report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Internet Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2007, 07:24 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Epic Commerce, LLC

Anyone heard of these guys? Wanted to know before I post my thoughts/experience. I want to be sure people are educated about this company and it's intentions.

Thanks,

Old 11-09-2007, 12:05 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Epic Commerce, LLC

Seems to be a web development company

Old 11-09-2007, 08:25 AM
Banned

The WhoIs info shows;
Quote:
Registrant:
Epic Commerce LLC
3219 E Camelback Rd
Suite #484
Phoenix, Arizona 85018
United States

Registered through: My SV Hosting
Domain Name: EPICCOMMERCELLC.COM
Created on: 25-Apr-07
Expires on: 25-Apr-08
8009184058 Fax -- 6029570693
BBB report shows;
Quote:
Epic Commerce, LLC
3219 E. Camelback Road, #484
Phoenix, AZ 85018
Telephone: (288) 918-4058
Fax: (602) 957-0693

File Open Date: July 2007
TOB Classification: Magazines-Subscription Agents

The BBB develops a full report on a firm based on inquiry or complaint activity. This company first came to our attention in July 2007. We are attempting to develop more information on the company. At the present time we do not have enough information to issue a full report.
They have had 4 complaints since the report was generated, 3 are listed as resolved, 1 was administratively closed.

A reverse address look-up using Whitepages.com shows;
Quote:
The Ups Store
3219 E Camelback Rd
Phoenix, AZ 85018-2346
(602) 952-8830
The Phone number listed in the BBB report is not a valid N. American area code (288) , Check that here..

Arizona Corporate License for 'EPIC CORPORATE COMMERCE, LLC', I believe that is them, only listing that is even close, but it gives a different address;
Quote:
4040 E CAMELBACK #140
PHOENIX, AZ 85018

Agent Status: APPOINTED 08/20/2007
Agent Last Updated: 08/22/2007
A reverse address look-up, again Whitepages.com, shows,
Quote:
17 Results matching "4040 E Camelback, Phoenix, AZ"
None of these match, but as I said, I'm not sure if that is the same company.

Last edited by nomaxim : 11-09-2007 at 08:29 AM.

Old 11-09-2007, 01:53 PM
I am new at Scam.com

NoMax,

Thanks so much for doing that lookup for me! Sure wish I'd talked to you prior to doing business with them. If you can call it business. Their website, epiccommercellc.com, does appear to be a web development site. What they really are is a very small company, mostly made up of very low paid telemarketers, and a few power closers.

I've been in sales for over 15 years and totally should have seen this coming. I researched them as much as I thought I should, and the spiel was this: Give them money anywhere from 250 to 499, and they provide you with a website with premier advertising. Every click you get on your site, which is basically a blogging site, brings you income. The more work you put into it, they say, the more money you can make. I gave them $499.00, and waited anxiously for my coach to call. When she called, there was no coaching about how to get people to my site, what to do with google, nothing. Her approach instead was, "you have to spend money to make money", and told me I wouldn't make any money unless I gave them an additional $8000 to bring qualified people to my site. I was dumbfounded, disgusted with myself for falling for this scam.

I called and sent an email asking for a refund. To cut to the chase, what ended up happening was they refunded my money because of an "administrative error" of their's that I could have pursued as fraud.

I'm not into get rich quick schemes, never have been, and was willing to put 8 hours a day into this website, only to find out it was nothing but another scam.

Old 11-12-2007, 06:44 AM
Never again

Oh God! I wish I had found this site a month ago. I looked in google but couldn't find anything, but now found this site with AOL search engine.

I was scammed on 10/19. They took $149 from my acct. Even though I told the guy, Brian WIlliams, that i would have to shorten my grocery bill to do this. He said that I won't regret. So here I am.

Paid for a 'work order' wish is nothing but a notebook with stuff I already knew!

I'm getting a 2nd job the old fashion way...a parttime job at the mall for christmas!! and my AVON!

God, I was so stupid!!!

