report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > MLM Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #487  
Old 02-12-2008, 12:20 PM
esquire101 esquire101 is offline
Newbie Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 18
Re: Ambit- the beginning of the end

Crushingdaddy your an idiot. Your talking out of your ass and have no clue what is really going on. This is a process that all companies have to go through. Did you know that every alternate gas provider in IL was denied and had to reapply their application. Did you know that Crushindaddy? How about the fact that Terry Shavage (one of Chicago’s biggest investigative reporters supports Ambit)....
[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ADMINI%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.jpg[/IMG]

Terry Savage is a nationally recognized financial authority and television personality. Her book, "The Savage Truth On Money", published in 1999, was named one of the "ten best money books of the year" by Amazon.com. It has joined her previous books - "Terry Savage's New Money Strategies For The '90s" and Terry Savage Talks Money" - on the best-seller lists. And "The Savage Truth On Money" has been made into an hour-long television special program now airing on PBS stations across the country. Terry is the Chicago Sun-Times's personal finance columnist. She is also the personal finance columnist for Barron's Online, and is one of three financial experts on Microsoft's MoneyCentral website.
She is speaking in one of our events.
What say you Crushing daddy? Don’t speak or write on a blog before you know all the facts. Your fishing for reasons to put Ambit down when in fact Ambit has big names backing them and guess what people are making money and people are saving money. Now you seem to think " you know all" so do you know more than Terry Savage? You may be having fun calling all your friends that are consultants with Ambit and laughing at them but when Ambit launches and it will launch it will be them laughing at you. When they start making money and your stuck collecting your bi-weekly pay check month after month who do you think will be the one being laughed at? Bottom line is Ambit works, it makes me money and makes a lot of people I know money. It also saves a lot of people money on their bills. This cannot be disputed. It does not matter what you think or what you say my bank account and my utility bills are all the proof I need. So know that you know how the government process works, and you know your own Terry Savage is pro ambit, and you know that I and everybody I know in Ambit makes money, what will you say when it launches in Il? Will you write a blog apologizing to everybody that you jumped the gun and spoke to soon, Will you “god forbid’ even join Ambit and start making some money? WHAT SAY YOU CURSHINGDADDY?


Reply With Quote

  #488  
Old 02-12-2008, 12:38 PM
Crushingdaddy Crushingdaddy is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 132
Re: Ambit- the beginning of the end

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire101 View Post
Crushingdaddy your an idiot. Your talking out of your ass and have no clue what is really going on. This is a process that all companies have to go through. Did you know that every alternate gas provider in IL was denied and had to reapply their application. Did you know that Crushindaddy? How about the fact that Terry Shavage (one of Chicago’s biggest investigative reporters supports Ambit)....

[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/ADMINI%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.jpg[/IMG]






Terry Savage is a nationally recognized financial authority and television personality. Her book, "The Savage Truth On Money", published in 1999, was named one of the "ten best money books of the year" by Amazon.com. It has joined her previous books - "Terry Savage's New Money Strategies For The '90s" and Terry Savage Talks Money" - on the best-seller lists. And "The Savage Truth On Money" has been made into an hour-long television special program now airing on PBS stations across the country. Terry is the Chicago Sun-Times's personal finance columnist. She is also the personal finance columnist for Barron's Online, and is one of three financial experts on Microsoft's MoneyCentral website.



She is speaking in one of our events.

What say you Crushing daddy? Don’t speak or write on a blog before you know all the facts. Your fishing for reasons to put Ambit down when in fact Ambit has big names backing them and guess what people are think " you know all" so do you know more than Terry Savage? You may be having fun calling all your friends that are consultants with Ambit and laughing at them but when Ambit launches and it will launch it will be them laughing at you. When they start making money and your stuck collecting your bi-weekly pay check month after month who do you think will be the one being laughed at? Bottom line is Ambit works, it makes me money and makes a lot of people I know money. It also saves a lot of people money on their bills. This cannot be disputed. It does not matter what you think or what you say my bank account and my utility bills are all the proof I need. So know that you know how the government process works, and you know your own Terry Savage is pro ambit, and you know that I and everybody I know in Ambit makes money, what will you say when it launches in Il? Will you write a blog apologizing to everybody that you jumped the gun and spoke to soon, Will you “god forbid’ even join Ambit and start making some money? WHAT SAY YOU CURSHINGDADDY?
Sure, I'll be happy to apologize at that point. I have been saying since the beginning that I am looking for a reason to apologize to my wife's friends for telling them off. I have found nothing but a constant helping of lies, smoke, and mirrors. However, I want you to say right here, right now, that you will make a written apology to all the families that were duped into posting up their hard earned money only to be left in the cold by a money hungry Ambit Energy when they aren't able to get approval in IL. Why haven't they made a public statement yet? Have they issued a timeline for re-application? Have you heard anything from them? Are their bags packed? You haven't heard from me in four months, because I was giving them the benefit of the doubt. They failed in typical fashion. Early February my rear.


