report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Religious Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #109  
Old 01-09-2008, 05:00 PM
wiseroption's Avatar
wiseroption wiseroption is offline
Hold your horses Bub!!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 404
Re: Sin and Salvation

That is a by far the most interesting twist I have ever heard Lord jag. I understand that many people worship Satan and I imagine there are actually people who follow this to some degree.:shocked:
__________________
what the heck is this crap?


Reply With Quote

  #110  
Old 01-09-2008, 05:44 PM
Anti_thesisofreason's Avatar
Anti_thesisofreason Anti_thesisofreason is offline
Qwerty Kabal
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Western New York
Posts: 848
Re: Sin and Salvation

That sounds similar to but not exactly like the Oak King and Holly King myth. A brief overview can be found here: http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art6133.asp
__________________
It is my firm belief that it is a mistake to hold firm beliefs.

"All things are perfect to every last flaw and bound in accord with Eris's Law."
-HBT; The Book of Advice 1:7

Reply With Quote

  #111  
Old 01-09-2008, 05:58 PM
wiseroption's Avatar
wiseroption wiseroption is offline
Hold your horses Bub!!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 404
Re: Sin and Salvation

I think I've been hit by one of those snowballs Lord jag was referring to earlier!
:eyes:

Time to call it a day.

It's a day.
__________________
what the heck is this crap?

Reply With Quote

  #112  
Old 01-09-2008, 08:10 PM
Dawud's Avatar
Dawud Dawud is offline
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,509
Re: Sin and Salvation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_jag View Post
Now wait a minute... I read a fantacy novel that talked about this kind of thing. While it is a wild idea, it would explain a lot. Bear with me before you pass judgement on it. I don't really believe this.... Just read it in a book...

In the beginning, there were two gods. Good and Evil. They had battles for countless ages in a universe without time as we know it They were both omnipotent. After an infinte amount of time they realized that attack on each other were impossible, so they called a truce.

They needed a better way to solve their dispute. They created the universe we know with all the beings on earth and any other planet. They decided not to intervene with any species at all and see who would get the most followers.

So they went ahead and did this and forged a pact that neither would ever intervene. The good God stayed true to His word, however the evil God would never let a lie slow him down. The evil god sends a person down to earth and calls him Jesus. (stay with me)

Now this persons job is to spread the lies about how evil and horrible the kingdom of Satan's(the real good god) realm is. He needs to do whatever he can to get you to throw down your life for the evil God.

Now Satan the good God, knowing that this has happened has no choice but to stand by and watch. He is still sealed to his pact, and being virtuous and just is bound to do nothing to intervene with life on earth, but since the evil God spent so much energy intervening, the good God now had the power to imprison him.


So you see, the evil God, father of lies and deciept is the only one who could come to earth. Although he brought a message of love and peace, his nature could not be hidden. In his wake there have been wars and killings in his name for 20 centuries.

This storey (though the author spent 5 books detailing with some plot and storey line thrown in) is a lot more believable than "God just doesn't feel like showing us his love" and that "God loves us by comiting genocide, pestilence and mass hunger"
That's about the dumbist story I have ever heard!

I really can't wait till God cleans the earth of this idoicy and the fools who make this stuff up.

Reply With Quote

  #113  
Old 01-09-2008, 08:54 PM
kazza's Avatar
kazza kazza is offline
ɹǝpun uʍop
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 5,363
Re: Sin and Salvation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawud View Post
That's about the dumbist story I have ever heard!

I really can't wait till God cleans the earth of this idoicy and the fools who make this stuff up.
We all make typos, but that one was unfortunately placed.

Reply With Quote

  #114  
Old 01-09-2008, 09:52 PM
slixhtid slixhtid is offline
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 99
Re: Sin and Salvation

lol @ lord jag, what a noob.

Reply With Quote

  #115  
Old 01-09-2008, 10:07 PM
kazza's Avatar
kazza kazza is offline
ɹǝpun uʍop
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 5,363
Re: Sin and Salvation

Lol. Lord_Jag, you know you hit a soft spot just from looking at these replies.

Reply With Quote

  #116  
Old 01-09-2008, 10:11 PM
slixhtid slixhtid is offline
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 99
Re: Sin and Salvation

I'm still laughing at how retarded this kid is. Lmao.

Judgement is coming.

Reply With Quote

  #117  
Old 01-09-2008, 10:56 PM
kazza's Avatar
kazza kazza is offline
ɹǝpun uʍop
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 5,363
Re: Sin and Salvation

Quote:
Originally Posted by slixhtid View Post
Judgement is coming.
No it's not.

Reply With Quote

  #118  
Old 01-09-2008, 11:06 PM
slixhtid slixhtid is offline
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 99
Re: Sin and Salvation

Afraid so Kaz. Whether you like it or not.

