report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Political Chat
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2007, 12:06 PM
Most Valued Gold Member

Tony Snow announces he's resigning as Press Secretary. The left wishes him well

Tony Snow is leaving his job as the Press Secretary and as all of you know, he has been battling cancer. It's nice to see those compassionate people on the liberal left from the Huffington Post, wishing him and his family all the best:
AmericaIsATerroist (See profile | I'm a fan of AmericaIsATerroist)
You do know his cancer is terminal right? Sadly he ain't getting well. ****ty thing. So long Tony, **** you.

Mekarri (See profile | I'm a fan of Mekarri)
I don't care about Snow or his cancer. He is a cancer on the US along with bush and the rest of his crew. So what if snow dies, I hope it is slow and painful. Thousands of americans and iraqi civilians have died in this war that bush created and they had to die far away from home and all alone. Snow is bush cheerleader. I hope he rot in hell and take the rest of them with him.

FreedomCorpse (See profile | I'm a fan of FreedomCorpse)
apparently they will read from the script till the spirits from hell drag them away aka that scene in the movie 'Ghost'.

drakke (See profile | I'm a fan of drakke)
While it is not ideal that he suffers from this illness, it has occured to some that there may well be a causal link between ones' "way of being" and the disease one contracts. Being very cynical. insincere, and (borderline?) sociopathic can engender some unfortunate consequences, fortunately :)

Liberal2 (See profile | I'm a fan of Liberal2)
Snow dying of cancer makes him...how did he refer to the American soldiers coming back from Iraq in coffins...just a number.His family...ummm...compared to the [now] nine families who lost a husband/father/son in the Utah mining disaster (allowed by a mining industry executive appointed to run MSHA)...is just a number to me. And they'll be just one of thousands of families that lost a member to cancer. If Snow can't stand up in a news conference and demand more medical research, better health care for *ALL* Americans from this administration...well, screw him. Hope his family goes hungry.

mollywood (See profile | I'm a fan of mollywood)
Boo hoo! He's got cancer. How many people in the world that don't have cancer are dying because of him and his cronies? You are one idiot to feel sorry for him because of his cancer!

MrBritesnide (See profile | I'm a fan of MrBritesnide)
Would that his bosses could join him. Hell yawns before them.

Steamboater (See profile | I'm a fan of Steamboater)
It's nice to feel that way but some people deserve what they get. If Hitler had gotten cancer of the mouth, that would have been nice, just as as if Stalin and Mao and even Rumsfeld had gotten a terminal illness, that would have been even nicer. Just think, if all the thugs who had been repsonsible for getting us into Iraq never existed, 4,000 Americans and counting would still be alive.

Old 08-18-2007, 12:15 PM
Diamond Member

Re: Tony Snow announces he's resigning as Press Secretary. The left wishes him well

Yeah blog comments. Great

Old 08-18-2007, 01:00 PM
Diamond Member

Re: Tony Snow announces he's resigning as Press Secretary. The left wishes him well

Words mean things! Doesnt matter where they come from just that they
were said.

He looks terrible. I hope he will be alright.

PROMOTE SELF DEPORTATION.....ENFORCE OUR LAWS.:mad:

What are reparations? Making me pay
for something I had nothing to do with compensates no one
who suffered an injustice therefore I would be penalized for
something I didnt do and someone else would recieve a settlement
for an injury they did not suffer.[/b]

By D.B.

Old 08-18-2007, 01:39 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Yeah blog comments. Great
This coming from a guy with a blog comment as his signature line. :) You apparently do lend them some creedence!

Old 08-18-2007, 11:08 PM
Silver Member

Once again with the sweeping generalization of "the left". Yeah, Grim, every person in every city and town, in every state, in the whole country who doesn't agree with you is "the left". And every single one of them, man, woman, and child, wants Tony Snow dead. In fact, can hardly wait until he's pushing up daisies.

Another f'king moronic post.

Are you completely incapable of dealing with the specific? Is it just too hard for your brain? Or are you simply so simple that you cannot grasp the concept of "nuance"?

Old 08-18-2007, 11:30 PM
Silver Member

I'm actually quite sad. I'm going to miss having Herman Munster as the White House Press Secretary.

Old 08-18-2007, 11:55 PM
Silver Member

More comments from Huf Post, the ones Grim didn't pull because they didn't suit the sh-t-stirring nature of his BS thread:

Libsrule (See profile | I'm a fan of Libsrule)
Well I have some sympathy for his current health problems and hope he beats the cancer.

GrouchoMarxist (See profile | I'm a fan of GrouchoMarxist)
Agreed. I have no love at all for this man and what he's done, but I wouldn't wish cancer on anyone. I hope he's able to recover.

Nochnoi (See profile | I'm a fan of Nochnoi)
Right... I do not like him either, but no one deserves to be sick that way...
I hope he gets well too.... and when he does he can tell us all about spinning the truth..

Pajeff3 (See profile | I'm a fan of Pajeff3)
Snow is a dam press secretary..he doesn't make policy or have any real power..leave the guy alone, he won't be around long !!