Reply With Quote

  #489  
Old 02-12-2008, 12:49 PM
Crushingdaddy Crushingdaddy is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 132
Re: Ambit- the beginning of the end

Esquire 101,

Does Terry Savage know you are using her name, and calling her pro-Ambit? I can't find anything, anywhere that says this. I find it hard to believe that such a published author would say she is endorsing any company with the volatility that Ambit is under. She might be speaking at your event, that doesn't mean she is endorsing your product. You might want to be careful what you say about a woman of this reputation. She'll be all over you like the ICC on Ambit.

Reply With Quote

  #490  
Old 02-12-2008, 01:26 PM
esquire101 esquire101 is offline
Newbie Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 18
Re: Ambit- the beginning of the end

Ambit has written a memo on Il:

here it is.


The Ambit Energy Illinois Pre-Launch Continues!

Please click here to view the Illinois Pre-Launch Timeline.
If you are an Illinois Pre-Launch Consultant, it is not time to pay the balance of your $399 fee yet! As the Illinois Pre-Launch Timeline indicates, your full payment is not due until the 72-hour payment period (indicated as "Day 2 through Day 4" of the timeline). This period will commence after the Pre-Launch period ends.

The Illinois Pre-Launch will continue until Ambit Energy receives its certification as an Alternative Gas Supplier (AGS). Please note, Ambit Energy's certification in Illinois has not been denied, but rather the company has voluntarily withdrawn its application in order to amend its original filing and to address the comments outlined by the Judge with her proposed order. It is not uncommon for a company's first application to require additional information and Ambit Energy intends to re-file its Amended Application within the next two weeks.

Jere and Chris are both confident that Ambit Energy will satisfy the Illinois Commerce Commission's (ICC) concerns and will receive approval of our new application. In the meantime, the best thing you can do to help the company is to focus on building your Pre-Launch team by signing up prospects at the $39.99 fee.

Please do not call the ICC about Ambit Energy's status and please do not call Consultant Support about our Illinois Launch date or the timeline. Your Consultant Support Team only has the same information as you have available in Power Zone. Ambit Energy will provide you with an updated timeline for live launch as soon as it is available.

As for Terry Savage she is speaking at one of our events about Ambit. Enough said. I asked you to apologize when Ambit launches and I will do the same. It will be you doing the apologizing. So far Ambit is 12 days late for launching and it’s expected to be pushed back to the beginning to mid march. Again the bottom line is you keep saying Ambit is a scam but you really don’t have any facts to back that up. When NYC was in pre-launch there were people like you saying the same thing and now they are nowhere to be found. I know from experience as Ambit opens new markets there will always be a "crushingdaddy" around but as those new markets open those "crushingdaddy" people seem to disappear. Don’t let somebody like him dash your hopes and dreams of something better. He must not work in a corporate world where deadlines must be adjusted. I’m a corporate attorney and deadlines are only met half the time. Ambit continues to spend a lot of money on seminars in IL and do you think for one second they would do so if there was a chance we would not open the IL market? As for the $399 dollars to become a rep... you don’t understand that money is giving back to consultants, corporate does not keep that money; it Is not a part of their profit structure. Ambit profits from the sale of natural gas and electricity. ( not to mention the fact during pre-launch consultants only have to pay a $39 REFUNDABLE FEE). After all is said and done I look forward to your written apology on this blog when Ambit does launch and It would be a pleasure to educate you further on Ambit and if you would like to have you join my team; because in the end you will understand there is no scam here but a fantastic way to make money and help others save money.


Reply With Quote

  #491  
Old 02-12-2008, 01:39 PM
newguy1234 newguy1234 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 55
Re: Ambit- the beginning of the end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushingdaddy View Post
Esquire 101,

Does Terry Savage know you are using her name, and calling her pro-Ambit? I can't find anything, anywhere that says this. I find it hard to believe that such a published author would say she is endorsing any company with the volatility that Ambit is under. She might be speaking at your event, that doesn't mean she is endorsing your product. You might want to be careful what you say about a woman of this reputation. She'll be all over you like the ICC on Ambit.
Wow guy, you are nuts. Bottom Line.

I noticed in a previous post you made that Ambit, in your little little mind, dropped the sign up fee. This is in fact not true.

The company did not formally announce any pre-launch until DEC 1st. Ambit has been collecting DEPOSITS from day one. Few knew of the opportunity prior to Dec 1st.

Since you said the company had to reduce the sign up fee, I would have to assume you signed up prior to DEC 1st. IF you or your wife. (whatever) did so, you were just like anyone who is out of state looking to use your contacts in TX or NY to build your business. Or maybe not. Bottom line is the company never reduced any sign up fee. If people want to sign up for the full amount they can, but the company promotes a deposit situation during pre-launch and still is until launch.

It is obvious you ARE ignorant about Network Marketing.

You have NO IDEA the kind of company you are are dealing with here buddy.

Give it a rest and go back to pushing your pencil, you are wasting your "precious" time and doing all your "friends" a disservice.

