report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Political Chat
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2007, 02:50 AM
"You will respect my authority!"

Leahy, Specter Lay in to Gonzales

Leahy, Specter Lay in to Gonzales
By Paul Kiel - July 24, 2007, 11:05 AM

If there's been a more brutal treatment of a cabinet official before Congress in recent memory, I haven't seen it.

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Patrick Leahy (D-VT) and Ranking Member Arlen Specter (R-PA) failed to disguise their contempt for Alberto Gonzales in their opening statements. Leahy, after running down the laundry list of Gonzales' failures and instances of questionable testimony, said that the administration's stance on their surveillance programs was "just trust us." Well, "I don't trust you," said Leahy.
http://www.tpmmuckraker.com/archives/003756.php

Old 07-25-2007, 02:55 AM
Silver Member

Re: Leahy, Specter Lay in to Gonzales

THESE TWO HALF-WITS are real losers. They are part of the problem =not a solution.

Old 07-25-2007, 03:10 AM
Most Valued Gold Member

with all the things going on in the world, war in iraq, nukes in korea and iran, floods in china and england, global warming going to kill us all any minute if terrorists don't get us first, drug addicted people not being stopped till after they kill somebody, mexicans coming in by the millions, illegally . . . more

but with all this and more, these clowns think the best way to spend time is having a celebrity roast for the attorney general. and you think so too. with leaders like this, we are doomed.

Old 07-25-2007, 03:13 AM

Senator stumps Gonzales over authority granted to Cheney to intervene in Justice probes Michael Roston
Published: Tuesday July 24, 2007

During Tuesday's Senate Judiciary Committee oversight hearing, a freshman Democratic Senator stumped Attorney General Alberto Gonzales on how Vice President Dick Cheney, his chief of staff, and counsel, had been granted authority parallel with the President on intervening in pending matters at the Justice Department.

Senator Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI) questioned the Attorney General about the independence of the Justice Department and communications with the White House on pending cases or investigations.

He then pointed to a May 4, 2006 memorandum signed by Gonzales which showed that the Office of the Vice President had been granted parallel privileges with the Executive Office of the President on communicating directly with the Justice Department's staff on criminal and civil matters.

"What - on earth - business does the Office of the Vice President have in the internal workings of the Department of Justice with respect to criminal investigations, civil investigations, and ongoing matters?" the Senator asked.

Gonzales was stumped, "As a general matter, I would say that's a good question."

Whitehouse then pointed out that in the same memo, the Chief of Staff and Counsel of the Vice President were also explicitly granted the same authority.

"On its face - I must say - sitting here, I'm troubled by this," Gonzales added.

A spokesperson for the Office of the Vice President told RAW STORY it was not possible to comment without first seeing a transcript of the proceedings.

Senator Whitehouse's office provided a copy of the Gonzales memo to RAW STORY.
Cont at site………..
http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Senato...y_to_0724.html

Old 07-25-2007, 03:24 AM
Most Valued Gold Member

the vice president is the president of the senate and also carries out any duties as assigned by the president.

nobody complained when al gore was re-inventing government. this would mean al was given power to reorganize, hire and fire in all departments of federal government. it is up to bush to trust cheney, or limit his authority.

Old 07-25-2007, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumbles
the vice president is the president of the senate and also carries out any duties as assigned by the president.

nobody complained when al gore was re-inventing government. this would mean al was given power to reorganize, hire and fire in all departments of federal government. it is up to bush to trust cheney, or limit his authority.
Al Gore! Where do you see Al Gore in this?
The only thing I can figure is you have been temporarily distracted from your fixation with Clintons cock and now Al Gore is your new plastic blow up doll. Next you’ll probably bring up Jimmy Carter. What the hell it’s sure better than admitting that you did not read anything posted here.
In fact there is no evidence suggested by your post that you even know how to read.
Is mommy helping you with this mumbles?

Old 07-25-2007, 08:54 AM
Most Valued Gold Member

the complaint is, vice president given powers he should not have been given. Al Gore was vice president when he was given total power to re-invent government. actually, i hesitate to explain because i think this is clear to everyone but you. the vice president might be used as a top level diplomat, a crisis manager, or a potted plant, depending on the whims of the president.

Last edited by mumbles : 07-25-2007 at 08:58 AM. Reason: more