Agentprovokatur (See profile | I'm a fan of Agentprovokatur)
Very succinctly stated. One can both have compassion for a cancer sufferer yet also take them to task for continuing to fuel their bad fortune by engaging in activities that bring suffering to others.

WilliamPilgrim (See profile | I'm a fan of WilliamPilgrim)
Tony
I truly detest your boss and his entire administration. For their utter contempt for the USA and the constitution, the lying to invade Iraq, the ridicule and mockery of anyone who dare speak against it, the failure to get Bin Laden, the disregard for world opinion, and the redneck fools that enabled this entire 4 years of decline. How you can defend these people is a mystery.
On the other hand I truly wish you the best with your fight against the crappy disease which we both share with millions of our fellow citizens. A trillion dollars would have bought a lot of cancer research....So it goes.

gardengoddess (See profile | I'm a fan of gardengoddess)
That's just ridiculous. Do you enjoy making yourself look so stupid, Swansong?
No one wants anyone to get cancer of any kind! What a childish, inane, absurd idea....which only a Republican could come up with. Your (Republicans') problem has always been that you think everyone in the world is as immoral, unethical, mean spirited, and lacking in empathy as you are. That's called guilty conscience.

SharedHumanity (See profile | I'm a fan of SharedHumanity)
I would not wish cancer on anyone. My sister-in-law died after struggling 8 long years with breast cancer. I was recently diagnosed with nodular melanoma and have had about 1/4 of my right forearm removed. I will have this nagging worry to deal with from now on.
Having said that, I hope that Snow has a complete recovery, lives a long life and finally can come to terms with the depths of his crimes while sitting in a cell at the Hague.

You must be one of the most dilligent pissants Scaife has. For your information we don't hate the poor, disease-ridden man, we have not respect for his choice of employment.

ebbtide (See profile | I'm a fan of ebbtide)
The man is dying. He may be leaving this earth before Bush's term ends. He leaves a family. Don't know what finiancial difficulties, but for god's sake, realize that this man is dying and hung on this far to make a salary before he bids the universe adieu.

Oh shut up .
The man is dying and may be dead within two months or so. What has happened to you people that you have absolutelyt no compassion at all any more? Are you the young generation of road ragers and violent video game afficionados?
Cripes what the hell is wrong with you? He does not make policy. He had a job, albeit one which no one of us would have, He made his salary and no doubt has huge medical bills. Pelosi makes a salary, Reid makes a salary and all those blue dog Democrats also make a salary and it all comes from you and me and just take a look at the disdain on the Huff post toward these wimply little midgets for the past months.

ArtandSoul (See profile | I'm a fan of ArtandSoul)
Tony's a good guy. Albeit seriously misguided and wrong, and willing to sell his soul to the most destructive, immoral, compassion-less, arrogant, and overall worst administration in U.S. history, but I wish him well personally nonetheless.

Well, you know, he just seems like the kind of guy you'd want to have a beer with. I base all my decisions on that basis. Who could have forseen that he would have these kinds of problems? After all, being a stooge for the devil is hard work.

Blackspeare (See profile | I'm a fan of Blackspeare)
Whether you like Tony Snow or not the important thing is the story between the lines. He's leaving for a higher paying job because of financial pressure from his cancer treatment. If someone like Tony Snow, who is making around $170,000/yr can't afford medical treatment even with his government plan----what does that say about the workaday citizen.

Rashomon (See profile | I'm a fan of Rashomon)
Tony Snow is leaving because of his cancer and to be with his family. Lets stop pretending like he is leaving because he is jumping ship.
Politics should be put to the side here.

Beelzebul (See profile | I'm a fan of Beelzebul)
"I will not be able to make it to the end of this administration, just financially," Snow said."
So he's struggling on $168,000 a year?
Anyway, holding a job where you have to spin and distort can't be good for anyone's health, let alone someone battling stage 3 cancer.
My dad had colon cancer which spread to his liver (like Tony's) and he was dead a year later. All cancer behaves differently, but stage 3 is not good.

Paul (See profile | I'm a fan of Paul)
Who can blame him? When you peddle trash all day pretty soon your own house starts to stink.
The guy has been through enough, let him be.

BTW: These are just from pg 1. Of (so far) 7.

Old 08-19-2007, 12:40 AM
Challenge Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocho
More comments from Huf Post, the ones Grim didn't pull because they didn't suit the sh-t-stirring nature of his BS thread:

Libsrule (See profile | I'm a fan of Libsrule)
Well I have some sympathy for his current health problems and hope he beats the cancer.

GrouchoMarxist (See profile | I'm a fan of GrouchoMarxist)
Agreed. I have no love at all for this man and what he's done, but I wouldn't wish cancer on anyone. I hope he's able to recover.

Nochnoi (See profile | I'm a fan of Nochnoi)
Right... I do not like him either, but no one deserves to be sick that way...
I hope he gets well too.... and when he does he can tell us all about spinning the truth..

Pajeff3 (See profile | I'm a fan of Pajeff3)
Snow is a dam press secretary..he doesn't make policy or have any real power..leave the guy alone, he won't be around long !!

