report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Work at Home Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2008, 10:31 PM
I am new at Scam.com

David Bendah

I received alengthy letter from David Bendah, National City, CA
wanting mypermission to use my address to receive payment for credit card appliations & for long distance service. Keep most & send the applilcations and small fee to him. Sounds crooked. I hesitate to get involved in handling money like that. Any comments or anyone else get this?:clown:

Old 01-26-2008, 07:58 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: David Bendah

I also received the same letter from David Bendah from National City, Ca. Why would he want to use our addresses & give us $67.00 & we only send him $3.00 for each sale "he" makes. I want to know if anyone took him up on his offer & what happened? Thanks, Allonski

Old 01-28-2008, 02:57 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by choagland View Post
wanting mypermission to use my address to receive payment for credit card appliations & for long distance service. Keep most & send the applilcations and small fee to him. Sounds crooked. I hesitate to get involved in handling money like that. Any comments or anyone else get this?:clown:
I received this letter also, but figured it was a scam. So I decided not to waste the $20 bucks for it.
If anyone has tried it, let me know, thanks mtcadco

Old 02-06-2008, 12:41 PM
Banned

Gigantic scam!

Old 08-04-2008, 12:20 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Hi, I too received a letter from David Bendah with the very same offer. I am trying to check into it just out of curisoity. I will post my findings when I know something.

Old 08-04-2008, 10:31 PM
Silver Member

Re: David Bendah - back at it...(details)

This could be someone just USING David Bendah's name, but there's a David Bendah who's been around a long time who used to advertise in Income Opportunities magazine a lot in the 80s and maybe early 90s.

Well, it looks like it's actually him:

San Diego Reader Article about David Bendah's new scheme.

"Letters ask consumers for permission to use their names and home addresses on a couple of business brochures. If consumers want to join this money machine, they simply have to forward the information to others. If you agree, you get a check from Bendah. But to get in on the scheme, you must pay an up-front fee of $19.90. In the past, Bendah has secretly piled other fees on top of the original up-front fee."

There's quite a few threads on Bendah here on Scam.com, too.

Old 08-21-2008, 12:42 PM
I am new at Scam.com

My girlfriend received a letter from David Bendah dated July 7th, 2008. The address is only a mail order drop in a postal supply hole-in-the-wall, with P.O. boxes. If you mail in the $20 to do this, and every other idiot mails in the $20 to begin doing this, and this untrace-able person collects his $20 from all of you naive suckers, then HE gets rich.
Great scam, huh?

Old 09-13-2008, 12:01 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I am embarrassed to say that I sent David Bendah a $20.00 money order,two weeks ago,and am sad to say-I have not heard anything back.It was for the same thing as all of you-I just figured"what could it hurt"! I truly wished I knew about Scam.com-BEFORE I sent the money order! Live and learn!

Old 09-28-2008, 11:30 AM
if it ain't broke, fix it till it is!!

I just received some info from this David Bendah also, and at first it sounded crooked at hell, but then he claims to have been on "Life Styles of the Rich and Famous" and also in Rolling Stones Magazine. True? Who knows? But even if this was on the up and up, it scares me to think that he is using my name and address. If He does not deliver the product to a customer, then I am to blame because the customer sent the money to ME!! That would protect David! The whole thing sounds very scary to me!

Old 12-05-2008, 10:23 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I got that letter wanting to use my address to receive his mail too.

See what I found on the Better Business Bureau website:

http://sandiego.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Repo...6&firm=1000001

"Government Action(s)"
"David Bendah was indicted for mail fraud and money laundering charges on February 4, 1999. On August 23, 1999, Bendah plead guilty to these charges. On November 17, 1999, Bendah was sentenced to 41 months in prison and three years probation.

As recently as April 7, 2006, the BBB has received inquiries from consumers who are receiving mailings from David Bendah. According to consumers, the mailing states that if the consumer allows David Bendah to send mail from the consumers address, he will pay them money. Anyone who receives anything in the mail from this individual should contact the US Postal Inspector immediately."

Two BBBwebsites from different states also had reports:

http://wisconsin.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Rep...4&firm=8002152

http://www.akron.bbb.org/newsearch2....02720012000528

I think more people who have actually tried this need to file complaints.

Old 05-05-2012, 08:25 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by choagland View Post
Well it taken me two day to think about this after putting this letter aside and I thought that why and how would you want me to sent him some money for something that I think might be a scam, so I sleep on it and here is my thought "don't do it" if you have money keep it, if you trying to make money get a job, in other word this person want what you get,what a game,God do not forget the evil that man do.

Old 04-03-2014, 12:24 AM
Silver Member

If you did not apply to work with them then do not waste your time to give them your address. It is not good to reveal your address to strangers.