report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Work at Home Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-25-2008, 09:35 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: west at home (westathome.com)

Westathome.com is a legitimate company. I completed the application process and training and took my first call all within a 4 wk period. I work doing cell phone activations. From time to time you may be asked to take on another skill like direct response. You work as an employee so your taxes are taken care of for you. Lately the going rate has been $7.50/hr. You work in 30 minute increments. Lately I have not had many hours available to me. The work is easy although there is a lot to remember. This is a great company to start off with if you've never worked from home before. There will always be good things and not so good things with any occupation. Try it for yourself.

Old 10-29-2008, 03:23 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Hello, I work for West at home and love it! You DO work your way up to making more money, so if you are looking to get rich fast, aint happnin here. But they are very legit and it did take me through the same roller coaster and I was very scared at first. Until I finally blew it off and thought if anything happens with my social and dl, I will at least know what I did. But they finally came through and it is a blessing. I have two small children and I choose to work 8:30-2:30 Mon-Fri, sometimes I will take a weekend shift here and there. But yes, they are great and walk you through things once you have had their training. Their support staff (PALS) are awesome and the answer on the 1st ring. I would not sweat it and keep trying...(the little train that could)

Old 10-29-2008, 03:28 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Another quick thing is that they do not have IC's anymore, they strickly hire employees..... (IC-independent contractor)

Old 10-29-2008, 07:45 PM
I am new at Scam.com

The company name is Westat Research Center the job is for an at-home Data collector. It is a legit job, have been employed for 1 year.

Old 11-07-2008, 10:07 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan1st View Post
What are CSRs if I may ask?
I just know of CRS - can't remember ****! Haha~
hahahah im with you on this one.....

Old 01-15-2009, 03:51 PM
Work At Home Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksmbjm View Post
I applied with this company. I got a reply back from them 2 days later. They sent me a link with a validation code. When I clicked on the link, I received a warning that the site did not have a certificate, to proceed with caution. I went ahead and entered the site. Filled out all of the nessesary forms...including my person ID, ie drivers license and SS#. This was Thursday, and I have not yet received any emails stating that they have my info or that they were doing a background check, nothing. I found a # to call them, and of course, I get a voice mail to leave a message. I am now worried that I have given my personal info to a fraudulent site. Anyone please tell me that I haven't just made a HUGE error in judgement!

You are totally fine. I worked for this company 2 years and then left. Now I'm back. They are 100% legit,there is no cost to start,and they even offer paid training. So don't worry. All of your information is also strictly confidential.

Old 01-17-2009, 12:20 PM
Newbie Member

Westathome is legit company offering home based customer service agent's job to home workers.

Old 02-02-2009, 03:41 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I just completed the application process at Workathome.com. They sent me a validation code via email along with a link to complete the new hire forms. The link takes me to a page that has several forms to complete, but when I click on a form it takes me to a page that reads "this page is no longer available". Anyone else have this problem and/or any suggestions?

Old 02-02-2009, 03:47 PM
I am new at Scam.com

One more thing...geniuslp, are you still employed with Westat Research Center? I tried looking it up but cannot find any info on working with the company from home.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:49 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Hi Musicdad, keep trying. I had the same happen to me a couple of weeks ago. But i kept trying and eventually the pages opened. I'm presently training for them. Good luck

Old 04-30-2009, 01:23 PM
I am new at Scam.com

It was good to find this input on westathome.This was the 1st. work at home co. that I ever applied with( maybe a week ago or so)Have not heard a thing back yet.Would you be so kind as to keep us updated on your feedback with them?THANKS!

Old 09-26-2009, 08:32 PM
Sassy1holmes

Hello!

West is a legit company! They have locations all over the US. I am currently working in one of their on site locations. Started as a Customer Service Representative. They have many different clients that out source their service for telecommunication. For example I am a CSR for one of the top 4 Wireless phone companies in the world. I've been their a year now. I've just been promoted to a Technical Support Representative. I work a solid 40 hrs. I'm not exactly sure how they hire and pay for the work at home positions or what client's they have that you could be assigned to work for, but I can gaurantee it is a legit company!!!

Old 09-28-2009, 03:23 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I got a reply back from them 2 days later. They sent me a link with a validation code. When I clicked on the link, I received a warning that the site did not have a certificate, to proceed with caution. I went ahead and entered the site.

Old 10-05-2009, 11:46 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicdad83 View Post
I just completed the application process at Workathome.com. They sent me a validation code via email along with a link to complete the new hire forms. The link takes me to a page that has several forms to complete, but when I click on a form it takes me to a page that reads "this page is no longer available". Anyone else have this problem and/or any suggestions?
Here's my question to you and to anybody else that has just recently filled out an application with westathome, musicdad can you please tell me what did you put down on your westathome application for your experience? What experience did you put down on the westathome application? retail? customer service? house mom or dad? What experience did you guys put down on your application for westathome for them to hire you guys?

Old 10-05-2009, 11:49 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctn69474 View Post
It was good to find this input on westathome.This was the 1st. work at home co. that I ever applied with( maybe a week ago or so)Have not heard a thing back yet.Would you be so kind as to keep us updated on your feedback with them?THANKS!
Yeah that's what I am saying also? I myself want to know why is it others are getting hired by westathome while others are not? What experience are you guys putting down on your application for westathome to hire you so quickly? Did you guys put down customer service experience or something?

Old 10-05-2009, 02:34 PM
Wheres my Spam? Ask your friendly neighborhood moderator.. ME

Just out of curiosity, what does it matter? Do you plan on trying to put in fake experience? I would guess that as with any business, they will be checking references and verifying experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prescious View Post
Here's my question to you and to anybody else that has just recently filled out an application with westathome, musicdad can you please tell me what did you put down on your westathome application for your experience? What experience did you put down on the westathome application? retail? customer service? house mom or dad? What experience did you guys put down on your application for westathome for them to hire you guys?

Old 10-16-2009, 04:44 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Yes, I signed on with West and they took all sorts of personal info, SS because they had accepted my application and were ready to employ me ..... they continued to bombard me with demands for action but never actually entered me into their program and so I was powerless to work ... they have a help line, but no one mans it .... frankly they are absolutely useless and have no idea of what they are doing.... and they have all of my personal info too.... the first time I am compromised I will go directly at them legally....

Last edited by loxadonta : 10-16-2009 at 04:46 AM.

Old 11-30-2009, 12:39 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Anyone here that is working for West at Home that can tell me if there are any 2nd and third shifts? Are there a lot of them? Also, how many hours do you work and how much do you end up per hour? (I know it is per minute, hope you can do the math).

Also, how much per min or hour is the training?

Thanks!

Jason