Agentprovokatur (See profile | I'm a fan of Agentprovokatur)
Very succinctly stated. One can both have compassion for a cancer sufferer yet also take them to task for continuing to fuel their bad fortune by engaging in activities that bring suffering to others.

WilliamPilgrim (See profile | I'm a fan of WilliamPilgrim)
Tony
I truly detest your boss and his entire administration. For their utter contempt for the USA and the constitution, the lying to invade Iraq, the ridicule and mockery of anyone who dare speak against it, the failure to get Bin Laden, the disregard for world opinion, and the redneck fools that enabled this entire 4 years of decline. How you can defend these people is a mystery.
On the other hand I truly wish you the best with your fight against the crappy disease which we both share with millions of our fellow citizens. A trillion dollars would have bought a lot of cancer research....So it goes.

gardengoddess (See profile | I'm a fan of gardengoddess)
That's just ridiculous. Do you enjoy making yourself look so stupid, Swansong?
No one wants anyone to get cancer of any kind! What a childish, inane, absurd idea....which only a Republican could come up with. Your (Republicans') problem has always been that you think everyone in the world is as immoral, unethical, mean spirited, and lacking in empathy as you are. That's called guilty conscience.

SharedHumanity (See profile | I'm a fan of SharedHumanity)
I would not wish cancer on anyone. My sister-in-law died after struggling 8 long years with breast cancer. I was recently diagnosed with nodular melanoma and have had about 1/4 of my right forearm removed. I will have this nagging worry to deal with from now on.
Having said that, I hope that Snow has a complete recovery, lives a long life and finally can come to terms with the depths of his crimes while sitting in a cell at the Hague.

You must be one of the most dilligent pissants Scaife has. For your information we don't hate the poor, disease-ridden man, we have not respect for his choice of employment.

The man is dying. He may be leaving this earth before Bush's term ends. He leaves a family. Don't know what finiancial difficulties, but for god's sake, realize that this man is dying and hung on this far to make a salary before he bids the universe adieu.

Oh shut up .
The man is dying and may be dead within two months or so. What has happened to you people that you have absolutelyt no compassion at all any more? Are you the young generation of road ragers and violent video game afficionados?
Cripes what the hell is wrong with you? He does not make policy. He had a job, albeit one which no one of us would have, He made his salary and no doubt has huge medical bills. Pelosi makes a salary, Reid makes a salary and all those blue dog Democrats also make a salary and it all comes from you and me and just take a look at the disdain on the Huff post toward these wimply little midgets for the past months.

Tony's a good guy. Albeit seriously misguided and wrong, and willing to sell his soul to the most destructive, immoral, compassion-less, arrogant, and overall worst administration in U.S. history, but I wish him well personally nonetheless.

Well, you know, he just seems like the kind of guy you'd want to have a beer with. I base all my decisions on that basis. Who could have forseen that he would have these kinds of problems? After all, being a stooge for the devil is hard work.

Blackspeare (See profile | I'm a fan of Blackspeare)
Whether you like Tony Snow or not the important thing is the story between the lines. He's leaving for a higher paying job because of financial pressure from his cancer treatment. If someone like Tony Snow, who is making around $170,000/yr can't afford medical treatment even with his government plan----what does that say about the workaday citizen.

Rashomon (See profile | I'm a fan of Rashomon)
Tony Snow is leaving because of his cancer and to be with his family. Lets stop pretending like he is leaving because he is jumping ship.
Politics should be put to the side here.

Beelzebul (See profile | I'm a fan of Beelzebul)
"I will not be able to make it to the end of this administration, just financially," Snow said."
So he's struggling on $168,000 a year?
Anyway, holding a job where you have to spin and distort can't be good for anyone's health, let alone someone battling stage 3 cancer.
My dad had colon cancer which spread to his liver (like Tony's) and he was dead a year later. All cancer behaves differently, but stage 3 is not good.

Paul (See profile | I'm a fan of Paul)
Who can blame him? When you peddle trash all day pretty soon your own house starts to stink.
The guy has been through enough, let him be.

BTW: These are just from pg 1. Of (so far) 7.
Thanks for taking the time and effort to demonstrate just how totally full of sh!t the little weasel really is...as if most people here don't already know. This is just one more example of the craven personal dishonesty and pathologically biased cynicism of these Monkeys. The mistake they always make is thinking their critics are the same caliber of willfully corrupt and simple minded partisan circle jerks they are. This is why Grimey and these other radical-right Chimps think they can keep regurgitating the same old Commie Kool-Aid in the hopes of maintaining all their delusions and hallucinations of the other gullible fascist fools who are still comfortably in a vegetative state while being intubated with this GOP Brand of bilious simian Zionist gibberish.

Last edited by dchristie : 08-19-2007 at 12:59 AM.

Old 08-19-2007, 01:34 AM
Diamond Member

Well, this is a forum, not a blog, and I don't use my sig file as a weapon to bludgeon all conservatives, yes? That would be dishonest.

My point is that anybody could take an article off, say, freerepublic.com or littlegreenfootballs about a figure prominent to the left, troll through the comments and find some horrible thing that some lunatic bothered to say. That's already stupid and terrible and it's obvious. What's not obvious is that taking the worst examples of any comments on any website, and using them to indict an entire half of the country, politically, is dishonest.

