogspo...is-sirius.html

http://thebravenewworldorder.blogspo...-stargate.html
Quote:
Gozer the Gozerian
Gozer the Gozerian, also known as Gozer the Destructor, Volguus Zildrohar, and The Traveler is a fictional Sumerian god who is the major supernatural enemy in the film, Ghostbusters. The character's name may have been an in-joke, as gozer in Hebrew means "surgeon who performs circumcisions". (In the actual Sumerian religion a somewhat similar deity is known as Tiamat.) According to other sources, the name "Gozer" is from a documented haunting that came to the attention of Dan Aykroyd, but this is unsubstantiated.

Gozer has two dog-like minions called Zuul ("The Gatekeeper") and Vinz Clortho ("The Keymaster"). Gozer the Traveller appears in one of his pre-chosen forms. During the movie Vinz Clortho speaking through Louis Tully claimed that: During the rectification of the Vuldronaii the Traveller came as a large, moving Torb. Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants they chose a new form for him--that of a giant Sloar. Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day, I can tell you.

After World War I, an insane surgeon named Ivo Shandor, leader of a secret apocalyptic cult, designed a massive apartment building in New York City (55 Central Park West) specifically to gather PKE (psychokinetic energy) that would power a portal that would let Gozer and his minions enter the world and destroy it.

By 1984, the building had gathered enough energy to pull Zuul and Vinz Clortho through: the two planned to possess suitable humans to open the portal on top of the building to let Gozer through. Because of this (according to Dr. Spengler's reading), the PKE in the surrounding area in 1984 was a few thousand times normal. As a by-product, numerous ghosts were revived and became active throughout the city as they waited to join their new master.
When someone asks you if you're a god, you say YES!

Last edited by Paladine : 02-05-2008 at 07:08 PM.

Old 02-05-2008, 07:12 PM
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
I'm pretty sure I know who he's talking about, but it's widely accepted that Jesus wan't actually born on Dec 25th. That's just an example of the christians abducting another pagan holiday.
Cant forget easter, the biggest pagan holiday in the pagans little world

Old 02-05-2008, 08:00 PM
Qwerty Kabal

For those of you who guessed Mithras you all guessed correctly and for a prize you get a home version of our game. lol

I find the similarities between the gods of different religions, especially the death and resurrection gods interesting. LJ I believe your a second runner up with Horus he could have fit the descrpition too.

Thanks for playing Guess The God!

Last edited by Anti_thesisofreason : 02-05-2008 at 08:01 PM. Reason: correction

Old 02-05-2008, 08:09 PM
Platinum Member

older links on the subject

http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t...ghlight=Mithra

http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t...ighlight=horus

http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t...ighlight=horus

Old 02-05-2008, 08:14 PM
Qwerty Kabal

Good links. Sorry for the repeat.

Old 02-05-2008, 08:40 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti_thesisofreason View Post
Good links. Sorry for the repeat.
nah its cool. I had almost forgotten who mithras was...so thanks for bringing this back up in a fun way

Old 02-05-2008, 08:47 PM
Diamond Member

Quote:
I thought the evil force defeated by the Ghost Busters was "Dagon" ?

Old 02-06-2008, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawud View Post
I thought the evil force defeated by the Ghost Busters was "Dagon" ?
Oh... maybe Gozer the Gozarian was in Ghostbusters 2. Yeah the one in the painting....