report scams here at scam.com dont get scammed Scams and Scammers - Expose hypocrisy and spread respect ! Don't get ripped off! REGISTER
Go Back   scams > Scam Message Board > Mail Order Scams
Register FAQ Register To Post Member List Promote Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2007, 08:56 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Cambridge Who's Who

I got this card in the mail from Cambridge Who's Who. I did a little research on them, and found a lot of stuff. I want to share this with everyone so people can have information to make an informed decision.
Cambrdige Who's Who at AbsoluteWrite.com
Cambridge Who's Who at Shawn Olsen's Blog
Cambridge Who's Who at AssociatedContent.com
Cambridge Who's Who at A. C. Crispon
Cambridge Who's Who Complaint at my3cents.com
Cambridge Who's Who Complaint at Annoyed Librarian
Cambridge Who's Who Fraud discussion at Swing.com
Cambridge Who's Who at Power Seller
Another Cambridge Who's Who at AbsoluteWrite.com

Does anyone else have any experience with this company?

Last edited by Nimmy : 10-18-2007 at 08:57 AM. Reason: forgot to add question

Old 10-18-2007, 10:15 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Re: Cambridge Who's Who

A little more research on these guys turned up something about the owner of Cambridge Who's Who

Disciplinary Actions Cambridge Who's Who President, Randy Narod

From the article:
Randy Harris Narod (Registered Representative, Oceanside, New York) submitted an Offer of Settlement pursuant to which he was censured, fined $50,000, barred from association with any NASD member in any capacity, and required to disgorge all monies earned by him while associated or otherwise employed in the securities industry after September 11, 1995, in the amount of at least $1,000. Without admitting or denying the allegations, Narod consented to the described sanctions and to the entry of findings that he arranged to have an impostor take the Series 7 and 63 exams on his behalf. Narod also failed to respond to NASD requests to appear for an on-therecord interview.

Old 04-14-2008, 03:07 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Matthew Proman has started a new company called the National Association of Professional Women www.napw.com . Again they are mailing invitations to potential members and promising "no cost or obligation" when you fill it out with your address and phone number and mail it back. When you are called for an interview process which will determine your inclusion to the association, you are offered two packages both of which cost hundreds of dollars once you are determined to be an “excellent addition for membership”. While this company does appear to offer some legitimate services such as discounts on conferences, the fees are astronomical which they promise are a “one time fee with no annual dues” and is a blatant lie. Anyone who had someone else take their Series 7 test for them obviously can not be trusted. http://www.finra.org/web/groups/enforcement/documents/monthly_disciplinary_actions/p007561.pdf

Old 04-23-2008, 02:13 PM
I am new at Scam.com

I too received a letter. I knew it was a scam (reminded me of a poetry contest I entered in 8th grade- they pulibshed my poem and 10,000 others and for so much $ I could purchase the book and have a biography). I was intrigued by the fact Who's Who said I was nomiated.
I work at a small apartment complex as an Assistant Apartment Manager for a salary of $27,000 so I would not call myself successful in relations to my job.
Today I received my call. I asked her who nominated me and she said she was unable to tell me as a different department handles nominations and there is a selection committe as well. As the representative was talking I stumbled on this site as she began to tell me how much I could pay. I told her I was not paying for this and she hung up on me.
Avoid this at all costs!

Old 08-20-2009, 10:48 PM
Newbie Member

I just found some very disturbing news about this "NAPW" operation: http://www.napw-exposed.com

Old 09-23-2009, 11:56 AM
I am new at Scam.com

I just received a letter from Cambridge Who's Who -- saw it as 'presorted standard' mail - which is code of USPS for junk mail, but was curious, so opened it. I searched their posted web site for myself, wondering how I got 'nominated'. Then started a search on them, it took scrolling through two pages to locate this site. The first page and a half was filled with "satisfied" customers, but I still felt skeptical -- and rightly so, it appears! Glad I shredded it. Thank you all for your posts.

Old 12-11-2010, 03:18 PM
I am new at Scam.com

Cambridge Who's Who is a scam - no doubt. They get your name and address from readily available sources. You're not "special" to them, but your cash, credit card number, and personal information are.

When I receive their slick offer in the mail, I write "Big Expensive Scam" on it, and send it back. At least it costs them return postage.

PS - I know they're a scam because I've recently moved and they have my current address, yet I was laid off 2 years ago and their criteria/selection process directly relies on your employment. Pleeeezzz... :)

Old 10-25-2011, 05:34 AM
I am new at Scam.com

Definitely a scam!

The owners Mathew Proman and Randy Nayrod have been scammers for years! Ever since their in Oceanside High school!