I'm already iffy on the kind of people that bother to leave comments on blogs anyway, unless they provide obvious technical knowledge to the subject. Usually it's just all lunatics frothing at the mouth.

I suppose in that way there's a kinship with scam.com, eh?

Last edited by ianmatthews : 08-19-2007 at 01:41 AM.

Old 08-19-2007, 01:38 AM
Challenge Authority

Here's A More Accurate Diagnosis Of Snow's Health Condition.

Too bad he wasn't exposed to the following information before hooking up with criminals Like Murdoch, Bush and Cheney.

Now he claims to be bailing out because his meager earnings of $168 Grand per year as a lying stooge for the Bush Crime Gang just doesn't "cut it" anymore. I would venture to guess his recent decision to jump the good ship BushCo is based largely on doctor's orders.

Now, he may even have to go back to being a Fox Noise Wh0re for the big bucks and forego his real calling as a staff Brown-shirt on The Bushie payroll.

Lamentably, Tony will never get some real exposure to the salve of truth, like the millions of impoverished victims without any health care whatsoever he has assisted the GOP to mercilessly fvck over from his position as a highly paid peddler of right-wing lies and GOP Corporate propaganda over the years.

But, you know, there's a price to pay for everything. Now. the bill is coming due for Tony.
__________________________________________________ ________________

THE EFFECT OF CHRONIC LYING ON HEALTH

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4293520.stm

Liars' brains 'are not the same'

A deceitful person's brain is different, the study suggests Habitual liars' brains differ from those of honest people, a study says.

A University of Southern California team studied 49 people and found those known to be pathological liars had up to 26% more white matter than others.

White matter transmits information and grey matter processes it. Having more white matter in the prefrontal cortex may aid lying, the researchers said,

But the British Journal of Psychiatry said there were likely to be more differences in the brains of liars.

Manipulative behaviour

Participants were volunteers drawn from five temporary employment agencies in Los Angeles.

Three separate groups were studied.

The issue is always how much of our behaviour is under voluntary control and how much is innate

Dr Cosmo Hallstrom, Consultant Psychiatrist

The first consisted of 12 men and women with a history of being pathological liars; the second was 21 people who did not have a history of lying or anti-social behaviour.

The third group consisted of 16 people with anti-social personality disorder but no history of pathological lying. They were studied to see if they showed the same brain make-up as liars.

The researchers drew up a list of criteria for lying, cheating and deceiving, including habits such as conning people or behaving manipulatively, and telling lies in order to obtain sickness benefits.

They also assessed how much grey and white matter people had in the prefrontal cortex areas of their brains, using structural magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).

Liars were found to have between 22 and 26% more white matter than either those with no history of lying or those in the anti-social group.

Childhood

The findings could not be explained by differences in age, ethnicity, IQ, head injury or substance misuse.

This is the first study to show a brain difference in people who lie, cheat and manipulate others, the researchers said.

They said the study could help research into areas such as people who feign illness.

The findings are in line with previous studies which showed children with autism are less capable of lying than other children.

Brain neurodevelopmental studies of autism show people with the condition have more grey matter than white matter - the opposite pattern to the liars in this study.

The researchers say the link between white matter and a deceitful personality could be that white matter provides a person with the cognitive capacity to lie.

Writing in the British Journal of Psychiatry, the research team led by Dr Yaling Yang, say: "To our knowledge, this is the first study to show a brain abnormality in people who lie, cheat and manipulate others.

"The results further implicate the prefrontal cortex as an important - but not sole - component in the neural circuitry underlying lying, and provide an initial neurological correlate of a deceitful personality."

They add: "Further studies are required to examine changes in brain anatomy during the critical neurodevelopmental period in childhood, alongside changes in lying ability, to test further our preliminary hypothesis on the link between prefrontal white matter and lying."

Dr Cosmo Hallstrom, a consultant psychiatrist in London, said: "The issue is always how much of our behaviour is under voluntary control and how much is innate.

"The finding of brain abnormalities lends weight to the idea that a strong component of such difficulties may well be beyond voluntary control at least in part."

Last edited by dchristie : 08-19-2007 at 01:41 AM.

Old 08-19-2007, 01:44 AM
Most Valued Gold Member

Hey chocho, you failed to mention that a number of those you posted are not liberals. They are conservatives or moderates that the lefty's there call "Trolls".

If you are trying to make the point that not all of the liberals there are despicable hate mongers, I have acknowledged that for a long time. Now if you want to make a comparison between the right and left, then I suggest you go to the largest conservative blog sites and look up stories like when it was announced about Elizabeth Edwards having cancer, or when that Democratic senator fell ill about 6 months ago. Check out the comments from conservatives, and you will see a huge difference in the amount of class and human compassion shown by the posters from the right, compared to what the commenter's on Kos and Huffington show.

Old 08-19-2007, 01:47 AM
Diamond Member

I think all cancer is horrible, I hope he's okay. For hima nd his family. I always liked him even when I knew he was up there parroting the presidential line of BS. I tend to have a soft spot for the job and the guys that do it.

