report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > MLM Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2008, 08:28 PM

Great Life International / vidacell

A friend of mine mailed me a bunch of literature trying to get me to sign up for this MLM deal. The company is called Great Life International. They are a couple years old. They have one product called "Vidacell". My friend has been involved for at least a year, I think in a small way up to now. He swears by the product, and it actually looks like a useful supplement although it's grossly overpriced. (Strike one.)
Their literature is full of technobabble and outrageous testimonials, (strike two.)
It is MLM, but I think it only pays two levels, (strike two and a half.)
One of the founders was involved in Cyberwize years ago. I believe though, he ended up leaving them and testifying against them in a case involving misleading earnings claims. (Strike 3??).

Anyway, I've spent the last couple weeks researching MLM, but I can't find anything specifically related to G.L.I. or Vidacell except sites of their distributors and TONS of testimonial sites, which mean nothing to me.

This has all the earmarks of a scam, but before I'm accused of being a "dream stealer", I'd like to know if anyone has anything definitive about them that I can inform my friend of. He's talking now of "young dudes" making ridiculous incomes and some web conferencing scheme he's about to get involved in. I'm afraid he's going to get sucked into this thing because he really does swear by the product. He even uses it on his purebred dairy goats. He's a great guy, but he's not the most sophisticated guy in the world and I need some concrete info. to warn him off if it's warranted. With just general info about how 99% of MLM's are scams, I'm sure I'll be dismissed as just being "negative". (I'm kind of that way anyway but prefer to call it skeptical).
I'd particularly like to find their Income Disclosure Statement, but it's not on their site, I can't find it on any search engines, and I don't know where else to look.
Thanks for any help any of you could give me in this.
The website is: www.greatlifeintl.com

Old 01-12-2008, 09:23 PM
Silver Member

Re: Great Life International / vidacell

Patented rice grains, huh?

First, I would want to observe the physical appearance of the owners/ officers of the company for clues about the effectiveness of the product.

Then, I'd sit back and watch where the company heads within the next few years.

It's, probably, too early to jump in or judge.

JMHO

Old 01-13-2008, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWeb View Post
Patented rice grains, huh?

First, I would want to observe the physical appearance of the owners/ officers of the company for clues about the effectiveness of the product.

Then, I'd sit back and watch where the company heads within the next few years.

It's, probably, too early to jump in or judge.

JMHO
But these are no mere rice grains. These are Mechanically-Hydrolized & Hydrothermatically-Bifurcated, Fractionated Polysaccharinated & Peptided Cellular Nutrition Interjection Units By Gawd. The Scientists at Thailands' NILMRCSDJAR, which roughly translated is the "National Institute of Let's Move This Rice and Create Some Damn Jobs Around Here", will back me up on this!! :smile:

Seriously though, a pic. of the founders, Paul Scott & Gregg Sturz was in a vanity piece my friend sent. They look like your avg. late middle-aged squash players. Fit, but not particularly studly. I can't find anything on Scott, and little about Sturz other than his past ties with Prepaid Legal and Cyberwize. Nothing illuminating. These are marketing guys, not health guru's. They have some "Natureopathic" type "doctors" to shill for them though.

The vanity piece "Home Business Connection", claims 5000 distributors since they started 6/2006, with "several million" (whatever that means), in first year sales. Of course there is a couple pages of testimonials by distributors that supposedly got/are getting rich. Right.

Thanks for your response sky.

Last edited by sailorman : 01-13-2008 at 07:31 AM.

