report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Chat Here
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2007, 10:57 PM
Most Valued Gold Member

User Name???

Why did you choose the one that you use?

Old 07-23-2007, 06:21 PM
Platinum Member

Re: User Name???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah Well Fine Then
Hey Steve,

I was the mascot for a jam band by the name of Jiggle the Handle, so I was refered to as Jigglepete (to distinguish me from all of the other Petes that came out to see the band "who's that?", "Oh, that's Pete", "Which one?" "Ahh, that's Jigglepete" etc...) Those that remember still refer to me as that... ;)

Old 07-23-2007, 06:59 PM
Nowhere Man

Quote:
Seems to me this theme were here... :rolleyes:
http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=5317

Please don't shoot the piano player, he's doing the best he can.

Author’s emoticons KOLOBOK-Style

Old 07-24-2007, 07:32 AM
Vashudeva; Ferryman - doing the work...

"Coontie" is the Seminole Indian name for a certin type of Palm Tree. The Spaniards when they came to what is now know as the Florida area of the U.S.; they called this same Palm tree "Sabal". Otherwise known as the "cabbage palm". One can taker the new center growth of this palm and make a delicious salad. However, in doing so, the palm is killed. But, at one time there were so many that it didn't matter, as this palm tree grows very insidously. But then, [another "but"] so many of them are being bulldozed down in the process of clearing land for development until now this palm is approaching endangerment. It really doesn't taste like "cabbage". Not sure how that name stuck. Anyhow, I am originally frokm Florida. By the way, the Seminole Indians were never defeated by the United States. They are still an unconqured nation within the U.S.
We humans - what we do - eh?
ANyhow, that is it for me. I had wanted another user name when I first came on to scam.com. Therefore, I wound up- using "Coontie". Don't remember now how that process developed.

Old 07-24-2007, 07:39 AM
-- ---- --------, ---- ----.

Quote:
First (christian) name and last (surname) initial. I've always belonged to forums where it was required the membership state their actual name... either in their sig or in their user name.

Old 07-24-2007, 08:58 AM
Lady Moderator- Just call me Your Majesty

Quote:
I've used it for the last 11 years on the Internet. It started out as a catchy marketing name that was easy for people to remember, then it just "stuck". I've been SoJustAsk ever since.

Lady Mod

When we are unable to find tranquility within ourselves, it is useless to
seek it elsewhere.
---= Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Old 07-24-2007, 09:56 AM
Most Valued Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulM
First (christian) name and last (surname) initial. I've always belonged to forums where it was required the membership state their actual name... either in their sig or in their user name.
I was thinking of having no name at all.

In real life, I mean...

That would mess with the heads of the authorities....

:D

Old 07-24-2007, 01:44 PM
Nowhere Man

Well, I'm not lazy I can repeat... :rolleyes: Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V are not very hard movement... :D

My "username" is abbreviation. "B" is my school pet name — Borizonchik. Letters "i" and "R" I took over here:

That's all.

Please don't shoot the piano player, he's doing the best he can.

Author’s emoticons KOLOBOK-Style

Old 07-24-2007, 06:44 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
My nickname is Catch (from my baseball days)
I can't remember my real name...Oh, yeah...Matthew!
I chose Catch-22 because I believe life is a Catch-22..You don't really want to be a part of it, but in order to die, you have to live first...It's a no win situation...so, you just go along with it!

Too deep?

Tough!

:p

Old 07-24-2007, 06:48 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
I was thinking of having no name at all.

In real life, I mean...

That would mess with the heads of the authorities....

:D
Not really...Prince Rogers Nelson did it!

No problems.....

Old 07-24-2007, 07:14 PM
Most Valued Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catch-22

No problems.....

Who..?

Anyway, were would you stand legally with that, I wonder..?

If you denounced your old name, and simply refused to take a new one..?

:confused:

Old 07-24-2007, 07:33 PM
Lady Moderator- Just call me Your Majesty

Quote:
Who..?

It's not the name the authorities track you by, it's the number. If you have a social security number in your country, you can never get rid of it. A birth certificate, it has numbers.

They just call you John Doe.

To authorities I go by "Me". Don't say "My name is", say I am the human who goes by "me".

Lady Mod

When we are unable to find tranquility within ourselves, it is useless to
seek it elsewhere.
---= Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Old 07-24-2007, 07:37 PM
Most Valued Gold Member

What would, I wonder, happen, if in theory, you were arrested for a crime, and spoke in a language that was invented all by yourself?

Let's say that you had no previous, so that there was no fingerprints on the database.

As far as I know, in order, at least here, for the police to properly charge you with a crime, you must understand the charges being read, but if you spoke in this invented language, and wrote only in it, how could they do so...?

Old 07-24-2007, 08:20 PM

Quote:
What would, I wonder, happen, if in theory, you were arrested for a crime, and spoke in a language that was invented all by yourself?

Let's say that you had no previous, so that there was no fingerprints on the database.