And I'm a liberal. Case closed, right?

Old 08-19-2007, 01:53 AM
Most Valued Gold Member

You know, I don't expect chocho or anyone else from the left to actually check out how the republicans/conservatives act when health problems strike prominent figures from the left, so I'll do it for you:

These are the first 25 comments unedited From Free Republic. Please note comment #24. It says it all

Elizabeth Edwards Has Breast Cancer

To: Justaham
She desrves prayers!!!! A rough thing to go through.

2 posted on 11/04/2004 11:47:00 AM PST by Mears
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My prayers for her and her family will be said. I'll pray for a swift recovery.

3 posted on 11/04/2004 11:47:14 AM PST by Conspiracy Guy (Ignorance, bigotry, envy, and gluttony are a few floor joists in the democratic platform.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prayers and wishes for health for Mrs. Edwards.

4 posted on 11/04/2004 11:47:57 AM PST by guitarist (commonsense)

invasive ductal cancer
Not good, but not the worst kind either.

5 posted on 11/04/2004 11:48:35 AM PST by palmer ("Oh you heartless gloaters")

To: Conspiracy Guy
God bless her; she and her family have had some severe disappointments and strains.

May the Good Lord renew her health, if it is His Will.

6 posted on 11/04/2004 11:48:45 AM PST by JFK_Lib
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies ]

Has she found a doctor that will take the risk of treating her?

7 posted on 11/04/2004 11:48:59 AM PST by Navy Patriot

To: guitarist
She has my prayers.

8 posted on 11/04/2004 11:49:20 AM PST by DonP
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies ]

Sounds like a lawsuit waiting to be filed.

9 posted on 11/04/2004 11:49:29 AM PST by Brilliant

To: guitarist
Prayers for the entire family. Their children are
so young to face a future without their mother.

10 posted on 11/04/2004 11:49:37 AM PST by Grendel9
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies ]

Good Luck Elizabeth Edwards. Fight hard for the sake of those kids.

and AP writer RON FOURNIER - nice to see you're off the trash-the-President newsbeat but in the immortal words of Dick Cheney- FU

11 posted on 11/04/2004 11:49:45 AM PST by silverleaf (Fasten your seat belts- it's going to be a BUMPY ride.)

Sorry to hear it, but why is it posted in multiplicates?

12 posted on 11/04/2004 11:49:53 AM PST by expatpat

To: palmer
BTW, my tag line is from Black Adder, has nothing to do with this story.

13 posted on 11/04/2004 11:50:05 AM PST by palmer ("Oh you heartless gloaters")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies ]

I think we all will extend our best wishes.

I mean, not doing so, that'd be like telling the parents of a homosexual daughter that they're ashamed of her. Who would do that?

Really though, I also hope for a full recovery.

14 posted on 11/04/2004 11:50:14 AM PST by gline

Sad. Hopefully she will recover completely and use her influence to help others, especially in North Carolina.

15 posted on 11/04/2004 11:52:40 AM PST by bayourod (Specter's litmus test : "No Christian Judges")

Prayers on the way for Elizabeth and her family.

16 posted on 11/04/2004 11:52:48 AM PST by Illinois Rep

Is this a different case of breast cancer than the one mentioned 5 posts down from this on the breaking news sidebar?

17 posted on 11/04/2004 11:53:05 AM PST by xzins (Retired Army and Proudly Supporting BUSH/CHENEY 2004!)

I hope they caught this in time for her full recovery.

18 posted on 11/04/2004 11:54:31 AM PST by A Real Dan Fan... NOT (Ding Dong, The Prick is Dead. Which old prick? The Mid East Prick.....)

I wish her well on a speedy recovery.

19 posted on 11/04/2004 11:56:50 AM PST by Angry Republican (My thanks to America for choosing the right man in 2004.)

To: Grendel9
Her children are the first thing I thought of.

Wonder if the hormones she took to achieve the late pregnancies were in any way a cause?

20 posted on 11/04/2004 11:59:41 AM PST by altura
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 10 | View Replies ]

To: xzins
Is this a different case of breast cancer than the one mentioned 5 posts down from this on the breaking news sidebar?
Those posts were probably swarmed by DU-trolls posting classless comments on our behalf.

21 posted on 11/04/2004 12:00:54 PM PST by anonymous_user (The Surgeon General never said anything about smokin' Liberals.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 17 | View Replies ]

Prayers going up for a fellow human being suffering with a terrible disease. May she fully recover.

22 posted on 11/04/2004 12:01:15 PM PST by EternalHope (Boycott everything French forever. Including their vassal nations.)

To: EternalHope
Best wishes to Mrs. Edwards for a complete and speedy recovery.

23 posted on 11/04/2004 12:02:27 PM PST by KingPin (ping)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 22 | View Replies ]

To: gline
I laughed out loud at your comment and #7.
Thankfully, we freepers have enough class to sincerely wish her the best for a full recovery (which I do), but we wouldn't be human if we didn't have the immediate thoughts we've expressed, such as your comment. I cannot help but to think that any doctor who takes her case knows he had BETTER CURE her or he's looking at going to jail and losing everything he has.

