report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER  

Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Work at Home Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2007, 10:37 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Cha Cha Guide - Scam? Worthwhile?

I've come across some people saying they are "Cha Cha Guides". I went to the site and read about it, searcing the web for people who are looking for info. I'm taking that is like an instant AskJeeves site. The Guides get paid for searching for info for people

What do you think, is it worthwhile? Decent pay? I'm lookiing for side incme, I stay at home with my infant son. Input please....

PS - I'm a newbie so I apologize if this has been asked before :confused:

Bookmark and Share

Old 06-18-2007, 04:27 AM
Platinum Member

Re: Cha Cha Guide - Scam? Worthwhile?

ChaCha Guide is legit, but the pay is not very good

Old 06-18-2007, 06:55 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I've read that too, but at least you've confirmed that it is legit, thanks!

Old 06-19-2007, 03:21 AM
Silver Member

they also have guides for about.com and I believe that they get paid very well, that may be another option for you if the cha cha one does not work

http://beaguide.about.com/

Submit and Read Reviews of Paid Survey - Paid Survey Reviews
Are paid online surveys a scam ? Find out here

The Blog About Paid Surveys... Paid Surveys A Scam

Old 04-15-2008, 03:18 PM
Newbie Member

anyone know if cha cha is a scam?

i've been thinking about becoming a guide for this company for awhile but haven't heard any feed back on wether it's worth it.

Old 04-15-2008, 04:34 PM
Wheres my Spam? Ask your friendly neighborhood moderator.. ME

Re: anyone know if cha cha is a scam?

It's not a scam but you won't make very much. I've heard from people who have been on 10 hrs a day and made .10 and others who say they love it so maybe it's because they stuck it out and made it to the higher levels.

Old 04-15-2008, 04:38 PM
Newbie Member

thank you very much for the info

Old 12-03-2008, 10:17 PM
Silver Member

Just like all surveys are scams, this is a huge scam as well.

Old 12-16-2008, 12:02 PM
I am new at Scam.com

SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!

They owe me $400 and sent a card with no PIN and never did give me my PIN.

So..........

SCAM!!!!!!

Anyone else?

Old 12-18-2008, 10:06 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Worthwhile! Not a scam. Previous poster needs to contact First IB to get a pin number.

I am a SAHM too & ChaCha provides me with a little pocket money & has even paid a few bills. I'm not getting rich or anything, but it isn't a total waste of time.

Old 01-29-2010, 01:51 PM
I am new at Scam.com

This may have been a good way of making money but they have pretty much become a con company. Their pay structure for transcribers, the lowest level, is such that they don't tell you how much you get paid per transcription beforehand. A certain amount of money is set aside to pay all "guides" and the transcriber gets a portion of that based upon how many they transcribe compared and how many points they earn as compared to the total. Right now it works out to around .73 cents a transcription. Yes that is cents. Then they make you "earn" $100 before paying you. So in order to get paid you have to transcribe around 13500 messages. it also takes almost an hour to transcribe 100 messages, so you make 73 cents (once again cents) per hour. They are severely taking advantage of those needing money.

Old 01-29-2010, 01:52 PM
I am new at Scam.com

This may have been a good way of making money but they have pretty much become a con company. Their pay structure for transcribers, the lowest level, is such that they don't tell you how much you get paid per transcription beforehand. A certain amount of money is set aside to pay all "guides" and the transcriber gets a portion of that based upon how many they transcribe compared and how many points they earn as compared to the total. Right now it works out to around .73 cents a transcription. Yes that is cents. Then they make you "earn" $100 before paying you. So in order to get paid you have to transcribe around 13500 messages. it also takes almost an hour to transcribe 100 messages, so you make 73 cents (once again cents) per hour. They are severely taking advantage of those needing money.

Old 02-16-2010, 02:50 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I too thought I'd give them a try. It should have been a clue since wages are ambiguous even following the application process. I worked as an Expeditor, and I made about $0.80/hour for on and off sessions over a two-week period. Besides the low pay, the work itself is aggravating - lots of tweens wanting definitions of swear words and descriptions of how to have sex. Other kids must be really bored and just want to chat, unfortunately when making les than $1/hour, slowing down to type a chat response is not practical.

Although ChaCha is not technically a scam, it's much more work than you'll be paid for.

Last edited by katiescorner : 02-16-2010 at 06:16 PM.

Old 03-03-2010, 06:01 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I agree with helacey & stayaway. I am a SAHM too but I also attend college, so my time is severely limited for the amount of time you have to put in for ChaCha to be worthwhile.

Working for ChaCha is only good if you have a laptop and unlimited time. If your days are full of sitting around watching TV, then you might as well be doing ChaCha. If you have a million things to do already around the house or school work like me, DON'T BOTHER. I wish I had never gotten involved, because they don't tell you up front how much time it takes to make a few cents. For my time, it makes more sense to just ignore the fact that they owe me money rather than put in ANOTHER 50 or so hours just end up getting paid around 40 cents an hour.

BOTTOM LINE: This job SUCKS. If you love getting cursed at and answering incredibly juvenile sexual comments (such as, "do you like dogs licking your ba**s?"), all while making pennies every hour, then sure, go ahead and do ChaCha & enjoy the prestige of making 40 cents an hour in your pajamas!!

However, if you have self-respect & prefer to enjoy your life instead of having to suffer the lack of others education, then don't ChaCha, like me.