Old 01-13-2008, 10:14 AM

Hmmm...sounds too fishy and hyped..Id be careful. I have something you might be interested in..click on my link in my signature

Old 01-12-2009, 07:59 PM
I am new at Scam.com

"He swears by the product, and it actually looks like a useful supplement although it's grossly overpriced. "

The most common problem with most mlm's overpriced...but they do offer some good products usually with less additives then most over the counter products.
This product called VidaCell is Stabilized Rice Bran, very much like a product from Cyberwize called PSP+, there is much research in PubMed on Stabilized Rice Bran I myself have not been able to find a product like this over the counter. I use a product called Tocotriene Complex which contains 3 highly nutritious components:
1. Stabilized rice bran - Naturally contains tocotrienols (super antioxidants
2. Stabilized rice protein - An excellent protein boost to your diet, with 53% available quality protein
3. Premier FOS (Fructooligosaccharides made from chicory, not sugar) - increases the good, healthy bacteria in the colon.

I am not advocating GreatLife or Cyberwize but the product I use is only (21.95 retail) for 40 servings. Like most anti-mlm people you can not group them all in the same trick bag, I buy from the well respected Dr Bob Marshall at a very resonable price.

Old 02-16-2009, 01:48 PM
Newbie Member

I just want to let everyone know that I am part of Great Life Intl and Vidacell and it is not a scam. This is a real company with a real product that works and also gives you an opportunity to generate substantial income for yourself. Do not let people who know nothing about the company or network marketing convince you of anything different.

Brizman

Old 02-25-2009, 02:06 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Well, if you want to make money selling this product is ok i supose,,, tho..

* Mechanic Hydrolisis? you cant break water molecule by hitting with a hammer or even the smallest of knives you need electricity or other methods to do so,,,

* Nano rices? watch the microphotographys of the so supose nano rice,,, is a broken rice grain size 0.2-0.3 milimiters,,, soo they actually broke mechanically the rice

* Polypeptides.. proteins?

* Polysachariddes,,, omg starch!!!
* im not saying is a bad product,,,, rice powder (thermal process) is a excellent nourishing food.

but this product is way overprized you may better buy a pound of rice brake it and eat it,,,,

i dont know about if is a financial scam tho

One thing,,, the ammount of "diseases that can be cured by X supplement" is inversely proportional to the truth,,,

Old 02-28-2009, 06:11 PM
I am new at Scam.com

It is very easy to pick apart any company or product, MLM's are even easier. People do not join an MLM because they love a product, they join because they want to make money.

You need to do your due diligence on an MLM before you join. Here is the research I did for those that are interested in Great Life International.

Company has to be around for at least 2 years. Why? Most MLMs fail within the first 2 years and if they have been around longer than 2 years, the chance for long term success significantly increases. Great Life will be 3 years old in June, 2009.

You have to get in early in this type of program. Trying to join one that has millions of people already involved is pointless. You have to get in BEFORE everyone else.

Is it a binary compensation plan? Yes, it is. I would never do an MLM that isn't a binary.

Does the company make you jump through hoops in order to build your downline and make money? No, they don't... Great Life has a very straight forward and easy plan. You can also make money 6 different ways.

Does ownership have experience? Yes, they do... they have done this before and have been successful.

How is the product? So far the product has not received any bad reviews... It has received more good press than bad press. Actually, the only bad thing I have read on the company is on this site from people that have no clue about the company or product.

I know many people that take the product now and no one has said anything bad. The one thing that seems constant is it gives more energy and they feel sharper.

There was a report on channel 6 news in Michigan about the product helping a 25 year old horse with arthritis.

The way to increase your success is by joining in with the right team. Trying to build one of these programs on your own is very hard. Having a team to work with, one that can help build your downline, will increase your success. We have a very strong team and anyone that joins in with us will also benefit from our success.

Again, people join MLM's because they are interested in changing their financial future. This is a program that can change someone's financial future, if they have the drive to succeed.

Do not let others that have no clue about a company or product influence you. I am sure you will find many that talked trash about Monavie, Pre Paid Legal, Herbalife, and many others... and I personally know people making hundreds of thousands of dollars per year in these programs.

Now all the people that talked trash are saying to them self, damn... guess I had no clue what I was talking about and I still only make minimum wage at McDonalds.