I cannot change someone like you. Convince a man out of his own opinion and at the end of the day, what does he have? His own opinion.

So trust me when I tell you YOU are not of my concern. I wish you to lose, which is noble on my part. You see, losing is a learning experience and opens minds.

Your banter is nothing more than what would be heard at highschool cheerleader gossip session.

As far a Terry Savage Goes, she is speaking at an Ambit Energy event we have in Texas mid March. Just leave it at that Dumbo. Her business is her business.

The only volatility that I have ever seen Ambit under is, THIS THREAD started by, I think you! Oh yeah and one more thread about licencing.

Not a big deal. Its all just a good ol' internet conversation.

I would not call that a volitle company. There are many other reputable company's under the same category on scam.com as well. Its just a fact of life. People will do what people will do, and so will you...

Reply With Quote

  #492  
Old 02-12-2008, 02:27 PM
Crushingdaddy Crushingdaddy is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 132
Re: Ambit- the beginning of the end

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy1234 View Post
Wow guy, you are nuts. Bottom Line.

I noticed in a previous post you made that Ambit, in your little little mind, dropped the sign up fee. This is in fact not true.

The company did not formally announce any pre-launch until DEC 1st. Ambit has been collecting DEPOSITS from day one. Few knew of the opportunity prior to Dec 1st.

Since you said the company had to reduce the sign up fee, I would have to assume you signed up prior to DEC 1st. IF you or your wife. (whatever) did so, you were just like anyone who is out of state looking to use your contacts in TX or NY to build your business. Or maybe not. Bottom line is the company never reduced any sign up fee. If people want to sign up for the full amount they can, but the company promotes a deposit situation during pre-launch and still is until launch.

It is obvious you ARE ignorant about Network Marketing.

You have NO IDEA the kind of company you are are dealing with here buddy.

Give it a rest and go back to pushing your pencil, you are wasting your "precious" time and doing all your "friends" a disservice.

I cannot change someone like you. Convince a man out of his own opinion and at the end of the day, what does he have? His own opinion.

So trust me when I tell you YOU are not of my concern. I wish you to lose, which is noble on my part. You see, losing is a learning experience and opens minds.

Your banter is nothing more than what would be heard at highschool cheerleader gossip session.

As far a Terry Savage Goes, she is speaking at an Ambit Energy event we have in Texas mid March. Just leave it at that Dumbo. Her business is her business.

The only volatility that I have ever seen Ambit under is, THIS THREAD started by, I think you! Oh yeah and one more thread about licencing.

Not a big deal. Its all just a good ol' internet conversation.

I would not call that a volitle company. There are many other reputable company's under the same category on scam.com as well. Its just a fact of life. People will do what people will do, and so will you...
Ambit was brought to my wife in October of 07, and it was pushed as a money making opportunity for customers in ILLINOIS, not TX or NY. My payment was made in late October in excess of $399.00 and was refunded in November, due to my claims THEY WERE NOT CERTIFIED TO DO BUSINESS IN ILLINOIS YET!!

It is through my ignorance, that I believe in order to have a Network Marketing Structure, you need a product to sell. Otherwise you are considered an illegal pyramid scheme. With the ICC FIRST DECLINING the application, and then Ambit pulling the application from consideration, that would make any Ambit recruiting in IL an illegal act. Of course you can call me ignorant, but you would also have to call the Attorney General of Illinois ignorant as well.

You are right, Terry Savage is her own person. According to Esquire 101, she is a "pro-Ambit" person, which I highly doubt. I'm sure she will make the right decision and scratch her plans to associate with Ambit in the future.

What good does a deposit do? Where is that money going? Who is benefitting from it? Please, change my little mind.

Reply With Quote

  #493  
Old 02-12-2008, 03:14 PM
esquire101 esquire101 is offline
Newbie Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 18
Re: Ambit- the beginning of the end

Once again your posts are based off of pure ignorance. Yes Network Marketing does have to have a product to sell. Ambit has a product to sell that is natural gas and electricity. Il is part of the USA correct? Therefore I can own a business in Il and do business in other states correct? So recruiting in Il is not illegal. Therefore your comment about the attorney general makes you sound like a 5th grader. In terms of the deposit… its just that a deposit. It allows that person to build his or her team during pre-launch and make the decision when the company launches in Il to continue with Ambit or not. It’s like being able to test drive the company. So now your giving advice to Terry Savage? Who are you to give advice? Especially when your comments on this thread are based off of pure ignorance about MLM. Some of the richest most respected people in the world are pro MIM for example Warren Buffet or Donald Trump. I do not expect to change your mind you are happy doing whatever it is you do. It just drives me crazy when people like you write threads, post them for all to see, yet understand zero about what you are writing about. You and your wife are going to miss out on a lot of money I promise you that. The marketing structure is based off of a “little company” called excel. This “little company” only became the fastest growing company to a billion dollars in US history before Google beat them out. This little company was nationwide. Um no attorney generals ever accused them of doing an illegal pyramid scheme. Crushingdaddy you’re a dime a dozen and every market will have one or two of you. The more you write the more you “should” feel stupid when Ambit launches.

