report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Work at Home Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2007, 01:10 AM
Newbie Member

Does this look like a scam?

I found this message on my craigslist. It sounds interesting. No upfront fees or anything like that. The company they go through has a satisfactory rating with the BBB. Do you think its a scam?

CRAIGSLIST AD: (I removed the links to prevent spamming complaints)

Contest Verifiers/Appointment Setters Needed

There are many ads on the Internet that sound great and turn out to be scams. I understand that, and agree you must be very careful. Know this upfront

1- we are listed with the BBB company name Market Street Promotions the website for the BBB is www.bbb.org.

2- we do not require payment from you for anything, this is a job.

3- this is not a MLM or a get rich quick scheme.

4- this is a commission based job, you are paid based on performance.

With that said:

We are looking for clear, professional and friendly voices to set appointments from the comfort of your own home. You will be verifying sweepstakes entries of winners to ensure that they are the winner, provide them with information about their prize, and set an appointment for them to claim their winnings.

This is a 1099 position, you will be paid weekly. There are no start up costs or hidden fees.

If you set 25 appointments and 5 show you earn 700.00 per week part time. If you set 50 and 10 show you earn 1400.00 full time. Previous experience is helpful but a gift of gab and a positive attitude is more important.

1 = 95.00
2=100 each =200
3=120 each =360
4=130 each = 520
5= 130 each =650
20 % show is our company average

Book 50 10 show 1400.00

Call me at 555-555-5769 between 10 AM and 8 PM Mon-Fri.
Damien Tackett

email:
information@xxxxxxx.com

To Apply Vist: www.xxckexxllc.xxx.
Contest Verifier / Appointment Setter

Old 06-23-2007, 01:27 AM
Silver Member

Re: Does this look like a scam?

I dont know, nothing screams out "this is a scam" to me. I think you should check it out, but be cautious

Submit and Read Reviews of Paid Survey - Paid Survey Reviews
Are paid online surveys a scam ? Find out here

The Blog About Paid Surveys... Paid Surveys A Scam

Old 06-23-2007, 06:04 AM
Diamond Member

Next time do not remove website name.

Old 06-23-2007, 06:48 AM
Newbie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisf96
Next time do not remove website name.
Sorry about that, was just wanting to avoid spam complaints, haha...here is the link http://tackettllc.com/default.aspx

Old 06-23-2007, 07:07 AM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoch2
Sorry about that, was just wanting to avoid spam complaints, haha...here is the link http://tackettllc.com/default.aspx
You can get scam companies when you post affiliate part of website, like www.mybusiness.com/BOB, when you post the same thing 10-20 time or when you just post website just to say how happy you with them and everybody has to sign up.

Quote:
What They Have Won:
The Qualified Winner has been guaranteed at this point to have won one of the 4 prizes below, they are not required to pay for, or join anything in order to receive their prize.

1- A Cadillac Escalade or a Ford Explorer (Make and model may differ from site to site)
2- A $2500.00 Certified Check
3- A vacation for two including airfare and hotel
4- A 27 Inch High Deffinition Flat Screen Toshiba TV
First is very simple. People did not really win car or money. They are "finalists". Your job to get them to dealership where salesman will try to sell them car.

Third one is a timeshare. You will sand people to timeshare presentation.

Second one could be either timeshare or get somebody to dealership.

Website also has some spelling mistakes.

Last edited by borisf96 : 06-23-2007 at 07:10 AM.

Old 06-24-2007, 12:18 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Well, I've had these people call me numberous times, so someone has to do the calling I guess. Everybody they call is a "finalist". They tell you to show up at a specific time to "claim your prize" and I guess when you get there everyone listens to a spiel about the company or whatever, and then everyone gets a scratch off or pull ticket to reveal their "prize." I have never gone, so I don't know what happens at that point. But, like I said, I have been called, so someone has to be doing the calling.

Old 06-24-2007, 01:45 PM
Platinum Member

Your income will depend on your selling skills

Old 06-27-2007, 01:49 AM
tabufx50

looks like they want someone to do telemarketing for them or lead generation to sell products, so no doesn't look like a scam. Might want to see if you can get a hold of someone that's actually worked with them and get their opinion.

Old 06-27-2007, 02:30 AM
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabufx50
looks like they want someone to do telemarketing for them or lead generation to sell products, so no doesn't look like a scam.
Exactly, but the way they are recruiting is not very honest.

Old 11-29-2007, 03:49 PM
kellym

Its not a scam.

They have actually won a prize, a car, cash tv or trip. They have to go to a 90 minute presentation and after that they are told what prize they won. My job as a rep is setting their appts and verify the information that filled out when they filled out the entry form for the contest, and telling them what the requirements are. (They do no go to the dealership). If you want more info, please pm me

Kelly

Last edited by kellym : 11-29-2007 at 03:52 PM.

Old 11-29-2007, 09:44 PM
Wheres my Spam? Ask your friendly neighborhood moderator.. ME

Awww so you are who I keep hanging up on.... ;)