report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Work at Home Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2007, 11:51 PM
Newbie Member

Charter Financial Broker Notes?

I recently came upon Charter Financial. They buy cash flow notes and also offer a course to do it yourself. Has anyone has experience with them and what kind of experience you had. This doesn't sound like a Russ Dalbey situation as Charter themselves also buy notes themselves as a company whereas Russ Dalbey sells the program.

www.brokeropp.com - this is where info about the opp is
www.charternotes.com - this is where the company itself purchases notes.

They are a member of the Better Business Bureau and they have a descent history with limited complaints, all of which were resolved. (4)

When I mentioned Russ Dalbey, I didn't mean the "Building Wealth Together" is through Russ Dalbey. I mean the program I'm looking at doesn't sound like a problematic program like Russ Dalbey puts out.

Anyone have experience with Charter Financial or advice?

Old 12-10-2007, 02:05 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Charter Financial Broker Notes?

What are cash flow notes ?

Old 12-11-2007, 06:43 PM
Newbie Member

Cash flow notes come in many different forms such as deeds of trust, court awards, annuities, mortgages and lottery winnings. For example, if you win the lottery, you'll get X amount over say 20 years.

From what I have read and learned with Charter Financial, you locate people who have these kinds of notes (ones where they receive payments over the course of several years), and I would contact Charter Financial and say John Doe would like to sell 5 years worth of lottery payments for a large amount now instead of waiting...Charter would say how much they are willing to buy. I would subtract how much I want to make and then quote the person the new amount, so if Charter is willing to pay say $100,000 and I want to make $3,000, I would tell the person that Charter will buy his winnings for $97,000.

I'm not totally familiar with Russ Dalbey's system, from what I have seen on their infomercial, it works in just about the same way except instead of calling to get a quote directly from the company who will be buying the note, you post it on a website that sounds a lot like ebay where you wait for someone to say "hey i'll buy it"...

Old 12-11-2007, 07:04 PM
Diamond Member

Russ Dalbey's system is a SCAM. From what I read, buddy Russ does not pay or buy any notes. He makes his money by selling his system. After that you are on your own.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:17 PM
Newbie Member

Thats what I mean.

Russ Dalbey doesn't buy the notes so there's no point in wanting to see the people that use his system succeeds...Charter Financial is different where they make money from the notes the person finds because they buy them directly, not anyone else. Thats why I am wondering about them because they sound more reputable.

Old 12-17-2007, 10:47 PM
Bronze Member

There are genuine companies that do this, I do not know if this is one of them.

Old 02-07-2008, 03:28 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Hi,

I am here looking for the same information. I have recently paid 195. for the course through Charter Financial on brokering notes. I am unsure if I should request my money back or sink money into advertising etc. to find the notes.

I have not been able to find out anything bad about this company but I have been burnt so many times before. I think at this point since I have 30 days money back guarantee I might try the process and see if I get any hits and/or make any money. I will provide an update...if you hear of anything shady please update me so I can get my money back!

Thank you,
Theresa

Old 02-09-2008, 09:16 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Mrsdanskin, I'm looking at this too. Can't find anything negative out on the net about them. Please do post about your experience.

Old 02-09-2008, 11:13 PM
Time is Money, Time and Money wait for noone

Russ and Charter are the same except for Charter buys the notes and Russ doesn't. But Russ does offer support and it is hard to find the notes. I have bought both programs and I have made some money from this type of investment. But it takes alot of money for advertiment and if you don't get a big return on the notes you do. Then your not coming out even. But it all depends on where you live if you will do well. California and florida are excellent for big time returns.

Old 02-10-2008, 11:22 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Hey star07, I'm no stranger to the time and money needed to market properly. I know that you only get out what you put in to those type of things. So that doesn't necessarily surprise me. I guess I was more concerned with making sure they actually do buy the notes. You said that you made some money with this type of investment. Do you feel it was worth your investment? $195 doesn't seem so bad if they uphold their end of the bargain. Most of those type of programs usually want you to add on other things or spend thousands on the training portion. If you don't mind my asking, how much did you put toward advertising and what sort of income were you making off of this? Are you still doing it?

Old 02-10-2008, 11:16 PM
Time is Money, Time and Money wait for noone

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrave View Post
Hey star07, I'm no stranger to the time and money needed to market properly. I know that you only get out what you put in to those type of things. So that doesn't necessarily surprise me. I guess I was more concerned with making sure they actually do buy the notes. You said that you made some money with this type of investment. Do you feel it was worth your investment? $195 doesn't seem so bad if they uphold their end of the bargain. Most of those type of programs usually want you to add on other things or spend thousands on the training portion. If you don't mind my asking, how much did you put toward advertising and what sort of income were you making off of this? Are you still doing it?
Well to make this short and sweet I think it was worth my time and money spent but they do try to sell you training and other stuff. I spent $5000 on advertisement. I spent $1000 on the newsletter, $2000 on a CPA which you must have to do this kind of work. The other was spent on postcards, stamps, and newspaper ads. I have $2600 return on the first deal, $6900 on the second, but as I said before Florida and Calif. have bigger returns, my third deal was with a couple in Florida and I made a $28005 return.
Yes I am still doing the program but not as much time is spent on it. I hate going to court house to lookup the public records. It is way to much time consumming but I may hire a student to go do that part for.

