report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Mail Order Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-26-2007, 11:54 AM
starlighter starlighter is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 37
???$15,000 a month just mail 2 letters???

Has anyone else received (or responded ) to this ad?
I've received it from 2 different people/companies...this one is B&G Publishing in Clifton Park, NY.
Instructions are to mail one letter (which they will provide) to "Business A".
Then they will send back to me a very specific type of information. Put the material that ....blah blah....add some blah blah,,, and then mail that to "Business B".

Has anyone tried this before? Does anyone know what this business is?

Curious,
Starlighter


Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old 06-27-2007, 02:26 AM
borisf96's Avatar
borisf96 borisf96 is offline
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,156
Re: ???$15,000 a month just mail 2 letters???

This is scam business.



Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old 06-28-2007, 04:28 AM
sardonicone's Avatar
sardonicone sardonicone is offline
Just another Old Man 'O the internet
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Columbus, Ohio...hoping for somewhere without Winters in the next 5 years.
Posts: 242
Re: ???$15,000 a month just mail 2 letters???

It's pretty obvious it's a scam.

Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old 08-28-2007, 10:02 AM
broncosfan49 broncosfan49 is offline
I am new at Scam.com
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1
Re: ???$15,000 a month just mail 2 letters???

Hi every one dont send your money to this guy it is a scam .I to would like to get rich ,we all would !! the only one that is going to make eny money from this is Dickson !No one in there right is going to give you something for nothing .it will cost you your $32.00 +the cost of your mailing list, + post & you might get 5 to 10 . Also if you get cought. If you Want to make money come up with your own scam then make your own sells pitch buy your mailing list pay your postage send out your own letters kick back clect your own checks and count your money have a good day all the way to the bank


Last edited by broncosfan49 : 08-28-2007 at 10:06 AM. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old 08-29-2007, 12:03 AM
KerryC KerryC is offline
Newbie Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 12
Re: ???$15,000 a month just mail 2 letters???

This is a scam. Anything that sounds too good to be true, usually is. If it was so easy to make $15,000 dollars a month, wouldn't we all be doing it? Now it's not impossible to make a great income from home, it just takes some research to find an honest company, that doesn't make false promises. When I was searching for a home business, I did alot of research and went through alot of trial and error. There are alot of scams and companies that give you false hope, however eventually I was able to find a company that doubled my income and gave me alot of free time to spend with my family. When searching for a home based business, look for one that has a great product, excellent support and training. Good luck in your search!
__________________
Kerry-Ann Crawford
Home Business Consultant
www.excellentincomeonline.com
"Abundance is a choice.. . Do what is necessary...And Life by Design is Attainable"

Reply With Quote

  #6  
Old 01-29-2008, 07:12 PM
computergirl computergirl is offline
I am new at Scam.com
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3
Re: ???$15,000 a month just mail 2 letters???

Is this the same company or

affiliate company called Vanderbilt

Enterprises out of Minneapolis, MN

Reply With Quote

  #7  
Old 12-02-2008, 03:34 PM
Knight-mare's Avatar
Knight-mare Knight-mare is offline
REBEL
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,045
Re: ???$15,000 a month just mail 2 letters???

Quote:
Originally Posted by computergirl View Post
Is this the same company or

affiliate company called Vanderbilt

Enterprises out of Minneapolis, MN
Vanderbilt Enterprises
Paul Vanderbilt
7040 Lakeland Ave. N.
Suite 200
Minneapolis, MN. 55428-5616

I have dealt with this company recently and I will say that I was not impressed. For $25.00 you get a booklet entitled "Who wants to become a millionaire". In the initial advertisement letter that you receive, it states "Proof will be sent with order". However, no proof is provided with order. The booklet is just an outline of a money making plan that explains how it is supposed to work. That is all. Paul Vanderbilt also does not provide any testimonials to back up any claims about his system.

In his advertisment letter, Paul Vanderbilt refers to his method as the unique GG-1 technique. However, in the booklet "Who wants to become a millionaire" he refers to his technique as the G2-22 method. Also, in his advertisement letter he makes it sound like he put together a money making plan. However, in the booklet "Who wants to become a millionaire" Paul Vanderbilt's name is not mentioned once. He did not write the booklet, he is just marketing it.

I did write Paul Vanderbilt and asked him about these concerns, as well as a refund. I also asked Paul Vanderbilt if he and his company (Vanderbilt Enterprises) were affiliated with (Victor Dickson and Double Action Formula). I asked that because both Vanderbilt Enterprises and Double Action Formula material is about 95% identical.

I did get a reponse back and a refund from Paul Vanderbilt. The only concern that Paul Vanderbilt addressed was that in no way was Vanderbilt Enterprises affiliated with Victor Dickson and Double Action Formula. Paul Vanderbilt goes on to say that Victor Dickson and Double Action Formula is a disgrace and is giving mail order businesses a bad name. Paul Vanderbilt did not address the lack of proof or the inconsistencies from the advertisement letter to the booklet.