Old 11-17-2007, 05:04 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Viva, don't feel stupid. Well, guess I can't say that, I feel stupid enough. I got my money back, but had to fight for it. I say you open up a ticket with the BBB. I know it may not work, so before you all lambaste me :-), it's just that it looks like the tickets opened with them were settled.

I googled them too, nothing at all, thought they were legit. What a crappy website!!! "insertnamehere"onlineoptions.com. You're supposed to blog away to get people on your site! Totally knew all that on my own, and could get a website for MUCH cheaper that was much nicer.

I'm curious, Viva, did they try to get you to spend more money on advertising? This company needs to be stopped.

Old 01-02-2008, 08:53 AM
I am new at Scam.com

:i agree: They are getting bolder: they sucked me in with a price of $399 then stuck my wife's discover card for $3,900:devil: Discover, at least, helped us out: refused to pay and canceled the card with a new card coming in the mail. As with others, I wish I had found this site the day before I got ripped off rather than the day after.:cry:

Did anyone else get offered a refund of 105% id they were dissatisfied with the program? I'll bet that will be readily forthcoming:drunk:

Old 01-02-2008, 02:46 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Epic Commerce, LLC - not?

After I screamed and yelled at Discover Card then screamed and yelled at Epic, they actually refunded the $3,900 they "mistakenly believed they had coming" and even agreed to refund my $399 startup money - even though they built the website the startup money paid for. "It wasn't fraud or a scam," Russ insisted, just a mistake. Then he set about to right the mistake.:shocked:

My advice? Get it all in writing and don't "agree" to anything over the telephone. Rebecca. my "coach," is a real sweetheart and could probably sweet talk a viper out of its venom. Just be careful out there!:sunglasses:

Old 01-04-2008, 11:29 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Oh my god this has been done to me everything you said is what happened to me. With on exception I haven't gotten my money back and they took me for $2,249. I have reported them to the BBB and Rip off .com I haven't heard anything back from ripoff and bbb won't do anything anymore. You are so right with Russ and Rebecca they are horrible people. Epic won't return any of my emails or anything but I am going to continue to file complaints against them until I get my money back from these people. How do these people sleep at night. Wish me luck on getting my money back. :i agree:

Old 01-04-2008, 11:31 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny1218 View Post
Oh my god this has been done to me everything you said is what happened to me. With on exception I haven't gotten my money back and they took me for $2,249. I have reported them to the BBB and Rip off .com I haven't heard anything back from ripoff and bbb won't do anything anymore. You are so right with Russ and Rebecca they are horrible people. Epic won't return any of my emails or anything but I am going to continue to file complaints against them until I get my money back from these people. How do these people sleep at night. Wish me luck on getting my money back. :i agree:
DO NOT TRUST ANYONE WHO SAYS YOU CAN MAKE MONEY AT HOME!!!!!!!!! SAS Manger has done the same thing to me.

Old 01-30-2008, 01:41 PM
Newbie Member

Penny1218,
I am a most recent victim of the Epiccommerce scam. After viewing testimony of other victims, I feel so stupid. Now I see why Epic reps get so defensive when I question how my money was spent. What they call a website, looks like a child designed it. It hasn't served it's intended purpose, and when I expressed this to Epic, they try to extort more money out of me. I checked the BBB before I signed up with them, but I hadn't seen this web site until now. Epic told me I could get a refund after six months. I really don't want to wait that long before taking action.
I paid (supposedly)for the rights to my domain name. I want to transfer it. I'm almost afraid Epic will do something to keep me from transferring to another company. Does anyone have any recommendations on this?

Old 02-15-2008, 02:00 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Hey, I tryed the program and made some money. I mean it wasn't 2,000 dollars, but it was enough to pay some bills :music:. They helped me with everything! I make a range of 400 to 600 a month with the program. Just takes some time to get there. I've been in the business for 4 months. It's not a get rich scam. If you wait it out, you will make money. Hang in there guys!!