Reply With Quote

  #494  
Old 02-12-2008, 03:23 PM
ohein56's Avatar
ohein56 ohein56 is offline
The fly in your Anti-MLM ointment...
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Northern, California
Posts: 13,220
Re: Ambit- the beginning of the end

esquire said;
Quote:
The marketing structure is based off of a “little company” called excel. This “little company” only became the fastest growing company to a billion dollars in US history before Google beat them out.
You do mean Excel, the company that went BK a year or so ago?

I saw that one coming in 95 when I first saw Excel?

Then, when I first saw Excel, I saw lots & lots of people excited about training bonuses first, cause there was "no inventory, it's just long distance!". Big whoop.

Excel is the wrong company to use as an example. JMHO

Good luck with the logistics. You'll need it!

Kerry
__________________
If everyone is thinking alike, then no one is thinking.
― Benjamin Franklin
Armed neutrality makes it much easier to detect hypocrisy.
― Criss Jami
BEWARE:Joecool44, aka 'joecool', anti-MLM fanatic, Trolls here anonymously!!
Click Here!
Joecools ugliest LIE!...~"I'm not hiding my identity."
Some common sense Re:MLM/DS can be found, here...!! Click Here

Reply With Quote

  #495  
Old 02-12-2008, 03:27 PM
Crushingdaddy Crushingdaddy is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 132
Re: Ambit- the beginning of the end

I would rather give Terry Savage advise than put words in her mouth as you have. I will ask you again: Is Terry Savage aware that you are saying she is Pro-Ambit?

Also, isn't Excel Communications bankrupt?

Haven't you read previous posts from Ambit reps that suggest not to sign up unless you are living in the state where Ambit is operating? Isn't the premiss for a successful MLM campaign based on soliciting to family and friends close to home?

Sorry that I keep asking the same questions, as I have the brain of a fifth grader. Oh, and I'm ignorant, and I'm poor, and I apparently am not married, and I have no life. Anything else? I am simply finding this out for the people in IL that are stuck without their initial investment, and have pushed this on their family and friends, and now they are afraid Ambit will never get approved. What would you say to those people. So far all I can see it you are telling them to wait. And you are telling them not to call the ICC or anyone at Ambit. I know that would make me feel comfortable when it was my $400.00.

Reply With Quote

  #496  
Old 02-12-2008, 03:48 PM
esquire101 esquire101 is offline
Newbie Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 18
Re: Ambit- the beginning of the end

Yes I mean Excel, that created 2000 millionaires and 1000's upon 1000's of 6 figure earners. I can call long distance for free now with my cell phone so that industry is not inclusive to be profitable. Do you see energy losing profitability anytime in the near or distance future. Is there something other than natural gas or electricity we are able to use to power or heat our homes. As for signing up as a consultant in a state that does not have the service yet. Crushingdaddy you were talking about a legal issue here and I rebutted your comment sighting there is nothing illegal about it. As for you being married, or poor, or whatever… I could care less what does that have anything to do with your ignorant threads. You could be all those things and still write intelligent threads. You can dispute excel for what is was. It was the fastest company to a billion dollars EVER until Google. I believe ambit is on track to beat google.
That’s only my opinion and only time will tell

Reply With Quote

  #497  
Old 02-12-2008, 04:03 PM
newguy1234 newguy1234 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 55
Re: Ambit- the beginning of the end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushingdaddy View Post
I would rather give Terry Savage advise than put words in her mouth as you have. I will ask you again: Is Terry Savage aware that you are saying she is Pro-Ambit?

Also, isn't Excel Communications bankrupt?

Haven't you read previous posts from Ambit reps that suggest not to sign up unless you are living in the state where Ambit is operating? Isn't the premiss for a successful MLM campaign based on soliciting to family and friends close to home?

Sorry that I keep asking the same questions, as I have the brain of a fifth grader. Oh, and I'm ignorant, and I'm poor, and I apparently am not married, and I have no life. Anything else? I am simply finding this out for the people in IL that are stuck without their initial investment, and have pushed this on their family and friends, and now they are afraid Ambit will never get approved. What would you say to those people. So far all I can see it you are telling them to wait. And you are telling them not to call the ICC or anyone at Ambit. I know that would make me feel comfortable when it was my $400.00.
Excel Communications