But here is a web address for you check out before spending alot of money on the course.
http://www.papersourceonline.com

Sign up for his free course in note brokering. This will give and excellent ideal of what your really getting into. Then you will be able to make a better judgement on if this is something you will be able to do. J.W's free course is a great way to get the infomation first before you spend money on the courses.

Old 02-11-2008, 11:16 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Star07, thanks for the info!

Old 09-24-2008, 10:02 AM
Newbie Member

Hi, I have been a broker for Charter Financial for almost a year now, Let me tell you this company is extremely profitable BUT dont think you will send out one add and have 30 note holders kicking down your door. It takes hard work and doesnot require much money as people are saying. I am 19 years old I do the court house research which takes time and send postcards and letters to those people for cheap and sometimes free postcards I use VistaPrint.com

Let me warn you...DO NOT BUY CHARTER FINANCIALS COURT HOUSE LEADS....they suck! I sent out 100 and got back 65 than the remaining were from Nursing Homes. Almost any leads you buy from my exoerience is BULL Court house is free you can do it online and it is updated I recently send out 50 postcards that i got for free and ONE returned and total if all notes value was $10 million, 2 of the notes where Million $ notes and one was $4 mil, Out of the 50 I closed 11 making no less than $5,000 per deal.
Hope this helps you a little getting started also print business cards and put them EVERYWHERE their always free for 250 and take advantage of any free advertising sites etc also Make your post cards different these people get postcards with hundred dollar bills all the time make it different to catch thier attention, any more questions email me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdanskin View Post
Hi,

I am here looking for the same information. I have recently paid 195. for the course through Charter Financial on brokering notes. I am unsure if I should request my money back or sink money into advertising etc. to find the notes.

I have not been able to find out anything bad about this company but I have been burnt so many times before. I think at this point since I have 30 days money back guarantee I might try the process and see if I get any hits and/or make any money. I will provide an update...if you hear of anything shady please update me so I can get my money back!

Thank you,
Theresa

Old 10-27-2008, 02:32 AM
Newbie Member

Any new successes people? Any more experiences out there? Just getting it going, and would like to guage the market. Thanks!

Old 11-03-2008, 04:49 AM
Newbie Member

Hey,
Well the news keeps getting better, Hope you get it going well, I am processing a $96,000 note and a $225,000 commercial note and got another form in today that I havent even taken a look at, and preparing to send out letters to 50 targeted courthouse Leads I been working on. Its going great here! Any Questions email me:

Best of Luck to ya,
Best Broker
P.s. Did you get your website up yet?

Last edited by katiescorner : 11-03-2008 at 09:58 AM.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:06 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestBroker View Post
Hi, I have been a broker for Charter Financial for almost a year now, Let me tell you this company is extremely profitable BUT dont think you will send out one add and have 30 note holders kicking down your door. It takes hard work and doesnot require much money as people are saying. I am 19 years old I do the court house research which takes time and send postcards and letters to those people for cheap and sometimes free postcards I use VistaPrint.com

Let me warn you...DO NOT BUY CHARTER FINANCIALS COURT HOUSE LEADS....they suck! I sent out 100 and got back 65 than the remaining were from Nursing Homes. Almost any leads you buy from my exoerience is BULL Court house is free you can do it online and it is updated I recently send out 50 postcards that i got for free and ONE returned and total if all notes value was $10 million, 2 of the notes where Million $ notes and one was $4 mil, Out of the 50 I closed 11 making no less than $5,000 per deal.
Hope this helps you a little getting started also print business cards and put them EVERYWHERE their always free for 250 and take advantage of any free advertising sites etc also Make your post cards different these people get postcards with hundred dollar bills all the time make it different to catch thier attention, any more questions email me!
I have yet to do anything with Charter Financial. I paid for the program but then became sick. I have an undiagnosed autoimmune disorder which limits what I can do besides go to one of my seven doctors. I want everyone to know that I think Charter Financial is a great company. I called to request a refund because I was not going to be able to do much for awhile. I was NOT pressured in anyway to stay a member. I called on a Thursday and received a FULL refund on Saturday. I still have all of the training materials and such. As soon as I am on a good treatment plan and am feeling better I am going to sign up with Charter Financial again. This is defintely a competitive market but Charter buys the notes so you do not have to find a buyer yourself.

They are the only legitimate company I have had the pleasure of dealing with in trying to build a business and work from home. Good luck to all of you!

Old 11-10-2008, 01:19 PM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestBroker View Post
Hey,
Well the news keeps getting better, Hope you get it going well, I am processing a $96,000 note and a $225,000 commercial note and got another form in today that I havent even taken a look at, and preparing to send out letters to 50 targeted courthouse Leads I been working on. Its going great here! Any Questions email me:

Best of Luck to ya,
Best Broker
P.s. Did you get your website up yet?
Hey BestBroker thanks for offering your advice, I certainly could use some right about now. I have already purchased the course, and have the website up and running. I am attempting to utilize my local county courthouse's website to search for notes but am coming up short. Which areas in the courthouse website should I search, and how should I phrase my query? I already have a co-worker interested in off-loading his rental property and plan on aggressively attacking that, but would like to become atleast semi proficient in the courthouse research game as well. Any advice as always is greatly appreciated! Thanks again!

Old 12-07-2008, 05:00 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Every Courthouse is not the same. If you have the course you can listen to the recordings on court house research. I would ask the clerk they should be able to tell you how to search, etc. Some are on micro film others in a computer database. You also may want to see if you can get the information on the web.

Hope this helps
Scott
http://www.michigannotebrokers.com