Despite the fact that Vanderbilt Enterprises is not affilated with Double Action Formula, I still do not recommend this company to anyone.
__________________
"The mind bends and twists in order to deal with the horrors of life...
...sometimes the mind bends so much it snaps in two".

Reply With Quote

  #8  
Old 05-19-2009, 01:06 PM
candik1012 candik1012 is offline
Newbie Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 26
Re: ???$15,000 a month just mail 2 letters???

ok i just received this in the mail today but the address is mail dispatch release in new york and the guys name is victor not too much info and he is offering a double your money back gurantee. lol yea right

Reply With Quote

  #9  
Old 06-02-2009, 07:14 AM
ScreamingEagle ScreamingEagle is offline
Newbie Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 24
Re: ???$15,000 a month just mail 2 letters???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight-mare View Post
Vanderbilt Enterprises
Paul Vanderbilt
7040 Lakeland Ave. N.
Suite 200
Minneapolis, MN. 55428-5616

I have dealt with this company recently and I will say that I was not impressed. For $25.00 you get a booklet entitled "Who wants to become a millionaire". In the initial advertisement letter that you receive, it states "Proof will be sent with order". However, no proof is provided with order. The booklet is just an outline of a money making plan that explains how it is supposed to work. That is all. Paul Vanderbilt also does not provide any testimonials to back up any claims about his system.

In his advertisment letter, Paul Vanderbilt refers to his method as the unique GG-1 technique...
I would like to add that yet another 'version' is alive today, May of 2009.

We have a strikingly similar letter ...same price, still working on that "GG-1 formula..." by the way! Also, "proof will be sent with order" etc. all just as described by Knight-mare

However, there is NO NAME associated with this latest incarnation. It's all "I this ..." and "I that ..." with no name in any of the advertising material, period.

You remit only to some entity called "Unitor" ...at the following address:
2409 N Rice Street - Suite 240
Saint Paul, MN 55113.

The original sales letter was in an envelope with large printing: "AIR MAIL JET-LETTER"
but stamped single 44c in Minneapolis, MN.

Forever ...round and round, I guess!

-ScreamingEagle
__________________
"To scam or not to scam" - the great Internet challenge.


Last edited by ScreamingEagle : 06-02-2009 at 07:18 AM.
Reply With Quote

  #10  
Old 10-27-2009, 07:02 PM
lee233 lee233 is offline
I am new at Scam.com
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2
Re: ???$15,000 a month just mail 2 letters???

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlighter View Post
Has anyone else received (or responded ) to this ad?
I've received it from 2 different people/companies...this one is B&G Publishing in Clifton Park, NY.
Instructions are to mail one letter (which they will provide) to "Business A".
Then they will send back to me a very specific type of information. Put the material that ....blah blah....add some blah blah,,, and then mail that to "Business B".

Has anyone tried this before? Does anyone know what this business is?

Curious,
Starlighter

I got the same kind of letter today (10-27-20090 from a Rick Nelson. He wants $25 and to send it to Unitor, 2499 N. Rice Street, Suite 240, Saint Paul, Minnesota 55113. I haven't decided whether this guy is legit or not and I can't find anything about him or his company on the intenet so far. It does sound rather ineesting. I just don't know if I want to gamble $25 on something that may or not be a scam.

Reply With Quote

  #11  
Old 10-27-2009, 07:04 PM
lee233 lee233 is offline
I am new at Scam.com
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2
Re: ???$15,000 a month just mail 2 letters???

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee233 View Post
I got the same kind of letter today (10-27-20090 from a Rick Nelson. He wants $25 and to send it to Unitor, 2499 N. Rice Street, Suite 240, Saint Paul, Minnesota 55113. I haven't decided whether this guy is legit or not and I can't find anything about him or his company on the intenet so far. It does sound rather ineesting. I just don't know if I want to gamble $25 on something that may or not be a scam.

Sorry for my errors above, but my "r" key doesn't work too well

Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old 10-29-2009, 04:06 PM
lyonness63 lyonness63 is offline
I am new at Scam.com
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2
Re: ???$15,000 a month just mail 2 letters???

I don't know if this is legit or not, I get ai least 4 or more of these similar offers and each one offers to be the only one that works and of course they all want $25 or more. So does anyone have any info out there?

Reply With Quote

  #13  
Old 11-02-2009, 02:01 AM
ScreamingEagle ScreamingEagle is offline
Newbie Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 24
Re: ???$15,000 a month just mail 2 letters???

Unfortunately, these like all similar (and they seem to be growing yearly) are pure scams. After I researched these ("Unitor" and similar) earlier this year, I found that most just received no further contact after sending their money. Others said they did get a piece of paper giving them worthless info about setting up one of these "$15,000 per month" scams yourself. The "Proof" that it works, which is supposed to be mailed to you after sending in the $25, is never again mentioned by the scammer and follow-up inquiries are ignored.

Dump these in the trash, please!

-Screaming Eagle
__________________
"To scam or not to scam" - the great Internet challenge.