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


Jump to: navigation, search
Excel Communications was founded in 1988 by Dallas entrepreneur Kenny Troutt as a long distance reseller in the US telecom sector at the birth of telecom deregulation.
In the beginning, as the 432nd-largest long distance company in the United States, it began selling franchises through the business model of network marketing or multi-level marketing (MLM). In seven years, it became the fourth-largest long distance carrier in America and the youngest billion-dollar-annual company in history (8 years as compared to the second fastest growing, Microsoft, which took 15 years).
On May 10, 1996, Excel became the youngest company ever to join the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) trading under the symbol (ECI). The ceremonial honor of ringing the opening bell was afforded to, Kenny Troutt, as the company he founded began it's first day of public trading, with an offering of 11.5 million shares of common stock. Excel acquired Telco Communications Group, in June 1997, which was one of the nation's 10 largest long-distance phone companies with its own nationwide fiber-optic network. Before the purchase, Excel had to resell long distance service through other companies networks, such as Frontier. In November 1998, Excel merged with Teleglobe.
Kenny Troutt retired as CEO, to be replaced by Christina Gold, on September 20th, 1999.
By 2002, Excel had entered the local phone service market more aggressively than smaller competitors such as MCI's Neighborhood. However, the gross margins associated with long-distance telephone service dropped precipitously during the period from 1998 through 2003 due to the entry of numerous competitors and additional line capacity into this sector. As such, the profitability of Excel and almost every other telecommunications firm dependent upon long-distance calling customer dropped precipitously.
At some point Excel/Teleglobe was taken over by Teleglobe's major share holder, Bell Canada. Bell Canada then demoted Excel separately to a subsidiary and eventually spun it off to a private company, VarTec Communications, which required FTC approval to return to the private sector. After approval, VarTec continued the network marketing business model for sometime thereafter.
On November 1, 2004, VarTec Communications (the parent corporation of Excel) unexpectedly filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in the North Texas judicial sector. In this connection, Excel had sought to be released from its contracts with its independent representatives. This move made it likely that Excel, if it survived, would cease to be a multi-level marketing company.
In September 2005 the FCC approved the transfer of licenses to Comtel Assets, LLP and on June 12, 2006 the company emerged from bankruptcy under its new ownership, announcing a return to its former name (although with a slight change), Excel Telecom.

[edit] Sources
  • The Excel Phenomenon by James Robinson, Bantam Doubleday. Inc,
  • 500 Companies That Matter, April 1997
  • The Wall Street Journal, Companies That Make Your Life Easier, September 2002
  • MLM Watchdog Report
  • XL Stuff Forum Archive
[edit] External links

Reply With Quote

  #498  
Old 02-12-2008, 04:10 PM
newguy1234 newguy1234 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 55
Re: Ambit- the beginning of the end

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy1234 View Post
Excel Communications

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


Jump to: navigation, search
Excel Communications was founded in 1988 by Dallas entrepreneur Kenny Troutt as a long distance reseller in the US telecom sector at the birth of telecom deregulation.
In the beginning, as the 432nd-largest long distance company in the United States, it began selling franchises through the business model of network marketing or multi-level marketing (MLM). In seven years, it became the fourth-largest long distance carrier in America and the youngest billion-dollar-annual company in history (8 years as compared to the second fastest growing, Microsoft, which took 15 years).
On May 10, 1996, Excel became the youngest company ever to join the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) trading under the symbol (ECI). The ceremonial honor of ringing the opening bell was afforded to, Kenny Troutt, as the company he founded began it's first day of public trading, with an offering of 11.5 million shares of common stock. Excel acquired Telco Communications Group, in June 1997, which was one of the nation's 10 largest long-distance phone companies with its own nationwide fiber-optic network. Before the purchase, Excel had to resell long distance service through other companies networks, such as Frontier. In November 1998, Excel merged with Teleglobe.
Kenny Troutt retired as CEO, to be replaced by Christina Gold, on September 20th, 1999.
By 2002, Excel had entered the local phone service market more aggressively than smaller competitors such as MCI's Neighborhood. However, the gross margins associated with long-distance telephone service dropped precipitously during the period from 1998 through 2003 due to the entry of numerous competitors and additional line capacity into this sector. As such, the profitability of Excel and almost every other telecommunications firm dependent upon long-distance calling customer dropped precipitously.
At some point Excel/Teleglobe was taken over by Teleglobe's major share holder, Bell Canada. Bell Canada then demoted Excel separately to a subsidiary and eventually spun it off to a private company, VarTec Communications, which required FTC approval to return to the private sector. After approval, VarTec continued the network marketing business model for sometime thereafter.
On November 1, 2004, VarTec Communications (the parent corporation of Excel) unexpectedly filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in the North Texas judicial sector. In this connection, Excel had sought to be released from its contracts with its independent representatives. This move made it likely that Excel, if it survived, would cease to be a multi-level marketing company.
In September 2005 the FCC approved the transfer of licenses to Comtel Assets, LLP and on June 12, 2006 the company emerged from bankruptcy under its new ownership, announcing a return to its former name (although with a slight change), Excel Telecom.

[edit] Sources
  • The Excel Phenomenon by James Robinson, Bantam Doubleday. Inc,
  • 500 Companies That Matter, April 1997
  • The Wall Street Journal, Companies That Make Your Life Easier, September 2002
  • MLM Watchdog Report
  • XL Stuff Forum Archive
[edit] External links

CRUSHINGDADDY, NO-ONE COULD HAVE CHANGED THE OUTCOME OF EXCEL. TIMES CHANGE!