Old 02-20-2008, 03:19 PM
Newbie Member

Thank you Lenny123, for the encouragement however, I was totally mislead from the beginning. I asked many questions prior to signing up, and no way did they advise me that I would be on my own if I choose not to use their ad coach. (The one that asked me for $5K 1 week after signing up). I realize there would be other fees involved, but I have had to research everything on my own. And I question Epic's control over the website, as I ran reports on my site and there have been over 3,000 impressions and clicks, yet no sales. Epic told me that my site is well put together seeing that I didn't get help from them. My site is based on content, and when I asked Epic if there was any way I could speak with a technical person(or email them directly), the customer service person yelled at me at said I could only speak with him, and noone else. I asked for a manager because he was out of line, and he told me;"I am the manager!". I asked if I could transfer my site, and now they told me they own the site and would not release it. When I need help, they always tell me I'm on my own because the site is mine. I'm not a happy camper right now.

Old 03-21-2008, 04:18 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I just got a call from them from an "Unknown" number. After giving a few answers about where I want to go with my career, I started to listen to an audio recording being played for me while on the call with the person. Honestly, if it was that good of money, they wouldn't be working on Easter Friday eh?

I listened for a while then hung up, after surfing to this site and reading about the scams/complaints. Thank you!!!!

This call started as a result of me posting for 'work at home' jobs through a link from a creditable site. Unfortunately, all the people who have contacted me have been scammers. Duh...who would *pay* to work, even if it is from home? LOL

Again...thanks for the great site.

Caroline in Canada

Old 04-18-2008, 04:49 PM
I am new at Scam.com

My wife and I were scammed. We paid $7,900 for our website and absolutely no other help. We were told that we would be getting all the help we needed to make this website successful, but couldn't even get a returned phone call for weeks. When we did get the call returned we got no help. We were promised information on how to check the website statistics to know what was happening on our site, but did not get this information for 2-3 months. They would not explain how we were to be paid and for what we were to be paid. We were idiots who were taken advantage of. We disputed the charges with our VISA company. Epic sent a paper to the Visa company that said we could not cancel service and of course my wife had signed it. I can't blame her though I was also a fool. They ripped us off bigtime and at a time when we could not afford to even live without being ripped off. Does anyone have any advice or other suggestions as to how to either make this thing work or to get our money back.

Old 04-21-2008, 02:23 PM
Newbie Member

Dear Schiro,
Epiccommerce is nothing but a scam, and I'm proof. And keep in mind that they also subcribe to this website, and any positive feedback listed on this site is most likely from one of their goons. The entire agreement changed from the first call I received from a (so called) sales manager. I was told only 2 add'l payments for hosting the site would be deducted from my account, and now this will make the 5th withdrawal. When I try and discuss anything with their customer service staff, they get defensive and yell and scream. They make you feel like you "agreed" to be scammed out of your hard working money. Now they say I have to wait 6 months before I can get a refund. I'm scared not to keep paying for the hosting, for fear they will use that as an excuse to not refund me my money. My heart goes out to you and your wife.

Old 06-23-2008, 05:52 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I am trying to get my startup fee back, it's been 6 months. I have been calling Epic Commerce for the past week and 1/2 and, I have felt messages everyday and no one has called me back. Their fax number has been disconnected. I was able to send an e-mail to customer service but am waiting for a failure reply, I recieved 3 over the week-end. I invested 8000.00 in advetising which I can't try to get back until December and I have not made one penny. What a SCAM!!!!!

I am going to try and mail a letter to the main office and the 3219 office, receipt requested, so I can go back to my credit card for the refund.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Old 07-01-2008, 06:49 AM
Newbie Member

Dear Jean1640,

So sorry to hear yet another Epic scam! I too have been trying to recoup my money after six-now seven months of no activity on my web. I've notified the BBB, and they refuse to do anything. I'm not sure why because almost all the stories are the same, and this company keeps changing the names of their reps, but I feel all of them are sitting in a hub laughing all the way to the bank! Epic helps one out of 100, just to stay semi-legal. They are gaining more and more unsuspecting customers because they forced us to advertise HHB Opps on our webpage. It's as though we are perpetuating the SCAM. Most of us did not make money, while they keep getting business. Our money back Refund is at the mercy of Epic's "so called" customer service agents. And they pick and choose which people they wish to refund money to, which seems to be far and few in between. Good Luck!