Last edited by ScreamingEagle : 11-02-2009 at 02:03 AM.
Reply With Quote

  #14  
Old 09-17-2010, 03:53 PM
The Daredevil's Avatar
The Daredevil The Daredevil is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 45
Re: ???$15,000 a month just mail 2 letters???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingEagle View Post
Unfortunately, these like all similar (and they seem to be growing yearly) are pure scams. After I researched these ("Unitor" and similar) earlier this year, I found that most just received no further contact after sending their money. Others said they did get a piece of paper giving them worthless info about setting up one of these "$15,000 per month" scams yourself. The "Proof" that it works, which is supposed to be mailed to you after sending in the $25, is never again mentioned by the scammer and follow-up inquiries are ignored.

Dump these in the trash, please!

-Screaming Eagle
I just received one of these from a 'Jane & Charles McCarthy' under the company heading of 'A.C.I. West Division Headquarters' based in San Francisco

Reply With Quote

  #15  
Old 12-13-2010, 05:54 AM
evn678 evn678 is offline
I am new at Scam.com
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1
Re: ???$15,000 a month just mail 2 letters???

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Daredevil View Post
I just received one of these from a 'Jane & Charles McCarthy' under the company heading of 'A.C.I. West Division Headquarters' based in San Francisco
Also received the mail from 'Jane & Charles McCarthy' of 'A.C.I.'...

Reply With Quote

  #16  
Old 01-28-2011, 03:20 AM
ConcreteKamikaze ConcreteKamikaze is offline
I am new at Scam.com
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1
Re: ???$15,000 a month just mail 2 letters???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingEagle View Post
I would like to add that yet another 'version' is alive today, May of 2009.

We have a strikingly similar letter ...same price, still working on that "GG-1 formula..." by the way! Also, "proof will be sent with order" etc. all just as described by Knight-mare

However, there is NO NAME associated with this latest incarnation. It's all "I this ..." and "I that ..." with no name in any of the advertising material, period.

You remit only to some entity called "Unitor" ...at the following address:
2409 N Rice Street - Suite 240
Saint Paul, MN 55113.

The original sales letter was in an envelope with large printing: "AIR MAIL JET-LETTER"
but stamped single 44c in Minneapolis, MN.

Forever ...round and round, I guess!

-ScreamingEagle

I actually got the "Unitor" letter in the mail yesterday. I always get stuff like this in the mail, and always check into them, but they're scams. I mean really? Mail two letters and make $15,000.00 in one month, I laughed when I read it. It was also a "Jet-Letter" with no return address.

The address on my "payment envelope" is 1970 Oakcrest Ave, Suite 118, Roseville, MN 55113.

May see what else I can find out about them :)

Reply With Quote

  #17  
Old 01-28-2011, 04:12 AM
Shippou's Avatar
Shippou Shippou is offline
419 Scambaiter
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Indiana, USA
Posts: 146
Re: ???$15,000 a month just mail 2 letters???

I clicked this post thinking it would be another check scam ... apparently not.
__________________
419

Reply With Quote

  #18  
Old 01-28-2011, 07:24 PM
ProfHenryHiggins ProfHenryHiggins is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,251
Re: ???$15,000 a month just mail 2 letters???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConcreteKamikaze View Post
I actually got the "Unitor" letter in the mail yesterday. I always get stuff like this in the mail, and always check into them, but they're scams. I mean really? Mail two letters and make $15,000.00 in one month, I laughed when I read it. It was also a "Jet-Letter" with no return address.

The address on my "payment envelope" is 1970 Oakcrest Ave, Suite 118, Roseville, MN 55113.

May see what else I can find out about them :)

Awful lot of businesses listed for that one suite, aren't there?
I used the phone number and found a supposed "notary" and accounting service. Hmm. I don't think so.


Reply With Quote

Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Letter in mail from Choice Mail chrissy37480 Work at Home Scams 4 01-14-2009 07:28 AM
Inquiry letters underpressure116 Work at Home Scams 4 11-22-2007 01:11 AM
Love Letters Button Chat Here 8 02-23-2007 01:25 PM
Two Letters = $$$$ ?????? SPRITZ Work at Home Scams 5 12-29-2006 04:15 AM

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump




This site may contain advice, opinions and statements of various information providers. Scam.com does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement or other information provided by any information provider, any User of this Site or any other person or entity. Reliance upon any such advice, opinion, statement, or other information shall also be at the Userís own risk. Neither Scam.com nor its affiliates, nor any of their respective agents, employees, information providers or content providers, shall be liable to any User or anyone else for any inaccuracy, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, alteration of or use of any content herein, or for its timeliness or completeness, nor shall they be liable for any failure of performance, computer virus or communication line failure, regardless of cause, or for any damages resulting therefrom. Just because a business, person, or entity is listed on scam.com does not necessarily constitute they are scammers. This is a free open forum where people can debate the merits from the consumer's or business owner's perspective. Registration and participation is always FREE.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:57 AM.




Scam.com Is Proudly Hosted By Rackco and Protected By CloudFlare


Scams Message Board - Copyright 2004-2013 Scam.com , All Rights Reserved.