MY ANCESTORS RODE AROUND IN HORSE AND CARRIAGE. WE NOW DRIVE AUTOMOBILES...

WANNA BUY A BUGGY?

Reply With Quote

  #499  
Old 02-12-2008, 04:14 PM
Crushingdaddy Crushingdaddy is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 132
Re: Ambit- the beginning of the end

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire101 View Post
Crushingdaddy you were talking about a legal issue here and I rebutted your comment sighting there is nothing illegal about it. As for you being married, or poor, or whatever… I could care less what does that have anything to do with your ignorant threads. You could be all those things and still write intelligent threads. You can dispute excel for what is was. It was the fastest company to a billion dollars EVER until Google. I believe ambit is on track to beat google.
That’s only my opinion and only time will tell
First off: You need your head examined if you think Ambit will beat Google. What little credibility you had is now gone.

Wouldn't you agree that if these people signed up in Illinois with the impression that they would be selling energy to customers in Illinois, that they should expect their sponsoring company to follow through with the proper paperwork and certifications?
(You will most likely say, "Yes, they are going to get that certification")

Then, if they are unable to get those certifications, wouldn't that then be considered an illegal pyramid scheme at that point, because they should have a case based on the massive defrauding of Illinois citizens?

It's this simple: Were they told they would have a product to sell? Answer: Yes. Did the company provide that product? Answer: So far, no. Was the customer or recruit asked for money, no matter the figure? Answer: Yes. Were the members of the company given spiffs or commissions for the signing up of new members even when the product was not available? Answer: Yes.

Where is that money going? Who physically is holding that money? I know when I paid, I had to go through Ambit Corporate to get my money back. Am I to assume that Ambit Energy is holding onto these "Deposits." Am I then to assume that those "deposits" are sitting in an account waiting for redistribution? Or are those "Deposits" being used to incent the "up-line"?

Reply With Quote

  #500  
Old 02-12-2008, 04:18 PM
ambitnotascam ambitnotascam is offline
Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 84
Re: Ambit- the beginning of the end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushingdaddy View Post
I would rather give Terry Savage advise than put words in her mouth as you have. I will ask you again: Is Terry Savage aware that you are saying she is Pro-Ambit?

Also, isn't Excel Communications bankrupt?

Haven't you read previous posts from Ambit reps that suggest not to sign up unless you are living in the state where Ambit is operating? Isn't the premiss for a successful MLM campaign based on soliciting to family and friends close to home?

Sorry that I keep asking the same questions, as I have the brain of a fifth grader. Oh, and I'm ignorant, and I'm poor, and I apparently am not married, and I have no life. Anything else? I am simply finding this out for the people in IL that are stuck without their initial investment, and have pushed this on their family and friends, and now they are afraid Ambit will never get approved. What would you say to those people. So far all I can see it you are telling them to wait. And you are telling them not to call the ICC or anyone at Ambit. I know that would make me feel comfortable when it was my $400.00.
Terry Savage usually knows what she is going to promote before she sets a date to speak to a company, I promise. Knowing how big of a deal you make about the small $400 sign up fee, I have to assume you can't afford it. You make it seem like Ambit takes all this crazy money from people, when they make it very simple for anyone to make it back and it is only $400 and a small monthly fee.
It is like asking someone in the mortgage industry to get a mortgage license before working, there still is a fee. Is that a scam? How about real estate, insurance, and securities? Do they rip people off by asking them to get the proper tooling to explain their products? That is basically what you pay for with Ambit, the tooling to explain what is going on. Most people just use the company's website, which I promise doesn't do or say anything they shouldn't be saying, to explain the opportunity or they send people to meetings where leaders explain it for them.
You act like this is ruining people's lives and they are running to the hills asking for their money back, do you know anybody who has done that outside of yourself? I haven't had anyone in my business rush to get their money back or call me and complain this is a bad business and they want their money back. I know of many more people who have gotten into this business and are so enthralled they thank their sponsor for showing them a business with such a strong opportunity. Crushingdaddy, I know exactly what kind of person you are, and I guarantee your $30-40k per year job isn't going to make you happy for the long term. Don't get upset that some guy who doesn't know you, that's on the internet, is just calling out the class you are in. What happens when you don't go to work? You don't get paid. Ambit pays for what you start forever, so it is something you can keep building on. Not to mention, something you should be involved with, maybe it will help your financial career. But negative people and lazy people are the only two types of people that can't make it in this business. So stop being so negative.

Reply With Quote

  #501  
Old 02-12-2008, 04:22 PM
Crushingdaddy Crushingdaddy is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 132
Re: Ambit- the beginning of the end

Quote:
Originally Posted by newguy1234 View Post
CRUSHINGDADDY, NO-ONE COULD HAVE CHANGED THE OUTCOME OF EXCEL. TIMES CHANGE!

MY ANCESTORS RODE AROUND IN HORSE AND CARRIAGE. WE NOW DRIVE AUTOMOBILES...