Old 08-08-2010, 02:57 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I became a distributor for GreatLife International and VIDACELL for the sole reason of getting the product cheaper - not to get rich quickly OR slowly.

In 2007, I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis - almost one year to the day after I had begun experiencing some odd sensations in my feet and legs. By September of 2006, I was hospitalized. My ability to walk, drive, even breathe without gasping had become compromised.

In October of 2008, I was introduced to VIDACELL. I was sent two samples and the aforementioned 'bunch of literature' regarding this product. I had plenty of time on my hands due to my disability, so I read the literature and decided to give the product a shot. I used one of the samples to see if I could even stomach it. I have no problem swallowing pills, but this is a powdered supplement that is intended to be consumed by mixing it with ***** (though it is also effective in other preparations - mixed with coffee, tea, etc.). If I don't like something, I won't use it no matter how good it is supposed to be for me. VIDACELL is virtually taste-free, so I had no problems consuming it.

My plan was to give VIDACELL a three month trial to see if I would benefit from it at all. Nothing works overnight. As such, it was cheaper for me to become a distributor and buy three months worth of product. There are no strings to being a distributor - sign one that this is NOT a scam. If you no longer want to be a distributor, no problem. Simply stop ordering/selling VIDACELL. The cost of becoming a distributor is only $49.95 which essentially covers the marketing materials that you are sent upon joining the company - sign two that this is not a scam as you actually get something for the price paid. The distributor discount from the retail price is $40.00, so it was a no-brainer for me to join - even if only for my 3 month test.

From my point of view, it was worth the price paid IF this stuff would help me resume even some normalcy in my life.

Within a month of starting a daily regimen of VIDACELL I was feeling a marked improvement in my health. I had more ******, more stability in my walking, and I was able to maintain a more regular sleep schedule. I was able to adopt a dog as I now felt that I would be able to take her for walks (which would also be therapeutic for me).

I am still a distributor for GreatLife Intl. and I am still using VIDACELL daily. I am not 100% healed, but I am making consistent improvements. Bottom line: VIDACELL works - sign three that this is NOT a scam.

I have not tried very hard to sell VIDACELL. In fact, I have only one regular customer and one distributor signed up. This is a direct result of my lack of effort in selling/recruiting. My personally sponsored distributor is selling it quite well, however. To this point, he has not recruited any distributors, but that is not his focus. Both he and I have seen real results from using VIDACELL. He does therapeutic massage and retails a few nutritional and skin care supplements in his office, so he has a great venue for selling VIDACELL. None of his clients are interested in the income opportunity, so he simply hasn't tried to recruit them. However, they are VERY interested in their health and longevity, so VIDACELL is a good fit. His personal benefits are a lot more visible than mine as he suffers from eczema. When he started taking VIDACELL, his arms cleared up and he was able to stop applying topical medication. His clients saw this and immediately began asking him what he was doing.

Is GreatLife Intl. and VIDACELL a scam? I have to say a resounding 'Absolutely not!' The compensation plan is quite impressive. It is a binary plan and it pays far deeper than only two levels. There is no limit to the number of people that you can have on your team. Further, the qualifications to earn commissions are not ridiculously hard to achieve.

I would not recommend this business for everyone. If you simply plan to 'stock and sell' product, you probably won't do too well. If you are perfectly healthy, then VIDACELL has no place in your life and you will not likely be too successful. If you look into VIDACELL as a product that you can (and do) benefit from using, then it might be a good fit for you.

The best thing I find about VIDACELL and GreatLife International (other than my improved health) is that there is simply no pressure to perform as a distributor. There are no sales quotas. Yes, I am enrolled in the auto-ship but I am using the product daily so that just makes sense to me. It costs me less to use VIDACELL than a daily coffee and I am able to reclaim most of my life as a result. So if you ask me if it is expensive my answer is no.

It is not a scam, but you do have to work the business to earn money.