report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2010, 02:37 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: Yahoo Finance Scam

Another fraud email address
dileau@msn.com
Thanks for all your postings here. you saved me 3000 pounds. the ad is still out there on autotrader for a mazda 5 so watch out.

Old 10-17-2010, 04:20 PM
Silver Member

Glad to help:
another 2 'Yahoo Finance' fraud email addresses from the pages of Autotrader -
Quote:
lynepat@msn.com
hughes112@msn.com

Old 10-19-2010, 05:13 AM
I am new at Scam.com

[FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif']Well you guys saved me from this scam. Mine was a 1970 Chevelle- too good to be true and a lot of push back when I asked for details. Mine was from the following e-mail- [/font]
[FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif'][FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif']jose.jimenez2@msn.com[/font][/font]
[FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif']If it sounds too good to be true- it usually is.[/font]
[FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif']Here is the response once the hook was set.[/font]
[FONT='Tahoma','sans-serif']Hello again,

the car is located in Reno NV sealed and ready for the shipping. Shipping will be done via DAS and it will take no more then 2-3 days top (depending on your exact location).
I have a contract with Yahoo Finance so this deal must go through them. I'm very busy with my job and I'm left out of the town so I can't meet in person with you so this is the reason why I chose to sell my car over the internet. According to Yahoo Finance you have 5 days from the time you receive the car to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not.
Here is how it will work:
1.First of all I will need the following details from you:
- Full Name
- Full Shipping Address
- Working Phone#
2. After I will receive the details from you, I will forward them to Yahoo Finance .
3. After they will process your info, they will send us both invoices. The invoice will send you the details on how to make a refundable payment.
4. You will send the payment to Yahoo Finance . They will hold in trust the funds and advise me to ship to your address.
5. Yahoo Finance will contact me and I will ship the car to you. After you receive the car you will have 5 days to test, verify and do whatever you need to the car.. If you will buy, then I will receive the payment details from Yahoo Finance so that I can pick up the money.
6. If you will decide that you will not buy the car, Yahoo Finance will refund the money and I will have the shipping company come pick up my car. If you wish to make the transaction, please send me the necessary info so that we can proceed.
I look forward to hear from you.

Thank you![/font]

Old 10-19-2010, 09:07 AM
Bean Sidhe of the Duannan

@ Jaspin
Thanks for posting up the email address and email from that fake vehicle scammer.

Now that you have responded to a scammer, you are on his 'potential sucker' list, he will try again to separate you from your cash. He will send you more emails from his other free email addresses using another of his fake names with all kinds of stories of lost money, millions in the bank and desperate, loney, sexy singles. He will sell you email address to all his scamming buddies who will also send you dozens of fake emails all with the exact same goal, you sending them your cash via Western Union or moneygram.

As you already know, whenever suspicious or just plain curious, google everything, names used, companies mentioned, phone numbers given, all email addresses, even sentences from the emails as you might be unpleasantly surprised at what you find already posted online. You can also post/ask here and every scam-warner-fraud-watching site you can find before taking a chance and losing money to a scammer.

Found a romance scammer? Post the information over at RomanceScam.com

Old 10-21-2010, 02:48 PM
Silver Member

Yes thanks for posting.
I'd be interested in where the fraudsters are advertising at the moment, also.

Old 10-22-2010, 05:34 PM
Silver Member

Some more 'Yahoo Finance' fraud email accounts from the pages of Autotrader.
Maybe the Spanish-sounding names are meant to be more convincing

Old 10-25-2010, 09:56 AM
Chapin

I was interested in two cars Amazing, BMW 2003 M3 for 4,900 and a porshe cayenne 2004 for 5,500 Not very smart people I guess LOL here are both of there Emails.
Lawrence Weaver
weaver2323@hotmail.com

adam marlin
adamjanemarlin@msn.com

Porshe Seller:

Hello,
Now I am not in the town. I'm in London , Ontario (Canada) and I have been very busy. Anyway , thank you for your interest in buying my 2004 Porsche Cayenne 4DR TURBO. The car is located in New York , USA right now and has US papers. Why is the price so low? My mother is terribly sick and the doctor is asking for about $5,000 before any operation can start because she has breast cancer and one of her breast have to be cut off to prevent the other from being infected since it has already been in a critical condition . So I had to move out of USA to be with her in Canada at the St Joseph's Health Care .So i need to sell this car at this price $5,500 because i want to sell it fast. My mother life is preferable than a car. It does matter how much i bought the car. So all that I want to do now is to sell the car at this price,($5,500) .The title is clean and you will have absolutely no problems to register the car .
I want this transaction to go smoothly enough as I am caught in the middle of some very important events and have little time at my disposal. The car is like new, in perfect conditions , accident free , no scratches , no special marks , no need for additional repairs what so ever.. a genuine road runner ready to be yours, but only if you shall understand and you won't make me loose time as it has already happened to me . The car is exactly as shown in the pictures .
I have a contract with Yahoo Finance so this deal must go through them. According to Yahoo Finance you have 5 days from the time you receive the car to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not.
Here is how it will work:
1.First of all I will need the following details from you:
- Full Name
- Full Shipping Address
- Working Phone#
2. After I will receive the details from you, I will forward them to Yahoo Finance .
3. After they will process your info, they will send us both invoices. The invoice will send you the details on how to make a refundable payment.
4. You will send the payment to Yahoo Finance . They will hold in trust the funds and advise me to ship to your address.
5. Yahoo Finance will contact me and I will ship the car to you. After you receive the car you will have 5 days to test, verify and do whatever you need to the car..
6. If you decide to keep the car you will contact yahoo and confirm that you will keep it and they will release me the money
7. If you will decide that you will not buy the car, Yahoo Finance will refund the money and I will have the shipping company come pick up my car. If you wish to make the transaction, please send me the necessary info so that we can proceed.
I look forward to hear from you.

