report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Work at Home Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2007, 07:20 AM
Newbie Member

Prestige Travel Systems???

Hello, all;

I'm seriously considering a home travel business with Prestige Travel Systems. Does anyone have any info on this company? Has anyone been involved with them? Any thing you could share would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

olds_cool63

Old 08-11-2007, 10:21 AM
Newbie Member

Re: Prestige Travel Systems???

ANYONE with info on Prestige Travel Systems?

Old 11-04-2007, 10:22 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Hi, I recently joined Presetge Travel Systems. So far everything has gone smoothly. Anytime I called with a question they have been very informative and a pleasure to deal with. I really am not a big "sales" person but I love traveling. So I'm hoping to do some traveling through them and take a few friends along. You do have to earn a minimum of $100 worth of commissions per year in order to be a member the following year. I'll try to post more as I get more to share. Good Luck!
Let me know if you join and what you think.

Old 11-05-2007, 06:56 PM
Platinum Member

Seems to be a fairly well established company

Old 11-05-2007, 11:29 PM
Newbie Member

Cool, Mosaic. I'm actually looking to going into the business full time. Would've come in handy on the week trip to Kona, HI my wife and I just got back from yesterday. My goal is to be independant within a year, so we'll see how it goes. Please keep us upated, Mosaic.

Thanks!

olds_cool63

Old 09-05-2008, 11:32 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I also am looking at joining Prestige Travel. Did anyone join and find out this is legitimate? Also what leve did you join?

Old 10-12-2008, 12:46 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Hi,

Did you join? I just saw Prestige and I'd like a good business opportunity.

Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by olds_cool63 View Post
Hello, all;

I'm seriously considering a home travel business with Prestige Travel Systems. Does anyone have any info on this company? Has anyone been involved with them? Any thing you could share would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

olds_cool63

Old 10-12-2008, 12:48 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Hi, Is the business still what you expected? I just saw it and I'd like a good business opportunity if I can find one.

Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosaic View Post
Hi, I recently joined Presetge Travel Systems. So far everything has gone smoothly. Anytime I called with a question they have been very informative and a pleasure to deal with. I really am not a big "sales" person but I love traveling. So I'm hoping to do some traveling through them and take a few friends along. You do have to earn a minimum of $100 worth of commissions per year in order to be a member the following year. I'll try to post more as I get more to share. Good Luck!
Let me know if you join and what you think.

Old 10-09-2009, 02:17 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I just joined Prestige and will let you know as soon as I get my agent package.
I hve been researching them and talking on the phone with Agent support for weeks, asking questions!
Could not find anything wrong..
They have a new Lifetime Travel Club that sells for $49.95 that gives the customer crusies, vacation packages, condo rental and much more......Every Year. They only pay taxes and port fees. You earn $20 commission on each new member PLUS 30% commissions on ANY travel...and they send emails to these members promoting travel specials, etc. which you earn 30% comm. on if they book any of those!! NO!!....no timeshare or other strings attached to this Lifetime Travel Club..jjs

Old 10-10-2009, 08:25 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I am seriously thinking about signing up with pts. How much did it cost you to buy in?

Old 10-12-2009, 11:11 AM
I am new at Scam.com

It costs $125 to join at Level 1.
That gives you a full training kit and you earn 30% commission on all booked travel that you sell.

Level 2 costs $210/ earn 35% commissions/ plus you get additional training.

Level 3 costs $295/ you earn 40% commission and you get even more training.

The more you do by yourself as an Agent, meaning more of the actual booking of the travel for a customer, the more commissions you get from Prestige Travel. It's only fair.
If you only want to direct customers to thier website, and they book the travel through Prestige, you earn 30%. But you are doing less of the work, that's why.
As you learn more, and do more of the booking, you earn more.
Here's the link to the Independent Agent Opportunity site:
http://www.ptstravel.com/default.htm

I've just got my Agent Training Package and it's very good. I've been calling and talking to the Agent support department, and they are VERY helpful. I see NO problems with them. Also, even thought it is NOT MLM, you can earn up to $50 per referral and 5% override on anyone who joins as an Agent.
They also have this awesome Travel Club that gives the members a yearly assorment of vacations and crusies and more for a one-time membership of $49 of which you earn $20.
The only other costs to the customer are the hotel taxes and port fees for crusies. There are many other ways to earn money that you will learn when you see the website!!!
The only way you can fail is if you do nothing with what they supply!!

Old 10-12-2009, 01:21 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS View Post
It costs $125 to join at Level 1.
That gives you a full training kit and you earn 30% commission on all booked travel that you sell.

Level 2 costs $210/ earn 35% commissions/ plus you get additional training.

Level 3 costs $295/ you earn 40% commission and you get even more training.

The more you do by yourself as an Agent, meaning more of the actual booking of the travel for a customer, the more commissions you get from Prestige Travel. It's only fair.
If you only want to direct customers to thier website, and they book the travel through Prestige, you earn 30%. But you are doing less of the work, that's why.
As you learn more, and do more of the booking, you earn more.
Here's the link to the Independent Agent Opportunity site:
http://www.ptstravel.com/default.htm

I've just got my Agent Training Package and it's very good. I've been calling and talking to the Agent support department, and they are VERY helpful. I see NO problems with them. Also, even thought it is NOT MLM, you can earn up to $50 per referral and 5% override on anyone who joins as an Agent.
They also have this awesome Travel Club that gives the members a yearly assorment of vacations and crusies and more for a one-time membership of $49 of which you earn $20.
The only other costs to the customer are the hotel taxes and port fees for crusies. There are many other ways to earn money that you will learn when you see the website!!!
The only way you can fail is if you do nothing with what they supply!!
You do not get 30%, 35%, 40% or even 100% commission of the travel that you sell. You will get 30%, 35%, etc. of the commission paid to Prestige from the supplier. So if you sell a vacation with a base value of $2,000 (which would exclude scheduled air and taxes), you would get about $72 based on 30% of the total commission. The standard commission for a real travel agent using a bona fide host agency is minimum 60% with no fees. Most pay an average of 70 to 80%. You're being screwed.

As for the travel club....heard it all before and we all know how that works. It doesn't. Come back in a few months and tell us how dissatisfied you are.

Old 10-13-2009, 05:47 PM
Newbie Member

Just be careful and REALLY REALLY check it all out. Even going so far as running corporate searches. Are they a licensed club? Is the MLM properly set up? ARe there complaints against them at Corporate Consumer Affairs? It might seem a wee bit overboard, but travel club scams are HUGE and people are getting suckered left and right.

Take a look at the mess victims of Andre Muran and his travel club scams are in. The properties invloved are being foreclosed on, there is a trail of judgements against Muran and his companies and what truthful information you can find out about the fraud is being buried in the rankings by fake Andre Muran websites and blogs. These types of people will go to mind numbing lengths to take money and give nothing in return.

I personally would not touch it with a sharp hot poker.

Old 10-19-2009, 09:10 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Wow!
I guess you guys are experts.??
Do you know ANYTHING about Prestige Travel Systems??
Doubt it.
Prestige is NOT MLM.
The Travel Club is REAL.
http://www.prestigetravelclub.com
NO Timeshares or other B.S. involved.
Don't know where you are getting your FACTS from.
Prestige has been in business since 1988.
You should google them before making any false remarks.
I've been doing well with NO SCAMS from them.
They are not trying to SELL me any "get rich quick" B.S. story.
They are a REAL full-service travel agency ..just call them
813-289-7772
Agent Support- 800-940-8801
pick their brain!
www.goprestigetravel.comand useYour Preferred Customer ID [removed by mod]

Last edited by No_Moron_Here : 10-27-2009 at 11:56 AM. Reason: affiliate removed

Old 10-26-2009, 05:37 AM
I am new at Scam.com

@JJS--I was just wondering. Do they allow you to book for yourself and earn commission? This is the true reason I am interested. I travel a lot for my other business and want to cut down costs. I know YTB travel allows you to do this, but they cost more. Do they provide you with tax advice, as far as what can be written off when you pay taxes? Thanks.-- Also people that have never been scammed by this company or any other entity, should really have no comment. You are not credible. All you have is a bunch of accusations. Keep your day job if that makes you happy. But don't put your bad energy on someone else. How can you comment on something you've never been affiliate with. I know I want to to hear from people that have actually BOUGHT into the company and got SCAMMED. And then still it would depend on their particular situation. Sometimes we SCAM ourselves.

Old 12-15-2009, 10:31 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Prestige Travel Systems‏

I am interested in joining Prestige Travel Systems‏ as an independent agent, therefore, I will to have information about this coporate entity.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:25 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: Prestige Travel Systems‏

I too want and am looking into Prestige Travel. During my research of Prestige I could not find anything wrong with the company. I looked them up with the Better Business Bureau and could not find any faults. I plan to buy into the company in the near future.

Any additional information will be helpful.

Old 01-30-2011, 07:51 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Just because a company is "legal" does not mean that it is not a scamming one!
Everyone thinks they are travel agents, as now-a-days, it is one of the lost job professions, in the USA!
The internet has provided everyone with the means to eliminate their personal consultants, their insurance agts, their travel agts, etc etc etc.
Professionals that have taken pride
in the education needed are bummed that the jobs are gone!
As far as PTS is concerned, you really are not given credit for your own travel. You need 100.00 of other travelers business earnings so, unless you have a built in travel club or a huge outlet for group travel, you will not earn enough. The travel deals and discounts are not that great, either.
You can e-mail me with any questions
as I have a CTC and I have been in the travel business since hired with American Airlines @ 15!
Over ten yrs with PTS makes me an expert on the home based scene!