report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > MLM Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2007, 10:05 AM

Searching

I really want to join an MLM company because I want to earn a residual income but I do not know which one has the best benefits and which are legit. Of course, I do not have much money to invest right now because I'm just a SAHM right now. Please, no advertisement and I need pros and cons about each company.

Thanks!:heart:

Bookmark and Share

Old 10-18-2007, 11:31 AM
California Surfin

Re: Searching

word of advice:

Any program hyping a "system" .... RUN, RUN !!!

Old 10-18-2007, 01:17 PM
No, I'm not 47 years old... lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4u2nv View Post
I really want to join an MLM company because I want to earn a residual income but I do not know which one has the best benefits and which are legit. Of course, I do not have much money to invest right now because I'm just a SAHM right now. Please, no advertisement and I need pros and cons about each company.

Thanks!:heart:

I honestly don't believe there IS a company that has the BEST benefits. It all depends on what you're looking for.

The best place to start, I think, is to maybe go to mlm.com and look through their mlm directory on what kinds of different mlms there are. Some deal with vitamins, others with juices, telecom, books, self-development, etc. Then try to find a type of product or service that you could really see yourself promoting. Something you would WANT to tell people about.

Once you have your type of product/service, start looking at companies that offer that product/service and do some research on them. Then narrow down your choices until you have the company that is right for you... also take care in finding a sponsor that you would like to work with.
I do not believe that MLM/Network Marketing is a bad business model. I believe it's the shady people in MLM that make it LOOK bad. As long as you work hard, run your business ethically, and work with ethical people, then MLM can help you reach your financial goals... whether it's just to make extra money on the side or a full-time income.

"Never argue with an idiot. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with years of experience."

Pink Zebra Sprinkles

Old 10-18-2007, 01:29 PM

Thanks April! I will check out mlm.com. By the way... I really like your signature.

Old 10-18-2007, 01:53 PM
Frank Ross

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4u2nv View Post
Hello, since you specifically mentioned 'residual income' I have to mention ITV Ventures. There is no other Network Marketing company that does a better job of residual than they do. In fact, you can't really classify them as a Network Marketing company / MLM because you don't need to recruit to make money with ITV.

There is an MLM side of the business, but there is residual income to be made without that too. Briefly, you get set up to answer infomercial calls for ITV products. Every time you answer a call, that customer belongs to you for life. That means when they reorder product, you keep getting income from each reorder. And most products ITV sells are consumable so they easily can be reordered. Too much to go into here, but feel free to contact me directly if you want to know the other pros and yes, I will be honest and give you the cons to.

Old 10-18-2007, 02:01 PM
The fly in your Anti-MLM ointment...

4u,

Welcoome to SCAM.com.

Good advice from April!

Possibly good hint: Take a que from your own life as well. What "issues" need help or resolution in your life, ie, Nutrition, Weight, overall health, PetCare, Education, Energy, or lack of it, etc,... find something that strikes a chord in you. Something that your just drawn to naturally.

Find a product or service that you can be passionate about. Start there is my recommendation. Get inspired.

Avoid companies, plans, "systems" that promise to do all of the work for you, they rarely work short term & never work for the long haul. I don't care what they say, I've been around long enough to see em come & go.

Since you're a WAHM, (with children), I would assume you want your business to last over the long haul, don't you?

The younger the company, the greater the risk, (but the greater possibility of a good ROI, of your investment of time & energy!). Weigh it out for yourself. Your best bet would likely be a company that's made it through the first few years, at least. (The problem with "ground floor", ...they rarely get off the ground!)

Make sure you do things for your reasons, not someone else's.

Here's a good little blurb that might help;

Quote:
What The “Heavy Hitters” Won’t
Tell You About Network Marketing
~
10 Myths propagated in NWM
~
1. ~ Your Upline will build it for you.
(If your upline will build it, why do they need you?)
~
2. ~ 3-Way calls will enable you to recruit.
~
3. ~ The “system” will do all the work.
(If the system does all the work, why do they need you?)
~
4. ~ The Product will sell itself.
(If the product sells itself, why do they need you?)
~
5. ~ The product doesn’t matter - it’s the compensation plan!
~
6. ~ All you need is your warm market.
~
7. ~ You can make BIG BUCKS FAST!
~
8. ~ All you need are “2” people - or “3” or “5” etc…
~
9. ~ You can buy your way to Success.
(Or you don’t need ANY money!)
~
10. ~ Your MLM company is the BEST in the history of the world!

THE ONE UNIVERSAL TRUTH ABOUT NETWORK MARKETING:

YOU - Are The Most Important Factor in Your Business.

Good luck to you in your search!

Don't be afraid to invest in your NWM education either. Most of the "free" information out there basically boils down to someone else's "pitch" for their own business. If you want unbiased, neutral information about how this industry really works, pay for the information, & make sure it's from a reliable source.

If your interested in some of those resources, let us know. There are many here to help you out in that regard as well, I'm sure.

marketwaveinc.com - is a good place to start to get the "real poop" on NWM/MLM.

Good Luck to you!

Welcome to the dynamic world of Entrepreneurship through Network Marketing!

Kerry Hein:smile:
― Criss Jami
BEWARE:Joecool44, aka 'joecool', anti-MLM fanatic, Trolls here anonymously!!
Click Here!
Joecools ugliest LIE!...~"I'm not hiding my identity."
Some common sense Re:MLM/DS can be found, here...!! Click Here

Last edited by ohein56 : 10-18-2007 at 02:04 PM.

Old 10-18-2007, 02:22 PM

Hi, Envy.

I agree with almost all of the advice you've been given so far. But, before even looking at particular companies, I'd first learn about the industry of direcgt selling (particularly network marketing). I'd suggest:

* www.TheNewEntrepreneur.com by Rene Yarnell (particularly her book by this name)

* www.CharlesWKing.com by Dr. Charles W. King who has written the book "The New Professionals: The Rise of Network Marketing As the Next Profession

Both of these books not only tells the history of network marketing, but they also tell you the personal characteristics needed for success in this business and how to choose a network marketing company. You may be able to get these books cheaper through Amazon.

Hope this helps. God bless in finding your opportunity to help you realize your dreams in life!

Old 10-18-2007, 02:25 PM
Newbie Member

Well m also searching the same and have`nt founded any thing yet !
If i ll get to know about any i ll definately tell u that !

Old 10-18-2007, 03:03 PM

As usual Kerry and April--excellent advice.

One more thing that I would add is to trust your gut. If it doesn't feel right, don't do it.

Good luck to you!

Mary

Old 10-18-2007, 05:53 PM
The fly in your Anti-MLM ointment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by denvercogirl View Post
As usual Kerry and April--excellent advice.

One more thing that I would add is to trust your gut. If it doesn't feel right, don't do it.

Good luck to you!

Mary

Great point Mary.

As my wife and I always put it when considering a purchase or ?...,
"I need to be inspired!"

Here's another good training resource, www.daretodream.net (NO, I'm not affilliated withem in any way!):sunglasses:

Peace,

Kerry
― Criss Jami
BEWARE:Joecool44, aka 'joecool', anti-MLM fanatic, Trolls here anonymously!!
Click Here!
Joecools ugliest LIE!...~"I'm not hiding my identity."
Some common sense Re:MLM/DS can be found, here...!! Click Here

Old 10-21-2007, 08:46 PM

Thank you for everyone's advice. I greatly appreciate it. I'm going to try MyWorldPlus and see how that goes. My upline has been helping me even before I signed up which was pretty cool because he told me how the system worked and how to actually make money instead of just trying to recruit a bunch of people. I'll let everyone know how it goes.