P.S:Sorry the phone company make some upgrades in my area and my phone line is down.
Thank you!

BMW Seller :

Hello again,
Here is the VIN:WBSBR93443PK03690.
I work as a petroleum engineer currently on a rig offshore. Now I am not in the town.
The total amount that you will pay is $4,980 with shipping and transfer fees included .First payment is $2,680 and the rest of payment($2,300) you can make after you receive the car and decide to keep it.
Shipping will be done via DAS and it will take no more then 2-3 days top (depending on your exact location).
I will try to tell you in few words how the process works through Yahoo Finance.
Yahoo Finance services accept and hold payment from the buyer until the buyer receives and approves the merchandise. Only then do they forward the payment to the seller. You will send the payment to Yahoo Finance .
You will receive all the original documents and keys with the car. I signed all the paperwork and the clear title is ready to be transferred to the new owner.
They will hold in trust the funds and advise me to ship to your address. You will get the car and test drive it, inspect it etc for 5 days. After that you will have to confirm with Yahoo Finance that you like it and I will get paid at that time.
If you don't like it you will get your money back in full and I will get my car back and try to find another possible buyer. This will be at no cost for you so it's your decision.
If you are really interested in the purchase please get back to me asap with your full name,phone number and shipping address so I can forward them at Yahoo Finance in order to open a case and they will guide you through the rest of the process so we can complete this deal successfully and in the best manner.
They will contact you with all the instructions step by step on how to complete the transaction.

Thank you,
Adam

Old 11-01-2010, 04:44 PM
Silver Member

A few more 'Yahoo Finance'/'Yahoo Wallet Buyer Protection' fraud email accounts.

Old 11-02-2010, 09:18 PM
Silver Member

Some more 'Yahoo Finance/Yahoo Wallet' fraud email accounts:

Old 11-04-2010, 06:27 PM
Silver Member

You know the drill...but for the benefit of AWKSE: Some more 'Yahoo Finance/Yahoo Wallet' fraud email accounts from Autotrader ads.

Old 11-05-2010, 07:17 PM
Silver Member

Beware of ads linking to mycar4sale.co.uk : it's another fraud domain.
3 more 'Yahoo Finance' fraud email accounts from Autotrader ads:
Quote:
martinown@msn.com
bencarey44@msn.com
scowilson@msn.com

Old 11-06-2010, 07:38 PM
Silver Member

More 'Yahoo Finance/Yahoo Wallet' and other escrow fraud email accounts from Autotrader ads:

Old 11-12-2010, 05:40 PM
Silver Member

And some more 'Yahoo Finance/Yahoo Wallet/Yahoo Services' escrow fraud emails from ads on Autotrader:

Old 11-13-2010, 02:58 PM
Silver Member

Also beware of ads linking to mycarlist.co.uk - another fraud domain.
Some more 'Yahoo Finance/Yahoo Wallet' fraud email accounts:

Old 11-15-2010, 07:28 AM
I am new at Scam.com

rtrueman@msn.com selling a zafira on auto trader at the moment doing the same trick.
Said he had moved from uk to cadiz in spain and took the car with him offering the car £4500 when should be around £10000,
Nearly fell for it untill i typed in yahoo finance scam and this page came up.
Thanks for the info peeps, could of lost a few grand.

Old 11-17-2010, 04:18 PM
Silver Member

A couple more 'Yahoo' or other escrow fraud emails from ads on Autotrader uk:
Quote:
martink112@msn.com
MARY.B.D@msn.com

Old 11-18-2010, 11:21 PM
I am new at Scam.com

yahoowallet.co.uk is not a yahoo domain name; it is regsitered on a different name. Below are the details of the domain registration:

Domain name:
yahoowallet.co.uk

Registrant:
silvino herrera

Registrant type:
Unknown

Registrant's address:
32 carretera d espana
vigo
celta
Spain

Registrar:
PublicDomainRegistry.Com [Tag = PDR-IN]
URL: http://www.publicdomainregistry.com

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 08-Nov-2010
Renewal date: 08-Nov-2012
Last updated: 08-Nov-2010

Registration status:
Registration request being processed.

Name servers:
ns1.web4africa.com
ns2.web4africa.com

Beaware of this.
I came in contact with this website when they advertised a Volkswagen Toureg 2007 (with a real market value of £17000) at £5000. No surprise they operate from south of Spain, Malaga.
There are many nigerians scammers operating in the south of Spain.
I first saw the ad on Autotrader where they advertised their website mycarlist.co.uk.

BE AWARE. THEY ARE SCAMMERS. THERE IS NO CAR, THEY WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY!