report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Religious Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 01-01-2008, 07:14 AM
jason37601 jason37601 is offline
I am new at Scam.com
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3
Sin and Salvation

Would you say you are a good person? If you are anything like me, you would probably like to think so, wouldn't you? I know that there will probably be someone out there that would answer this question with a no, but I haven't come across anyone to give no as an answer when I ask them. However, it doesn't matter what your answer is there is a way to find out for sure. How? Read the following.

1 Place nothing above God.
2 Do not bow before other gods.
3 Do not take God's name in vain.
4 Honor the Sabbath and keep it holy.
5 Honor your mother and father.
6 Do not Kill.
7 Do not Commit adultery.
8 Do not steal.
9 Do not lie.
10 Do not covet.

Have you ever broke any of the following laws? This is somewhat of a rhetorical question. It is rhetorical because you have! Everyone has!
This makes you a sinner, and the punishment of sin is death.

You see, God created mankind. We were created so that the Lord may love us and communicate with us. He provided all things and gave but one command. Adam and Eve broke that commandment bringing the punishment of death to all those to come. Also, there is no one fathered by man that has not broke the Command of God since.

Everyone is guilty! Everyone!!! A man is unable to walk upright in the sight of God and remain perfect. Pretty grim huh?

Though man is corrupt, God's love for man is perfect! God made us with the intent to have a relationship with us and since we can not be worthy of his love on our own accord he lowered himself to become flesh in the form of His son, Jesus!

Jesus was all God and all man. He was born to a virgin and lived a sinless life. He was loved and followed but was also hated and killed. He gave himself over to death.(the punishment for sin) but he had no sin in him. By Him doing this He forever changed the landscape of life and death. He was able to die because he was flesh but death could not hold him because he was innocent. He rose and walked the earth again before returning to heaven to prepare a place for all those who place their faith in him. He is the only way to heaven! Man was nor ever will be able to earn heaven. We cannot climb a "ladder or strairway" because there is none. The only way is to be carried by Him.

If you have not accepted him as saviour and gave yourself to him by repenting and turning from your sin you cannot enter heaven. He wants to save you! He wants to give His love to you forever without end! Ponder these things and if you wish to have a relationship with him, allow him to take you.

God Bless


Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old 01-01-2008, 09:07 AM
coosjoaquin coosjoaquin is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: uk
Posts: 841
Re: Sin and Salvation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason37601 View Post
Would you say you are a good person? If you are anything like me, you would probably like to think so, wouldn't you?
I guess im good in the sense that i don't go about killing people and i can make friends with relative ease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason37601 View Post
I know that there will probably be someone out there
that would answer this question with a no, but I haven't come across anyone to give no as an answer when I ask them. However, it doesn't matter what your answer is there is a way to find out for sure. How? Read the following.
The ten commandments eh? Surely you realize that there is more than one religion in this world?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason37601 View Post
1 Place nothing above God.
Which god? cause the flying spaghetti monster doesn't care too much about it.

Also how is this a measure for how good one is? Just in that sentence you've classified all atheists/buddishts/deists/agnostics as bad people simply because they don't hold this god as the greatest. Talk about unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason37601 View Post
2 Do not bow before other gods.
Done and done, i bow to no god so that must make me a way better person than any monotheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason37601 View Post
3 Do not take God's name in vain.
Why exactly? you'd think that an omnipotent being would have more important things to do than to care about who said "goddammit". It still tells us nothing about who is good or not


Quote:
Originally Posted by jason37601 View Post
4 Honor the Sabbath and keep it holy.
Even jesus didn't do this. Why would someone who works on the sabbath be considered any lesser than someone who doesn't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason37601 View Post
5 Honor your mother and father.
Obviously, what kind of person wouldn't do that
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason37601 View Post
6 Do not Kill.
For a moral absolutist this makes sense but it doesn't work all th time now does it?
Thou shall not kill even if a crazy person who can't be reasoned with is aiming a shotgun at a girl?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason37601 View Post
7 Do not Commit adultery.
8 Do not steal.
9 Do not lie.
Pretty simple rules, as luck would have it we are all born with a predisposition not to do these things

