report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Business Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2008, 01:21 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Free gift? Or not-so-free gift?

Just the other day my husband brought in a green note card that was neatly tucked under the handle of our front door. Appearantly, some 'firm' wants to 'thank' us by sending us a 'very valuable gift' but we need to call them first. Who knows where it'll go from there?!?

I looked all over the net trying to find something on these guys but I had no luck so I wanted to see what you guys could make of it.

GREEN MILITARY - METRO GRAM

As a member of the Armed Forces, our firm woud like to say "Thank You" and acknowledge your service. We therefore have chosen a very valuable gift for your entire family to enjoy! Everything is paid for... even the delivery charges! No handling and shipping to pay, no gimmicks, no strings attatched, no kidding! Because the gift is valuable, we need to know when someone will be there to accept it! For prompt delivery call our operator at (888) 691-8017. You need only make one phone call! Please keep this notice until delivery is made.
Sincerely,
Chris Wilson
MEE, Inc.
METRO - ED, INC
CHICAGO, IL 60603

Old 01-07-2008, 10:10 AM
Nothing is as it seems

Re: Free gift? Or not-so-free gift?

There is no free lunch. I would be wary. It could be a way for some high pressure sales type to get their feet in the door.

Old 01-07-2008, 03:30 PM
I am new at Scam.com

:grrr:Ok so my husband I did this and well ITS NOT FREE!! Its a scam for you to buy things and its a door to door sales! The only reason they ask you to call is because they want your permission to actually come to your house to sell you things! They said Sat. and Sun only.. ya right they are here for 2 weeks. They said disney movies, knife set, hunting knife, for your free gift and you get to chose 2 or 3 on the phone and well you don't get that. They gave us a Trip to Disney World where our meals and hotel is already paid, and a booklet for resturants with 10$ off but here is the catch you have to send in your receipt first before you get the 10$ off and on the trip you put down 50$. Then they were trying to sell us those hooked on phonics books! YOU DON"T GET ANYTHING!! They are going around to all the Military Bases!:grrr:

Old 03-06-2008, 10:23 AM
I am new at Scam.com

i was just reading your thread and i to got a lil green card in the mail. however, i know these things are scams from prior experiences. i'm not even going to bother to call...that's why i was trying to look up their site and ran across this one. and FYI, solicitation on ANY military base is illegal, so if u want to get them into trouble, call the mp's.

Old 03-06-2008, 01:25 PM
Stopin' by to say Hi

move To Spam Folder!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-06-2008, 02:05 PM
Wheres my Spam? Ask your friendly neighborhood moderator.. ME

Where's the spam? :frustrated: