report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > MLM Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2007, 06:02 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Is Xpango.com a scam?

Hi forum users,
How are you?I'm ok. I've noticed a website recently that claims to give free stuff?The site's called Xpango.com. I'd like to know whether it's a scam or not cus I've heard mixed things all over the internet about it.

Please help.

Old 09-28-2007, 10:08 PM
Platinum Member

Re: Is Xpango.com a scam?

Seems to be a UK based company, domain is about 3 months old

TUCOWS INC.
whois.tucows.com
http://domainhelp.opensrs.net

Registrant:
Xpango
4 Jumpers Road
Christchurch, Dorset BH23 2JR
GB

Domain name: XPANGO.COM

Administrative Contact:
Ltd, Xpango sales@xpango.com
4 Jumpers Road
GB
+44.01202564427
Technical Contact:
4 Jumpers Road
GB
+44.01202564427

Registration Service Provider:
UK Reg, domains@fasthosts.co.uk
+44 1452 541252
+44 1452 538485 (fax)
http://www.ukreg.com/

Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.
Record last updated on 19-Jun-2007.
Record expires on 04-Oct-2007.
Record created on 04-Oct-2005.

Old 09-29-2007, 05:43 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcwork
Seems to be a UK based company, domain is about 3 months old

TUCOWS INC.
whois.tucows.com
http://domainhelp.opensrs.net

Registrant:
Xpango
4 Jumpers Road
GB

Domain name: XPANGO.COM

Administrative Contact:
4 Jumpers Road
GB
+44.01202564427
Technical Contact:
4 Jumpers Road
GB
+44.01202564427

Registration Service Provider:
UK Reg, domains@fasthosts.co.uk
+44 1452 541252
+44 1452 538485 (fax)
http://www.ukreg.com/

Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.
Record last updated on 19-Jun-2007.
"Record expires on 04-Oct-2007."

What does that mean?
From what I've read it doesn't appear to be a scam but I've heard it's a MLM.What an MLM?and do they do?

Old 09-30-2007, 04:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
It means that the domain name, XPANGO.COM, was registered on 4OCT2005 and unless they renew the registration will expire and be up for sale on 4OCT2007.

Old 11-23-2007, 03:28 PM
Newbie Member

is Xpango legit?

I stumble accross Xpango (www.Xpango.com) who offer free items if you get enough credits. To me it looks legit, very professional, and there's no spam. Anybody have any good experiences with them? I signed up already just hope my times worth it. My refferals at the bottom if you enjoy the site aswell. I can use all the help!

http://www.xpango.com?ref=90971425

Old 10-05-2010, 07:03 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Xpango is SCAM!!

I gain enough credits on March, 2010.

Sent support tickets 2 times around April - May asking my gifts status -> No response

Register on this Exceem forum on June to get response for my gift

Quote:
I can see that you are based in Indonesia so its likely our verification process takes slightly longer but a member of staff will update you shortly. Again, for any further queries, please email our support team.

http://www.exceem.co.uk/forums/xpang...n-patient.html

Waiting 2 months for SHORLTY TIME that Xpango promise.

Xpango start verify my account on July, that mean for 6 months, Xpango abandon all my support tickets, never know if I gain enough credits or not n just know receiving money from advertisers every month without know how my feeling who working hard for get enough credits.

Not enough 6 months abandon my account. They make ridiculous reason. My referrals marked as fraud because all of them just complete one offer n using gmail. Can you imagine this reason used for close my account?!!

Old 05-29-2011, 10:37 AM
I am new at Scam.com

You feel Xpango is a scam? Check solutions here!

If you know Xpango, that site offering free electronic items for participating in their offers, you may have asked the question from yourself: is this a scam? Well, if you ask this from those who already members there, a bunch of them may say yes, and another say no. Why is this? Well, surely, there are members who received items from them. However the road leading to receiving your gift can be full of problems, that's why others may feel it a nightmare to collect enough credits for a gift. Seeing the complaints appearing again and again in forums and the lack of a guide offering soultions for these problems (and the fact that the Xpango support is not effective to offer solutions, nor does it try to be more effective), I decided to post this guide on how to deal with problems that arise time by time.

If you feel that the attitude of Xpango is suspicious when dealing with your problems, don't hesitate to read it!

So, first let's start with: what are the common problems that you will be likely to face at Xpango:

1. Unsuccesful tracking of participation in offers is general. This is a serious issue. Their system is not good at correct tracking of offers, and their guide for correct setting on cookies is outdated (when I am writing this, it is 4 years old, since then control panels changed significantly in browsers). But no matter if you set your browser correctly or not, unsuccesful tracking appears several times, and it means: you won't receive your credits. Many people experience this problem.

2. Frequent delays in crediting. It happens often as well. Many people complained about that they are waiting for their credits after participation in offers for months. The Xpango FAQ writes credits are normally added in 7 days, but this is a lie. Often this time will be much more, and when you ask the support where your credits are, you will mostly receive appologies because of delays, and in worst case you will need to wait a lot to receive your credits, provided you receive them at all.

3. Improper presentation of requirements to gain credits.

4. Incorrect tracking of the status of your participation. It also happens that you complete the requirements to get credits, but you don't receive them, and when you ask why, you are told by Xpango that you haven't finished completing the requirements. It can be very irritaing when you know you have, but Xpango says no, and it also raises the question whether they just want to fool you.

5. Referrals disappear from your list without notice.

6. Xpango says you are not eligible to transfer your spare credits from a previous gift, however it is offered as an option in their terms.

7. You find yourself banned and your account closed when you geathered enough credits for a gift. I, and some other people experienced this, and when I asked for the reason, an unbelieve fake reason was presented. I will talk about the details of this below.

