report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Investment Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2007, 04:49 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: US Petroleum Holdings

I cannot believe I have just parted with my cash and invested in US Petroleum holdings as advised by Regency Advisory Group having just read all of this!

I was first approached in september but was very suspicious and ended up hanging the phone up on a very persistent sales women who appeared very unprofessional. I gogled the company and regencey at that time and did not find anything particularly suspicious however I didnt like the fact they werent regulated or the look of the website on USPH.

2 months later and I was called again by a different rep apologising for her colleague and claiming to be more senior and certainly had better responses to my questions. This time I was short of time, leaving for holiday, obviously vulnerable and told I could invest far smaller sums. I stupidly thought maybe it was worht a flutter and perhaps I was being too sceptical given my nature. I did not have time to re-google unfortunately or I may have come across this thread.

I have parted with cash to an escrow account at washington mutual but have not received any certificates yet despite haveing returned ffrom hols. I became suspicious following a call today from the Cheif Trading Officer (CTO) of regency taking a personal interest in me and my investment objectives. It was a very slick pitch but made me more suspicious and hence I did a search and found this. I feel sick!

If anyone has any advise on recovering this money or is int he same situation i would love to hear from you.

Everyone else - BE WARNED. I have also regsitered it with the FSA now.

Old 11-28-2007, 05:50 PM
Cyberdosh

Hi folks,
I'm normally a casual reader here but have decided to bite the bullet and post. I've been doing a little bit of research into how these people select the telephone numbers and have spotted what I think could be a link.
Does anyone you know who has been targetted submit letters to online newspapers? Or, of anyone you know who does submit and use their initials, surname, town and country as their signature, have they been targetted?
It's just a thought.

Most recent:
Lady called herself Monica, claimed to be from Bahrain and gave a Bahrain contact number that we didn't try phoning.
Minimum investment requested - 3000 shares at 3.15 to make 8 by time they are available in January 2008

Will be very interested to hear if anyone else has spotted any coincidences regarding who is chosen for the calls.

Old 11-29-2007, 12:37 PM
Newbie Member

Foolx1,

People do get their money back but you need to act quickly:

1. Go to your bank and tell them that you've been the subject of a boiler room fraud and ask them to try to recover the funds. Be polite but firm and don't accept "no" as an answer until you've spoken to someone who knows what they're doing - people have recovered their funds up to two weeks after paying.

2. Contact USPH and ask them for a refund, find out who their lawyer is (is it on the docs?) and contact them directly, explain to the lawyer that the approach was from an illegal boiler room.

3. Contact the FSA and your local fraud police.

4. Write to one of the main newspapers, eg Tony Hetherington in the Mail on Sunday frequently writes about boiler-room scams.

If you want the money back you basically have to work damn hard, people have written positive stories over here:

http://www.boiler-rooms.co.uk/secureforum/default.asp

for example, where they've got their money back, albeit after being very persistent.

JakNife

Old 11-30-2007, 08:24 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Hi all,
I too have been contacted by "Matheson Lloyd" wanting to flog me some at $ 3.15 and they say the company will be offering a very special dividend in Dec and will be listed on th AMEX during the 1st quarter of next year. They say the div yield will be about 7% for the year! and they haven't yet pumped any of that oil out! Sounds bloody good....

When they do eventually come to the market i wonder what the opening price will be? $1 or 50c or less? The only people making the money are the rogue investment houses marking the price up buy 1000%

Have a look at this scam that was similar to this one

http://boards.fool.co.uk/Message.asp...864&sort=whole

If you think the oil company sounds good might be best to buy when it is listed at least you wont be ripped off.

Old 12-03-2007, 11:24 AM
Newbie Member

Tony,

Is this "Matheson Lloyd"?

www.mathesonlloyd.com

JakNife

Old 12-03-2007, 01:08 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I have just been contacted by another mutation of Regency, called Guardian. Same pitch on US Petroleum Holdings, except the 'float' is now scheduled for Q1 08.