24 posted on 11/04/2004 12:02:38 PM PST by Muzzle_em
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies ]

To: Mears
Politics aside, she is in my thoughts and prayers. <><

25 posted on 11/04/2004 12:04:08 PM PST by Petes Sandy Girl (~*~ W '04 ~*~)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies ]

Old 08-19-2007, 01:55 AM
Diamond Member

EDIT: here it is http://littlegreenfootballs.com/webl...nosis#comments

Although, I know for a fact that lgf (and the freepers after the waves of white supremacists and stormfronters) edits their blog comments, there are some pretty nasty ones there.

If you continue through the comments even on your example, past the point where you stopped, you get this gem:

"Nevertheless, if I were her doc I'd get a liability waiver signed by Breck boy before I lifted a scalpel to save her."

Somehow the idea that Edwards spends exorbitantly more on haircare than any other candidate, has become a popular insult. Pretty lame any which way, really. You guys usually have better material. French, windsurfing, gay, and the like.

Fun stuff. But you know what, this is exactly what you want this debate to be. You want it to be a neverending tit-for-tat of pasting blog comments in some attempt to indict half the country/half the people on here, etc. It's as pointless and sad as any of these blog comments.

Last edited by ianmatthews : 08-19-2007 at 02:03 AM.

Old 08-19-2007, 02:08 AM
Most Valued Gold Member

This is also from Free Republic... Here are the first 30 comments unedited and there isn't one that wishes him dead, or wishes suffering on the man, or any other vile comment. See for yourself:

Senator Tim Johnson (D-SD) suffers possible stroke(Update Spokesman says NO stroke)

1 posted on 12/13/2006 12:46:15 PM PST by leadpenny
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies ]

To: leadpenny
no further

2 posted on 12/13/2006 12:47:06 PM PST by leadpenny

Whoa he is not that old..

3 posted on 12/13/2006 12:48:02 PM PST by Dog (Day 44. of NOT hearing from Zawahiri........where you at Ayman...that missile almost got you ..huh?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies ]

Prayers for a speedy recovery.

4 posted on 12/13/2006 12:48:33 PM PST by TravisBickle (You talkin' to me?)

I hope he recovers - still, while trying not to be ghoulish and tacky, what party is the governor of SD (who would appoint his replacement)?

5 posted on 12/13/2006 12:48:37 PM PST by livius

prayers

6 posted on 12/13/2006 12:48:38 PM PST by firewalk

Prayers for his recovery.

Remember people, lets behave ourselves. He's a fellow human being and a generally unoffensive guy.

7 posted on 12/13/2006 12:49:28 PM PST by NeoCaveman (Where is my Reagan, Don't say it's John McCain. Where have all the conservatives gone? - P.Shanklin)

Very sad.

8 posted on 12/13/2006 12:49:35 PM PST by elhombrelibre (A sober Jimmy Carter says what Mel Gibson would only say in a very drunken rant.)

To: livius
That is ghoulish and tacky, but I had the same thought.
Prayers for his recovery, and that he'll decide to retire from the Senate.

9 posted on 12/13/2006 12:49:54 PM PST by My2Cents (In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. -- George Orwell)

To: BeforeISleep
God bless him. Hope he's okay.

10 posted on 12/13/2006 12:50:13 PM PST by Zack Nguyen
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies ]

Reed brought that up. GOP Gov. Could tip the balance back in the Senate. He apologized for speculating.

11 posted on 12/13/2006 12:50:32 PM PST by leadpenny

To: NeoCaveman
Exactly we aren't those knuckleheads over at DU..

12 posted on 12/13/2006 12:50:45 PM PST by Dog (Day 44. of NOT hearing from Zawahiri........where you at Ayman...that missile almost got you ..huh?)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies ]

The governor of South Dakota is Republican Mike Rounds who I'm sure wishes Senator Johnson a full recovery, along with all of us.

13 posted on 12/13/2006 12:51:03 PM PST by NeoCaveman (Where is my Reagan, Don't say it's John McCain. Where have all the conservatives gone? - P.Shanklin)

Governor Mike Rounds is a Republican. If the senator dies, or has to step down for health reasons, it would give the Senate back to the pachyderms.

14 posted on 12/13/2006 12:51:08 PM PST by NonZeroSum

Gov. Rounds is an (R).

15 posted on 12/13/2006 12:51:08 PM PST by AngryJawa ({NRA}{IDPA} Proud Infidel Since 1968)

Excellent advice.

16 posted on 12/13/2006 12:51:23 PM PST by leadpenny
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies ]

To: My2Cents
To spend more time with his family.

17 posted on 12/13/2006 12:51:40 PM PST by ichabod1 (After the attacks of 9/11, profiling Muslims is more like profiling the Klan.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies ]

I will add my prayers and hopes that he fully recovers. And that he returns home to his family who needs him more than Harry Reid does.

18 posted on 12/13/2006 12:51:56 PM PST by bpjam (Don't Blame Me. I Voted GOP.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies ]

To: Dog
60 on the 28th.