WANNA BUY A BUGGY?
I'm assuming Excel had a license to sell their product. I don't think Excel would have gone into countries without a product to sell. Let me ask you this Newguy: What will happen if they can't get approval from the ICC? This is a real possibility. Don't just say, "Oh they will, you watch, and you'll be a loser." That's not the point. In the hypathetical situation that they can't get approved, what happens?

Reply With Quote

  #502  
Old 02-12-2008, 04:33 PM
Crushingdaddy Crushingdaddy is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 132
Re: Ambit- the beginning of the end

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4integrity View Post
I am a Senior Consultant with Ambit. Most of the base of Ambit has been built on customers that have been bought through other consultants. This means that the turnover rate for customers will be high because the "bought" customers will not be as loyal as a typical MLM customer. A typical MLM customer is loyal because the customer is either the consultant or an aquaintance of the consultant.

We have greedy reps going outside of the energy states recruiting people when, in truth, these prospects, at some point, will eventually fail because their need for customers will exceed their warm market team growth.

Some reps tell the out of state people to build within the energy states. This defeats the entire purpose of network marketing. Network Marketing is called network marketing because it is based on the fundamental practice of sharing the business with warm market. Cold calling into energy states with total strangers is just a rediculous activity to request of innocent people coming into the business unless the new propsect is incredibly skilled.

It's a very sad scenario for many people outside of the energy states and we are going to see many people have their dreams shattered.

Ambit also has a full base of mostly unloyal customers due to the method of which they were obtained. I have made a lot of money with Ambit in a very short people, but I just can't do it at the expense of others. I could just focus within the energy states, but then I would be leaving 100s of others out of state to fail.

I'm resigning from Ambit this week, and will find an alternative for my team members. I also believe that Ignite will have these same limitations, and believe that the energy MLMs should not allow people to join them outside of the states unless they have had a full disclosure (proven) of the challenges they will face due to their residence.

I have 827 people under me and leaving is hard to do but I'm looking for a simple MLM that can provide their product/service in all of the states.

I also believe that if Ambit does not succeed in IL, then Ambit will collapse. Ambit communication of this IL difficulty has shamefully been very limited and vague to the IL consultants and I have the consultants calling me in a panick every day.

I would stay with Ambit and have tried to find a way to justify staying, but the reality of the situation is just to clear. Many people are staying with Ambit because they don't want to see the facts. I did the same thing. I made so much money in a short period of time and thought this was the greatest company I have ever seen. It is a good company with a skilled management team but it is headed for disaster.

If you are "out of state", please do not join unless you are planning on moving within the energy state.
  • All of you are forgetting what the above person has said. Things are not good. For those of you out there that say $400 is not a lot of money: I know of at least 5 people that have been signed up in IL that are single mothers, and invested the $400 under the impression they would be selling energy to their friends in IL. $400 is one month's rent to these people. Are you going to refund their money? Are you going to refund the money of the friends and family that they recruited so they don't feel like they have personally betrayed their "Network"? This isn't about you or me, it's about them. For you to say that people aren't scrambling to get their money back, they are wondering what to do. They have nobody telling them what to do. They are completely stuck. They are being told to not call the ICC, don't call Ambit, sit tight while we continue to "take deposits" and put them in the mystery fund. I will ask again: WHAT DO YOU TELL THOSE PEOPLE WHEN AMBIT IS UNABLE TO GET APPROVED? What will Ambit do to rectify that situation?

Reply With Quote

  #503  
Old 02-12-2008, 04:37 PM
newguy1234 newguy1234 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 55
Re: Ambit- the beginning of the end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushingdaddy View Post
I'm assuming Excel had a license to sell their product. I don't think Excel would have gone into countries without a product to sell. Let me ask you this Newguy: What will happen if they can't get approval from the ICC? This is a real possibility. Don't just say, "Oh they will, you watch, and you'll be a loser." That's not the point. In the hypathetical situation that they can't get approved, what happens?

I know for a fact EXCEL went through the same problems. If you have not noticed we do not live in a perfect world dude. Name me ONE company that has had ZERO problems. Just one. You can't. Don't be so naive.

I know people who had a BIG part in EXCEL. The same stuff happened buddy. It's called "new" business.

Some people just dont get it. You are one of those people. This is BIG BIZ my friend. Your a small time/small biz guy.

Get over yourself.

Oh and by the way the "deposit" is a "deposit" do you know the definition of a "deposit"?

No commissions are paid to anyone coming in as a deposit.

I post this only for the reason of educating others...

1.
All Illinois Pre-Launch Consultants will be provided, at no charge, their own personal
Illinois Pre-Launch website that they may use to enroll other Illinois Pre-Launch
Consultants.

2
. Web addresses for the Illinois Pre-Launch site will be reserved by Pre-Launch
Consultants during their completion of the pre-launch enrollment form. Web handles will
be provided at
www.ambitenergyil.com/webhandle or www.ambitworks.com/webhandle.