Old 12-03-2007, 02:31 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Hi JakNife

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakNife View Post
empera,

Could you post the bank details that are contained in the contract please, their bank can then be alerted to the scamsters actions.

JakNife
Is it worth always pretending to go along with these scams in order to get a contract note from them with their bank details? Can regulators then act quickly to close down accounts? It would be nice to think we could collectively make life as difficult as possible for these vipers - hey, they might even be forced to get an honest job like the rest of us.

Jonathan

Old 12-03-2007, 02:42 PM
Newbie Member

Absolutely contech!

Old 12-03-2007, 03:56 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Hi jaknife, yes i believe it was although i didn't look at their web site at first, they weren't that pushy like some are. My guess is that they have bought what was left over from regency.

Old 12-04-2007, 09:29 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Just had a call from Monica at Regency. Thanks guys for putting in the good work to warn me. But I'm sad that I've been put on the "Gullible old fart" list:cry:.

Old 12-10-2007, 06:19 PM
Newbie Member

COUNTERPOINT

Hi Texas 402
There are so many negative messages on this board re USPH that I am anxious to know more about your positive experiences. Did you buy USPH stock? If so have you received any further info from them. Without further information I am suspicious about your contribution.

Old 12-18-2007, 04:54 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Hi guys.

Things seemed to have moved on a bit since my last entry, having kicked Carla Martins (Regency AG) into touch, after the 5th phone call approx. 3 weeks ago. Just to recap........at that time she was telling me that the shares would be listed on the NASDAQ in the middle of December. No doubt they have not yet reached their target and have moved the goalposts eh?

Be carefel out there!

emp.

Old 01-31-2008, 06:46 AM
I am new at Scam.com

you mention that Regency may now be trading as crown-fidelity, any other experience of that?

i have been contacted by them about a soon to be listed America "superbrand" at very attractive prices, preferential listing and all that,

the web site for crown-fidelity is very basic, no e-mail addresses, limited 0800 contact details from Switzerland

unwilling to provide e-mail as a means of correspondence,

must say sounds a little fishy to say the least

AussiePom

Old 02-04-2008, 03:02 AM
Citizen Smith

Dear Aussue Pom,

You are right to be wary! Do NOT in any circumstances follow this through. These scumbags are after your hard earned cash and have no scruples. If they phone again, try to get as much info from them as possible (contact phone numbers, addresses, their bank details etc) before putting the phone down. Then post it on this website. It has worked well so far for me and is a great help to others less fortunate in the gullible stakes.

Old 02-04-2008, 03:21 PM
I am new at Scam.com

hi there from ireland latest updates to us petroleum holdings having been contacted a few times in d past from matheson lloyd i am currently waiting for an application form for some shares [either 3000 or 5000 shares at 3.15 dollars ] all sounded a little too good with company supposed to float by end of april enough time for these con artists to have made a clean getaway TO ALL OTHERS BEWARE OF THESE SUPER DEALS ] will keep all informed when & if i get any further details from an [alex peterson or andrew millar]both supposed employees of matheson lloyd
regards all [ps great website otherwise i would possibly have invested]

Old 02-05-2008, 07:17 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Just had a call from these Regencyag bods wanting pre floatation investment in US Petroleum Holdings @ around $3.15.
Calling from Bahrain giving me website logon usernames (Client.402) - look familliar - and passwords to regency and US Petroleum.
Must think I was born yesterday.

Old 02-06-2008, 03:47 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Had call earlier this week from Regency. Looking forward to handing over full bank details + contacts to Fraud Squad when they kindly send them in the post!

Got to say the pitch was brilliant, the web sites professional. Obviously can't find anything on the company before 2007 and all I do find is blogs and information from their own website!

I doubt there is much the police can do, but maybe more awareness will kick this scam into touch!

Old 02-07-2008, 09:28 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I have been today contacted by an agent of Boulton Price re/purchase of shares in US Petroleum Holdings. Sounds too good to be true! Scam presumably. Is it? Who or what is Boulton Price International?