19 posted on 12/13/2006 12:52:33 PM PST by leadpenny
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies ]

(R).....

20 posted on 12/13/2006 12:52:50 PM PST by Red Badger (New! HeadOn Hemorrhoid Medication for Liberals!.........Apply directly to forehead.........)

Republican

21 posted on 12/13/2006 12:53:02 PM PST by Timmy

To: NonZeroSum
It would show a great deal of bipartisanship if he would appoint a democrat and not tip the balance of power as a result of a horrible tragedy.

22 posted on 12/13/2006 12:53:30 PM PST by ichabod1 (After the attacks of 9/11, profiling Muslims is more like profiling the Klan.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies ]

The governor of South Dakota is Republican Mike Rounds who I'm sure wishes Senator Johnson a full recovery, along with all of us.
Bump and prayers.

23 posted on 12/13/2006 12:53:42 PM PST by A message (We who care, Can Not Fail)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 13 | View Replies ]

May God bless him and help him to recover.

24 posted on 12/13/2006 12:53:50 PM PST by TonyInOhio (Ave crux spes unica)

How does SD replace Senators who cannot complete their terms? If by Governor's appointment,does SD have a Republican or RAT Governor?

25 posted on 12/13/2006 12:54:22 PM PST by Gay State Conservative ("The meaning of peace is the absence of opposition to socialism."-Karl Marx)

Old 08-19-2007, 02:14 AM
Most Valued Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmatthews
EDIT: here it is http://littlegreenfootballs.com/webl...nosis#comments

Although, I know for a fact that lgf (and the freepers after the waves of white supremacists and stormfronters) edits their blog comments, there are some pretty nasty ones there.
I can't speak for Free Republic, but I know for a fact that LGF DOES NOT EDIT THEIR COMMENTS! As for Free Republic, if you look at their comments section, it is numbered in such a way, that I don't think you could edit out a comment in the middle without it reflecting a missing number. I don't know this for sure, but it appears that way.

You call it a fact that both these sites "Edit" there comments, so could you please show me the proof that backs up your accusations Ian?

Old 08-19-2007, 02:21 AM
Most Valued Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmatthews
...there are some pretty nasty ones there.
Well, I went to the LGF link of yours Ian, and I looked at the first 20 comments, and I'll be dammed if I can find one of those that say that they hope she dies, or that she suffers, or that this punishes her family or anything like that. So what comments did you find "Pretty nasty"?

#1 Sharmuta 3/22/2007 2:10:14 pm PDT reply quote report

I have to say- I think it's disgusting that he is putting his career over being with his wife in her difficult time.

Prayers for you, Mrs. Edwards, but your husband is a jerk in my opinion.

#2 MacGregor 3/22/2007 2:10:53 pm PDT reply quote report

Hope things go alright for her. He's an idiot.

#3 Rich Byrd 3/22/2007 2:11:24 pm PDT reply quote report

It's sad, but it's guaranteed this will be politicized, when all it really is, is a personal tragedy.

#4 KSK 3/22/2007 2:12:36 pm PDT reply quote report

I withhold my judgement. It may very well be her who wants him to go on.

Not judging Edwards the politician but he seems to have a close knit fine family.

#5 mama winger 3/22/2007 2:12:46 pm PDT reply quote report

The Edwards family has certainly had their share of heartache. I pray for Mrs. Edwards continued strength in the days ahead. I pray for her little ones. I do wish their dad would stay home and help take care of both they and their mother. I can't help it - I am old-fashioned that way. This is a time for family - America has many people she can draw on for political candidates. Family first. Illness is hard enough without grueling campaign schedules.

My two cents.

#6 armaros 3/22/2007 2:13:29 pm PDT reply quote report

Kudos for him and Her in continuing the campaign. I hope she wanted him to continue and not the other way around.

#7 Persistor 3/22/2007 2:14:21 pm PDT reply quote report

The five-year survival rate for Stage 4 breast cancer, the type Mrs. Edwards has, is around 26%.

I cannot say I endorse their decision to stay in the campaign. Not because I disagree with him politically (though I do); but because I know from personal experience how this time may be hard enough on their two young children, even if Mr. Edwards stayed home with them as much as possible.

But that is their decision to make, and I wish them all the best with it.

#8 Dragon Drop 3/22/2007 2:14:30 pm PDT reply quote report

I can only wonder: what would the moonbats say if it were Cheney's wife?

#9 Sharmuta 3/22/2007 2:14:40 pm PDT reply quote report

"I wouldn't have been shocked — although I would have been disappointed in a major way — if he had gotten out of the campaign," Byrd said. "I'm not surprised at all that Elizabeth was more than likely the one saying, 'You will not get out of this campaign.'"
As the wife of a lawyer turned politician I'm sure she's learned her place by now. Sad. She should be his priority, not the White House.

#10 Kitty 3/22/2007 2:14:53 pm PDT reply quote report

As a survivor of breast cancer I pray that there are others to be there for her - there is no higher calling for a spouse than to sit with you through the dark nights.