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason37601 View Post
10 Do not covet.
then we are all bad then, its human nature to covet other peoples things, the feeling of envy is not something that we can avoid(though we can hide it well) and id be hard-pressed to find someone who has never felt envious


Quote:
Originally Posted by jason37601 View Post
Have you ever broke any of the following laws? This is somewhat of a rhetorical question. It is rhetorical because you have! Everyone has!
This makes you a sinner, and the punishment of sin is death.
We all die though, even newborns die and they aren't very bad sinners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason37601 View Post
You see, God created mankind. We were created so that the Lord may love us and communicate with us.
We don't know this. God has never been shown to exist and even if she did and created the universe, assuming that we are anything important to her is mere wishful thinking which humans are quite prone to do.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jason37601 View Post
He provided all things and gave but one command. Adam and Eve broke that commandment bringing the punishment of death to all those to come.
And so we are all guilty. This is a method cults use to indoctrinate people, the idea that we are all inherently bad, helpless to change and need guidance from people who apparently have "divine revelation" to avoid eternal punishment causes people to get sucked in and need constant reaffirming. this is Psycologically damaging at best


Quote:
Originally Posted by jason37601 View Post
Also, there is no one fathered by man that has not broke the Command of God since.
My view would be that GODtm didn't give the command but rather that genesis is more of a story made by people from 4 thousand years ago which is meant to explain all that is wrong with society(and other tid-bits like slithering snakes and painful births).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason37601 View Post
Everyone is guilty! Everyone!!! A man is unable to walk upright in the sight of God and remain perfect. Pretty grim huh?
I wouldn't know, no one as far as i know has ever done this

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason37601 View Post
Though man is corrupt, God's love for man is perfect!
Not if you mean the bible god, cause she is not the loving deity people claim to be. Multiple genocides=/= good

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason37601 View Post
God made us with the intent to have a relationship with us
This god must have been lonely then. Maybe she has a hard time being friends with the other gods so she made us in the same manner that a child creates an imaginary friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason37601 View Post
and since we can not be worthy of his love on our own accord
Well hang on, she made the rules and set the bar ridiculously high up. Why doesn't she just lower it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason37601 View Post
he lowered himself to become flesh in the form of His son, Jesus!
What a way to play favourites eh? how come the bible god and all of her prophets only showed up to people of the middle east? why did she leave half a dozen continents in the dark?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason37601 View Post
Jesus was all God and all man.
Just like the manbearpig is 50% man, 50% bear and 50% pig

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason37601 View Post
He was born to a virgin and lived a sinless life.
what fool joseph was then. Nowadays if a woman gets pregnant from someone who is not her husband but claims to be a virgin id be surprised if anyone believed her

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason37601 View Post
He was loved and followed but was also hated and killed. He gave himself over to death.(the punishment for sin) but he had no sin in him. By Him doing this He forever changed the landscape of life and death.

He was able to die because he was flesh but death could not hold him because he was innocent. He rose and walked the earth again before returning to heaven to prepare a place for all those who place their faith in him. He is the only way to heaven! Man was nor ever will be able to earn heaven. We cannot climb a "ladder or strairway" because there is none. The only way is to be carried by Him.
Why though? If Jesus was god then why did god sacrifice herself to herself in order to bypass the rules which she herself placed?

And what about people who weren't there to witness this? Poor natives had to wait another 1.5 millenia before they got the good news

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason37601 View Post
If you have not accepted him as saviour and gave yourself to him by repenting and turning from your sin you cannot enter heaven. He wants to save you! He wants to give His love to you forever without end! Ponder these things and if you wish to have a relationship with him, allow him to take you.
lets take this derailed train of logic shall we?
-god makes heaven and decides who gets into it or not
-god wants everyone to get into heaven cause she really loves us
-god then sets the bar ridiculously high, as a result no one is getting in
-god then decides to manifest herself to a group of people and sacrifice herself in order to change the rules which she herself made
-god wants to have a relationship with you, its the sole purpose as to which we were made. Problem is that she doesn't speak to us but rather wants us to believe things without question based on a series of ancient books made by people
-if you don't then you are punished by this loving god

Care to explain? cause it makes no sense to me



Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old 01-01-2008, 10:58 AM
peregrine's Avatar
peregrine peregrine is offline
Feisty Bird
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Newark, Delaware
Posts: 2,927
Re: Sin and Salvation

Well done Coosjoaquin!!!! :sunglasses:
__________________
I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck. ~Emma Goldman

Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old 01-01-2008, 12:02 PM
Godeskian Godeskian is offline
I have taken all knowledge to be my province.
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 763
Re: Sin and Salvation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason37601 View Post
Would you say you are a good person?
Unambigiously so actually, and I don't need a pat on the head from an inscrutable divinity to say so either.