Reply With Quote

  #119  
Old 01-09-2008, 11:27 PM
lexx's Avatar
lexx lexx is online now
Most Valued Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,993
Re: Sin and Salvation

Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
Been wanting to write something witty/meaningful but i keep going "fvck it" after reading certain responses
because you are identifying with the emotional factor behind what you are reading!?and not necessarily the other persons emotion,but in reality,(where the hell is that!?) only your own!?(responsAbility)which by the way relates to the altruistic urge and morality itself!?how much of our lives are controlled by the "consensus view"!?ask your "third eye"!?it never lies!?dont know where it is!?TRY SQUINTING HARD and saying softly.....i just wanna go home.....i just wanna go home.......THERE YA GO!!!!!i think he's GOT IT!!!!!!:shocked: :drunk: :clown: :devil: hehe!!......just askn.....
__________________
i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Reply With Quote

  #120  
Old 01-09-2008, 11:33 PM
lexx's Avatar
lexx lexx is online now
Most Valued Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,993
Re: Sin and Salvation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_jag View Post
Now wait a minute... I read a fantacy novel that talked about this kind of thing. While it is a wild idea, it would explain a lot. Bear with me before you pass judgement on it. I don't really believe this.... Just read it in a book...

In the beginning, there were two gods. Good and Evil. They had battles for countless ages in a universe without time as we know it They were both omnipotent. After an infinte amount of time they realized that attack on each other were impossible, so they called a truce.

They needed a better way to solve their dispute. They created the universe we know with all the beings on earth and any other planet. They decided not to intervene with any species at all and see who would get the most followers.

So they went ahead and did this and forged a pact that neither would ever intervene. The good God stayed true to His word, however the evil God would never let a lie slow him down. The evil god sends a person down to earth and calls him Jesus. (stay with me)

Now this persons job is to spread the lies about how evil and horrible the kingdom of Satan's(the real good god) realm is. He needs to do whatever he can to get you to throw down your life for the evil God.

Now Satan the good God, knowing that this has happened has no choice but to stand by and watch. He is still sealed to his pact, and being virtuous and just is bound to do nothing to intervene with life on earth, but since the evil God spent so much energy intervening, the good God now had the power to imprison him.


So you see, the evil God, father of lies and deciept is the only one who could come to earth. Although he brought a message of love and peace, his nature could not be hidden. In his wake there have been wars and killings in his name for 20 centuries.

This storey (though the author spent 5 books detailing with some plot and storey line thrown in) is a lot more believable than "God just doesn't feel like showing us his love" and that "God loves us by comiting genocide, pestilence and mass hunger"
I WISH I"D A THOUGHTA IT!!!!!it's a work of genius!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :devil:hehe!!....just askn....
__________________
i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Reply With Quote

  #121  
Old 01-09-2008, 11:39 PM
kazza's Avatar
kazza kazza is offline
ɹǝpun uʍop
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 5,363
Re: Sin and Salvation

Quote:
Originally Posted by slixhtid View Post
Afraid so Kaz. Whether you like it or not.
Afraid not.

Reply With Quote

  #122  
Old 01-09-2008, 11:52 PM
slixhtid slixhtid is offline
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 99
Re: Sin and Salvation

I was going to say don't be afraid but you should. Judgement without Christ is a scary thought.



Judgement is coming.



Reply With Quote

  #123  
Old 01-10-2008, 12:28 AM
kazza's Avatar
kazza kazza is offline
ɹǝpun uʍop
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 5,363
Re: Sin and Salvation

Quote:
Originally Posted by slixhtid View Post
I was going to say don't be afraid but you should. Judgement without Christ is a scary thought.
No, it's not scary at all.

Quote:
Judgement is coming.
No it's not.

Reply With Quote

  #124  
Old 01-10-2008, 12:48 AM
slixhtid slixhtid is offline
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 99
Re: Sin and Salvation

At least you humour me, lol.

Judgement is coming.

Reply With Quote

  #125  
Old 01-10-2008, 12:52 AM
kazza's Avatar
kazza kazza is offline
ɹǝpun uʍop
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Australia
Posts: 5,363
Re: Sin and Salvation

Quote:
Originally Posted by slixhtid View Post
At least you humour me, lol.

Judgement is coming.
Nope, no judgement coming.

Reply With Quote

  #126  
Old 01-10-2008, 01:14 AM
slixhtid slixhtid is offline
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 99
Re: Sin and Salvation

If you say so. Agree2Disagree.


Reply With Quote

Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Righteousness and Salvation Solve et Coagula Political Chat 1 08-12-2007 03:43 PM
Salvation Army Eyecanseeycantyou Charity Scams 16 01-31-2007 08:35 AM
SALVATION - A gift from Jehovah Emerantia Religious Scams 18 01-07-2007 05:14 AM

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump




This site may contain advice, opinions and statements of various information providers. Scam.com does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information provided by any information provider, any User of this Site or any other person or entity. Reliance upon any such advice, opinion, statement, or other information shall also be at the User’s own risk. Neither Scam.com nor its affiliates, nor any of their respective agents, employees, information providers or content providers, shall be liable to any User or anyone else for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, alteration of or use of any content herein, or for its timeliness or completeness, nor shall they be liable for any failure of performance, computer virus or communication line failure, regardless of cause, or for any damages resulting therefrom. Just because a business, person, or entity is listed on scam.com does not necessarily constitute they are scammers. This is a free open forum where people can debate the merits from the consumer's or business owner's perspective. Registration and participation is always FREE.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:53 AM.




Scam.com Is Proudly Hosted By Rackco and Protected By CloudFlare


Scams Message Board - Copyright 2004-2013 Scam.com , All Rights Reserved.