Old 03-03-2010, 06:06 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I am a SAHM but I also attend college, so my time is severely limited for the amount of time you have to put in for ChaCha to be worthwhile.

Working for ChaCha is only good if you have a laptop and unlimited time. If your days are full of sitting around watching TV, then you might as well be doing ChaCha. If you have a million things to do already around the house or school work like me, DON'T BOTHER. I wish I had never gotten involved, because they don't tell you up front how much time it takes to make a few cents. For my time, it makes more sense to just ignore the fact that they owe me money rather than put in ANOTHER 50 or so hours just end up getting paid around 40 cents an hour.

BOTTOM LINE: This job SUCKS. If you love getting cursed at and answering incredibly juvenile sexual comments (such as, "do you like dogs licking your ba**s?"), all while making pennies every hour, then sure, go ahead and do ChaCha & enjoy the prestige of making 40 cents an hour in your pajamas!!

However, if you have self-respect & prefer to enjoy your life instead of having to suffer the lack of others education, then don't ChaCha, like me.

Old 03-18-2010, 05:07 PM
I am new at Scam.com

[quote=helacey;879863] - lots of tweens wanting definitions of swear words and descriptions of how to have sex. Other kids must be really bored and just want to chat...

They say they are "looking for Einsteins" as guides but I think they are running on a business mentality analogous with that of a "village idiot" (or are they just blinded by greed?)

Aside from how they conduct their internal business, ChaCha's external interface also can bring many questions about how they conduct business.

The following was submitted as a concern to the FTC (http://www.ftc.gov):

Questions sent to ChaCha, (below ###) and have not been answered to date. Aside from the search for "I am 12", other searches of "I am 11", "I am 10", "I am 9", "I am 8", "I am 7", "I am 6", and "I am 5" all produce results where the questioner states they are a particular age (under 13), the answering person acknowledges the number as an age, responds, and in many cases even encourages the questioner to continue to submit questions. This is a concern, as mentioned below, because, ads are received by the questioner, regardless of if they provide age or not or have time to consent to lengthy and complicated Terms of Use and Privacy Policy, which may not be available via cell phone. Given the nature of the medium, at least a phone number (via text message is relayed to ChaCha and is necessary to be used in response via answer and ad).
###########################
Why does ChaCha’s Terms of Use at
http://answers.chacha.com/footer/terms-of-use/ state that “The Site and the Services are not permitted to be used by anyone under thirteen years of age.”, yet a casual search of "I am 12" on http://www.chacha.com/answers returns more than 10,000 answers, many of which are provided to questions that clearly state the questioner is 12 years of age?

In addition, why is it that a text response will be given to a
question, along with an advertisement, within a time frame that would not even be realistic for a lawyer to interpret and understand the Terms of Use and the Privacy Policy at
http://answers.chacha.com/footer/privacy-policy/, let alone a 12 year old (or younger) lured into using the service.

In addition, why does ChaCha blatantly advertise their service at http://answers.chacha.com/about-chacha/, yet hide the “Terms of Use” and “Privacy” links at the bottom of the page in small print, mixed along with other links associated with the site?

Thank you in advance for your sincere response.

Old 03-18-2010, 05:22 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayAway View Post
This may have been a good way of making money but they have pretty much become a con company. .
They say they are "looking for Einsteins" as guides but I think they are running on a business mentality analogous with that of a "village idiot" (or are they just blinded by greed?)

Aside from how they conduct their internal business, ChaCha's external interface also can bring many questions about how they conduct business.

The following was submitted as a concern to the FTC (http://www.ftc.gov):

Questions sent to ChaCha, (below ###) and have not been answered to date. Aside from the search for "I am 12", other searches of "I am 11", "I am 10", "I am 9", "I am 8", "I am 7", "I am 6", and "I am 5" all produce results where the questioner states they are a particular age (under 13), the answering person acknowledges the number as an age, responds, and in many cases even encourages the questioner to continue to submit questions. This is a concern, as mentioned below, because, ads are received by the questioner, regardless of if they provide age or not or have time to consent to lengthy and complicated Terms of Use and Privacy Policy, which may not be available via cell phone. Given the nature of the medium, at least a phone number (via text message is relayed to ChaCha and is necessary to be used in response via answer and ad).
###########################
Why does ChaCha’s Terms of Use at
http://answers.chacha.com/footer/terms-of-use/ state that “The Site and the Services are not permitted to be used by anyone under thirteen years of age.”, yet a casual search of "I am 12" on http://www.chacha.com/answers returns more than 10,000 answers, many of which are provided to questions that clearly state the questioner is 12 years of age?

In addition, why is it that a text response will be given to a
question, along with an advertisement, within a time frame that would not even be realistic for a lawyer to interpret and understand the Terms of Use and the Privacy Policy at
http://answers.chacha.com/footer/privacy-policy/, let alone a 12 year old (or younger) lured into using the service.

In addition, why does ChaCha blatantly advertise their service at http://answers.chacha.com/about-chacha/, yet hide the “Terms of Use” and “Privacy” links at the bottom of the page in small print, mixed along with other links associated with the site?

Thank you in advance for your sincere response.

Old 03-19-2010, 10:52 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I have never worked for this site, but I have read other reviews that they do not pay.
Anything with more than 1 negative review in my book is worth staying away from