Quote:
However, it doesn't matter what your answer is there is a way to find out for sure. How?
Why even ask the question if you are then going to immediately claim that it both doesn't matter, and that everyone's guilty anyway. I don't see anything in your commandments about wasting people's time, but I tend to think there should be.

Quote:
1 Place nothing above God.
AKA, codify religious bigotry.

Quote:
2 Do not bow before other gods.
And yet more codification of religious bigotry. After all, this is a slap in the face of every other religion there is.

Quote:
3 Do not take God's name in vain.
Since God is an aggregate term for a set of processes so complex mere mortals such as ourselves can't comprehend it, this won't be a problem. God has never deigned to tell us her actually name.

Quote:
4 Honor the Sabbath and keep it holy.
And yet more religious intolerance masquarading as a good idea. What exactly is so valuable about a sunday anyway. a 24-hour economy means that the notion of a 'week-end' is pretty much obsolete anyway.

Quote:
5 Honor your mother and father.
I suppose 1 out of 10 isn't bad.

Quote:
6 Do not Kill.
I think you mean 'do not murder' rather than 'do not kill', however you wrote the latter, so I shall just say that I hope you never have to choose between killing in self defense or getting killed yourself. Because you'd be breaking your rules if you do.

Quote:
7 Do not Commit adultery.
Takes two to tango, and call me selfish, but I've always thought the onus should be on the person from whom there is an expectation of fealty.

Quote:
8 Do not steal.
Okay.

Quote:
9 Do not lie.
Yes dear, that brand new dress makes you look like a cat puked on you.....Slap

Oh yeah, real helpfull.

Quote:
10 Do not covet.
Absolutely, don't ever want things, because haven't you heard the mere act of wanting something means you're damned.

Quote:
Have you ever broke any of the following laws?
Many, many times, especially 1 through 4

Quote:
This makes you a sinner, and the punishment of sin is death.
That dress looks lovely dear....oops, I'm going to hell.

Quote:
You see, God created mankind.
Which does not absolve us of the duty to ignore pointless, bigoted, and immoral commands.

Quote:
Adam and Eve broke that commandment bringing the punishment of death to all those to come.
And here I thought my sister could hold a grudge. She's got nothing on God though, rather than forgiving and moving on, countless generations later he's still whining about it and killing us because of it. That sort of petulance is childish, not to mention that most civilised nations in the world don't punish children for their parents crimes.

Oops, your daddy's a murderer, so mr. 5 year old, since your his child we'd better strap you into the lethal injection table next to him.

Yay for civilised biblical rules.

Quote:
Pretty grim huh?
I'm feeling pretty good about it actually. only 2 of those 'laws' actually make sense, and that's a pretty poor average.

Quote:
God's love for man is perfect!
Baseless claim, no evidence to back it up, and plenty of evidence from his own book to suggest his love is akin to that which a deranged psychopath might shower on his unfortunate brood.

Quote:
If you have not accepted him as saviour and gave yourself to him by repenting and turning from your sin you cannot enter heaven.
I like this. Me, Ghandi, Joss Whedon and Gary Gygax will no doubt have plenty of fun in the hot place.

Quote:
He wants to save you!
No he doesn't. If an omnipotent, all-knowing, omnibenevolent being really wanted to save us, he'd save us. Simple as that. That's what being omnipotent is all about.

Quote:
God Bless
Thanks for playing though. Was fun to dissect, even if Coos beat me too it,.
__________________
Close your eyes, but keep your mind wide open.

Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old 01-01-2008, 08:25 PM
Anti_thesisofreason's Avatar
Anti_thesisofreason Anti_thesisofreason is offline
Qwerty Kabal
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Western New York
Posts: 848
Re: Sin and Salvation

1. Yes I am a good person!

2. Do I make mistakes? Yes who doesn't.

3. Eris doesn't mind if I take her name in vain she usually finds it funny because she knows she's gotten to me.

"The Hell law says that Hell is reserved exclusively for them that believe in it. Further, the lowest Rung in Hell is reserved for them that believe in it on the supposition that they'll go there if they don't."

--HBT; The Gospel According to Fred, 3:1

"Bullsh!t makes the flowers grow and that's beautiful."

--Principia Discordia, pg. 00042

"The words of the foolish and those of the wise Are not far apart in Discordian eyes."

--HBT; The Book of Advice, 2:1
__________________
It is my firm belief that it is a mistake to hold firm beliefs.

"All things are perfect to every last flaw and bound in accord with Eris's Law."
-HBT; The Book of Advice 1:7


Last edited by Anti_thesisofreason : 01-01-2008 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Because I said so!
Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old 01-02-2008, 01:36 AM
lexx's Avatar
lexx lexx is offline
Most Valued Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 13,982
Re: Sin and Salvation

Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
lets take this derailed train of logic shall we?
-god makes heaven and decides who gets into it or not
-god wants everyone to get into heaven cause she really loves us
-god then sets the bar ridiculously high, as a result no one is getting in
-god then decides to manifest herself to a group of people and sacrifice herself in order to change the rules which she herself made
-god wants to have a relationship with you, its the sole purpose as to which we were made. Problem is that she doesn't speak to us but rather wants us to believe things without question based on a series of ancient books made by people
-if you don't then you are punished by this loving god

Care to explain? cause it makes no sense to me

no thanks,i dont want to TAKE your self self admitted derailed train of logic!?as it is your own creation!?for instance,who says god says what!?or in other words,if you rearrange what god says TO YOU in an order that defends your position on god,and in doing so propose it as a linear sequence of facts stated in the form of a question,and then demanding an answer posed like a question!?how can this be considered investigative intent!!?and if science has as it's driving virtue the quality of investigative intention!?(held to the highest standard called objectivity!?)how can you claim to be a scientifically motivated thinker!?you could in my opinion be safe in calling yourself an objectively motivated thinker,as objects do tend to fascinate the mind on/in the/this world of form and sensation!?you see this quality most rediculously expressed in most small children!?and without the growth of spiritual knowledge,continues to dominate the mind even up until old age!?it's usually referred to looked on as IMMATURITY!?but i dont want to seem to be attacking your questioning of the existence of god!?it's the way you go about questioning that speaks volumes!?not just about yourself but about all who question the existence of a god!?there really only so many arguments that have been whittled down to the same ol same ol that only explode into elaboration when the afore mentioned are offered any logical or non logical response!?the made up mind that is not open to anything outside of it's own ability to determine meaning is biased because it is comfortable in it's own understanding of existence!?even when that understanding is not producing the best possible circumstances within the enviromental/circumstancial landscape as observed by the seen/percieved existences of fellow creatures in kind/quality!?so are you gonna help me escape my prison or not!?at least keep whittling away at my lunacy by saying you dont get it but it is poetic!?that,it seems prevents me from digging my trench any deeper!?and who knows,maybe i can eventually forget about this whole question of whether there is a god or not!?and just get on with a happy life of discovery!?just witnessing it all transpire in ways i would have to call miraculous if i had the inclination to stop and think about it!?(you noticed!?)have we replaced the idea/principle of an education of luck with an education of good!?wouldn't the 2 be better off joined!? :drunk: :zzzz: :devil: hehe!!.....just askn....
__________________
i do not endorse/recommend any advertising on scam.com associated with my name /posts or otherwise. thank you

Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old 01-02-2008, 03:10 AM
Godeskian Godeskian is offline
I have taken all knowledge to be my province.
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 763
Re: Sin and Salvation

Quote:
the made up mind that is not open to anything outside of it's own ability to determine meaning is biased because it is comfortable in it's own understanding of existence!?
Oh the irony.
__________________
Close your eyes, but keep your mind wide open.

Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old 01-02-2008, 02:07 PM
muarader64 muarader64 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 131
Re: Sin and Salvation

There is a lot of disrespect towards God in this topic but, so it is...

It's all in the eyes of the beholder, has any heard that saying about the glass half full of water? One man can look at the glass and say it's half full, and another can look at it and say it's half empty. So it is with the word (the speeches Jesus gave). At some point of time in a persons lifespan he may come to question where he came from/what happens at the end of life and what his purpose in life is. Lexx, do you remember what Jesus said about those that hear the word? How:

"When anyone heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart"

which is in the Book of Matthew chap. 13. Now if a man doesn't believe the words of Jesus Christ the Son of God, then how could he believe in ANY of the scriptures at all? And how could he believe in the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, my God, and the worlds God? So then if a man doesn't believe in the one true GOD, he has to believe in SOMETHING right? God said in Exodus chap. 34 "For thou shalt worship no other God: for the Lord, whose name is jealous, is a jealous GOD." Couple things a man can believe in is himself, making himself a god, like Caeser of old.., or Evolution(Science) or whatever else you can come up with that isn't the Lord of Hosts.... another example, and a good one... Mammon: or wealth, abundance of goods...., cause a man's gotta survive right? an extreme saying could be "To get it by any means necessary". Could you not say then that you serve wealth, Mammon? Book of Luke chap 16 states:

"No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. You cannot serve God and Mammon"

So basically in short, you either serve GOD, or you serve something else. But of course any man might try to justify themselves, and their actions, so a person cannot be persuaded with after a certain point..... cause a person matures daily, of course life is long(or short to some) and who knows what might happen in a persons life that might invoke a change of thought? Jesus stated quite plainly, man is either against him, or with him. Book of Luke chap. 18:17 states:

'Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise therein."

Of course, here comes the glass analogy again. One man can look at that phrase and say: "but wait a minute, I DON'T believe in God, and I'm quite learned and technical, so if Jesus stated that, does that mean if the child doesn't receive the kingdom of God as a child, and I know of people that turn to god as an adult........ how does that make sense?" And another man can say: "well a little child? what age range? well I know that children have guardians/parents... cause they can't take care of themselves, so who will they learn from? We know that thoughts need a foundation to build upon and children are innocent and moldable, no?, will their solid foundation be in Christ, or, will this child himself/herself REJECT what is being taught to him/her? Will the parents be believers in Christ ALREADY, to teach the child so? I got it!, I'll look at the teacher/s of the child first, then to the child him/herself."


Who will listen? Some will hear the word and listen, others will not. pardon my wall of text.

Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old 01-02-2008, 02:22 PM
wiseroption's Avatar
wiseroption wiseroption is offline
Hold your horses Bub!!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 404
Re: Sin and Salvation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexx View Post
no thanks,i dont want to TAKE your self self admitted derailed train of logic!?as it is your own creation!?for instance,who says god says what!?or in other words,if you rearrange what god says TO YOU in an order that defends your position on god,and in doing so propose it as a linear sequence of facts stated in the form of a question,and then demanding an answer posed like a question!?how can this be considered investigative intent!!?and if science has as it's driving virtue the quality of investigative intention!?(held to the highest standard called objectivity!?)how can you claim to be a scientifically motivated thinker!?you could in my opinion be safe in calling yourself an objectively motivated thinker,as objects do tend to fascinate the mind on/in the/this world of form and sensation!?you see this quality most rediculously expressed in most small children!?and without the growth of spiritual knowledge,continues to dominate the mind even up until old age!?it's usually referred to looked on as IMMATURITY!?but i dont want to seem to be attacking your questioning of the existence of god!?it's the way you go about questioning that speaks volumes!?not just about yourself but about all who question the existence of a god!?there really only so many arguments that have been whittled down to the same ol same ol that only explode into elaboration when the afore mentioned are offered any logical or non logical response!?the made up mind that is not open to anything outside of it's own ability to determine meaning is biased because it is comfortable in it's own understanding of existence!?even when that understanding is not producing the best possible circumstances within the enviromental/circumstancial landscape as observed by the seen/percieved existences of fellow creatures in kind/quality!?so are you gonna help me escape my prison or not!?at least keep whittling away at my lunacy by saying you dont get it but it is poetic!?that,it seems prevents me from digging my trench any deeper!?and who knows,maybe i can eventually forget about this whole question of whether there is a god or not!?and just get on with a happy life of discovery!?just witnessing it all transpire in ways i would have to call miraculous if i had the inclination to stop and think about it!?(you noticed!?)have we replaced the idea/principle of an education of luck with an education of good!?wouldn't the 2 be better off joined!? :drunk: :zzzz: :devil: hehe!!.....just askn....
And SO VERY WELL SAID by you, Lexx. :i agree:Thanks for your wavy ~~~~ wavy brain. I'm so glad to have found my way back to Scam.com & even more glad that the website is working better, but really, really glad that you are still here. Keep on postin!
__________________
what the heck is this crap?

Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old 01-02-2008, 02:22 PM
peregrine's Avatar
peregrine peregrine is offline
Feisty Bird
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Newark, Delaware
Posts: 2,927
Re: Sin and Salvation

This statement that your are "with God" or with "Satan" Thats the choices? I don't believe in God and I don't believe in Satan...Its not an either or situation with me...sorry
__________________
I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck. ~Emma Goldman

Reply With Quote

  #11  
Old 01-02-2008, 02:31 PM
peregrine's Avatar
peregrine peregrine is offline
Feisty Bird
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Newark, Delaware
Posts: 2,927
Re: Sin and Salvation

The big mistake was allowing free will... we can actually think for ourselves..Isn't that amazing???????
__________________
I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck. ~Emma Goldman

Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old 01-02-2008, 02:32 PM
peregrine's Avatar
peregrine peregrine is offline
Feisty Bird
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Newark, Delaware
Posts: 2,927
Re: Sin and Salvation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason37601 View Post
Would you say you are a good person? If you are anything like me, you would probably like to think so, wouldn't you? I know that there will probably be someone out there that would answer this question with a no, but I haven't come across anyone to give no as an answer when I ask them. However, it doesn't matter what your answer is there is a way to find out for sure. How? Read the following.

1 Place nothing above God.
2 Do not bow before other gods.
3 Do not take God's name in vain.
4 Honor the Sabbath and keep it holy.
5 Honor your mother and father.
6 Do not Kill.
7 Do not Commit adultery.
8 Do not steal.
9 Do not lie.
10 Do not covet.

Have you ever broke any of the following laws? This is somewhat of a rhetorical question. It is rhetorical because you have! Everyone has!
This makes you a sinner, and the punishment of sin is death.

You see, God created mankind. We were created so that the Lord may love us and communicate with us. He provided all things and gave but one command. Adam and Eve broke that commandment bringing the punishment of death to all those to come. Also, there is no one fathered by man that has not broke the Command of God since.

Everyone is guilty! Everyone!!! A man is unable to walk upright in the sight of God and remain perfect. Pretty grim huh?

Though man is corrupt, God's love for man is perfect! God made us with the intent to have a relationship with us and since we can not be worthy of his love on our own accord he lowered himself to become flesh in the form of His son, Jesus!

Jesus was all God and all man. He was born to a virgin and lived a sinless life. He was loved and followed but was also hated and killed. He gave himself over to death.(the punishment for sin) but he had no sin in him. By Him doing this He forever changed the landscape of life and death. He was able to die because he was flesh but death could not hold him because he was innocent. He rose and walked the earth again before returning to heaven to prepare a place for all those who place their faith in him. He is the only way to heaven! Man was nor ever will be able to earn heaven. We cannot climb a "ladder or strairway" because there is none. The only way is to be carried by Him.

If you have not accepted him as saviour and gave yourself to him by repenting and turning from your sin you cannot enter heaven. He wants to save you! He wants to give His love to you forever without end! Ponder these things and if you wish to have a relationship with him, allow him to take you.