8. You geather the required amount of credits, but your gift hasn't been sent for a long time. It happens, there were people who were waiting for months or even years for a gift to be sent.

Now let's talk about solutions on how you can prevent or deal with these problems:

1. No matter if you set your browser following Xpango's guide, it may happen that your offer participation is not tracked. So after you register at an offer site, always contact the support of that site first, and ask whether their system could track that you registered through Xpango. Ask them for a confirmation, and save it for your records. You can use it to defend yourself later if Xpango says your participation was not tracked. If it was not tracked, it may happen that you won't receive credits. So in that case before doing anything, contact Xpango then, and ask them to solve the issue. Else, you will be disappointed in case you spend money, and it turns out you won't receive credits in spite of that. Don't forget to save confirmations in either case.

2. If you are waiting for credits for a long time that is over the period Xpango guarantees the crediting, contact Xpango first. You will either receive your credits then shortly, or you will be told there is delay, and you will find yourself having to wait a lot afterwards, while nothing happens, and maybe you won't receive any more replies as well. In that case contact the support of the offer site, present the problem for them, and ask whether they have notified Xpango about your participation in their offer and ask for a confirmation. It has already happened to me that I participated in an offer, I didn't receive the credits for it for months, Xpango hardly replied to my question why, when it did, it said, sorry, they were not sent the info about participation from the offer site yet. Interestingly when I contacted the offer site support, they could give me a confirmation about that I completed the offer in a minute. (I wonder why it took months for Xpango then?) So in case of trouble your best friend is the offer site support.

3. It already happened to me that I completed a poker offer. I was waiting for the credits for a long time, didn't receive them, and I was notified by the support that I haven't completed the requirements yet. It revealed that the requirements were presented improperly. It was written: 'play 20 hands of poker', but the requirement was: '20 raked hands' in reality. So before completing any offer, double check the reequirements at the offer site support. If you miss it, you risk that you are only wasting your time. Save the confirmations, and also save offer requirements guides as screenshoots to be able to defend yourself later.

4. In case you participate in an offer, complete the requirements, but you are told by Xpango that you didn't, just contact the offer site support, ask for a confirmation, send that to Xpango and ask the offer site support to confirm completion of the requirements by themselves to Xpango, too.

5. I has already happened to me that I invited a friend through Xpango, he participated in 3 offers, and he didn't receive any credits. Xpango said his participation was not tracked, however I helped him to set the cookies correctly, so he didn't receive all the credits that he deserved. Even after he was credited, I received nothing, moreover he disappeared from my referall list without notice. I was lucky that I new him, so I could write Xpango about the problem, and received my credit finally. If he wasn't my friend, I couldn't have complained about this matter. So the safest is to invite friends to Xpango, because in case they disappear, you can track the problem easily. In case you don't know who disappears, you cannot refer to them any way when contacting the support. Or if you refer unknown people, try to track their participation by yourself to, maybe there are solutions for that.

6. There was a case that I had 2 spare credits after I received my gift that was a phone. (It cost 13, I collected 2.) 2 years later I wanted to have them transferred to my new gift ID, it is an option available at Xpango. But the support told me I cannot, because my phone cost 15 credits. Well, this is a good example why Xpango is suspicious, because this is simply a lie. My phone cost 13. I managed to find old website pages and blogs from 2 years earlier with the old device list of Xpango, right from the month I claimed my gift, showing that my phone was 13 credits. I also maganed to find a Google cache page of the old device list from Xpango's own site, and it also showed my phone cost 13 credits. In spite of it Xpango denied to give me my spare credits, saying the phone was 15. The conclusion is: always claim spare credits right after you received a gift!

7. When I managed to geather enough credits for my gift and claimed it at Xpango, I was surprised to find that my account is locked without notice. Then Xpango accused me by participating in the Intuit offer twice. I did not do that. I could save myself by asking for a confirmation from Intuit about that I do not have double accounts (that is impossible for the same person and e-mail address as they described), and sent that to Xpango. Then my account was reopened shortly. So, do the same if you experience this problem.

8. If you geathered enough points, but you have been waiting for your gift for months without an explanation from Xpango why, that is a nonsense. It happens at Xpango, there are examples. In that case you cannot do much, only what I can suggest you here below:

If every effort fails you can either:

- Go to exceem.co.uk. This is a forum where Xpango has a section and their operators are present. Post a complaint there about your problems, but only after you tried to solve the problems with the Xpango support. Indicate, that you didn't manage to solve the problem with Xpango. You can expect, that your problem will be solved shortly. This is because Xpango is afraid of that negative experiences will stay on the web, and in such a situation when the case turns dangerous for them, they won't play their games any more with you, but will satify you to show a better picture about themselves. However, be very careful! That forum is full of the friends of Xpango, even the moderator is the same person who is the support operator at Xpango. So don't be surprised when there will be many replies about that what you experiance is totally acceptable, be patient, etc, that is nonsense anyway, because who finds a delay of months to get an item you deserve normal? The difficulties you can face at Xpango are not highlighted on their site, so it is not normal. So don't let them to influence and mislead you, if you think you have been fooled while you were honest at the same time, let your voice heard.

- In the worst case you can turn to the Consumer Protection Agency of the European Union, that's role is to deal with cases like these. It may not be a solution if you are out of the EU, however, but you may try. If you are in the EU, first go to your local consumer support agency, and there they will give you the appropriate form to fill in, or direct you to the EU complaint site with the needed form.

- If everything fails, let your voice heard. Tell others about your bad experiences, and maybe if more people will know the problems you have to face at Xpango, they will change their attitude, and imrpove their support and system.

Last edited by Naco : 05-29-2011 at 11:44 AM.