3
. All Illinois Pre-Launch Consultants will be provided with a free, limited version of Power
Zone that will allow them to track their own personal Illinois Pre-Launch Team and activity.

4
. Pre-launch registration is open to all U.S. residents outside of Texas and New York.

5
. Illinois Pre-launch Consultants who pre-register under an existing Consultant will not
count toward the existing Consultant’s promotion requirements.

6
. No commissions or bonuses will be paid to Illinois Pre-Launch Consultants during the
Pre-Launch registration period.

7
. All Illinois Pre-Launch Consultants, who at live launch decide to complete an Ambit IC
Application & Agreement and pay the one-time $399.00 fee, less the $39.00 deposit, for the
optional Support and Service Program, will be registered to their personal sponsor as of the
date their payment is made, not the date they completed the Pre-launch Enrollment Form.

8
. Any promotions awarded to Illinois Pre-Launch Consultants based upon the size and
growth of their Illinois Pre-Launch Team will be determined by the number of those
Pre-Launch Consultants who, at the end of the pre-launch registration period, opt to
purchase the Optional Support and Service Program during the designated 72-hour
decision period.

9
. Only Illinois Pre-Launch Consultants who purchase the optional Support and Service
Program during the “decision period” will be eligible for promotion.

10
. Before any new promotions are awarded to an Illinois Pre-Launch Consultant who has
sponsored an Illinois Pre-Launch Team, all Illinois Pre-Launch Consultants who have opted
not to join the company as a Marketing Consultant by purchasing the optional Support
and Service Program by the deadline will be cancelled and their position will be removed from
your Illinois Pre-launch downline. All remaining, paid Pre-Launch Consultants will be compressed
up in the pre-launch downline structure to fill any vacant positions created by
Pre-Launch Consultants who chose not to pay the enrollment fee. After this compression,
promotions will be awarded based upon the time stamp and order in which these Illinois
Pre-Launch Consultants entered the downline.

11.
No TeamBuilder or Consultant Leadership Bonuses will be paid to Illinois Pre-Launch
Consultants on Illinois Pre-Launch Consultants who are cancelled and removed from the
Pre-Launch downline as a result of non-payment.

12
. All Illinois Pre-Launch Consultants who purchase the optional Support and Service Program
during the “decision period” will be assigned a “start date” of the official launch date, and will
have 4 weeks from that date to enroll the required number of customers to trigger JumpStart 1,
TeamBuilder and Consultant Leadership Bonuses.

13.
TeamBuilder and Consultant Leadership Bonuses will be paid to Illinois Pre-Launch
Consultants on all Illinois Pre-Launch Consultants who purchase the optional Support and Service
Program during the “decision period” and gather the required number of customers within
4 weeks of the launch date.

14.
All Illinois Pre-Launch Consultants who join Ambit Energy during the “decision period” and
earn a leadership promotion after downline compression will have a grace period to reach their
personal customer gathering requirements. Grace periods are as follows:
a. Regional Consultants (RC) will have four weeks.
b. Senior Consultants (SC) will have eight weeks.
c. Executive Consultants (EC) will have eight weeks.
d. National Consultants (NC) will have eight weeks.

15.
If, after their initial grace period expires, promoted Consultants have not met their personal
customer gathering requirements they will not earn future commissions or bonuses until those

requirements are met, but will retain the position to which they were promoted.

Reply With Quote

  #504  
Old 02-12-2008, 04:43 PM
Crushingdaddy Crushingdaddy is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 132
Re: Ambit- the beginning of the end

So the company is getting the money. That's incredibly scary. And I'm the naive one.


Reply With Quote

Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
THE truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth about the US Govt and Obama billybill Political Chat 7 09-12-2012 10:58 PM
Ambit - Scam? bsc8987 MLM Scams 3 02-05-2012 12:52 PM
Ambit - scam? bsc8987 MLM Scams 3 11-22-2011 12:45 PM
Ambit Sucks bsc8987 MLM Scams 1 11-15-2011 04:03 AM
Ambit E.n.e.r.g.y. sued bsc8987 MLM Scams 0 05-30-2011 06:57 PM

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump




This site may contain advice, opinions and statements of various information providers. Scam.com does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information provided by any information provider, any User of this Site or any other person or entity. Reliance upon any such advice, opinion, statement, or other information shall also be at the User’s own risk. Neither Scam.com nor its affiliates, nor any of their respective agents, employees, information providers or content providers, shall be liable to any User or anyone else for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, alteration of or use of any content herein, or for its timeliness or completeness, nor shall they be liable for any failure of performance, computer virus or communication line failure, regardless of cause, or for any damages resulting therefrom. Just because a business, person, or entity is listed on scam.com does not necessarily constitute they are scammers. This is a free open forum where people can debate the merits from the consumer's or business owner's perspective. Registration and participation is always FREE.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:22 PM.




Scam.com Is Proudly Hosted By Rackco and Protected By CloudFlare


Scams Message Board - Copyright 2004-2013 Scam.com , All Rights Reserved.