God Bless
Great sermon....belongs in church...this forum is intended to discuss the various reglions...not try to save anyone...thanks anyway!!!!
__________________
I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck. ~Emma Goldman


Last edited by peregrine : 01-02-2008 at 02:35 PM.
Reply With Quote

  #13  
Old 01-02-2008, 02:47 PM
Anti_thesisofreason's Avatar
Anti_thesisofreason Anti_thesisofreason is offline
Qwerty Kabal
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Western New York
Posts: 848
Re: Sin and Salvation

Quote:
Originally Posted by muarader64 View Post
Who will listen? Some will hear the word and listen, others will not. pardon my wall of text.
"The lips of wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding."

--The Kybalion

"Where fall the footsteps of the Master, the ears of those ready for his Teaching open wide."

--The Kybalion

"When the ears of the student are ready to hear, then cometh the lips to full them with Wisdom."

--The Kybalion
__________________
It is my firm belief that it is a mistake to hold firm beliefs.

"All things are perfect to every last flaw and bound in accord with Eris's Law."
-HBT; The Book of Advice 1:7

Reply With Quote

  #14  
Old 01-02-2008, 02:53 PM
wiseroption's Avatar
wiseroption wiseroption is offline
Hold your horses Bub!!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 404
Re: Sin and Salvation

Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
I guess im good in the sense that i don't go about killing people and i can make friends with relative ease.
Your "guess" might only be as valid as another's "belief".


Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
The ten commandments eh? Surely you realize that there is more than one religion in this world?
Surely you realize what religion the ten commandments are associated with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
Which god? cause the flying spaghetti monster doesn't care too much about it.
Duh, The One associated with the ten commandments. The flying spaghetti monster was eaten by the crawling broccolisaurus, so that's not even relevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
Also how is this a measure for how good one is? Just in that sentence you've classified all atheists/buddishts/deists/agnostics as bad people simply because they don't hold this god as the greatest. Talk about unfair
No one ever promised fair. Obviously there is no one who is absolutely good, so come to think of it, that does in fact place us all on equal & fair ground.


Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
Done and done, i bow to no god so that must make me a way better person than any monotheist
Not if there is is in fact only one God.


Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
Why exactly? you'd think that an omnipotent being would have more important things to do than to care about who said "goddammit". It still tells us nothing about who is good or not
I tend to agree with you here, but I s'pose it's like you best not yell "bomb the bast@rds" in an airport. You may not have meant what you said, but your @ss is grass anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
Even jesus didn't do this. Why would someone who works on the sabbath be considered any lesser than someone who doesn't?
I can't find anyone who knows what day the sabbath actually falls on anyway.

I'm tired and now I'm bored. You spend waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time quoting and unquoting. I think I will say my prayers, thank God the Creator for this day and go nighty night.
__________________
what the heck is this crap?

Reply With Quote

  #15  
Old 01-02-2008, 04:49 PM
coosjoaquin coosjoaquin is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: uk
Posts: 841
Re: Sin and Salvation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseroption View Post
Your "guess" might only be as valid as another's "belief".
Which i dont mind since personaly i think It doesn't matter if someone somewhere thinks that killing children and not making friends is a sign of a good person.

Oh wait was i meant to use those mostly arbitary laws as point of comparison? cause of so then yh im a bad guy by moses standars

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseroption View Post
Surely you realize what religion the ten commandments are associated with?
They are the abrahamic religions AFAIK. What you want me to regard those laws as absolutes which dictate who is good and who isn't?


Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseroption View Post
Duh, The One associated with the ten commandments. The flying spaghetti monster was eaten by the crawling broccolisaurus, so that's not even relevant.
Why her though? Obviously if we are gonna put an absolute measure of who is considered what by god then we need to use the opinions of the true god(s) which may or may not be the bible one


Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseroption View Post
No one ever promised fair.
Which is funny since the ones who hold the big 10s also claim that their god is benevolent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseroption View Post
Obviously there is no one who is absolutely good, so come to think of it, that does in fact place us all on equal & fair ground.
Well thats the thing, the game is set up so that no one wins but you can still escape eternal torture by following whatever sect of christianity is most persuasive to you



Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseroption View Post
Not if there is is in fact only one God.
But is there? since this is all metaphysics 2,3,5 or even an infinite number of gods are just as likely to exist. Theres also the large chance that the god doesn't care about it or that she doesnt exist


Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseroption View Post
I tend to agree with you here, but I s'pose it's like you best not yell "bomb the bast@rds" in an airport. You may not have meant what you said, but your @ss is grass anyway.
Probably though it remains unknown if this will cause you consequences later on. I think that if people were to be struck by lightning everytime they did it, then it would be easier to tell


Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseroption View Post
I can't find anyone who knows what day the sabbath actually falls on anyway.
It depends on when it is convenient. If you are jewish then it is probly on saturday, if christian then its sunday and friday if muslim i think

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseroption View Post
I'm tired and now I'm bored. You spend waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much time quoting and unquoting.
Meh, its the way i as well as many other people do things. Normally when someone writes multiple paragraphs of text, they make many points and its allot easier to adress each one individually instead of takling the whole thing at once

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseroption View Post
I think I will say my prayers, thank God the Creator for this day and go nighty night.
Nite nite

Reply With Quote

  #16  
Old 01-02-2008, 05:03 PM
wiseroption's Avatar
wiseroption wiseroption is offline
Hold your horses Bub!!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 404
Re: Sin and Salvation

I can not help but to ask one last question before I doze off;
Why is it, within your efforts to depose this god of the ten c's, you seem to recognize her by personification in many of your posts?
__________________
what the heck is this crap?


Last edited by wiseroption : 01-02-2008 at 05:17 PM. Reason: just 'cause i wanted to.
Reply With Quote

  #17  
Old 01-02-2008, 05:26 PM
muarader64 muarader64 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 131
Re: Sin and Salvation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseroption View Post
I can't find anyone who knows what day the sabbath actually falls on anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin
It depends on when it is convenient. If you are jewish then it is probly on saturday, if christian then its sunday and friday if muslim i think

Read the scriptures. In the Book of John(Gospel), on the third day Jesus arose correct? So, where was Mary Magdalene on the first day of the week? Whom did she find? In Moses time, wasn't there a preparation day before the Sabbath? In the Book of Mark chap. 15:42
what was said? Easter, or "The Lord's Day" is a Sunday correct? In history, when was the Sabbath day changed by man for Christians? and by whom? I'd look into these things.

Reply With Quote

  #18  
Old 01-02-2008, 05:45 PM
wiseroption's Avatar
wiseroption wiseroption is offline
Hold your horses Bub!!!
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 404
Re: Sin and Salvation

Quote:
Originally Posted by muarader64 View Post
Read the scriptures. In the Book of John(Gospel), on the third day Jesus arose correct? So, where was Mary Magdalene on the first day of the week? Whom did she find? In Moses time, wasn't there a preparation day before the Sabbath? In the Book of Mark chap. 15:42
what was said? Easter, or "The Lord's Day" is a Sunday correct? In history, when was the Sabbath day changed by man for Christians? and by whom? I'd look into these things.
I think that according to the gospel (as I have heard said), it does not matter on which day that the sabbath falls, but more that a day be set aside in which to rest, give thanks and give reverence to God in His creation. Calendars have changed throughout the centuries anyway.
__________________
what the heck is this crap?


Reply With Quote

Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Righteousness and Salvation Solve et Coagula Political Chat 1 08-12-2007 03:43 PM
Salvation Army Eyecanseeycantyou Charity Scams 16 01-31-2007 08:35 AM
SALVATION - A gift from Jehovah Emerantia Religious Scams 18 01-07-2007 05:14 AM

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump




This site may contain advice, opinions and statements of various information providers. Scam.com does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information provided by any information provider, any User of this Site or any other person or entity. Reliance upon any such advice, opinion, statement, or other information shall also be at the User’s own risk. Neither Scam.com nor its affiliates, nor any of their respective agents, employees, information providers or content providers, shall be liable to any User or anyone else for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, alteration of or use of any content herein, or for its timeliness or completeness, nor shall they be liable for any failure of performance, computer virus or communication line failure, regardless of cause, or for any damages resulting therefrom. Just because a business, person, or entity is listed on scam.com does not necessarily constitute they are scammers. This is a free open forum where people can debate the merits from the consumer's or business owner's perspective. Registration and participation is always FREE.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:59 AM.




Scam.com Is Proudly Hosted By Rackco and Protected By CloudFlare


Scams Message Board - Copyright 2004-2013 Scam.com , All Rights Reserved.