report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Business Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2007, 10:14 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Award Notification Commission

Did anyone get a letter from Award Notification Commission in Kansas City?
Is this a scam? It tells you to send $15.00 as a premium offer fee.

Old 08-21-2007, 05:12 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: Award Notification Commission

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetlevm

Yep and I'm in the UK ! ......... Its a scam... no one gives money away for nothing !!

Old 08-21-2007, 08:14 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I just got a letter today and thought - wow!!! The same letter saying you need to send this back to enter to win £5000.00 with an offer to get a star crystal pendant for £9.99. I wasn't sure of this so I just sent back the form with no money. I thought I might win something but after googling these people I have realised it is more than likely a scam :( GAY!!!

Old 08-24-2007, 03:16 AM
Newbie Member

Yes, stay away from these type of offers. I received a check in the mail for $3750.00 telling me I had won a $135,000.00 prize and the check was to guarantee the funds in my name. I was to deposit the check and send back $2700 to the prize awarding company and they would award me the $135,000!!! Yeah, right. I checked into the bank on the check and it was a legit check, however the checks were stolen and the account was closed, it was all a scam. I talked with the insurance company whose name was on the check and they told me their account had been closed for a year and these checks were still floating around out there. The lady I spoke with explained that cashing the check makes you a participant in the fraud and you can be prosecuted for bank fraud, so whatever you do turn the check over to the authorities or trash it because once you've given your name and address out YOU are the person the authorities are able to trace back to. The people setting up the scam just disappear into the void and you're left holding the of *&^(^(!!!

Old 07-23-2008, 09:05 PM
I am new at Scam.com

My heart was broken. Iím glad I researched it before sending it in. The paper work looks very legit. Is there anything that can be done about this company? The numbers even match in each case #7824C. Toying with the hearts of innocent civilians I thought we had protection from scams like this. What about the lost funds and the interest from the pain of not getting what the paper work clearly tries to sell you. Money isnít the creator always remember anything man made can be broken. People really need to stand against scams of this nature and larger!

Old 12-16-2008, 05:53 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Flitlock, it sounds like whoever stole the checks was trying to use you to launder the money, which has very severe penalties post US-PATRIOT Act. Be careful if someone send you a check, and asks you to cash it for them.

Old 01-13-2009, 06:43 PM
Radar4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetlevm View Post
Yes. Award Notification Comission is a scam. Don't send them anything, especially your personal or credit information.

Advice to all: When a lottery selects you as a winner, but you never entered or heard of it before, don't jump at the chance for their jackpot, bank deposit, electronic funds transfer, or authorize any kind of credit or automatic debit charge to cover some "fee" they tell you covers their operating costs.

When you really win the lottery or Publisher's Clearing House Sweepstakes, any applicable fees, local / federal taxes, and other admin costs will simply be deducted from your winnings...

Old 01-17-2009, 12:13 PM
Newbie Member

Anything that requires you to pay first is in most cases is a scam.

Old 11-18-2010, 04:37 AM
I am new at Scam.com

just To Let Everyone No These Are Real Letters. The Money You Have To Send In Is To Purchase A Product. You Dont Have To Send The Money In Just The Bottom Portion It Is To Be Entered For The Sweepstakes To Win The Money. Again You Dont Have To Send In The Money Or Your Information At All Just Sign It And Send It In Thats All.

Old 11-18-2010, 05:11 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lildavid View Post
just To Let Everyone No These Are Real Letters. The Money You Have To Send In Is To Purchase A Product. You Dont Have To Send The Money In Just The Bottom Portion It Is To Be Entered For The Sweepstakes To Win The Money. Again You Dont Have To Send In The Money Or Your Information At All Just Sign It And Send It In Thats All.
This post above is the best grammar and punctuation I have ever seen...

...from a three year old

Old 12-06-2010, 12:54 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by lildavid View Post
Lildavid, maybe next time you should practice what to write if you are seriously wanting people to believe you have at least a speck of credibility. This IS a scam. I received this letter as well and not recalling that I have entered into anyone's sweepstakes, I scoured this thing for a telephone number.. no surprise, there's none to be found. Yet in SEVERAL places a clear request for my hard earned money! No thank you... I would rather lick the floors at McDonald's than send a cent to a group of low-lives who have absolutely no conscience at all. Whoever "Award Notifications Commission" is... get a real *bleep* job and stop sending this crap out!!!

Old 04-25-2011, 11:37 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by philld View Post
Yep and I'm in the UK ! ......... Its a scam... no one gives money away for nothing !!
people need to be aware that this scam has changed its po box number to 2904,all the other post i seen said it was 2905 so please be aware

Old 06-21-2011, 01:08 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Several of these letters are floating around. We have received two recently that use a combination of my husband's and my name jointly as one person. That was our first clue. If one reads this very carefully, there are several clues that it is a fraud.

Old 08-14-2011, 06:50 AM
I am new at Scam.com

this is a good way for politicians to get re-elected.now whom am i thinking of.thats right ,

Old 08-14-2011, 06:59 AM
I am new at Scam.com

** the way folks i did send the letter back without the funds.i recieved a request that i had failed to send $11.89 reqiured.oh yea.in my heart i held it back.gave said money to a church.