As far as I know, in order, at least here, for the police to properly charge you with a crime, you must understand the charges being read, but if you spoke in this invented language, and wrote only in it, how could they do so...?
That would really make a problem for "The Authorities". I've heard of people removing fingerprints. They can also go by dental records and voice patterns.
I am not sure of the practice in other countries, but in the U.S. the footprint is also recorded for every child born in an "established" institute, such as a Hospital.
There are some people now living that have just for all practical purposes "disappeared". Some have moved to foreign countries to remote areas and use a diffenrent name from that given, IF they feel required to give a name.
Personal identity is an interesting matter when one scruitinizes the topic. There are also some people that have a name that everyone knows them by. Then, a "secret name" that only they [and some believe that otherwise; God] know/s.
Anyway, I really think that in [for figurative purposes] somehwere around no more than 100 years hence that ALL, especially "ordinary people" such as we are socially classified by the "elite", it will be mandatory that ELectronic Data Tag chips be installed in every newborn. Those that are found to later, especially as adults, not have such will be in "trouble" with the aurhotites.
There was a move made in that direction when, if I recall correctly, somewhere in the early 70's ALL American Infants hence born were to be assigned a "Social Security Number". In the U.S., this has since become a standard identification number, used for virtually every personal identification imaginable. That and our "Vehicle Drivers License" which we are very often required to show/produce as part of our "offical" identification.
I believe now that there is also the practice of taking and recording DNA of newborns. This has become considered a virtual fool-proof manner of personal identification.

Old 07-24-2007, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catch-22

No problems.....
What is the "Sigil"?

Old 07-24-2007, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiR
Well, I'm not lazy I can repeat... : Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V are not very hard movement...

My "username" is abbreviation. "B" is my school pet name — Borizonchik. Letters "i" and "R" I took over here:

That's all.

Hmmmm Boris... I was looking to identify your face there. Didn't see? :rolleyes: :D

"Borizon-chik" is funny! Seems like a combination of the. element Boron and the Horizon. Now "chik" reminds me of our slang word "Chick" which young guys referred to young gals, as, back in the 40's - 50's here in the U.S. :cool: :D

p.s. The place of theses faces [the actual President's faces] is at a place in the U.S. just south of Rapid City, South Dakatoa named "Mt. Rushmore"] In case you are not aware "Mt." is abbreviation for Mountain.
The site is at the southern end of a range of Mountains named the "Black Hills", so named because of the presence of dense dark foliage pine forest.
The entire are is considered by the Sioux Indians {one of American Indian Tribes] as a very sacred area way back in history, to present. These Indians consider it a desecration [a gesture of grave disrespect] that the faces of the Presidents was carved on this mountain. It seems like it was an intentional act of various individuals of the time to perform this act to "steal [take] the power of this area from the Indians and use it for the White People's leaders.
Now, on a very distant Mountain, far to the West of this area, is being carved into the Mountain face a large effigy of "Chief Crazy-Horse". A Sioux Indian Medicine Man and Chief of several hundread years ago. The project has been going on for years and is not yet completed.
There was a film recently released: "Bury My Heart At Wounded-Knee", one of the then and still now "Indian Reservations" where a great number of Sioux Indians was massacred [killed]. I think it was here that Chief Crazy Horse was killed. One famous photograph is of his corpse lying frozen in the snow.
The Reservations and massacres were a very shameful thing for the white people to have done, then as well as now.

Last edited by coontie : 07-24-2007 at 08:41 PM.

Old 07-24-2007, 08:28 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Who..?

You never heard of Prince???????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFiFFZ9F-L8

Old 07-24-2007, 08:36 PM
Most Valued Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coontie
That would really make a problem for "The Authorities". I've heard of people removing fingerprints. They can also go by dental records and voice patterns.

I've heard of people doing that too, with acid! :eek:

However, in this case, the one that I describe, it would not be required, since the person has not committed a crime before, therefore, their prints would be of little use, and anyway, even with prints, the person MUST understand the charges, at least, I believe that to be the law here.

I am not sure of the practice in other countries, but in the U.S. the footprint is also recorded for every child born in an "established" institute, such as a Hospital.

Is it? I've not heard of that here....

There are some people now living that have just for all practical purposes "disappeared". Some have moved to foreign countries to remote areas and use a diffenrent name from that given, IF they feel required to give a name.
Personal identity is an interesting matter when one scruitinizes the topic. There are also some people that have a name that everyone knows them by. Then, a "secret name" that only they [and some believe that otherwise; God] know/s.

What do you mean?

Anyway, I really think that in [for figurative purposes] somehwere around no more than 100 years hence that ALL, especially "ordinary people" such as we are socially classified by the "elite", it will be mandatory that ELectronic Data Tag chips be installed in every newborn. Those that are found to later, especially as adults, not have such will be in "trouble" with the aurhotites.
There was a move made in that direction when, if I recall correctly, somewhere in the early 70's ALL American Infants hence born were to be assigned a "Social Security Number". In the U.S., this has since become a standard identification number, used for virtually every personal identification imaginable. That and our "Vehicle Drivers License" which we are very often required to show/produce as part of our "offical" identification.
I believe now that there is also the practice of taking and recording DNA of newborns. This has become considered a virtual fool-proof manner of personal identification.

Yeah, I am sure that the control freaks would love to implement this almost Orwellian disutopia upon us, but I fancy that it might be a lot harder for them than they think, imo.