#11 jehu 3/22/2007 2:15:17 pm PDT reply quote report

Prayers for her, continual disgust for him. I hope he can find a doctor to treat her that he didn't sue out of existence so he could live in the "other," America.

#12 Killgore Trout 3/22/2007 2:15:50 pm PDT reply quote report

#1 Sharmuta
I've been thinking about this; It must be an agonizing decision to make. If he drops out of the race to spend more time with her she's going to feel guilty for being a burden. If he continues to run, the campaign is going to take away from what limited time he may have left with her. There are no good choices on this one.

#13 goforbroke 3/22/2007 2:15:56 pm PDT reply quote report

I wish her all the best! To bad this flairs up when her partner has so much to do. Breck should try some of his channeling for some answers.

#14 jooly 3/22/2007 2:15:58 pm PDT reply quote report

We are very optimistic about this . . .
They are in denial about it. But, who wouldn't be? The prognosis is not very good and I believe he will drop out of the campaign.

#15 Persistor 3/22/2007 2:16:28 pm PDT reply quote report

#1 Sharmuta:

I have to say- I think it's disgusting that he is putting his career over being with his wife in her difficult time.

And I have to say, what you just said is terrible.

Elizabeth Edwards is every bit a dedicated politician as her husband. She frequents the political blogs often. He wouldn't be doing this if she didn't want him to. Heck, I'll bet she insisted on it.

Folks,
let's set a good example here and not stoop to the level of the Left, making political hay out of a deeply personal tragedy. Cancer is non-partisan.

#16 Mike C. 3/22/2007 2:16:29 pm PDT reply quote report

I wish Mrs. Edwards the best of luck in this forthcoming struggle, and I sincerely hope Mr. Edwards keeps her foremost in his mind at all times, and puts his fullest efforts to her support. I'll refrain from any political comments, and it would invoke a bit of class if others would do so as well.

#17 mama winger 3/22/2007 2:16:44 pm PDT reply quote report

#10 Kitty

I am glad things are going well for you - Much good health in the future!

#18 Amy 3/22/2007 2:17:08 pm PDT reply quote report

I don't think Edwards is to blame here. I have a feeling that they discussed it between themselves, and she strongly urged him to stay in the race, at least for now.

#19 Iron Fist 3/22/2007 2:18:14 pm PDT reply quote report

#9 Sharmuta,

Indeed. His duty is to her right now. He should put aside his personal ambition. I don't say this as a partisan. He can't win, anyway.

Even if he could, he ows a closer duty. That he fails it in the name of his ego speaks badly of him.

#20 Mike C. 3/22/2007 2:18:20 pm PDT reply quote report

# 12 K T

Excellent thought.

Old 08-19-2007, 02:30 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim17
Hey chocho, you failed to mention that a number of those you posted are not liberals. They are conservatives or moderates that the lefty's there call "Trolls".

If you are trying to make the point that not all of the liberals there are despicable hate mongers, I have acknowledged that for a long time. Now if you want to make a comparison between the right and left, then I suggest you go to the largest conservative blog sites and look up stories like when it was announced about Elizabeth Edwards having cancer, or when that Democratic senator fell ill about 6 months ago. Check out the comments from conservatives, and you will see a huge difference in the amount of class and human compassion shown by the posters from the right, compared to what the commenter's on Kos and Huffington show.

I'm not trying to make a comparison between "right" and "left". You are. You seem to have some kind of vested interest in fostering hatred and divide, and I do not understand why.

If you bothered to read the posts I grabbed from page 1, you would have seen that there are several of them that SPECIFICALLY state that they don't like Snow, don't support Bush et al, and are Dems.

Yet they do not wish Snow ill.

You just can't stand the thought that there are LIBERALS who are human beings.

I am SICK to death of constantly being generalized by you. You should know better. I believe you do know better.

And DO NOT bring up Elizabeth Edwards. You really do not want to start dredging up references to how many Bushie mouthpieces slammed the Edwards for continuing with their campaign. How many of THEM accused the Edwards of pimping her cancer for votes. Including some of your idols like Hannity, Coulter, and Lushbaugh for starters.

Tony Snow was not one of them. To his credit.

I didn't research any of those comment posters to find out what their political affiliations were. You didn't either. So STFU.

And as rebuttal, you post from a right-wing blog. As though that proves what? That right wingers love right wingers?

You think if Bill Clinton were diagnosed with terminal cancer left wing blog comments would be slamming him? You have proved nothing except displaying more of the polarized ca*p you seem to love so much.

If you want to speak to SPECIFIC liberal opinions expressed by specific people, then by all means do so.

But if you want to continue to post ignorant BS about "the liberal left" then STFU. And expect to be hammered for your stupidity.

What do you possibly think you gain by posting this cr*p? All you do, and continue to do, is to lose what support you have among those of us who try to treat you with some modicum of respect.

And FU with your "class and human compassion". As an avowed Bushie, you openly adore a man who would not know, nor has experienced, either one. So your judgement on those issues is severely called into question.

Words matter. You keep saying that you don't mean to imply that ALL liberals are the same, yet you keep generalizing right along. Often in sequential posts.

Put your money where your mouth is.